How Amatuer is the league?

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

Karmann Ghia
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

How Amatuer is the league?

Post by Karmann Ghia »

The make up of Sunday Div 1 in 2014, which is arguably the pinicle of the whole SAASL, has its make up in doubt with a relegation battle between 3 clubs, West Beach, Pontian and Fulham. Two out of those three will go down. With the game scheduled two weeks ago between Beach and Fulham cancelled, the result of that game could decided who has the privilege of playing div 1, the league has still yet to set a date of when this game is to be played. Why is this so?

Why has this not been rescheduled for a midweek game? Underlights At Fulham or even Grange? There is no league that I know of that would play a game of such importance after the final round of the season. Is it the players who say they can't play under lights so no night games or do the players say hey we are a Sunday team and can only play Sundays???

The league has not informed any club of when this is be played. Having been involved in the SAASL for over 10 years this is really disappointing as many people put their heart and soul, time and of course money, to help their respective clubs play at the highest level possible. I have started to realise why so many give the game away, when governing bodies don't make the right call or delay a decision to let it sort it self out so they don't look like the bad guys in making a decision.

Maybe I should of thought about the associations name first and then realised how these issues get treated. Amateurish!

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Re: How Amatuer is the league?

Post by swannsong »

Amateur not Amatuer...
I would have thought catch up games might have to be organised by 'agreement' between the two clubs involved...then seek SAASL and the Referee co-ordinator's approval :?
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

KG your comments are very poor.... Whilst a game hasnt been arranged to your knowledge or satisfaction . Maybe you should look at your own club and its behavior to officials and others.

Have you bought the issue up with the SAASL or you thought you would air your dirty laundry here.....

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

Karmann Ghia wrote:The make up of Sunday Div 1 in 2014, which is arguably the pinicle of the whole SAASL, has its make up in doubt with a relegation battle between 3 clubs, West Beach, Pontian and Fulham. Two out of those three will go down. With the game scheduled two weeks ago between Beach and Fulham cancelled, the result of that game could decided who has the privilege of playing div 1, the league has still yet to set a date of when this game is to be played. Why is this so?

Why has this not been rescheduled for a midweek game? Underlights At Fulham or even Grange? There is no league that I know of that would play a game of such importance after the final round of the season. Is it the players who say they can't play under lights so no night games or do the players say hey we are a Sunday team and can only play Sundays???

The league has not informed any club of when this is be played. Having been involved in the SAASL for over 10 years this is really disappointing as many people put their heart and soul, time and of course money, to help their respective clubs play at the highest level possible. I have started to realise why so many give the game away, when governing bodies don't make the right call or delay a decision to let it sort it self out so they don't look like the bad guys in making a decision.

Maybe I should of thought about the associations name first and then realised how these issues get treated. Amateurish!
Bit harsh on the league there. It is normally up to the clubs to reorganise the game and if they can't agree, the SAASL will decide. Probably should be on this weekend given its a cup round. Just earn some points and then the result wont matter for Pontians.

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

West beach still in the cup

Should your name be jayrunning ;-)

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

bloodypassit wrote:West beach still in the cup

Should your name be jayrunning ;-)
There you go. Fair reason why it hasn't been played so far

Karmann Ghia
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Karmann Ghia »

boys just my opinion, can't call it dirty laundry!

Calls have been made to the league and to Alex with no answers or return phone calls. With only 3 weeks to go and no spare Sundays when will the game be played???

As for your comment bloodypassit happy for you to start a thread to discuss the Pontians. This was about a lacklustre governing body.

People have been complaining for years how late fixtures come out and cup games drawn etc etc, yeah I know there volunteers but can't be that hard to say teams you must play on this day to make the league fair and equitable.

Bodø's Publicist
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Bodø's Publicist »

swannsong wrote:Amateur not Amatuer...
I would have thought catch up games might have to be organised by 'agreement' between the two clubs involved...then seek SAASL and the Referee co-ordinator's approval :?
I remember a few years back when Bosna and Croatia were in a relegation tussle with Vista the SAASL told Bosna and Croatia they had to play their catchup game on a specific wednesday night before the end of the season.
R.I.P
Stuff And Stuff About Stuff

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

I know of many leagues where the last games are not all played together on the same day.

Not so special one
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Not so special one »

All catch up league games should be played on cup rounds if the teams are not involved in the cup. It should be a rule at the start of the season with no excuses. SAASL should schedule the games on cup rounds & if a club can't play then they should forfeit. If everyone knows this then the end of season advantage of playing when you know what result is required is not an option. The old story of all our players are away because it's a cup round should not count for a postponement.

Thunder Man
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Thunder Man »

Let's not assume the two teams in question haven't discussed the options.
Sturt and BOSA are in the same boat.
We haven't declared a date as yet but league are aware and both clubs are on the same page.

I will agree that league communications can be extremely poor.
Although perhaps there is nothing to declare yet.

FoundIt
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by FoundIt »

Not so special one wrote:All catch up league games should be played on cup rounds if the teams are not involved in the cup. It should be a rule at the start of the season with no excuses. SAASL should schedule the games on cup rounds & if a club can't play then they should forfeit.
west beach still in the cup which is why it couldnt be played genius.
Im closer than you think

bigpond
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by bigpond »

Karmann Ghia wrote:The make up of Sunday Div 1 in 2014, which is arguably the pinicle of the whole SAASL, has its make up in doubt with a relegation battle between 3 clubs, West Beach, Pontian and Fulham. Two out of those three will go down. With the game scheduled two weeks ago between Beach and Fulham cancelled, the result of that game could decided who has the privilege of playing div 1, the league has still yet to set a date of when this game is to be played. Why is this so?

Game has already been re-scheduled KG to both clubs satisfaction and the leagues and that's all that matters.

Karmann Ghia
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Karmann Ghia »

bigpond wrote:

Game has already been re-scheduled KG to both clubs satisfaction and the leagues and that's all that matters.
Brilliant so when is the game to be played?

bigpond
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by bigpond »

Karmann Ghia wrote:
bigpond wrote:

Ask Alex :wink:

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

Some people need to realise they play amateur football and stop worrying about such petty things.

Karmann Ghia
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Karmann Ghia »

God is an Englishman wrote:Some people need to realise they play amateur football and stop worrying about such petty things.
Exactly it is very amateur.

As for bigpond, nice comment. :roll:

And thats the problem questions have been asked with no answer. Just a farce.

Look without doubt Pontians look likely to be in div 2 next year but this should be out in the open. Like I said its all amateurish isnt it!

beach boy
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by beach boy »

when is the game
west beach would like to know so we can show up

Karmann Ghia
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Karmann Ghia »

beach boy wrote:when is the game
Bigpond???

bigpond
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by bigpond »

Karmann Ghia wrote:
Bigpond???
Ask Alex as it needs to come from the league "officially".

Nothing official until it comes from them.

lefty
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by lefty »

bigpond wrote:
Karmann Ghia wrote:
Bigpond???
Ask Alex as it needs to come from the league "officially".

Nothing official until it comes from them.
Maybe they are trying to schedule it in at Hindmarsh during the semi finals might be a big game to decide who gets relegated.
I eat football, I sleep football, I breathe football. I'm not mad, I'm just passionate....Thierry Henry

yorkey
In Memory of Dylan Tombides
In Memory of Dylan Tombides

Post by yorkey »

Karmann Ghia wrote:
bigpond wrote:
Is there anybody at Fulham with above kindegarten mentality who can advise when this game will be played??

Bigpond is playing the Kindy game of "i know something you dont know" - what a w@nker!!

The home club should consider promoting this game to attract people to it and to potentially increase revenue at the bar and canteen

bigpond
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by bigpond »

yorkey wrote:
Karmann Ghia wrote:
bigpond wrote:
Is there anybody at Fulham with above kindegarten mentality who can advise when this game will be played??

Bigpond is playing the Kindy game of "i know something you dont know" - what a w@nker!!

The home club should consider promoting this game to attract people to it and to potentially increase revenue at the bar and canteen
Get off your high horse mate.

I put in a request for a date as it was our home game after discussing it with the coach.

League has not got back to us yet confirming the date and have heard nothing back from anyone at the league.

So like I said until we hear something back why say a date when they might go and change it and hence why I am saying go ask Alex and the league.

As soon as it is official I will be happy to tell you all.

Mad_Max
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Mad_Max »

yorkey wrote:Is there anybody at Fulham with above kindegarten mentality who can advise when this game will be played??

Sic 'em Rex
Now, if you're lucky, you could hack through your ankle in five minutes.