State Talent Identification Championships Report

This forum is for the discussion of general coaching topics. Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

FootballNews is not responsible for any of the comments posted in this forum and this forum is moderated.

Moderator: Forum Admins

johnydep
Club Captain
Club Captain

State Talent Identification Championships Report

Post by johnydep »

http://www.ffsa.com.au/game-development/news/article/2011/august/state-talent-identification-championships-report-july-22-24/ wrote:State Talent Identification Championships Report - July 22-24

FFSA Technical Airton Andrioli shares his thoughts about the recent STIC event held at Burton Football Complex

I believe football is about what happens between the “four lines” not outside of it. Players have to be the main centre of attention and the game should be the teacher.

I would like to congratulate all coaches, players and volunteers who were involved in the recent State Talent Identification Championships, making the above statement a reality.

It was extremely satisfying to see young talented players being encouraged to play football without having the pressure to win or being punished for taking risks or making mistakes.

As a result of this, the quality of football displayed by all teams was impressive, which is a credit to the work everyone did in their respective areas.

For the first time the tournament was hosted at Burton Football Complex, which provided players an opportunity to play on fantastic pitches, contributing to the high quality football displayed.

As well as identifying players the tournament was an opportunity for metro club coaches and country associations, to gain hands on experience working with the 1-4-3-3 system, without the pressure to win games.

This provided everyone with an opportunity to gain valuable knowledge and a better understanding of how the system works. The feedback received to date from coaches and players has been extremely positive.

Getting young players to understand a system is a challenge and I believe a great result was achieved, particularly when taking into consideration the limited time to train and prepare the players.

This is an area we will be focussing on for next year, in order to further improve the program.

There is a need to educate coaches, players and parents that ‘winning is the purpose in football but the manner and importance differs’ depending on age group.

I hope this program can provide a consistent and positive communication channel in encouraging a solid foundation for the future development of players and coaches in their progression to the next level.

Airton Andrioli
FFSA Technical Director

Jeda
Star Player
Star Player

Re: State Talent Identification Championships Report

Post by Jeda »

:P well that was informative :lol:
I do not know which makes a man more conservative—to know nothing but the present, or nothing but the past.
- John Maynard Keynes

sensiblesoccer
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Re: State Talent Identification Championships Report

Post by sensiblesoccer »

"I believe football is about what happens between the “four lines” not outside of it."

Interesting no news on STIC girls, has he forgotten about it ? last minute organization with boys, last minute organiszation with girls. Maybe just a little work on the outside of the four lines would be nice too.