Downs Beaten AGAIN!!!!!!

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

Van Basten
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Downs Beaten AGAIN!!!!!!

Post by Van Basten »

Av Metro 2-0 Downs

What happened boys, the ship starting to Rock? or is that collection of Dads Army's finest starting to show what they really made of?Ross Taylor = Sook :twisted:
Pick on someone your own size!!!!!!!

Go the Vale!

I must be a prophet :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
LOST 3-0 to the Gardens!!!!!!!!
Last edited by Van Basten on Sun Aug 06, 2006 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CR7
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by CR7 »

we ddidn't play well 2day but that could be the wake up call we need to get things back on track.

chemical brother
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by chemical brother »

:twisted: What! A wake up call about all cash being spent. It'll never buy pride in the shirt and a heart. So is the real story the rhubarb crumble crumbling. But we know the sooks in pink will say the ref's was against you and they were 2 offside goals. No matter what it is pink is not fashionable :twisted:
Lifestyles thru Chemistry

CR7
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by CR7 »

every player who pulls on the downs shirt at the club as pride and passion to play for the club enough said.

chemical brother
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

:twisted: So if the $$$ weren't there would the new players :twisted:

thierry
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by thierry »

another gutless geek hiding behind a screen name that probably didnt get a game in the ressies, laughable.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

marooned
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by marooned »

metro2 downs0 no excuses the better team won on the day. Would have preferred if metro players didnt go down squealing like pigs trying to get players booked. Disgracful performance . Thankful that the ref saw right through your antics.
http://www.edsc.com.au

"It's not how good you are, but how bad you want it"

diegom
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by diegom »

Yeah GOOD CALL marooned!
:lol:
So I guess one of the defenders with a cut to the nose from an elbow is what ur talking about?
Or the late tackles some of ur players were enforcing because they were second 2 the ball all arvo????
Nah the highlight for me was the number of fights ur players tried to provoke in the late second half and the dimwit supporter/s who tried to stir crap with our trainer who was only doin his job - yeah good one chardonnay.

chemical brother
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

8) Nice one diecom The Downs crowd is the worst in the league. But i must agree with the diving your team does it to easy, its a part of our beautiful game that needs to be stamped out. It is definately cheating in mine and most probably alot of fans and players book,stay on your feet or play netball a none contact sport. In my book there is nothing better than seeing a player fly in for a tackle and the player riding the challenge. :twisted:

diegom
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by diegom »

chemical brother wrote:8) Nice one diecom The Downs crowd is the worst in the league. But i must agree with the diving your team does it to easy, its a part of our beautiful game that needs to be stamped out. It is definately cheating in mine and most probably alot of fans and players book,stay on your feet or play netball a none contact sport. In my book there is nothing better than seeing a player fly in for a tackle and the player riding the challenge. :twisted:

Mate I agree with u on the fact of diving tackles, but when they are fair or both players actually make contact with the ball. Not when the tackles come flying in way 2 late. Thats blatanly only to injure players. Diving? I think most teams have their fair share and are guilty of that, Prob a few instances on sunday were a bit suspicious but BOTH teams took the odd dive to win free's. I think it was more to catch their breaths as the game was a highly physical and fast paced encounter.
But I want to thank the Downs lad,s cos even though the game could of got NASTY, most of the players played the game in a fair spirited contest.
As for the supporters, well, thats another story.

And I am not picking on all of them cos its a great atmosphere hearing some comments made by the supporters, some are actually pretty funny. The BEST ones were directed to the B's ref and when the downs supporters picked on each other - that was class.

It was only a handful of YOBBO's who had a bit 2 many beers (that were actually brought in, mind U) that were a disgrace to the downs. Especially the 2 DROPKICKS who tried to attack our trainer after he rushed back from attending an injured player. THATS A SHAME!

chemical brother
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

:!: Point taken :!: I do feel for the goalkeepers when they play at needle park(argana) with that crowd right behind. :D some of their comments are funny :lol:

marooned
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by marooned »

Especially the 2 DROPKICKS who tried to attack our trainer after he rushed back from attending an injured player. THATS A SHAME![/quote]

your trainer squirted our coaching staff with his water bottle as he ran past and deserved a smack in the head for being a chardonnay. by the way where were your supporters? thats right you have none.

sparts
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by sparts »

how'd u go agianst gully the wk before???

diegom
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by diegom »

marooned wrote:Especially the 2 DROPKICKS who tried to attack our trainer after he rushed back from attending an injured player. THATS A SHAME!

your trainer squirted our coaching staff with his water bottle as he ran past and deserved a smack in the head for being a chardonnay. by the way where were your supporters? thats right you have none.[/quote]

Yeah with a buch of ferals like ur lot, we keep them away due to the RABBIES infections.

Oh by the way, did U get council approval for u guys to visit us????

diegom
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by diegom »

chemical brother wrote::!: Point taken :!: I do feel for the goalkeepers when they play at needle park(argana) with that crowd right behind. :D some of their comments are funny :lol:

Yah thats true
Especially how we play at TK shutter, the pitch is fenced off cos of the super league metro's play there.
Well the downs supporters decided to invade the pitch by all jumping the fence and sitting on the inside of the fence. It got 2 one point where the linesman had to watch where he was running as the coaching staff and some supporters were nearly standing on the sidelines.

But the crowd was very vocal and it added a GREAT atmosphere to the game.
Especially cos WE WON.

waawaa
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by waawaa »

your trainer squirted our coaching staff with his water bottle as he ran past and deserved a smack in the head for being a chardonnay. by the way where were your supporters? thats right you have none
thats b/s and you know it. your feral supporters were in his face and it was only when red head (only bloke there with red hair) got involved and started pushing that the water bottle was sprayed, and did you notice the gutless wonder that tried to king hit our trainer through the crowd.

how do i know this because i was standing next to the trainer when it happened.

john dada

Post by john dada »

Geez boys,

I'm only retired one week and i miss all the fun!!!!!
Maybe i'll put the boots back on :?:

waawaa
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by waawaa »

Maybe i'll put the boots back on
:shock: :shock:

chemical brother
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

:twisted: Glad to see the Downs lose Id rather see the VALE win than those tossers in pink :twisted: and thats saying something :roll:

povman_2009
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by povman_2009 »

When I played at the Downs back in the 1960's they wore Maroon has it faded over the years ???

thierry
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by thierry »

chemical brother you only dream you were involved at a club like the downs.
which fine club do u hail from?
---------------------------------------------------------------------

chemical brother
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

:twisted: your favourite club :twisted:

john dada

Post by john dada »

Paul,
First team or Ressies on weekend?

waawaa
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by waawaa »

vvv
Last edited by waawaa on Mon Jul 24, 2006 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bigpond
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by bigpond »

too bad AV u left ur best form for Round 13 when u r out of the race for the DIV 1 title and u were knocked out the cup by a DIV 3 side.

I am not a Downs fan but I think u r all getting a bit ahead of urselves - they r still 5 points in front and can afford a slip up but the teams in the pack trying to catch them cant so i know whose boots I would rather be in.

john dada

Post by john dada »

p@ul12 wrote:vvv

wtf?

To Mati
Star Player
Star Player

Post by To Mati »

Downs, Eliz Downs, hmm where have I heard that b4?

Oh yeah who was that twat that said on here they were simply the best and could even take on superleague sides? hmm can't remember.

BLAME THE REFS

marooned
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by marooned »

what was your teams result on sunday frappe?
sting gone out of your tail chum?
has the limnos bandwagon packed up and gone home?

To Mati
Star Player
Star Player

Post by To Mati »

There he is!

Thats the TWAT who said they would completely pump the league and could take on Superleague sides anyday. bla bla bla. Your all amateurs mate.

BTW Limnos teams lost 3-1 on the weekend. Difference is we dont claim to be a huge dominating force in our league or claim to competitively take on sides 5 classes aboves us.

tottenham
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

supporters

Post by tottenham »

1st of all chemical brother you are an idiot secondly villa killed us no worries and the bloke standing next to the trainer when supposed opposition supporter took a swing wat did u do? i no i was there you cabernet your 1970s track suit by the way didnt the villa player who got injured try the old footy bump on the downs 1st team manager long ball down the wing lads long ball down the wing.