Seaford vs Ghan (Maywand) Sun 16 Jun

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

The real thing
Apprentice
Apprentice

Seaford vs Ghan (Maywand) Sun 16 Jun

Post by The real thing »

Will this game take place or is it not really worth it?

CelticCrane36
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Seaford vs Ghan (Maywand) Sun 16 Jun

Post by CelticCrane36 »

I think you'll find Ghan are probably more of the old Aguila squad.

The Maiwand team you're thinking of is Adelaide Young Stars in division 3

The real thing
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by The real thing »

No Aguila were Central American with some Africans. No connection to Ghan Utd.

Hatchet Squad
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Hatchet Squad »

Due to the unpredictable nature of this fixture, the club has decided not to go ahead with with fixture. After the ambush from a couple of years ago, player safety now becomes paramount. This is unfortunate but anyone who was involved last time we met would understand this decision. Our club has a duty of care to its players
“Well done lad, but remember, you’re still only half as good as I was” – Dixie Dean to Bob Latchford after his 30th league goal in ’78

Too Much Pain
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Too Much Pain »

It would have been nice to have known sooner.
* Conditions Apply

Hatchet Squad
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Hatchet Squad »

Who are you? If you were a player or involved with the amateurs then you would understand
“Well done lad, but remember, you’re still only half as good as I was” – Dixie Dean to Bob Latchford after his 30th league goal in ’78

PASC
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by PASC »

Hatchet , spewing u guys cant take point of them now, they are not the old maiwand, i think you will find thats young stars.
Ghan were pretty good actually ...
God is an Englishman wrote: As for me being a tosser on this forum, it's not just on the forum. I'm a tosser in real life as well.

CelticCrane36
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by CelticCrane36 »

Seaford have just forfeited for no reason then.....

Can definitely confirm that Maiwand is Adelaide Young Stars, and NOT Ghan. Adelaide Young Stars play in Div 3 and still wear their Maiwand kits.

Bodø's Publicist
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Bodø's Publicist »

Should clubs be holding grudges for something that happened two years ago? If so for how long?
R.I.P
Stuff And Stuff About Stuff

Irishglover
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Irishglover »

I wasn't around the last time but from what I hear of it, it seems like the right decision. I've read on this before that both teams, ghan and young stars, seem to have an affiliation with maiwand so i think the decision has been made, as hatchet said, with everyone's best interest in mind. At the end of the day people's well being is much more important than a game of football.

Bodø's Publicist..you make it sound like a decision that is frivolous and was taken on a whim. I can assure that it was debated greatly and at the end of the day a player spent 5 days in hospital i think was last time, so it's not a case of simply "holding a grudge for something that happened two years ago" as you put it.

PASC, we could have done with the points too mate! We'll just have to put up a better show and try take some from you in 2 weeks. Or at the very least not ship 9 this time!

Bodø's Publicist
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Irishglover wrote:Bodø's Publicist..you make it sound like a decision that is frivolous and was taken on a whim. I can assure that it was debated greatly and at the end of the day a player spent 5 days in hospital i think was last time, so it's not a case of simply "holding a grudge for something that happened two years ago" as you put it.
I didn't say frivolous at all. I'm sure there has been dozens of incidents over the years. How many seasons do you intend on forfeiting games if you meet this team in the future?
R.I.P

Steve#4
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Steve#4 »

Irishglover wrote:I wasn't around the last time but from what I hear of it, it seems like the right decision. I've read on this before that both teams, ghan and young stars, seem to have an affiliation with maiwand so i think the decision has been made, as hatchet said, with everyone's best interest in mind. At the end of the day people's well being is much more important than a game of football.

Bodø's Publicist..you make it sound like a decision that is frivolous and was taken on a whim. I can assure that it was debated greatly and at the end of the day a player spent 5 days in hospital i think was last time, so it's not a case of simply "holding a grudge for something that happened two years ago" as you put it.

PASC, we could have done with the points too mate! We'll just have to put up a better show and try take some from you in 2 weeks. Or at the very least not ship 9 this time!
You guys are the brave ones....the whole league/div needs to stand up to these degenerates....I know if I played in the lower leagues I would take he same stance.

The real thing
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by The real thing »

Ghan Utd also play in strips with Maywand printed on them.

Getting Rusty
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Getting Rusty »

Maywand or Maiwand?
No country who has never qualified for the world cup should be allowed to host it at the expense of one who has.
Sod Japan, sod Qatar, sod Blatter and his cronies!

The real thing
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by The real thing »

A spelling mistake - not so important really

PASC
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by PASC »

The real thing wrote:Ghan Utd also play in strips with Maywand printed on them.
they played us with a full Hazara kit...also 2 players were photographed and reported as not on the sheet/no card/ different name card etc...

i can understand seaford's decision... we have played young stars and ghan this year, luckily we had decent refs both games, they kept them in line which was good. I think the fact that they won helped as well lol :lol:
God is an Englishman wrote: As for me being a tosser on this forum, it's not just on the forum. I'm a tosser in real life as well.

PASC
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by PASC »

ghan also used the hazara finger in the bum trick!!!

Bodø's Publicist
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

The real thing wrote:A spelling mistake - not so important really
Usually a good way to spot an imitation from the real thing. :P
R.I.P

The real thing
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by The real thing »

Not much trouble if you lose.

Irishglover
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Irishglover »

Bodø's Publicist wrote:
Irishglover wrote:Bodø's Publicist..you make it sound like a decision that is frivolous and was taken on a whim. I can assure that it was debated greatly and at the end of the day a player spent 5 days in hospital i think was last time, so it's not a case of simply "holding a grudge for something that happened two years ago" as you put it.
I didn't say frivolous at all. I'm sure there has been dozens of incidents over the years. How many seasons do you intend on forfeiting games if you meet this team in the future?
I honestly any answer that. It was a decision taken by the whole club and I'm sure will be looked at should the situation arise again. Sure we are due to play them in the return fixture towards the end of the season. Reports on their conduct may come into it but even this season if heard of stamping on faces and as PASC said fingers up the bum which has no place on the pitch. Polonia could have reason to have grievance with it as they are tight at the top of the table and we are essentially handing them 3 points but to accept the decision

Knight15
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Knight15 »

Bodø's Publicist wrote:Should clubs be holding grudges for something that happened two years ago? If so for how long?
Seriously one of the stupids posts I've ever read, a grudge, police called, people in hospital, death threats and you make it sound like 2 upset kids. Well done to Seaford, we play for fun no-one should need to put up with that crap. If more teams did this Ghan would be Ghan
Are you Bodo in disguise?

arsenalfan59
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by arsenalfan59 »

Well done to Seaford. There's so many examples where a number of offending clubs that get given second, third and fourth chances continue to operate.
At the very least, the League should have seen this fixture coming and contacted both clubs weeks ago that they will send higher grade officials (with a couple of assistants) and that committee reps from the League would also be in attendance.
Maybe I'm being too idealistic.

PASC
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by PASC »

arsenalfan59 wrote:Well done to Seaford. There's so many examples where a number of offending clubs that get given second, third and fourth chances continue to operate.
At the very least, the League should have seen this fixture coming and contacted both clubs weeks ago that they will send higher grade officials (with a couple of assistants) and that committee reps from the League would also be in attendance.
Maybe I'm being too idealistic.
yeah. but u see we live in a politically correct environment and that would be called discrimination by some.... we not only have 1 trouble making maiwand but 3 dodgy clubs now ... at least 2 of which stick fingers in other blokes bums ..... ban or suspend one of them, they will just move to one of the other clubs..... u have to admitt they have played it pretty smart ...
yes ofcourse we want seaford and the other teams taking points of eachother...
i cant see every club in the saasl refusing to play either one of those 3 clubs, if it was ever going to happen it would have happend after the seaford incident...

THE ORAKLE
Star Player
Star Player

Post by THE ORAKLE »

ok these are the facts whether you like em or not. seaford decided not to play becos our club would end up in a lose/lose situation just like the last time. reason. the league gets govt money for setting up these reffo clubs and the league likes that money. sounds good in principle but does not work in practice. reason. im sure there are moderate muslims around but you dont hear much about them,only the crazys who are into domination rather than intregration and multiculturism they ridicule. if anything had happened had we played them it would have been seen as our fault yet again simply because it would be the easy option to blame seaford. seaford didnt start it we have film evidence to back this up. seaford keeper attacked from behind with a bottle week in hospital guy with fractured jaw and cheekbone etc the vid went on tv afl had a ball and then it all went dead. seaford was banned for the last 3 games. to sum up the club decided it wasnt worth the hassle and the coach, who isnt averse to a little biffo on a personal note by the way, forfeited with the full backing of the clubs committee. as for the return fixture,well a belated apology might be a start. :roll:

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

THE ORAKLE wrote:ok these are the facts whether you like em or not. seaford decided not to play becos our club would end up in a lose/lose situation just like the last time. reason. the league gets govt money for setting up these reffo clubs and the league likes that money. sounds good in principle but does not work in practice. reason. im sure there are moderate muslims around but you dont hear much about them,only the crazys who are into domination rather than intregration and multiculturism they ridicule. if anything had happened had we played them it would have been seen as our fault yet again simply because it would be the easy option to blame seaford. seaford didnt start it we have film evidence to back this up. seaford keeper attacked from behind with a bottle week in hospital guy with fractured jaw and cheekbone etc the vid went on tv afl had a ball and then it all went dead. seaford was banned for the last 3 games. to sum up the club decided it wasnt worth the hassle and the coach, who isnt averse to a little biffo on a personal note by the way, forfeited with the full backing of the clubs committee. as for the return fixture,well a belated apology might be a start. :roll:
Then you're part of the problem then. Have you ever wondered why you never hear about moderate Muslims, even though they would make up the vast majority?
Ignore this signature

THE ORAKLE
Star Player
Star Player

Post by THE ORAKLE »

perhaps if the moderates could rein in their own crazys here in australia the situation might not get to be as bad as it is in the uk,norway, france and holland. incidently news from holland that 6 teenagers plus a father kicked a linesman to death at a GAME FOR GODS SAKE. seaford took the prudent decision in the interests of the club and its players and yes,we know it should not be like this. amatuers play for the love of the game but sadly, as always, the few stuff it up for the many. :(

PASC
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by PASC »

Bomber - unfortunately it feels as though you just cant win with some of these clubs ie. ghan, maiwand...
even if you win on the pitch, u risk getting hurt... or the ref is at risk... some of the people playing for those clubs, their behaviour and attitude is nothing short of a ferral animal at times...
then we have the finger in the bum tactic.... u retaliate in any way and its on for young and old...

Adolf Hītler
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Adolf Hītler »

Why wasn't the decision not to play made at the beginning of the season?
Live a critic, diacritic

Brian the Postman
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Brian the Postman »

Bomber's Ex Boss wrote:Why wasn't the decision not to play made at the beginning of the season?
What's it to you?
It's all in the Delivery!

Steve#4
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Steve#4 »

It's been going on for long enough now, clubs from the Divisions these ferals play in should put it forward as an agenda item at the next SAASL AGM....Make the league act on this disgrace that they allow in their competition.