SAASL

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Re: SAASL

Post by MegaBonus »

I'd say every current club gets a point for every year they have been in the league, divide the total number and each team gets their share based on those points.
what if club A has only ever had 2 teams but club B had 5 teams thus contributing more to the SAASL coffers???
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

brushmancity
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by brushmancity »

Also on that point What about the clubs that formed the amateur league in the 60’s that have disbanded? I know the Downs had 2 teams early 70’s then + under18s in 74 & 75. 76 3 teams,77 4 teams then today 5 teams. So you can’t go on team basis it would have to be per club, otherwise it would probably become too messy to work out figuratively. Just my opinion.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

MegaBonus wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 7:16 pm
I'd say every current club gets a point for every year they have been in the league, divide the total number and each team gets their share based on those points.
what if club A has only ever had 2 teams but club B had 5 teams thus contributing more to the SAASL coffers???
You could give them a point per side then.

17N
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by 17N »

English wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 3:28 pm
C U Next Saturday wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:27 am
English wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 7:56 am
God is an Englishman wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 7:00 pm
English wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 11:45 am Without knowing figures, as someone who has been involved with SAASL for years, I’d be happy to take the financial hit and get away from the absolute shambles that is the organisation.

U'd say the opposite. I'd consider what involvement I have in the game if it's being completely run by the FFSA.

W Carter leaving has helped my confidence in them but her underlings are still there. I wouldn't trust them to run a meat raffle at the local pub.
Having only spent one year outside of SAASL, where the cabernet show was probably equally shared between Modbury Vista and FSA. The people running SAASL don’t deserve to be in charge of an entire competition, less so in charge of the reported million plus dollar bank account.
Sean W for a person what complains about the SAASL on a regular basis , when are you joining the SAASL committee...
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=88607&p=1591392#p1591392

Funnily enough it was you that told me to get hold of a constitution that people can’t find a copy of…
You can get one from the OCBA.
I am the Angel of Death the time of purification is upon us

17N
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by 17N »

sturt1 wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 3:50 pm Rumour has it that SAASL is about to make a change to its constitution to allow it to be absorbed into the Collegiate league. At the moment if SAASL dissolve itself, all assets have to be distributed to member clubs which they are reluctant to do. Has anyone heard any rumblings.
Have you read the proposed constitution?

gameon
In Memory of Dylan Tombides

Post by gameon »

17N wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 10:19 pm
sturt1 wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 3:50 pm Rumour has it that SAASL is about to make a change to its constitution to allow it to be absorbed into the Collegiate league. At the moment if SAASL dissolve itself, all assets have to be distributed to member clubs which they are reluctant to do. Has anyone heard any rumblings.
Yes

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

At the moment the SAASL shall not dissolved unless 3/5th of member clubs vote for it
Proposed constitution will increase to 3/4 of member clubs

17N
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by 17N »

sturt1 wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 9:30 am
Yes
Ok, so you lack basic comprehension.

gameon

Post by gameon »

17N wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 1:58 pm
sturt1 wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 9:30 am
Yes
Ok, so you lack basic comprehension.
No

nathanburns15
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by nathanburns15 »

I had to email SAASL to get a copy of the current constitution

C U Next Saturday
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by C U Next Saturday »

nathanburns15 wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 12:38 pm I had to email SAASL to get a copy of the current constitution
guess that saved you walking to get it

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

Seems to me that the proposed constitution actually makes it harder for the league to be dissolved.

Am I missing something?

17N
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by 17N »

God is an Englishman wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 1:02 pm Seems to me that the proposed constitution actually makes it harder for the league to be dissolved.

Am I missing something?
No. You are right, the proposed constitution makes it harder to dissolve the SAASL.

There is no secret mandate from FSA to dissolve the league, which currently would need 3/5 of clubs to vote for it. The SAASL can't unilaterally decide to dissolve itself.

Re the distribution of funds if the SAASL was to be wound up, I'm told there is a legal requirement not to distribute the funds to member but I have not checked this yet.

English
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by English »

17N wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 10:41 pm
God is an Englishman wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 1:02 pm Seems to me that the proposed constitution actually makes it harder for the league to be dissolved.

Am I missing something?
No. You are right, the proposed constitution makes it harder to dissolve the SAASL.

There is no secret mandate from FSA to dissolve the league, which currently would need 3/5 of clubs to vote for it. The SAASL can't unilaterally decide to dissolve itself.

Re the distribution of funds if the SAASL was to be wound up, I'm told there is a legal requirement not to distribute the funds to member but I have not checked this yet.
So if the league winds up and there isn’t a legal requirement to distribute the funds, who gets said funds?

lethal14
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by lethal14 »

The surplus assets of an incorporated association may, with the consent of the (Corporate Affairs) Commission, be distributed among the members of the association if each of the members of the association is also an incorporated association that has identical or similar aims and objects

blue moon
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by blue moon »

what the background to this, who wants to dissolve the SAASL and why?

gameon

Post by gameon »

Am I missing something?

You're right there is no secret mandate from FSA to dissolve the league. It is a well known future plan that has been openly discussed by the FSA and SAASL and yes they would need 3/5 clubs to support it. That is why the FSA suggested SAASL distribute the assets (which they can legally do under their constitution) to the member clubs as a sweetener, I suspect. It's time SAASL came clean on their agenda before the next meeting in December.