SUNDAY DIV 2 LEAGUE TABLE

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

MATTY6
Apprentice
Apprentice

SUNDAY DIV 2 LEAGUE TABLE

Post by MATTY6 »

Is anyone prepared to guess how the league table will stand after the last two rounds ?

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Re: SUNDAY DIV 2 LEAGUE TABLE

Post by swannsong »

MATTY6 wrote:Is anyone prepared to guess how the league table will stand after the last two rounds ?
No !

Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

pc81
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by pc81 »

my prediction is the league table will be standing upright at the end of the season, same direction and shape it has always stood. Thats my stance on the standings and i stand by that....understood????
You go on the p*ss all day, you've ballooned out like the Pillsbury Doughboy!
You could go to jail for this! What sort of system am I going to play then? Three across the middle and one in bloody Pentonville? *Mike Basset*

Aldo Serena
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Aldo Serena »

San Marco play the top two teams, so I can't see them picking up anymore points. If MP lose to the Grove this week, then they are gone.

MSSC Blue Eagles
2011 Division 3 Champions

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

It will all hinge on the Tea Tree Gully v Vikings Round 18 match for the title and possibly promotion !
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

MATTY6
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by MATTY6 »

pc wrote:my prediction is the league table will be standing upright at the end of the season, same direction and shape it has always stood. Thats my stance on the standings and i stand by that....understood????
Come on PC where do you guys think you will end up besides the Southern Knight changerooms enjoying the best changerooms in the league.

jogger
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by jogger »

Aldo Serena wrote:San Marco play the top two teams, so I can't see them picking up anymore points. If MP lose to the Grove this week, then they are gone.
not 100% correct because it does depend on what happens with the Raptors points deduction situation. If they lose 3 points and don't pick up any and MP beat East in the last game then Raptors and SM would be relegated.

pc81
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by pc81 »

MATTY6 wrote:
pc wrote:my prediction is the league table will be standing upright at the end of the season, same direction and shape it has always stood. Thats my stance on the standings and i stand by that....understood????
Come on PC where do you guys think you will end up besides the Southern Knight changerooms enjoying the best changerooms in the league.

would have to agree, excellent changerooms, just a prick you guys are 2 hours away, bus trip organised for last game so you guys should make a killing over the bar.......either 2nd or 3rd, any way you look at it, we have had an excellent season and been in all games bar 2, Vikings @ home and para away, both these games we were way off our game and the better team won.......exception to the beach, knights are the only team we haven't taken points from this year and will be gunning for a result, lets hope Moran will be back.....hamstring my a*se last time, any excuse to not come up against an old team mate!!!!!!!!
You go on the p*ss all day, you've ballooned out like the Pillsbury Doughboy!
You could go to jail for this! What sort of system am I going to play then? Three across the middle and one in bloody Pentonville? *Mike Basset*

MATTY6
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by MATTY6 »

pc wrote:
MATTY6 wrote:

would have to agree, excellent changerooms, just a prick you guys are 2 hours away, bus trip organised for last game so you guys should make a killing over the bar.......either 2nd or 3rd, any way you look at it, we have had an excellent season and been in all games bar 2, Vikings @ home and para away, both these games we were way off our game and the better team won.......exception to the beach, knights are the only team we haven't taken points from this year and will be gunning for a result, lets hope Moran will be back.....hamstring my a*se last time, any excuse to not come up against an old team mate!!!!!!!!

Poor bugger has been injured for most the season, he trained the friday night prior to our recent game against beach and injured his ankle again, but the 50/50 ball he went for he was never gonna get against a bigger stronger opponent

Knight7
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Knight7 »

would have to agree, excellent changerooms, just a prick you guys are 2 hours away, bus trip organised for last game so you guys should make a killing over the bar.......either 2nd or 3rd, any way you look at it, we have had an excellent season and been in all games bar 2, Vikings @ home and para away, both these games we were way off our game and the better team won.......exception to the beach, knights are the only team we haven't taken points from this year and will be gunning for a result, lets hope Moran will be back.....hamstring my a*se last time, any excuse to not come up against an old team mate!!!!!!!![/quote]

Poor bugger has been injured for most the season, he trained the friday night prior to our recent game against beach and injured his ankle again, but the 50/50 ball he went for he was never gonna get against a bigger stronger opponent[/quote]

Agree with the bigger part, just ask your mate Mavouroooomi or whatever he's called :lol:
Russia 2018 wrote

dont know what that idiot knight is talking about though

Beach_Driller
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Beach_Driller »

Vikings and Beach will be First and second..in what order to be decided in the next two games...I don't really see Vikings or us both losing our last two games. Vikings with the better goal diff have to be the favourites for the Div 2 title. I reckon TTG will give them a really hard last game no matter what the results are this weekend.

As for the bottom of the table, Munno Para and San Marco looks destined for Div 3. Para hill east will lift for the last games so they will be safe. If Raptors get points deducted then things will get very interesting it happened to Croatia (2 seasons ago), i think for crowd trouble, the SAAFL should make a ruling on this before the last game...for some reason we don't do well against Raptors so we aren't expecting an easy game this Sunday. It will be a tough,physical game!!
Pain is only weakness leaving the body!

knight25
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by knight25 »

PC it would be good if we made a killing over the bar mate. We dont make anything mate. All goes to the Panthers..

sidopolous
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by sidopolous »

knight25 wrote:PC it would be good if we made a killing over the bar mate. We dont make anything mate. All goes to the Panthers..
That's fecked up Knight25.....Have an esky and we'll buy out of that :D

Kitchimo
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Kitchimo »

jogger wrote:
Aldo Serena wrote:San Marco play the top two teams, so I can't see them picking up anymore points. If MP lose to the Grove this week, then they are gone.
not 100% correct because it does depend on what happens with the Raptors points deduction situation. If they lose 3 points and don't pick up any and MP beat East in the last game then Raptors and SM would be relegated.
If you're relying on the league to deduct points from another team to survive, you're clutching at straws!
http://www.oisc.com.au

Championships
A Grade: 1990, 1991, 1992, 2007, 2010
B Grade: 2001, 2007
C Grade: 2004, 2010
D Grade: 2009, 2010

Cups
A Grade: 1989
B Grade: 2002

DOC
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by DOC »

they will wait and see it it will affect the table at the end i reckon, might save them having to make a big decision
ImageImage

knight25
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by knight25 »

sidopolous wrote:
knight25 wrote:PC it would be good if we made a killing over the bar mate. We dont make anything mate. All goes to the Panthers..
Yeah mate we also agree. Panthers get more over the bar from us then they do their own 1st team. We also are not joined with them like some may have thought too. We cannot do much about it and thats about it. Any money we make has to go to the panthers. So thats why we dont do a BBq on match days or sell our own beer mate..

DOC
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by DOC »

knight25 wrote:
sidopolous wrote:
Yeah mate we also agree. Panthers get more over the bar from us then they do their own 1st team. We also are not joined with them like some may have thought too. We cannot do much about it and thats about it. Any money we make has to go to the panthers. So thats why we dont do a BBq on match days or sell our own beer mate..
i'm sure if you got a few cartons on ice vista would make it worth your while with the bus booked... $3 a beer?
ImageImage

jogger
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by jogger »

Kitchimo wrote:
jogger wrote:
If you're relying on the league to deduct points from another team to survive, you're clutching at straws!
I'm not involved with them just stating the original statement is not totally correct until the league has made a decision!!!