The Phoenix Cup

This forum is for the discussion of other football topics including Futsal, Indoor Soccer, 7-a-side, Referees and Rules of the Game

Moderator: Forum Admins

Gabon
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

The Phoenix Cup

Post by Gabon »

We (Modbury Jets Amateur Football Club) are hosting a football tournament (Phoenix Cup) at Ladywood Reserve (Corner of Milne & Ladywood Roads, Modbury North) on Saturday 31st October commencing at 11am and ending at 3:30pm - 4:00pm.

The tournament is being run with express purpose of offering the disabled employees at the Phoenix Society an opportunity to participate in the World Game. No real outlets exist in the local community for the disabled to play football and is with this in mind that we felt the need to provide the opportunity for them to experience all that the game has to offer, hence our organisation of this tournament.

Obviously we would not be able to do this without the support of sponsors, with the major sponsors (Savings & Loans Credit Union, Clovercrest Hotel, E-Football, Pooraka Sand & Metal & Estate Timbers) assisting us with new playing strips for each of the teams (4), trophies/medallions (for each participant), food (free sausage sizzle on the day for all participants), drinks and hiring of the inflatable football pitch (http://www.footballfocus.com.au/inflatablesoccer.html) and many more expenses that we have been helped with by other sponsors .

The Mayor of Tea Tree Gully (Miriam Smith) has accepted our invitation to present both the trophy to the winning team and medallions to each participant on the day.

We are now in the process of getting the local media (messenger, advertiser, radio) involved hence my e-mail on this forum as it would be good to see people come out and support the tournament and more importantly the participants.

If anyone has any questions, suggestions or ideas to assist us in making this tournament a thoroughly enjoyable experience for all of our participants please feel free to PM me.

Thank you,
Ryan Mogg

:idea: Moderators please note this is an amateur club running this tournament so i think this topic belongs here.