WNPL - Round 5

This forum is for the discussion of women's football, the fastest growing participation sport in Australia. This includes local women's football and the A-League Women.

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, Forum Admins

united92
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

WNPL - Round 5

Post by united92 »

Due to Adelaide United's home Semi Final against Melbourne City at Hindmarsh on Friday night, all games have been moved to Burton Park Football Centre on Wednesday night.

Match of the round is an early kickoff this week.

Metro United vs West Adelaide - 6.15pm ko
Sturt Marion vs Para Hills Knights - 6.15pm ko
Adelaide City vs Cumberland - 8.00pm ko
Fulham United vs Adelaide Uni - 8.00pm ko

I'll go with a 1 goal win to Metro over WA, maybe 2-1 or 3-2.
Either Sturt or PHK will grab their first points of the season. I'm going PHK 3-1
City 2-0 over Cumby
Uni to get over Fulham 2-1

SAD GAL
Squad Player
Squad Player

Re: WNPL - Round 5

Post by SAD GAL »

Metro United vs West Adelaide - Metro 5-1
Sturt Marion vs Para Hills Knights - 1.1 draw
Adelaide City vs Cumberland - 8.00pm ko City 2-0
Fulham United vs Adelaide Uni - 8.00pm ko Fulham 4-1

Rightside
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Rightside »

Metro United vs West Adelaide - 2-2 draw
Sturt Marion vs Para Hills Knights - 0-1
Adelaide City vs Cumberland - 3-1
Fulham United vs Adelaide Uni - 2-2 draw

Journeyman
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Journeyman »

Metro United vs West Adelaide : West will want to show that theyre title contenders, but Metro to be too strong
Sturt Marion vs Para Hills Knights : Goalless draw between two sides desperate to open their accounts
Adelaide City vs Cumberland : Cumberland pushed Metro last week and are improving, but City have the edge in class
Fulham United vs Adelaide Uni : Plenty of goals in this one. Fulham by a single goal though

AWA
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by AWA »

Metro United 5 vs West Adelaide 1 Metro too fast up front with a great defence & GK
Sturt Marion 2 vs Para Hills Knights 1 hard to pick a winner but Sturt have a couple of strikers and PHK not scoring many
Adelaide City 1 vs Cumberland 2 upset. City to dominate but Cumby to get points
Fulham United 2 vs Adelaide Uni 2 hard one -draw

United We Stand
Star Player
Star Player

Post by United We Stand »

AWA wrote:Metro United 5 vs West Adelaide 1 Metro too fast up front with a great defence & GK
Sturt Marion 2 vs Para Hills Knights 1 hard to pick a winner but Sturt have a couple of strikers and PHK not scoring many

Cumby to cause an "upset" and "get the points?" I watched the game tonight and I must say that the 4-0 win to City flattered Cumberland. That was one of the most one-sided games that I have ever seen. Cumberland did not have one shot on target and struggled to get out of their own half at times. City wasted a number of chances and didn't get out of first gear really. Was that prediction a joke or were you encouraged by Cumberland's display against Metro? Your predictions are normally spot on so I expected to see a real contest. Cheers.

AWA
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by AWA »

United We Stand wrote:
AWA wrote:Metro United 5 vs West Adelaide 1 Metro too fast up front with a great defence & GK

Cumby to cause an "upset" and "get the points?" I watched the game tonight and I must say that the 4-0 win to City flattered Cumberland. That was one of the most one-sided games that I have ever seen. Cumberland did not have one shot on target and struggled to get out of their own half at times. City wasted a number of chances and didn't get out of first gear really. Was that prediction a joke or were you encouraged by Cumberland's display against Metro? Your predictions are normally spot on so I expected to see a real contest. Cheers.
Didn't get to games, Burton too far mid week
Sounds like I had partly right "city to dominate"
Just a guess based on recent performances.

juniorsupporter
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by juniorsupporter »

- lets call it a draw this week- no clear BOG amongst the tippers.