WNPL and State sports Park

This forum is for the discussion of women's football, the fastest growing participation sport in Australia. This includes local women's football and the A-League Women.

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, Forum Admins

Rightside
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: WNPL and State sports Park

Post by Rightside »

BAGGIO 15 wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 3:08 pm I see it differently.
Being at different venues has allowed some clubs to start hosting post match meals with the teams they've played.
I feel this social interaction has been far better the simply seeing people walk past pre/post game.

Clubs can build their culture, engage sponsors, but in its simplest form, our team get more time to get to get to know each other off the track. As does our opponent, as well as teams get to mingle.
Coaches often sit together and talk which brings the league together.
Have only witnessed this away at Adelaide City, no other club hosted away team for a meal.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

Each team should be allowed a home advantage if they choose to have one.

The ability to charge should be irrelvant.

SAD GAL
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by SAD GAL »

Thank you

We've been sold a pup and SP will be another soul less staidum
Rightside wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 9:14 pm Well said SAD GAL :clap:

Raich Carter
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Raich Carter »

SAD GAL wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 7:52 am Thank you

Still haven't answered a question I asked. Have you been to any games at the new SP?
When I am king, you will be first against the wall
With your opinion which is of no consequence at all

BAGGIO 15
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by BAGGIO 15 »

Rightside wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 9:21 pm
BAGGIO 15 wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 3:08 pm I see it differently.
Being at different venues has allowed some clubs to start hosting post match meals with the teams they've played.
I feel this social interaction has been far better the simply seeing people walk past pre/post game.

Clubs can build their culture, engage sponsors, but in its simplest form, our team get more time to get to get to know each other off the track. As does our opponent, as well as teams get to mingle.
Coaches often sit together and talk which brings the league together.
Have only witnessed this away at Adelaide City, no other club hosted away team for a meal.
I know Uni has

SAD GAL
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by SAD GAL »

If this question is directed to me. then I can say 2 or 3 at SP.

There is nothing that will convince me that the de-centralisation is beneficial to the WNPL. Contrary, the decision has an adverse impact.
Raich Carter wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 8:37 am
SAD GAL wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 7:52 am Thank you

Still haven't answered a question I asked. Have you been to any games at the new SP?

adam
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by adam »

i enjoy going to the different venues... actual club football.

i would assume it also benefits clubs in getting approvals for development funding, which is invaluable for the ongoing growth of the game.

i think the mix has worked well.

too be at Jack Smith Park to see WTB survive was a much better "experience" than if the game was at ServiceFM Stadium.

juniorsupporter
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by juniorsupporter »

adam wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 9:31 am i enjoy going to the different venues... actual club football.

i would assume it also benefits clubs in getting approvals for development funding, which is invaluable for the ongoing growth of the game.

i think the mix has worked well.

too be at Jack Smith Park to see WTB survive was a much better "experience" than if the game was at ServiceFM Stadium.

I agree- I think the new stadium is a bit soulless...

SAD GAL
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by SAD GAL »

Well the minor round has now ended. All the very best to those teams in the finals.
Sad to see that Modbury are to be relegated (I might be wrong), however, Birks (because of their sensational win) survive. I believe that they are going to play off for the right to remain in the wnpl.

Anyway back to the old chestnut of state park v pre-state park. I went to see a few games and the theme was consistent. No one I spoke to enjoyed the state park experience Too far. Lighting. too big and that the parks offered a closer and more intimate experience. There was no connection with other teams and their followers at SP. The community that was built over the years at west beach and of late the parks has been destroyed.

adam
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by adam »

ServiceFM Stadium is quality. Much better lighting and excellent for multi games, when on the 2 artificial pitches.

Fantasic venue.

All i was saying is I like that the clubs have options now, with playing at their own venues.

SAD GAL
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by SAD GAL »

Might be your vie which I will not dispute.

I am certain that clubs will be "encouraged" to make use of their home grounds in lieu of ServiceFM stadium. Is the natural pitch.

Not a better venue for two concurrent games. Teams playing the far pitch cross over the first pitch to get there. Then there's the decline/incline to get to it.

Survey the people who go there and garner their views.

juniorsupporter
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by juniorsupporter »

According to the table, Fulham plays off against 2nd place State League team- Birks ended up 8th and so automatically stay up...Modbury sadly relegated- I feel of the three teams Modbury played the best all season and gave many better teams a run for their money. But that's football I guess.

SAD GAL
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by SAD GAL »

WOW. My apologies for not seeing that Fulham dropped. Play off again for them second year in a row,

I feel for Modbury as I think they played some really good games. Good honest team.
juniorsupporter wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 12:47 pm According to the table, Fulham plays off against 2nd place State League team- Birks ended up 8th and so automatically stay up...Modbury sadly relegated- I feel of the three teams Modbury played the best all season and gave many better teams a run for their money. But that's football I guess.

BAGGIO 15
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by BAGGIO 15 »

SAD GAL wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 12:43 pm Might be your vie which I will not dispute.

I am certain that clubs will be "encouraged" to make use of their home grounds in lieu of ServiceFM stadium. Is the natural pitch.

Not a better venue for two concurrent games. Teams playing the far pitch cross over the first pitch to get there. Then there's the decline/incline to get to it.

Survey the people who go there and garner their views.
Sadly State Parks pitch 2 and 3 offers no seating and or cover from the elements due to the lack of grandstands that Valo and West Beach offered.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

Don't NPL games have to have a "players race"?

Bow do they play 2 games at the same time at Valo?

united92
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by united92 »

SAD GAL wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 2:52 pm Been to TK Shutter – Gates locked and pay $10

Been to Jack Smith Park (Birks) two times – gates open no charge. Only bought a coffee. Gate takings from when I was there was NIL

Access to Apex and West beach – paid $10 when double header

Adelaide City Park – no cost entry – Gate takings nil

So it appears that the premise of gate takings to supplement/support the wnpl team payments seems to be diluted somewhat.

The State Park set up has been one huge hoodwink. To me. As a supporter. I expected it to be a bigger venue (it is) with improved facilities (some). Big night of Friday night footy.

Since the move to wards playing away from the New venue I have not been to a game at all in the last 4 weeks. The scheduling has been clear however, the days/times means that I have conflicting commitments. Friday nights were beginning to be imbedded into our winter scheduling. So what happens? It gets changed and the impact is significant.

The last few years we had double headers with the mens team two or three times a season. Agreed. Not the set up now.
WNPL is a stand-alone comp and most (if not all the games) should be at the one venue. No one will convince me that this is a cost related decision. FSA will state that it costs $x to put on a wnpl game and it cannot be sustained.

On another note, the canteen and bar at the Parks was always doing a roaring trade. How’s the one at State Park doing?
I can't believe you're still going on about this. Do you whinge at Adelaide United and the A-Leagues when their matches conflict with your schedule?
Clubs with home grounds that are at the required level to host an NPL level match are well within their right to host their home matches on whatever day and time suits them.
They're not out here to appease your schedule so that you can get to every match and watch.
All you do is complain that games aren't at the Parks anymore. Do you live next door or something?

It was always going to go away from that. Clubs have pushed for it basically ever since it happened. Clubs want to host their own home games.
Deal with it

SAD GAL
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by SAD GAL »

Thank you for your response. Judging by your passionate response, you have a significant and vested interest in the state park project. Its become Hindmarsh stadium mark II. Open for use but not for everyone. Preservation of the main pitch. The cost to open etc are the catchphrases used.

The discontent is still out there.

Raich Carter
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Raich Carter »

SAD GAL wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 9:26 am Thank you for your response. Judging by your passionate response, you have a significant and vested interest in the state park project. Its become Hindmarsh stadium mark II. Open for use but not for everyone. Preservation of the main pitch. The cost to open etc are the catchphrases used.

The discontent is still out there.
As opposed to your bleating about not having the same people attend the parks every Friday so can pick up some more scurrilous rumours to decry someone. Heaven forbid that we have clubs take advantage of playing on their home ground and enticing local people to come and watch and try and grow support.

Your lack self awareness is still out there.....
When I am king, you will be first against the wall
With your opinion which is of no consequence at all

SAD GAL
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by SAD GAL »

Thank you for your eloquence. Somewhat misguided and off the mark. You have done what many on this forum do, attack the contributor with little IF ANY relevance to the topic.

I’ll use this opportunity to do what I do not like doing. Vilifying people.

I have not directed my comments to any one person. Rather the decisions and my views. You and a couple of others found it very easy to take on the man and not the ball. Usual track record of yours. A very distinct lack of critical thinking. Glaringly obvious.

Too infer that the Parks is a place to spread rumours is damn right disrespectful to the majority of people who attend. Again attack the man not the ball. Very easy targets that are unfounded in your off beat summation.

As far as clubs taking advantage of the wnpl playing at home? I’ll make a very generalist comment like yours and I will say that clubs that have a women’s/girl’s set up do not care one bit about whether or not they are there. Some align themselves so that they meet funding submissions to upgrade facilities. Some club committees vehemently objected to the wnpl players receiving some sort of a cash remuneration. And when it was approved, many committee members objected quite openly. When payments were approved the players were made to feel like that they should be so overwhelmed.

The FSA and its clubs should take a leaf out of the AFL where in such a short time, have captured the young girls market and sold them a career that is achievable and they will be an inclusive part of the league and their clubs. The CEO of the AFL has put on the agenda before he leaves the job to bring equity to the AFL-W. When was the last time the FFA and FSA have announced this? Crickets.

So in summary, think about a reply to my posts and offer something that encapsulates intellect beyond slinging mud.