EPL 23/24

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
Posts: 19346
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:55 am
Been thanked: 111 times

Re: EPL 23/24

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Midfield Maestro wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 1:02 am Hjobjerg.... :lol:
Has always been average and i can't believe Ange sees otherwise. Spurs' problem was always going to be depth.
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

User avatar
haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player
Posts: 3331
Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2006 3:42 pm
Has thanked: 32 times
Been thanked: 23 times

Re: EPL 23/24

Post by haywood djablowme »

Nice One Cyril wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 1:22 am
Midfield Maestro wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 1:02 am Hjobjerg.... :lol:
Has always been average and i can't believe Ange sees otherwise. Spurs' problem was always going to be depth.
Depth you reckon?? You only play 1 game a week

1 - The Ange bubble has burst
2 - Now you'll find out what life is really like with out Harry
SAASL SUNDAY PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPION 2010 2011
SAASL CHALLENGE CUP WINNER 2008 2010 2011
SAASL CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS WINNER 2010
SAASL CICHANOWSKI SHIELD WINNER 2009 2011 2012

Midfield Maestro
Promising Junior
Promising Junior
Posts: 306
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:11 am
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: EPL 23/24

Post by Midfield Maestro »

haywood djablowme wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 7:48 am
Nice One Cyril wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 1:22 am
Midfield Maestro wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 1:02 am Hjobjerg.... :lol:
Has always been average and i can't believe Ange sees otherwise. Spurs' problem was always going to be depth.
Depth you reckon?? You only play 1 game a week

1 - The Ange bubble has burst
2 - Now you'll find out what life is really like with out Harry
lol... Losing Romero, van den Ven and Maddison is pretty significant, especially when your replacements are Davies, Dier and Royal. Bissouma and Son were off the boil too.

Still to concede 2 late like that, there will have been some rockets flying in the changeroom
As soon as you're born you start dying.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
Posts: 19346
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:55 am
Been thanked: 111 times

Re: EPL 23/24

Post by Nice One Cyril »

haywood djablowme wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 7:48 am
Nice One Cyril wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 1:22 am
Midfield Maestro wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 1:02 am Hjobjerg.... :lol:
Has always been average and i can't believe Ange sees otherwise. Spurs' problem was always going to be depth.
Depth you reckon?? You only play 1 game a week

1 - The Ange bubble has burst
2 - Now you'll find out what life is really like with out Harry
:lol: 'Angeball' was always predicated on having the cattle to be able to play it and losing three of your starting back four to be replaced by Dier, Davies and Royal doesn't exactly inspire confidence. It was a pretty dull game tbh.
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

zzz
Star Player
Star Player
Posts: 2406
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:30 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 12 times

Re: EPL 23/24

Post by zzz »

Nice One Cyril wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 10:40 am
haywood djablowme wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 7:48 am
Nice One Cyril wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 1:22 am
Midfield Maestro wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 1:02 am Hjobjerg.... :lol:
Has always been average and i can't believe Ange sees otherwise. Spurs' problem was always going to be depth.
Depth you reckon?? You only play 1 game a week

1 - The Ange bubble has burst
2 - Now you'll find out what life is really like with out Harry
:lol: 'Angeball' was always predicated on having the cattle to be able to play it and losing three of your starting back four to be replaced by Dier, Davies and Royal doesn't exactly inspire confidence. It was a pretty dull game tbh.
he's going to get torn apart by English media and I don't think he'll be around too long because he hates criticism

thebeautifulgame
Squad Player
Squad Player
Posts: 1400
Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:09 am
Has thanked: 26 times
Been thanked: 56 times

Re: EPL 23/24

Post by thebeautifulgame »

zzz wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 2:32 pm
Nice One Cyril wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 10:40 am
haywood djablowme wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 7:48 am
Nice One Cyril wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 1:22 am
Midfield Maestro wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 1:02 am Hjobjerg.... :lol:
Has always been average and i can't believe Ange sees otherwise. Spurs' problem was always going to be depth.
Depth you reckon?? You only play 1 game a week

1 - The Ange bubble has burst
2 - Now you'll find out what life is really like with out Harry
:lol: 'Angeball' was always predicated on having the cattle to be able to play it and losing three of your starting back four to be replaced by Dier, Davies and Royal doesn't exactly inspire confidence. It was a pretty dull game tbh.
he's going to get torn apart by English media and I don't think he'll be around too long because he hates criticism
He will give as good as he gets, if not better. Tell me any football manager that likes criticism.
I think the belief in himself will have a positive impact on Tottenham over the season- too many people to keen to write him off after a couple of poor results.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
Posts: 19346
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:55 am
Been thanked: 111 times

Re: EPL 23/24

Post by Nice One Cyril »

zzz wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 2:32 pm
Nice One Cyril wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 10:40 am
haywood djablowme wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 7:48 am
Nice One Cyril wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 1:22 am
Midfield Maestro wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 1:02 am Hjobjerg.... :lol:
Has always been average and i can't believe Ange sees otherwise. Spurs' problem was always going to be depth.
Depth you reckon?? You only play 1 game a week

1 - The Ange bubble has burst
2 - Now you'll find out what life is really like with out Harry
:lol: 'Angeball' was always predicated on having the cattle to be able to play it and losing three of your starting back four to be replaced by Dier, Davies and Royal doesn't exactly inspire confidence. It was a pretty dull game tbh.
he's going to get torn apart by English media and I don't think he'll be around too long because he hates criticism
At the start of the season if someone had offered me 3rd or 4th after 12 games, I'd have taken it in a heartbeat and I suspect most true fans would have too, so I doubt they'll give a toss what the press write.
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

thebeautifulgame
Squad Player
Squad Player
Posts: 1400
Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:09 am
Has thanked: 26 times
Been thanked: 56 times

Re: EPL 23/24

Post by thebeautifulgame »

Nice One Cyril wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 7:00 pm
zzz wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 2:32 pm
Nice One Cyril wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 10:40 am
haywood djablowme wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 7:48 am
Nice One Cyril wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 1:22 am
Midfield Maestro wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 1:02 am Hjobjerg.... :lol:
Has always been average and i can't believe Ange sees otherwise. Spurs' problem was always going to be depth.
Depth you reckon?? You only play 1 game a week

1 - The Ange bubble has burst
2 - Now you'll find out what life is really like with out Harry
:lol: 'Angeball' was always predicated on having the cattle to be able to play it and losing three of your starting back four to be replaced by Dier, Davies and Royal doesn't exactly inspire confidence. It was a pretty dull game tbh.
he's going to get torn apart by English media and I don't think he'll be around too long because he hates criticism
At the start of the season if someone had offered me 3rd or 4th after 12 games, I'd have taken it in a heartbeat and I suspect most true fans would have too, so I doubt they'll give a toss what the press write.
Now and again you will get a football manager that comes along and actually EDUCATES the media- Ange is one of those managers. Guys like Robson, Ferguson, Shankly and Clough were of the same ilk, to name a few.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
Posts: 19346
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:55 am
Been thanked: 111 times

Re: EPL 23/24

Post by Nice One Cyril »

thebeautifulgame wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 7:17 pmNow and again you will get a football manager that comes along and actually EDUCATES the media- Ange is one of those managers. Guys like Robson, Ferguson, Shankly and Clough were of the same ilk, to name a few.
:lol: Steady now Celtic bhoy, he's been in the job five minutes, let's wait and see before we call him the Messiah. ;-)
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

Popeye Magoo
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer
Posts: 621
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:50 am
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 6 times

Re: EPL 23/24

Post by Popeye Magoo »

Nice One Cyril wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 8:34 am
thebeautifulgame wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 7:17 pmNow and again you will get a football manager that comes along and actually EDUCATES the media- Ange is one of those managers. Guys like Robson, Ferguson, Shankly and Clough were of the same ilk, to name a few.
:lol: Steady now Celtic bhoy, he's been in the job five minutes, let's wait and see before we call him the Messiah. ;-)
I used to enjoy Gordon Strachan's interviews the most.
I might be old, senile, short sighted and a poor driver but give me some spinach and I'll have you for breakfast!

thebeautifulgame
Squad Player
Squad Player
Posts: 1400
Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:09 am
Has thanked: 26 times
Been thanked: 56 times

Re: EPL 23/24

Post by thebeautifulgame »

Popeye Magoo wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:27 am
Nice One Cyril wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 8:34 am
thebeautifulgame wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 7:17 pmNow and again you will get a football manager that comes along and actually EDUCATES the media- Ange is one of those managers. Guys like Robson, Ferguson, Shankly and Clough were of the same ilk, to name a few.
:lol: Steady now Celtic bhoy, he's been in the job five minutes, let's wait and see before we call him the Messiah. ;-)
I used to enjoy Gordon Strachan's interviews the most.
Yes, wee Gordon had a few classic quotes during interviews. He used humour to his advantage and one of my favourites was this one:
Post match interviewer approached Strachan and said 'Gordon, can I have a quick word"? Quick as a flash he responds with "Velocity" and carries on his merry way.

thebeautifulgame
Squad Player
Squad Player
Posts: 1400
Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:09 am
Has thanked: 26 times
Been thanked: 56 times

Re: EPL 23/24

Post by thebeautifulgame »

Nice One Cyril wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 8:34 am
thebeautifulgame wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 7:17 pmNow and again you will get a football manager that comes along and actually EDUCATES the media- Ange is one of those managers. Guys like Robson, Ferguson, Shankly and Clough were of the same ilk, to name a few.
:lol: Steady now Celtic bhoy, he's been in the job five minutes, let's wait and see before we call him the Messiah. ;-)
I genuinely believe he is a top bloke and a top manager. If Tottenham back him financially he will give the top teams serious competition over the next two or three seasons. Would love him to prove all the doubters wrong.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
Posts: 19346
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:55 am
Been thanked: 111 times

Re: EPL 23/24

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Everton get a 10 point deduction and are now in the relegation zone. Strange how the oily clubs have done far worse and get nothing, maybe they can afford better legal teams. :lol:
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

User avatar
haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player
Posts: 3331
Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2006 3:42 pm
Has thanked: 32 times
Been thanked: 23 times

Re: EPL 23/24

Post by haywood djablowme »

Nice One Cyril wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 6:00 am Everton get a 10 point deduction and are now in the relegation zone. Strange how the oily clubs have done far worse and get nothing, maybe they can afford better legal teams. :lol:
This association is a joke, use VAR as another example!
SAASL SUNDAY PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPION 2010 2011
SAASL CHALLENGE CUP WINNER 2008 2010 2011
SAASL CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS WINNER 2010
SAASL CICHANOWSKI SHIELD WINNER 2009 2011 2012

predrag
Squad Player
Squad Player
Posts: 1307
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:28 pm
Been thanked: 14 times

Re: EPL 23/24

Post by predrag »

Now Chelsea & M-city are getting a good look through their books as well.

User avatar
haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player
Posts: 3331
Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2006 3:42 pm
Has thanked: 32 times
Been thanked: 23 times

Re: EPL 23/24

Post by haywood djablowme »

predrag wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 12:42 pm Now Chelsea & M-city are getting a good look through their books as well.
The Spuds might have a chance to finally win one if Citeh get docked points
SAASL SUNDAY PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPION 2010 2011
SAASL CHALLENGE CUP WINNER 2008 2010 2011
SAASL CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS WINNER 2010
SAASL CICHANOWSKI SHIELD WINNER 2009 2011 2012

User avatar
haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player
Posts: 3331
Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2006 3:42 pm
Has thanked: 32 times
Been thanked: 23 times

Re: EPL 23/24

Post by haywood djablowme »

Kai sent us top Cyril.. great signing ;-)
SAASL SUNDAY PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPION 2010 2011
SAASL CHALLENGE CUP WINNER 2008 2010 2011
SAASL CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS WINNER 2010
SAASL CICHANOWSKI SHIELD WINNER 2009 2011 2012

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
Posts: 19346
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:55 am
Been thanked: 111 times

Re: EPL 23/24

Post by Nice One Cyril »

haywood djablowme wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 8:58 am Kai sent us top Cyril.. great signing ;-)
:lol: Pat Jennings scored as often as Havertz, can't believe how lucky the Goons were.

You must be nailed on certs for the title now ;-)
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

User avatar
haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player
Posts: 3331
Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2006 3:42 pm
Has thanked: 32 times
Been thanked: 23 times

Re: EPL 23/24

Post by haywood djablowme »

Nice One Cyril wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 11:01 am
haywood djablowme wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 8:58 am Kai sent us top Cyril.. great signing ;-)
:lol: Pat Jennings scored as often as Havertz, can't believe how lucky the Goons were.

You must be nailed on certs for the title now ;-)
In 13 EPL appearances he has scored 2 for us. Richarlison has scored 2 in 37 😂

Lucky you say?? Must be referring to Azzas mistake other than that he didn't have a save to make..
SAASL SUNDAY PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPION 2010 2011
SAASL CHALLENGE CUP WINNER 2008 2010 2011
SAASL CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS WINNER 2010
SAASL CICHANOWSKI SHIELD WINNER 2009 2011 2012

User avatar
Vicodin
Ball Boy
Ball Boy
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:42 pm

Re: EPL 23/24

Post by Vicodin »

haywood djablowme wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 8:58 am Kai sent us top Cyril.. great signing ;-)
One point is nothing to gloat about considering you threw away an eight point lead last season. :clap:

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
Posts: 19346
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:55 am
Been thanked: 111 times

Re: EPL 23/24

Post by Nice One Cyril »

haywood djablowme wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 12:51 pm
Nice One Cyril wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 11:01 am
haywood djablowme wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 8:58 am Kai sent us top Cyril.. great signing ;-)
:lol: Pat Jennings scored as often as Havertz, can't believe how lucky the Goons were.

You must be nailed on certs for the title now ;-)
In 13 EPL appearances he has scored 2 for us. Richarlison has scored 2 in 37 😂

Lucky you say?? Must be referring to Azzas mistake other than that he didn't have a save to make..
True, he didn't have to save the one Zinchenko cleared off the line either.
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
Posts: 19346
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:55 am
Been thanked: 111 times

Re: EPL 23/24

Post by Nice One Cyril »

haywood djablowme wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 12:51 pm
Nice One Cyril wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 11:01 am :lol: Pat Jennings scored as often as Havertz, can't believe how lucky the Goons were.

You must be nailed on certs for the title now ;-)
In 13 EPL appearances he has scored 2 for us. Richarlison has scored 2 in 37 😂
So you can't actually offer any defence of Havertz :lol:

If you're walking down a country lane and you see two donkeys in a field, does that fact that one is German and one is Brazilian (allegedly) mean either are less a donkey? ;-)
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

thebeautifulgame
Squad Player
Squad Player
Posts: 1400
Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:09 am
Has thanked: 26 times
Been thanked: 56 times

Re: EPL 23/24

Post by thebeautifulgame »

Nice One Cyril wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 7:16 pm
haywood djablowme wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 12:51 pm
Nice One Cyril wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 11:01 am :lol: Pat Jennings scored as often as Havertz, can't believe how lucky the Goons were.

You must be nailed on certs for the title now ;-)
In 13 EPL appearances he has scored 2 for us. Richarlison has scored 2 in 37 😂
So you can't actually offer any defence of Havertz :lol:

If you're walking down a country lane and you see two donkeys in a field, does that fact that one is German and one is Brazilian (allegedly) mean either are less a donkey? ;-)
No- but my question would be how did a German and Brazilian donkey end up in the same field? ;-)
Unless one got there by using 'donkey flights'. :lol:

Midfield Maestro
Promising Junior
Promising Junior
Posts: 306
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:11 am
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: EPL 23/24

Post by Midfield Maestro »

Geez Tottenham players go down easily... Making watching then become unbearable.
As soon as you're born you start dying.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
Posts: 19346
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:55 am
Been thanked: 111 times

Re: EPL 23/24

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Midfield Maestro wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 2:04 am Geez Tottenham players go down easily... Making watching then become unbearable.
Are you talking about Bentancur? The only thing that saved Cash from a red was that there was no TV feed from VAR, which left Jared Gillett having to overrule, rather than sending the ref to the monitor.

As for players going down easily, that's pretty much every player in the league, almost none of them actually try to stay on their feet.

Most Spurs fans I speak to would obviously prefer to win, but we can see that once we get a full team back, and after a couple more transfer windows, we'll be playing good football and results will come. Even though we lost, can't complain about the entertainment value, both teams could have scored 5 each. Davies is still a bang average footballer and Royal is never a Brazilian, I'd be checking his passport. :lol:
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

Midfield Maestro
Promising Junior
Promising Junior
Posts: 306
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:11 am
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: EPL 23/24

Post by Midfield Maestro »

Nice One Cyril wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 8:33 am
Midfield Maestro wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 2:04 am Geez Tottenham players go down easily... Making watching then become unbearable.
Are you talking about Bentancur? The only thing that saved Cash from a red was that there was no TV feed from VAR, which left Jared Gillett having to overrule, rather than sending the ref to the monitor.

As for players going down easily, that's pretty much every player in the league, almost none of them actually try to stay on their feet.

Most Spurs fans I speak to would obviously prefer to win, but we can see that once we get a full team back, and after a couple more transfer windows, we'll be playing good football and results will come. Even though we lost, can't complain about the entertainment value, both teams could have scored 5 each. Davies is still a bang average footballer and Royal is never a Brazilian, I'd be checking his passport. :lol:
Cash should have been off

Outside of that though, they are constantly dropping, and not only that, staying down. I feel they lead the pl for this. There's a reason Tottenham games consistently run for 1 hour per half this season. Interesting as I thought Ange would be against this, but it's looking like it's a deliberate tactic.
As soon as you're born you start dying.

Midfield Maestro
Promising Junior
Promising Junior
Posts: 306
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:11 am
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: EPL 23/24

Post by Midfield Maestro »

Spurs are currently the Socceroos under Ange.

Trying to play angeball without the cattle to execute it. He's lucky he has access to the players 7 days a week all year, bur will need some serious transfer market action
As soon as you're born you start dying.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
Posts: 19346
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:55 am
Been thanked: 111 times

Re: EPL 23/24

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Midfield Maestro wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 8:55 am Spurs are currently the Socceroos under Ange.

Trying to play angeball without the cattle to execute it. He's lucky he has access to the players 7 days a week all year, bur will need some serious transfer market action
Most proper Spurs fans understand that he needs time to build the depth we lack, but we're being entertained in the meantime. I'd rather lose trying to win, than lose parking the bus. There's a fair amount of luck at this level, lots of marginal things and sometimes they go for you and sometimes not, it evens out over a season though.
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

Midfield Maestro
Promising Junior
Promising Junior
Posts: 306
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:11 am
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: EPL 23/24

Post by Midfield Maestro »

Nice One Cyril wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 9:07 am
Midfield Maestro wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 8:55 am Spurs are currently the Socceroos under Ange.

Trying to play angeball without the cattle to execute it. He's lucky he has access to the players 7 days a week all year, bur will need some serious transfer market action
Most proper Spurs fans understand that he needs time to build the depth we lack, but we're being entertained in the meantime. I'd rather lose trying to win, than lose parking the bus. There's a fair amount of luck at this level, lots of marginal things and sometimes they go for you and sometimes not, it evens out over a season though.
I agree, it's very entertaining, if they can just work on staying on their feet, or at the very least, not taking 3 minutes each time to get back up. :lol:
As soon as you're born you start dying.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
Posts: 19346
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:55 am
Been thanked: 111 times

Re: EPL 23/24

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Midfield Maestro wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 9:17 am
Nice One Cyril wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 9:07 am
Midfield Maestro wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 8:55 am Spurs are currently the Socceroos under Ange.

Trying to play angeball without the cattle to execute it. He's lucky he has access to the players 7 days a week all year, bur will need some serious transfer market action
Most proper Spurs fans understand that he needs time to build the depth we lack, but we're being entertained in the meantime. I'd rather lose trying to win, than lose parking the bus. There's a fair amount of luck at this level, lots of marginal things and sometimes they go for you and sometimes not, it evens out over a season though.
I agree, it's very entertaining, if they can just work on staying on their feet, or at the very least, not taking 3 minutes each time to get back up. :lol:
I grew up watching players like George Best, Jimmy Greaves etc being hacked every 30 seconds, riding tackles, getting back up and never complaining, I hate the way modern footballers are so piss weak, but they do it to gain an advantage, not because they're actually hurt and just maybe by taking away the time wasting advantage by adding all that time on, they'll gradually do it less.
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

Post Reply