Sunday DIV 1 2009 - Coaches

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

Left Right Out
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Sunday DIV 1 2009 - Coaches

Post by Left Right Out »

Just thought Id see what the go is for Season 2009, Who are the coaches (appointed or Rumours) for

ELIZABETH VALE
PARA HILLS WEST
INGLE FARM
ELIZABETH DOWNS
USC LION
SALISBURY FLORINA
PONTIAN EAGLES
PARAFIELD GARDENS
SALISBURY INTER
FULHAM UNITED

nugget66
Squad Player
Squad Player

Re: Sunday DIV 1 2009 - Coaches

Post by nugget66 »

I heard rumour Left Right Out your a better than good shot at getting the Gardens Women's team next year!!

Left Right Out
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Left Right Out »

nugget66 wrote:I heard rumour Left Right Out your a better than good shot at getting the Gardens Women's team next year!!
Stop talking about the first team like that, i know they whinge but stop calling them WOMEN!!! I think Lefty does a fine Job!!!

nugget66
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by nugget66 »

accually the bitching & whinging stop since you left.. right out :wink:

Spanky
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Spanky »

I would see no reason why the vale would not keep sean greaves on as coach, he is a fantastic coach and respected by all the vale lads, the only reason they could get another one is if he doesn't want to, but he has to we got to defend the league again next year. :D

lefty
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by lefty »

Left Right Out wrote:
nugget66 wrote:I heard rumour Left Right Out your a better than good shot at getting the Gardens Women's team next year!!
Stop talking about the first team like that, i know they whinge but stop calling them WOMEN!!! I think Lefty does a fine Job!!!
Thanks LRO at least someone appreciates my coaching ability.
Retiring next year mate getting my hip replacement done been waiting 15yrs for it.
Women were great to coach always out to training. Might make a comeback to senior coaching one day but for now I will be concentrating on the kids.

bigpond
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by bigpond »

Well Fulham are trying to keep coach Lawry Sancilio for 2009 but has yet to officially accept - wanted some time to think about it after the season finished as all coaches would want to do.

Hopefully an announcement at the presentation night tomorrow night and hopefully a YES.

Chopper
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Chopper »

New coaches in 09 for

P.H.West
P.H.East (even though they will be divvie 2 )
Florina
Downs
USC Lion

Just my guess. DOnt all get upset :lol: :lol:

bigpond
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by bigpond »

Great night on Fri for the presentation night.

Defender Steve Dominic winning the B & F - well deserved and fitting a defender won it since we had by far the best defence in the league.

Well done to Chris Z for B & F in the B's - great 1st year at the club.

Lawry Sancilio has been confirmed as the 1st team coach at Fulham United for 2009.

Just have to work on the B's coach and get him to stay on and then Fulham can go into Div 1 in 2009 with a bit of stability which we didn't have the last time we went up.

redsfan20
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by redsfan20 »

After Presenation night on saturday I have a strong feeling Dave Beaman will stay on as coach of P.H.W.S.C first team for 2009. Coz he announced he had accepted the committees offer of the position!! Great appointment for the club now we can enjoy the break knowing we have stability and a great chance of retaining a young talented squad which we can build on to challenge for the 2009 premeirship. Congratulations also to B & F winners for A's and B's Shaun Robertson and Scotty Harrison respectively. Well done lads!!

¥argo
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by ¥argo »

I thought he said he had expressed his interest to continue coaching to the Committee.
They may not wish to have his services next year :shock:

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

¥argo wrote:I thought he said he had expressed his interest to continue coaching to the Committee.
After this years results, surely they would want to keep him.

redsfan20
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by redsfan20 »

¥argo wrote:I thought he said he had expressed his interest to continue coaching to the Committee.
My bad maybe i heard it wrong, However the decision to re appoint would be a no brainer anyway!!!

¥argo
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by ¥argo »

redsfan08 wrote:
My bad maybe i heard it wrong, However the decision to re appoint would be a no brainer anyway!!!

I agree with that :D

BIG RED
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by BIG RED »

Who is the current Para Hills West senior coach?

bigpond
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by bigpond »

Well since Dave Beaman missed out on the Playford caoching role I guess he has fallen back to PHW which would make the people at Westies happy as at his Playford interview he was talking about bringing 5 or 6 players if he got the job at Playford (obviously the players he broughht to PHW).

A good source tells me at his interview for the Playford job he said the amateur league was "too easy" for him - big statement from Dave considering he didn't win anything in 2008.

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

bigpond wrote:Great night on Fri for the presentation night.

Defender Steve Dominic winning the B & F - well deserved and fitting a defender won it since we had by far the best defence in the league.

Well done to Chris Z for B & F in the B's - great 1st year at the club.

Lawry Sancilio has been confirmed as the 1st team coach at Fulham United for 2009.

Just have to work on the B's coach and get him to stay on and then Fulham can go into Div 1 in 2009 with a bit of stability which we didn't have the last time we went up.
Good news about Lawry. I had a good chat with him earlier in the year. Seems like a great bloke

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

bigpond wrote:Well since Dave Beaman missed out on the Playford caoching role I guess he has fallen back to PHW which would make the people at Westies happy as at his Playford interview he was talking about bringing 5 or 6 players if he got the job at Playford (obviously the players he broughht to PHW).

A good source tells me at his interview for the Playford job he said the amateur league was "too easy" for him - big statement from Dave considering he didn't win anything in 2008.
Big call there. How reliable is the source??

bigpond
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by bigpond »

very reliable - let's just say from within the club circles without mentioning names.

Maybe not that hard to believe - when you are going for another job I guess you try and sell yourself as much as you can and that is what he was trying to do I guess - would have had a bit more value the comment though if he actually won silverware I would have thought.

From an outsiders point of view can look a bit arrogant if you make a statement like that without actually winning anything.

James
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by James »

[quote="bigpond"]Well since Dave Beaman missed out on the Playford caoching role I guess he has fallen back to PHW which would make the people at Westies happy as at his Playford interview he was talking about bringing 5 or 6 players if he got the job at Playford (obviously the players he broughht to PHW).

hmm. would you trust a coach that will take 5-6 player with him if he left? Doesnt sound like a good coach to me. More like a snake.

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

Malcolm McDonald. wrote:
bigpond wrote:Well since Dave Beaman missed out on the Playford caoching role I guess he has fallen back to PHW which would make the people at Westies happy as at his Playford interview he was talking about bringing 5 or 6 players if he got the job at Playford (obviously the players he broughht to PHW).

hmm. would you trust a coach that will take 5-6 player with him if he left? Doesnt sound like a good coach to me. More like a snake.
In fairness to him he did bring most of those players to the club anyway. Some may stay, others may choose to leave.

Wraith
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Wraith »

What about Pontian Eagles?

Any idea on their coach for 09?

East Boy
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by East Boy »

crue head wrote:What about Pontian Eagles?

Any idea on their coach for 09?
Are they definately staying on in the Sunday leagues?

Wraith
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Wraith »

Havent heard anything else to suggest otherwise.

East Boy
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by East Boy »

Just another whisper in the wind then i guess.

OldRedback
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by OldRedback »

redsfan08 wrote:After Presenation night on saturday I have a strong feeling Dave Beaman will stay on as coach of P.H.W.S.C first team for 2009. Coz he announced he had accepted the committees offer of the position!! Great appointment for the club now we can enjoy the break knowing we have stability and a great chance of retaining a young talented squad which we can build on to challenge for the 2009 premeirship. Congratulations also to B & F winners for A's and B's Shaun Robertson and Scotty Harrison respectively. Well done lads!!

What? No awards for you redsfan08? Surely you must have picked up something after the stellar season you guys had at the back?

Ga Pala
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Ga Pala »

Ah bigpond always stirring the pot just like on poker nights, ha ha
" I used to go Missing a lot- Miss Canada, Miss United Kingdom, Miss Germany." George Best

Dirty Sanchez
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Dirty Sanchez »

A couple of you boys have worked beaman out. Well done. Arrogant and snake are very good descriptions of this schmuck. Playford commitee must of thought he was a chump,trying to big note himself.

redsfan20
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by redsfan20 »

OldRedback wrote:
redsfan08 wrote:After Presenation night on saturday I have a strong feeling Dave Beaman will stay on as coach of P.H.W.S.C first team for 2009. Coz he announced he had accepted the committees offer of the position!! Great appointment for the club now we can enjoy the break knowing we have stability and a great chance of retaining a young talented squad which we can build on to challenge for the 2009 premeirship. Congratulations also to B & F winners for A's and B's Shaun Robertson and Scotty Harrison respectively. Well done lads!!

What? No awards for you redsfan08? Surely you must have picked up something after the stellar season you guys had at the back?
Na mate I was lucky enough to touch the trophy and shake Shauns hand tho :lol:
If i had polled another 44 votes I'd have won it, So close :lol: :lol: :lol:
Very hard to get votes with such a talented back four in front of you the whole season. The bloody sherry would take turns in stealing my votes!!!

Sideliner
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Sideliner »

Is Frenchy coaching Inter next year?