New Club for 2013

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

Steve#4
Team Manager
Team Manager

Re: New Club for 2013

Post by Steve#4 »

Wraith wrote:Can be done....easily.
I agree, one team clubs are easy and cost little to organise.

The bigger you get the more expensive and time consuming it becomes.

Depends what you want from your club I suppose.

I personally would get little satisfaction from playing for a one team club though...

Wraith
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Wraith »

Need to start somewhere don't you?

Highly unlikely a new club will attract 2/3 teams, unless there is a connection somewhere.

Steve#4
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Steve#4 »

Wraith wrote:Need to start somewhere don't you?

Highly unlikely a new club will attract 2/3 teams, unless there is a connection somewhere.
Not denying that at all.....Just saying they wouldn't attract me as a one team club as a new player.
I am sure there are plenty that might though...

Wraith
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Wraith »

Generally speaking a one team club generally wouldn't rely on recruiting players off the street.

There would be a link somewhere to get players to the club.

Once they go to two teams is when recruiting unkowns comes into play.

Right Back
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Right Back »

Wraith wrote:Generally speaking a one team club generally wouldn't rely on recruiting players off the street.

When we started in 2009 we were only going to enter 1 team but becasue the demand to play from the local community was so high we ended up entering 2.

We only recuited our 2 keepers from outside but that was it.

As time goes on you'll realise things wont work out exactly as planned and you need to be flexible with things but Jogabonito appears to think everything will just fall into place for him.

Just hope the group you have is committed and reliable otherwise you'll be ringing round at 3am on Sat/Sun to try and make up the numbers.......

Steve#4
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Steve#4 »

You looking for an argument? (@ wraith)

My preference of type of club has nothing to do with what this mob want...I just stated that sought of club doesn't appeal to me.

Where you are going with your comments is anyones guess.

This guy has said they only want to be a one team club, good luck to him and his mates.

Steve#4
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Steve#4 »

acu_falcon wrote:
Wraith wrote:Generally speaking a one team club generally wouldn't rely on recruiting players off the street.

When we started in 2009 we were only going to enter 1 team but becasue the demand to play from the local community was so high we ended up entering 2.

We only recuited our 2 keepers from outside but that was it.

As time goes on you'll realise things wont work out exactly as planned and you need to be flexible with things but Jogabonito appears to think everything will just fall into place for him.

Just hope the group you have is committed and reliable otherwise you'll be ringing round at 3am on Sat/Sun to try and make up the numbers.......
Aint that fun...... :lol:

No matter how many players you have registered it is never enough at some point during the season.

Clubs are fun but injuries and absence will hit us all, that's the way it goes no matter what the level... :D

JogaBonito
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by JogaBonito »

Are you hinting you play with unregistered players that you randomly call at the early hours of the morning?

We will start with a minimum of 20 players.
We hope that will be enough to field 11 every week.

Every player we register after that, is financially a bonus.

Wraith
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Wraith »

Steve#6 wrote:You looking for an argument? (@ wraith)

My preference of type of club has nothing to do with what this mob want...I just stated that sought of club doesn't appeal to me.

This guy has said they only want to be a one team club, good luck to him and his mates.
Not sure what you're on about, just discussing here aren't we?

You're stating your personal opinion and I'm giving mine on past experience.

Reading too much into things?

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

I wouldn't mind some new clubs !

I know of a Brazilian player who speaks Portuguese and is good with numbers (an accountant) that might be interested in a new club like yours :wink:
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

PASC
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by PASC »

JogaBonito wrote:Are you hinting you play with unregistered players that you randomly call at the early hours of the morning?

what happens when 18 of u come to a game and everyone wants a kick bcoz they have payed up ??
God is an Englishman wrote: As for me being a tosser on this forum, it's not just on the forum. I'm a tosser in real life as well.

DonDownUnder
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by DonDownUnder »

It can be done. We started our amatuers last year, and whilst I think your costings on 2 kits(of good quality) are ambitious you have not costed referees fees. Depending on division, approx 10x $60. Even if you play all your games away, other clubs will not wear your annual referees costs.

Good luck! Play beautiful!

Ernie Cooksey
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Ernie Cooksey »

JogaBonito wrote:To answer your question, the league have only decided this year to enforce the sock rule - we've yet to run into a clash though, however have ordered clash socks just in case.

Shorts, the refs will allow the game to start, but the club will be reported to the league. Again, haven't run into this issue yet.

Now, as you have 15 people already, what can you offer as an individual entity??

Thanks for your response.
Just trying to see how much we all need to spend and obviously trying to make it the most economically sound possible.
If we can save of a pair of short or socks, its money that can be used for something else.

So what our model has that is interesting is that it is self funded.
We are not relying on sponsors to make things happen.
We won't start an operation with less than 20 registered players (We aren't about to rock up for games with lack of players)
Each player will pay a registration of $200.
This will give them their own home and away strip with their desired number and name printed on the back.
Shorts of course and socks, along with a tracksuit jacket.
The remainder of the fees will pay for their registration and fees the club will incur during the season.

We have contacted the amateur league association about costs and added the cost of the above goods along with all other running costs we would have during the season and it should pretty much cover itself.

We also won't be rocking up a games with eskys or things of that nature.
Nor will we sell goods at our home games.

Every club has different goals and objectives.
Ours is merely to enjoy our passion of soccer/football.[/quote]

So if you're not selling goods at home games, is it acceptable that others bring eskies, cut lunches etc?

Remember that there will always be ongoing costs, so if you can make a few bucks selling food and drinks (even if just basics), it will go a long way.[/quote]

Yes that fine, other teams would be invited and encouraged to bring what they think is suitable and viable for them.
Although there is some financial gains from it, we just don't want the hassle of organizing it.
We don't want to be asking favors of others.
Our guys are there to play and enjoy, not work.
We don't intend to be a big club; but maybe a well organized one (at least on paper LOL)[/quote]

Well, I have to agree with The Nug on this one, if you don't fancy the hard work involved, join an existing club. I think you'll need more than 15 for a full season too.

gone
Star Player
Star Player

Post by gone »

Nets?
Corner posts & flags?
Line marker & line marking stuff?
Electricity for lights (as mentioned above) & change rooms (assuming you want hot showers)?

..... and that's just off the top of my head.
Stirling District (est 1967) 32 seasons successfully avoiding a Championship then this
1999 Div 2 Champions
2002 Div 2 & 2B
2004 Div 1 & Champion of Champions
2007 Div 1 & 1B
2009 Div 1B
2011 Div 1B
2013 Div 2B & 7C
2014 Div 2B

Paleon Patros Germanos
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Paleon Patros Germanos »

This bloke has got it sorted. Don't know why he came on here for advice.

Good Luck
Agia Lavra 1821!

Steve#4
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Steve#4 »

Wraith wrote:
Steve#6 wrote:You looking for an argument? (@ wraith)

Not sure what you're on about, just discussing here aren't we?

You're stating your personal opinion and I'm giving mine on past experience.

Reading too much into things?
The guy only wants one team, not an empire.....Go back and have a re read :wink:

HailHail
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by HailHail »

Most clubs start with a small group of people just wanting to play, over time it evolves and becomes a club with 3,4 or even 5 senior teams. Have a crack mate I wish you and your friends all the best.
"AND THEY GAVE US JAMES McGRORY AND PAUL McSTAY, THEY GAVE US JOHNSTONE, TULLEY, MURDOCH, AULD AND HAY, AND MOST OF THE FOOTBALL GREATS HAVE PASSED THROUGH PARKHEAD'S GATES, FOR TO PLAY FOOTBALL THE GLASGOW CELTIC WAY"

Dickie Bird
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Dickie Bird »

JogaBonito wrote:Thanks for the heads up, but we feel we have something to offer as an individual entity.
Appreciate your views though, I can see how one could feel that way.
you have nothing to offer as an individual entity that isnt already provided by
any one of the 100 odd clubs already in the league.
Unless of course you are made up solely of Bering Sea Alaskan Crab fisherman, then i apologise.
Do yourself a favour and join an established club. You and your mates will get a lot more enjoyment out of the game by having a large portion of the stresses handled by an established experienced club.

JogaBonito
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by JogaBonito »

Thanks all for the input.

I was just seeking advice on shorts on socks, but thank you for the interest shown already.

As for most of the replies you have posted, please read back through the thread and it should answer your questions.

But briefly.... I did allow for $700 for referee fees.
If ground sharing, that's why you pay a certain fee, for someone to do it for you.
If your playing away games, then it's the other clubs responsibility.
As for the strips; do your research and save your club money next time your in the market for new gear.

I hope that clarifies it all.

Like some stated. We aren't trying to be the biggest or greatest. Just a one team outfit to enjoy soccer for what it is.

PS. Please state which club for $200-$250 let's you keep the playing strips...

JogaBonito
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by JogaBonito »

Dickie Bird wrote:
JogaBonito wrote:Thanks for the heads up, but we feel we have something to offer as an individual entity.
Appreciate your views though, I can see how one could feel that way.
you have nothing to offer as an individual entity that isnt already provided by
any one of the 100 odd clubs already in the league.
Unless of course you are made up solely of Bering Sea Alaskan Crab fisherman, then i apologise.
Do yourself a favour and join an established club. You and your mates will get a lot more enjoyment out of the game by having a large portion of the stresses handled by an established experienced club.

Why don't you enlighten me with what your club does then... Compare it to what we want offer above and then we will talk.

vertu1
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by vertu1 »

don't join an existing club

go and build your own in the same spirit that the Parafield Gardens and other established clubs' founders built theirs

will it be hard to do? ... probably
will you fail ....quite possibly
but it is better to have tried and lost than not tried at all
you can always go to an established club if it doesn't work out

keep in mind that a lot of posters on here are from long established and wealthy clubs and may have trouble appreciating that
a bunch of blokes may want to just knock a team together and have a kick on the weekend without all the fuss of maintaining clubrooms and generating income for players etc

go for it i say

Ernie Cooksey
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Ernie Cooksey »

vertu1 wrote:don't join an existing club

go and build your own in the same spirit that the Parafield Gardens and other established clubs' founders built theirs

will it be hard to do? ... probably
will you fail ....quite possibly
but it is better to have tried and lost than not tried at all
you can always go to an established club if it doesn't work out

keep in mind that a lot of posters on here are from long established and wealthy clubs and may have trouble appreciating that
a bunch of blokes may want to just knock a team together and have a kick on the weekend without all the fuss of maintaining clubrooms and generating income for players etc

go for it i say
Normally I share this opinion, but in this case, the lad has said they don't really want to work too hard, just enjoy a kickabout. Based on that and the fact that 15 just really won't be enough for a full season, I think otherwise this time.

terryball
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by terryball »

I remember a bunch of mates having a kick around in a park next to the Salisbury railway station about thirty years ago, the numbers grew and they moved to Salisbury primary school.The numbers grew even more,they decided to join the amatuer league ,starting their fledgling from what is now Para Hills West soccer club.They move on from there to their now humble dwellings at Martins rd Parafield Gdns, and are known as Salisbury Villa. So it can be done,good luck to you and youre mates,(build it and the will come)

Ciudad Juarez
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Ciudad Juarez »

acu_falcon wrote:

And also hope that they aren't pissed off that you woke them up
Formerly known as El Paso del Norte

Delete Your Account
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Delete Your Account »

JogaBonito wrote:
Bacon888 wrote:You are dreaming if you think you can get 2 playing strips for $900. Struggle to get 1 for that.

Let alone the jackets.

You look like you are pretty good with the internet.
All you need to do is some shopping around.
I won't tell you the site, but I will give you a hint.
They are not in Australia (Asia maybe!)
The $900 covers it all. It doesn't include embroidery, but I am happy with them screen printing numbers and logos.
Quality is AWESOME. I've bought from there before.
Not only am I good at the internet, I'm my club's apparel manager, so I know it costs to get strips.

I prefer to order in Australia, so that I can see what I'm getting, plus keeping jobs here.

You may notice I was the first person to actually answer your OP question. I wasn't here to extol the virtues of going an existing club or starting your own.

JogaBonito
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by JogaBonito »

For the last time folks...we currently have 15 players but won't start the season without 20!!!
Its not too hard to read the thread if you want to voice your opinion.

BeogradGeneralsC's
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by BeogradGeneralsC's »

Steve#6 wrote:
KING NUGGETT wrote:Forget about starting a New Club you have whats called a Team.
Go to a Established Club one with good Facilities around your area & tell them you have a group of mates that want to play together in a Team.
Please believe me it's far less work & you'll enjoy your Football so much more...
The man speaks sense...I agree with this.
Abdolutely agree.

If you have a club you ill fold in 2 years.

If you have a team and be part of an existing club, you will be going for alot longer.

There are plenty of clubs who would accommodate you.

Right Back
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Right Back »

JogaBonito wrote:Are you hinting you play with unregistered players that you randomly call at the early hours of the morning?

We never play with unregistered players but when registered players dont rock up to training and you dont know whether they are available to play or not thats where the headaches are......

Delete Your Account
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Delete Your Account »

BeogradGeneralsC's wrote:
Steve#6 wrote:
KING NUGGETT wrote:Forget about starting a New Club you have whats called a Team.
Go to a Established Club one with good Facilities around your area & tell them you have a group of mates that want to play together in a Team.
Please believe me it's far less work & you'll enjoy your Football so much more...
The man speaks sense...I agree with this.
Abdolutely agree.

If you have a club you ill fold in 2 years.

If you have a team and be part of an existing club, you will be going for alot longer.

There are plenty of clubs who would accommodate you.
As they are giving away their playing strips, I doubt they plan to be around for too long.

KING NUGGETT
Star Player
Star Player

Post by KING NUGGETT »

terryball wrote:I remember a bunch of mates having a kick around in a park next to the Salisbury railway station about thirty years ago, the numbers grew and they moved to Salisbury primary school.The numbers grew even more,they decided to join the amatuer league ,starting their fledgling from what is now Para Hills West soccer club.They move on from there to their now humble dwellings at Martins rd Parafield Gdns, and are known as Salisbury Villa. So it can be done,good luck to you and youre mates,(build it and the will come)
Im not trying to be controversial & I'm certainly not against any New Club joining our Association.
I do believe our Association Leaders has a responsibility to its current & Existing Clubs. That is, would they allow this NEW Club to Register if there ground was right next to a Existing Club, let just say this New Club was able to obtain the school grounds right next to Para Hills West? Would they consider what impact a New Club right next door would have on Para Hills West with player numbers, Council Grants, Sponsorship from the local area, ect. ect. because it definatley would have some impact.
I struggle with the thought that a New "TEAM" such as the one proposed on this post can register with our League with no thought of any of our Associations Existing Clubs. Also when you have Division 2 Clubs such as Vikings struggling for player numbers, it really doesn't make any sence at all.
I think the thing your also forgetting terryball is that when Para Hills West was formed in the early 70's there was a Quarter of the Clubs in our Association.

Our Clubs & our Sport compete with many, many other Clubs & Sports. I believe th at our Association should help its Existing Clubs before they invest in any NEW CLUBS especially those who just want a social kick around ....

SAASL DIV.1 CHAMPIONS 73,75,78,02,10,11,13
CHALLENGE CUP WINNERS 74,75,80,08,10,11,13
SAASL DIV.1 RES. CHAMPIONS 71,75,77,78,79,94,11,13
RES. CUP WINNERS 73,75,76,13
CHAMPIONS OF CHAMPIONS 10
CICHANOWSKI SHIELD 90,08,11,12,14

Est.1966