WNPL / WSL Cup

This forum is for the discussion of women's football, the fastest growing participation sport in Australia. This includes local women's football and the A-League Women.

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, Forum Admins

juniorsupporter
Squad Player
Squad Player

Re: WNPL / WSL Cup

Post by juniorsupporter »

Maybe more accurate to say that the standard in the NSW WNPL is better than the WNPLSA, which has fallen across the board imo. Not sure City is the only example. And it’s just Zoe Tolland and Kate Bowler really. And good on them. Kate in particular is really getting a look in at national level. Well done to them.

juniorsupporter
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by juniorsupporter »

And it’s a different landscape really. With the aleague season getting longer, closer to fully professional, this could be the last year that you see any of those girls play WNPL anywhere at all. As it is most of them won’t play past early August. Preseason will start for ALeague in early September. Those young girls are looking to be picked up by the Future Matildas program in Sydney.

scar
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by scar »

juniorsupporter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 5:47 am Not sure City is the only example.
Yes I must agree the standard across our current WNPLSA has fallen away & not just Adel. City which I used as my example.