Socceroos v oman

This forum is for discussion related to the various Australian National Football Teams - the Socceroos, Olyroos, Joes, Matildas and so.

Moderators: Randoman, BillShankly, arxidi, Forum Admins

dudley
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Socceroos v oman

Post by dudley »

next world cup qualifier in sdney is a massive 3 points towards us making brazil and 3 world cups in a row.

what starting line up would you like to see????

i say play a wild card young gun from europe or even the a league to start fast fresh and attacking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: Socceroos v oman

Post by Stuckey »

I would love to see Holger do another camp. Get a large squad together and give everyone a chance to impress.
Really want to see Flakes and Williams pair up at the back.

dudley
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by dudley »

i never wanna see that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cornflakes is rubbish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stuckey »

dudley wrote:i never wanna see that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cornflakes is rubbish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Or Flakes upfront! What a goal scoring record he has!

adelaidebloke
Star Player
Star Player

Post by adelaidebloke »

think we will make brazil 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Red-4-Life
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Red-4-Life »

Socceroos squad vs Oman

Mark Bresciano
Alex Brosque
Tim Cahill
Robbie Cornthwaite
Dino Djulbic
Eugene Galekovic
James Holland
Brett Holman
Mile Jedinak
Robbie Kruse
Ryan McGowan
Matt McKay
Mark Milligan
Jade North
Tommy Oar
Tomas Rogic
Mat Ryan
Mark Schwarzer
Archie Thompson
Michael Thwaite
Luke Wilkshire
Rhys Williams
Michael Zullo

Read more: http://www.foxsports.com.au/football/so ... z2NNS89TWf

Brian the Postman
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Brian the Postman »

With Lowry missing does that mean that the Arab leagues >>>>>>>>>>Millwall?
It's all in the Delivery!

DOC
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by DOC »

i would say locality played a part for a few players
ImageImage

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Con M »

Had the sense to leave out woefully performing Emerton...

ps, what ever happened to Josh 'JC' Kennedy? Did cutting his hair cause him to lose his playing mojo?

adelaidebloke
Star Player
Star Player

Post by adelaidebloke »

lost his devine powers

DOC
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by DOC »

no goals yet for JC
ImageImage

adelaidebloke
Star Player
Star Player

Post by adelaidebloke »

who is going to the game

sephiroth
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by sephiroth »

Con M wrote:Had the sense to leave out woefully performing Emerton...

ps, what ever happened to Josh 'JC' Kennedy? Did cutting his hair cause him to lose his playing mojo?
it was either long term groin or knee injury. should be back in June qualifiers.

not sure why lowry wasnt given a run.

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Con M »

I wonder how many FFSA clubs and SAASL clubs will cancel seniors' training on Tuesday 26th March 2013 so their players, coaches & club volunteer support people can watch their country's World Cup Qualifier?

Let alone any cancel any juniors' training scheduled for that night so kids can see their country play.

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Con M »

Con M wrote:I wonder how many FFSA clubs and SAASL clubs will cancel seniors' training on Tuesday 26th March 2013 so their players, coaches & club volunteer support people can watch their country's World Cup Qualifier?

Let alone any cancel any juniors' training scheduled for that night so kids can see their country play.
A radio pundit said on the weekend just record the game and watch it later. But watching a sporting contest when you already know the result is akin to slurping cold soup.

ps, reminds me of the controversy back in 2002 during the World Cup when Channel 9 had the rights but showed some games on a 30-minute delay (tying in with the Eastern States). It was reported that a Channel 9 Adelaide reporter went to an O'Connell St local restaurant to interview fans about their disappointment over an Italia result and let slip the final score, spoiling their night as they were watching it on delay with all phones and radios switched off so as not to know the outcome. It was also reported that Nine's Tynte St Studio window allegedly had a half-brick thrown through it later that evening by disgruntled fans...

adelaidebloke
Star Player
Star Player

Post by adelaidebloke »

will be at the game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stich This
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Stich This »

Con M wrote:
Con M wrote:I wonder how many FFSA clubs and SAASL clubs will cancel seniors' training on Tuesday 26th March 2013 so their players, coaches & club volunteer support people can watch their country's World Cup Qualifier?

A radio pundit said on the weekend just record the game and watch it later. But watching a sporting contest when you already know the result is akin to slurping cold soup.

ps, reminds me of the controversy back in 2002 during the World Cup when Channel 9 had the rights but showed some games on a 30-minute delay (tying in with the Eastern States). It was reported that a Channel 9 Adelaide reporter went to an O'Connell St local restaurant to interview fans about their disappointment over an Italia result and let slip the final score, spoiling their night as they were watching it on delay with all phones and radios switched off so as not to know the outcome. It was also reported that Nine's Tynte St Studio window allegedly had a half-brick thrown through it later that evening by disgruntled fans...
Deserved a full brick.

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

I must admit I'm seriously worried about this game as we lack experience in defence.

Holger should have swallowed his pride and picked Ognenovski to lead the defence in the absence of Neil, particularly given that he is playing regularly, is in excellent form and plays his football in Asia.

His experience of Asian football will be sorely missed and it is stupid to not pick the best man for the job.
The older I get the better I was.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

adelaidebloke
Star Player
Star Player

Post by adelaidebloke »

possible line up........ :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Scrape a 1-0 win
Ignore this signature

Knight15
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Knight15 »

Bomber wrote:Scrape a 1-0 win
I'd take that, although I'll put my 'easy earned' on 2-0
Are you Bodo in disguise?

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Con M »

Con M wrote:

Well that's it then, as far as I've heard no local FFSA clubs or Amateur clubs have cancelled training for one lousy night so their people can watch their country play live and direct on TV. This country where they have homes here, work here and study here.

It's makes one wonder if Australia was playing a friendly at home against say, a touring Croatia, Scotland, Greece, Italia, England, Serbia or Poland whether training would be cancelled at certain clubs.

The juniors? Well if any were training (and most share grounds with seniors, so juniors train Wednesday & Friday), if any do train Tuesday they'll have to cancel because it's gonna be 36 degrees on 26/3/13.

adelaidebloke
Star Player
Star Player

Post by adelaidebloke »

interested to see crowd size

Red-4-Life
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Red-4-Life »

2-0 win

Steve#4
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Steve#4 »

Con M wrote:
Con M wrote:

Well that's it then, as far as I've heard no local FFSA clubs or Amateur clubs have cancelled training for one lousy night so their people can watch their country play live and direct on TV. This country where they have homes here, work here and study here.

It's makes one wonder if Australia was playing a friendly at home against say, a touring Croatia, Scotland, Greece, Italia, England, Serbia or Poland whether training would be cancelled at certain clubs.

The juniors? Well if any were training (and most share grounds with seniors, so juniors train Wednesday & Friday), if any do train Tuesday they'll have to cancel because it's gonna be 36 degrees on 26/3/13.
We are finishing training early, putting on a BBQ for the boys and showing the game live at our ground with a few bevies in hand.... :D

Paleon Patros Germanos
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Paleon Patros Germanos »

See you there Steve.
Agia Lavra 1821!

Steve#4
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Steve#4 »

Paleon Patros Germanos wrote:See you there Steve.
Your always welcome to come out, I will see if there are any spare rego forms lying around :lol:

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Con M »

quote Steve#6
We are finishing training early, putting on a BBQ for the boys and showing the game live at our ground with a few bevies in hand.... :D[/quote]

Very proud of you, Steve#6!

Does your Club have FoxTV so as to watch it live @ 7pm? If not and you're watching it on delay on SBS, get people to switch off their phones or beg those who know the score not to give it away.. Watching sport where you already know the score takes away the tension and can be akin to slurping cold soup!

ps, dunno if it's on a 30-minutes delay or one-hour delay on SBS. It's scheduled for 8pm on SBS, but they normally have Uncle Les's and Fosters preamble and I can't get an answer how long the preliminaries will go...

pps, for those watching at home on SBS - take the phone of the hook and silence da mobiles!

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Easy for me. Finish work, go home, have a swim in pool, couple cool drinks, quick shower, dinner served whilst both teams walk out to national anthems. Watch game slouched on the lounge. :D
Ignore this signature

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Con M »

Bomber wrote:Easy for me. Finish work, go home, have a swim in pool, couple cool drinks, quick shower, dinner served whilst both teams walk out to national anthems. Watch game slouched on the lounge. :D
Ah yes, but wot about minor premiers Polska Polonia Croydon - will they be watching their country or training?

ps, can't remember if Polonia Park/Reserve clubrooms have FoxTV.. Is there only one of the FFSA clubs out of the 30 that has Fox? The one out Fosters road way?