World Cup 2022 Forum

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

Post Reply
Just Dave now
Star Player
Star Player
Posts: 3169
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:11 am
Has thanked: 15 times
Been thanked: 35 times

Re: World Cup 2022 Forum

Post by Just Dave now »

God is an Englishman wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 4:54 pm
Arena Oaxaca wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 4:37 pm Look at how giae nicely explains things to his wife/girlfriend/partner, whereas he plays the stupid never ending question game with anyone else.

This really is true love 😍 he really does love her 🥰

I only play the "never ending question game" with people who don't answer. You all know you can end the game by simply answering.

If you were all confident you would answer and prove you're right. Most don't answer because the answers show them up.

As for my girlfriend. How do you know what games I play with her? Are you obsessed with me like Cooper is?
then when people answer your question are you a pom , answer yes and you continue to ask the same question what are we supposed to take from that ? in other words more Barossa Pearl
I may not be perfect but I'm still the closest I have ever come across

User avatar
God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member
Posts: 51452
Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 5:31 pm
Has thanked: 24 times
Been thanked: 85 times

Re: World Cup 2022 Forum

Post by God is an Englishman »

Just Dave now wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 11:51 am
God is an Englishman wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 4:54 pm
Arena Oaxaca wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 4:37 pm Look at how giae nicely explains things to his wife/girlfriend/partner, whereas he plays the stupid never ending question game with anyone else.

This really is true love 😍 he really does love her 🥰

I only play the "never ending question game" with people who don't answer. You all know you can end the game by simply answering.

If you were all confident you would answer and prove you're right. Most don't answer because the answers show them up.

As for my girlfriend. How do you know what games I play with her? Are you obsessed with me like Cooper is?
then when people answer your question are you a pom , answer yes and you continue to ask the same question what are we supposed to take from that ? in other words more Barossa Pearl
The person who was asked has not replied - "yes".
Image

Just Dave now
Star Player
Star Player
Posts: 3169
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:11 am
Has thanked: 15 times
Been thanked: 35 times

Re: World Cup 2022 Forum

Post by Just Dave now »

God is an Englishman wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:52 pm
Just Dave now wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 11:51 am
God is an Englishman wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 4:54 pm
Arena Oaxaca wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 4:37 pm Look at how giae nicely explains things to his wife/girlfriend/partner, whereas he plays the stupid never ending question game with anyone else.

This really is true love 😍 he really does love her 🥰

I only play the "never ending question game" with people who don't answer. You all know you can end the game by simply answering.

If you were all confident you would answer and prove you're right. Most don't answer because the answers show them up.

As for my girlfriend. How do you know what games I play with her? Are you obsessed with me like Cooper is?
then when people answer your question are you a pom , answer yes and you continue to ask the same question what are we supposed to take from that ? in other words more Barossa Pearl
The person who was asked has not replied - "yes".
does it matter ? you have been provided with the correct response
I may not be perfect but I'm still the closest I have ever come across

Cooper
Star Player
Star Player
Posts: 4228
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:36 pm
Has thanked: 92 times
Been thanked: 27 times

Re: World Cup 2022 Forum

Post by Cooper »

Just Dave now wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:59 pm
God is an Englishman wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:52 pm
Just Dave now wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 11:51 am
God is an Englishman wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 4:54 pm
Arena Oaxaca wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 4:37 pm Look at how giae nicely explains things to his wife/girlfriend/partner, whereas he plays the stupid never ending question game with anyone else.

This really is true love 😍 he really does love her 🥰

I only play the "never ending question game" with people who don't answer. You all know you can end the game by simply answering.

If you were all confident you would answer and prove you're right. Most don't answer because the answers show them up.

As for my girlfriend. How do you know what games I play with her? Are you obsessed with me like Cooper is?
then when people answer your question are you a pom , answer yes and you continue to ask the same question what are we supposed to take from that ? in other words more Barossa Pearl
The person who was asked has not replied - "yes".
does it matter ? you have been provided with the correct response
He just can't take it when he doesn't get the answer he is looking for, its fun to see him repeat himself and whinge even when he has an answer to his generally irrelevant questions

zzz
Star Player
Star Player
Posts: 2406
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:30 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 12 times

Re: World Cup 2022 Forum

Post by zzz »

His MO is obvious.

He has his 'winning' reply cued up that only works if his opponent answers his completely irrelevant question with a binary answer. Rinse and repeat every time.

Cooper
Star Player
Star Player
Posts: 4228
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:36 pm
Has thanked: 92 times
Been thanked: 27 times

Re: World Cup 2022 Forum

Post by Cooper »

zzz wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 1:57 pm His MO is obvious.

He has his 'winning' reply cued up that only works if his opponent answers his completely irrelevant question with a binary answer. Rinse and repeat every time.
Spot on, its very predictable

thebeautifulgame
Squad Player
Squad Player
Posts: 1400
Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:09 am
Has thanked: 26 times
Been thanked: 56 times

Re: World Cup 2022 Forum

Post by thebeautifulgame »

Nice One Cyril wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 6:31 am
thebeautifulgame wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 11:50 pm
Nice One Cyril wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 7:24 pm
thebeautifulgame wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 3:46 pmIf Robertson had not lifted his foot and it remained planted his ankle would have been snapped.
Thank you Nostradamus :lol:

Absolute bollocks though, there were tackles worse than that in pretty much every game years ago and there weren't snapped ankles in every game. You should get a gig for one of the comics that pass themselves off as newspapers, making up sensationalist headlines.
Jesus- I think I have hit a nerve! Is it because I have been picking on big Harry or perhaps backing Southgate?
Either way I stick by my opinions as we are all entitled to have our say- disagreeing used to be called a healthy debate.
Now it seems people love to put others down on a forum with cheap sarcasm.
Forgive me for speaking my mind. :roll:
:lol: Nothing to forgive, but your comment was all ifs, buts and maybes, I simply called it for what it was. Is it because Robbo is a Scot?
I assure you it has absolutely nothing to do with Robertson being a Scot- believe me I am harder on 'one of my own'.
If the roles had been reversed I would have been calling for Robertson to be sent off- unless it was a Scotland v England game! :lol:
I actually like big Harry as a player and he comes over as a good guy- but maybe I am reading too many comic newspapers. Then again it wouldn't be 'The Sun'- boycotted that rag many years ago.

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player
Posts: 3444
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:17 pm
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 68 times

Re: World Cup 2022 Forum

Post by N5 1BH »

Who the shiraz is Salt Bae

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
Posts: 19346
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:55 am
Been thanked: 111 times

Re: World Cup 2022 Forum

Post by Nice One Cyril »

N5 1BH wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 10:06 am Who the shiraz is Salt Bae
Arteta just signed to replace Jesus
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

User avatar
God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member
Posts: 51452
Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 5:31 pm
Has thanked: 24 times
Been thanked: 85 times

Re: World Cup 2022 Forum

Post by God is an Englishman »

Nice One Cyril wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 12:12 pm
N5 1BH wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 10:06 am Who the shiraz is Salt Bae
Arteta just signed to replace Jesus
I am not celebrating artera's birthday on sunday.
Image

User avatar
God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member
Posts: 51452
Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 5:31 pm
Has thanked: 24 times
Been thanked: 85 times

Re: World Cup 2022 Forum

Post by God is an Englishman »

thebeautifulgame wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 3:56 pm
Nice One Cyril wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 6:31 am
thebeautifulgame wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 11:50 pm
Nice One Cyril wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 7:24 pm
thebeautifulgame wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 3:46 pmIf Robertson had not lifted his foot and it remained planted his ankle would have been snapped.
Thank you Nostradamus :lol:

Absolute bollocks though, there were tackles worse than that in pretty much every game years ago and there weren't snapped ankles in every game. You should get a gig for one of the comics that pass themselves off as newspapers, making up sensationalist headlines.
Jesus- I think I have hit a nerve! Is it because I have been picking on big Harry or perhaps backing Southgate?
Either way I stick by my opinions as we are all entitled to have our say- disagreeing used to be called a healthy debate.
Now it seems people love to put others down on a forum with cheap sarcasm.
Forgive me for speaking my mind. :roll:
:lol: Nothing to forgive, but your comment was all ifs, buts and maybes, I simply called it for what it was. Is it because Robbo is a Scot?
I assure you it has absolutely nothing to do with Robertson being a Scot- believe me I am harder on 'one of my own'.
If the roles had been reversed I would have been calling for Robertson to be sent off- unless it was a Scotland v England game! :lol:
I actually like big Harry as a player and he comes over as a good guy- but maybe I am reading too many comic newspapers. Then again it wouldn't be 'The Sun'- boycotted that rag many years ago.
Boycotting the sun - link to liverpool?

You're scottish, he's scottish.


The defence rests.
Image

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
Posts: 19346
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:55 am
Been thanked: 111 times

Re: World Cup 2022 Forum

Post by Nice One Cyril »

God is an Englishman wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 2:28 pm
Nice One Cyril wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 12:12 pm
N5 1BH wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 10:06 am Who the shiraz is Salt Bae
Arteta just signed to replace Jesus
I am not celebrating artera's birthday on sunday.
Nor anyone else's. Late December is the pagan festival of the Winter Solstice.
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player
Posts: 3444
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:17 pm
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 68 times

Re: World Cup 2022 Forum

Post by N5 1BH »

Summer solstice if you're a convict

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player
Posts: 4252
Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:34 pm
Has thanked: 270 times
Been thanked: 80 times

Re: World Cup 2022 Forum

Post by eagleboy »

The no beer policy helped England's reputation at the WC as the hooligans didn't show. :clap:

Is this the first WC where they haven't caused trouble. ;-)

User avatar
God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member
Posts: 51452
Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 5:31 pm
Has thanked: 24 times
Been thanked: 85 times

Re: World Cup 2022 Forum

Post by God is an Englishman »

eagleboy wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 7:47 pm The no beer policy helped England's reputation at the WC as the hooligans didn't show. :clap:

Is this the first WC where they haven't caused trouble. ;-)

We didn't cause trouble at the last world cup or the one before that. I'd say "82 was the last world cup where we did.
Image

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player
Posts: 4252
Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:34 pm
Has thanked: 270 times
Been thanked: 80 times

Re: World Cup 2022 Forum

Post by eagleboy »

God is an Englishman wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 6:36 am
eagleboy wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 7:47 pm The no beer policy helped England's reputation at the WC as the hooligans didn't show. :clap:

Is this the first WC where they haven't caused trouble. ;-)

We didn't cause trouble at the last world cup or the one before that. I'd say "82 was the last world cup where we did.
They were reasonably subdued in Russia in 2018. Made up for it in Euros in 2020. A Russian gulag may not have appealed to some.
Euro 2020 final: England hooligans shame nation
https://youtu.be/PFFFa9M4T80
https://youtu.be/pNHkuwma7b4

User avatar
God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member
Posts: 51452
Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 5:31 pm
Has thanked: 24 times
Been thanked: 85 times

Re: World Cup 2022 Forum

Post by God is an Englishman »

eagleboy wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 11:41 am
God is an Englishman wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 6:36 am
eagleboy wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 7:47 pm The no beer policy helped England's reputation at the WC as the hooligans didn't show. :clap:

Is this the first WC where they haven't caused trouble. ;-)

We didn't cause trouble at the last world cup or the one before that. I'd say "82 was the last world cup where we did.
They were reasonably subdued in Russia in 2018. Made up for it in Euros in 2020. A Russian gulag may not have appealed to some.
Euro 2020 final: England hooligans shame nation
https://youtu.be/PFFFa9M4T80
https://youtu.be/pNHkuwma7b4
Euro's, not world cup.
Image

Marinos
Promising Junior
Promising Junior
Posts: 360
Joined: Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:44 pm
Been thanked: 9 times

Re: World Cup 2022 Forum

Post by Marinos »

God is an Englishman wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 12:22 pm
eagleboy wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 11:41 am
God is an Englishman wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 6:36 am
eagleboy wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 7:47 pm The no beer policy helped England's reputation at the WC as the hooligans didn't show. :clap:

Is this the first WC where they haven't caused trouble. ;-)

We didn't cause trouble at the last world cup or the one before that. I'd say "82 was the last world cup where we did.
They were reasonably subdued in Russia in 2018. Made up for it in Euros in 2020. A Russian gulag may not have appealed to some.
Euro 2020 final: England hooligans shame nation
https://youtu.be/PFFFa9M4T80
https://youtu.be/pNHkuwma7b4
Euro's, not world cup.
Yes, shame Euro 2020 and Euro 2016 don't count as example of English hooligan behaviour at recent international football tournaments. Apples and oranges innit.

User avatar
God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member
Posts: 51452
Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 5:31 pm
Has thanked: 24 times
Been thanked: 85 times

Re: World Cup 2022 Forum

Post by God is an Englishman »

Marinos wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 7:13 pm
God is an Englishman wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 12:22 pm
eagleboy wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 11:41 am
God is an Englishman wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 6:36 am
eagleboy wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 7:47 pm The no beer policy helped England's reputation at the WC as the hooligans didn't show. :clap:

Is this the first WC where they haven't caused trouble. ;-)

We didn't cause trouble at the last world cup or the one before that. I'd say "82 was the last world cup where we did.
They were reasonably subdued in Russia in 2018. Made up for it in Euros in 2020. A Russian gulag may not have appealed to some.
Euro 2020 final: England hooligans shame nation
https://youtu.be/PFFFa9M4T80
https://youtu.be/pNHkuwma7b4
Euro's, not world cup.
Yes, shame Euro 2020 and Euro 2016 don't count as example of English hooligan behaviour at recent international football tournaments. Apples and oranges innit.
2016 - England didn't cause any trouble.

You can whinge all you like but are world cups and euros the same thing?
Image

Marinos
Promising Junior
Promising Junior
Posts: 360
Joined: Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:44 pm
Been thanked: 9 times

Re: World Cup 2022 Forum

Post by Marinos »

God is an Englishman wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 8:07 pm
2016 - England didn't cause any trouble.

You can whinge all you like but are world cups and euros the same thing?
Yes they are, they're international tournaments. I'm not sure what description you give them.

Two English fans were given 3 month prison sentences and 2 years bans in France. UEFA subsequently threatened England with disqualification from the tournament if fan violence continuted.

The British Shadow Home Secretary condemned the violence, claiming most had been "let down by a minority". In a press conference before their match against Wales, England manager Roy Hodgson and captain Wayne Rooney made a request to fans to "stay out of trouble", reiterating the Football Association's official stance.

I guess that's a fairly light touch.

User avatar
GaylyColouredStumps
Team Manager
Team Manager
Posts: 9165
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:14 pm
Has thanked: 15 times
Been thanked: 27 times

Re: World Cup 2022 Forum

Post by GaylyColouredStumps »

Arena Oaxaca wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 11:46 am
Victor Meldrew wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 11:30 am
God is an Englishman wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 9:15 am
thebeautifulgame wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 9:50 pm
God is an Englishman wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 2:53 pm
I assume he got away with that, should have been a booking.
A booking? Look at it again- how anybody can say big Harry deserves to stay on the park after a tackle like that is beyond me? It ticks all the boxes for a serious foul play offence. I would be interested to know why you think a yellow card only?

Studs were down which saves him for me.

Clumsy - yes, mistimed - yes, a strikers tackle -yes.


That's a booking. It's not netball.
stamping = red card? studs down can be a red.

A striker's tackle? Where in the laws of the game does it differentiate?
It’s an actual condition

Athletes foot
Tennis elbow
Strikers tackle

:lol:

Your husband talks shît
This came across my timeline and can’t believe it got a red, boogers with a strikers tackle should surely have got just a booking

https://twitter.com/dirtyfootbaiier/sta ... rz8yNzzmKA
These users thanked the author Sunny Vanilla for the post:
Old Master, johndedes, theorakle, ozzie owl, suzie, thewabster, Za Dom Spremni

User avatar
God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member
Posts: 51452
Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 5:31 pm
Has thanked: 24 times
Been thanked: 85 times

Re: World Cup 2022 Forum

Post by God is an Englishman »

Arena Oaxaca wrote: Sun Dec 25, 2022 12:03 am
Arena Oaxaca wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 11:46 am
Victor Meldrew wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 11:30 am
God is an Englishman wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 9:15 am
thebeautifulgame wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 9:50 pm
God is an Englishman wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 2:53 pm

I assume he got away with that, should have been a booking.
A booking? Look at it again- how anybody can say big Harry deserves to stay on the park after a tackle like that is beyond me? It ticks all the boxes for a serious foul play offence. I would be interested to know why you think a yellow card only?

Studs were down which saves him for me.

Clumsy - yes, mistimed - yes, a strikers tackle -yes.


That's a booking. It's not netball.
stamping = red card? studs down can be a red.

A striker's tackle? Where in the laws of the game does it differentiate?
It’s an actual condition

Athletes foot
Tennis elbow
Strikers tackle

:lol:

Your husband talks shît
This came across my timeline and can’t believe it got a red, boogers with a strikers tackle should surely have got just a booking

https://twitter.com/dirtyfootbaiier/sta ... rz8yNzzmKA
To use an aussie phrase, you're comparing apples with oranges.
Image

zzz
Star Player
Star Player
Posts: 2406
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:30 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 12 times

Re: World Cup 2022 Forum

Post by zzz »

God is an Englishman wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 12:12 pm
Arena Oaxaca wrote: Sun Dec 25, 2022 12:03 am
Arena Oaxaca wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 11:46 am
Victor Meldrew wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 11:30 am
God is an Englishman wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 9:15 am
thebeautifulgame wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 9:50 pm

A booking? Look at it again- how anybody can say big Harry deserves to stay on the park after a tackle like that is beyond me? It ticks all the boxes for a serious foul play offence. I would be interested to know why you think a yellow card only?

Studs were down which saves him for me.

Clumsy - yes, mistimed - yes, a strikers tackle -yes.


That's a booking. It's not netball.
stamping = red card? studs down can be a red.

A striker's tackle? Where in the laws of the game does it differentiate?
It’s an actual condition

Athletes foot
Tennis elbow
Strikers tackle

:lol:

Your husband talks shît
This came across my timeline and can’t believe it got a red, boogers with a strikers tackle should surely have got just a booking

https://twitter.com/dirtyfootbaiier/sta ... rz8yNzzmKA
To use an aussie phrase, you're comparing apples with oranges.
not Aussie. Aussies never invent anything that catches on.

thebeautifulgame
Squad Player
Squad Player
Posts: 1400
Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:09 am
Has thanked: 26 times
Been thanked: 56 times

Re: World Cup 2022 Forum

Post by thebeautifulgame »

zzz wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 2:23 pm
God is an Englishman wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 12:12 pm
Arena Oaxaca wrote: Sun Dec 25, 2022 12:03 am
Arena Oaxaca wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 11:46 am
Victor Meldrew wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 11:30 am
God is an Englishman wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 9:15 am


Studs were down which saves him for me.

Clumsy - yes, mistimed - yes, a strikers tackle -yes.


That's a booking. It's not netball.
stamping = red card? studs down can be a red.

A striker's tackle? Where in the laws of the game does it differentiate?
It’s an actual condition

Athletes foot
Tennis elbow
Strikers tackle

:lol:

Your husband talks shît
This came across my timeline and can’t believe it got a red, boogers with a strikers tackle should surely have got just a booking

https://twitter.com/dirtyfootbaiier/sta ... rz8yNzzmKA
To use an aussie phrase, you're comparing apples with oranges.
not Aussie. Aussies never invent anything that catches on.
Not really- he is comparing apples with apples- only difference is one is a basket full and the other is half full. Both tackles are serious foul play offences, just one is more serious than the other. So both apples are of the red variety regardless. :roll:

User avatar
GaylyColouredStumps
Team Manager
Team Manager
Posts: 9165
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:14 pm
Has thanked: 15 times
Been thanked: 27 times

Re: World Cup 2022 Forum

Post by GaylyColouredStumps »

thebeautifulgame wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 2:51 pm
zzz wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 2:23 pm
God is an Englishman wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 12:12 pm
Arena Oaxaca wrote: Sun Dec 25, 2022 12:03 am
Arena Oaxaca wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 11:46 am
Victor Meldrew wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 11:30 am

stamping = red card? studs down can be a red.

A striker's tackle? Where in the laws of the game does it differentiate?
It’s an actual condition

Athletes foot
Tennis elbow
Strikers tackle

:lol:

Your husband talks shît
This came across my timeline and can’t believe it got a red, boogers with a strikers tackle should surely have got just a booking

https://twitter.com/dirtyfootbaiier/sta ... rz8yNzzmKA
To use an aussie phrase, you're comparing apples with oranges.
not Aussie. Aussies never invent anything that catches on.
Not really- he is comparing apples with apples- only difference is one is a basket full and the other is half full. Both tackles are serious foul play offences, just one is more serious than the other. So both apples are of the red variety regardless. :roll:
Strikers tackle :lol:
These users thanked the author Sunny Vanilla for the post:
Old Master, johndedes, theorakle, ozzie owl, suzie, thewabster, Za Dom Spremni

User avatar
God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member
Posts: 51452
Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 5:31 pm
Has thanked: 24 times
Been thanked: 85 times

Re: World Cup 2022 Forum

Post by God is an Englishman »

Arena Oaxaca wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 4:10 pm
thebeautifulgame wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 2:51 pm
zzz wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 2:23 pm
God is an Englishman wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 12:12 pm
Arena Oaxaca wrote: Sun Dec 25, 2022 12:03 am
Arena Oaxaca wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 11:46 am

It’s an actual condition

Athletes foot
Tennis elbow
Strikers tackle

:lol:

Your husband talks shît
This came across my timeline and can’t believe it got a red, boogers with a strikers tackle should surely have got just a booking

https://twitter.com/dirtyfootbaiier/sta ... rz8yNzzmKA
To use an aussie phrase, you're comparing apples with oranges.
not Aussie. Aussies never invent anything that catches on.
Not really- he is comparing apples with apples- only difference is one is a basket full and the other is half full. Both tackles are serious foul play offences, just one is more serious than the other. So both apples are of the red variety regardless. :roll:
Strikers tackle :lol:
You've never heard of this well known football phrase before?
Image

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager
Posts: 8835
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:43 pm
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 87 times

Re: World Cup 2022 Forum

Post by MegaBonus »

cant be 'well known' if many havent heard it......
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

User avatar
God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member
Posts: 51452
Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 5:31 pm
Has thanked: 24 times
Been thanked: 85 times

Re: World Cup 2022 Forum

Post by God is an Englishman »

MegaBonus wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 6:14 pm cant be 'well known' if many havent heard it......
I just did a google search and got a number of hits on the phrase. Maybe you just don't know football very well.
Image

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager
Posts: 8835
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:43 pm
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 87 times

Re: World Cup 2022 Forum

Post by MegaBonus »

im pretty certain that there are countless obscure phrases on the net.......doesn't mean they're well known....c'mon, youre slipping.....some might even make fun of you as a result.....
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
Posts: 19346
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:55 am
Been thanked: 111 times

Re: World Cup 2022 Forum

Post by Nice One Cyril »

MegaBonus wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:25 pm im pretty certain that there are countless obscure phrases on the net.......doesn't mean they're well known....c'mon, youre slipping.....some might even make fun of you as a result.....
I've definitely both heard it and used it here and in the UK, but perhaps Greek strikers don't make tackles?
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

Post Reply