Results Saturday 12/7/08

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

medallion
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Results Saturday 12/7/08

Post by medallion »

Anyone got the results through from the games played today?

Teza
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Re: Results Saturday 12/7/08

Post by Teza »

Navarino 2 Vs 2 Stirling (0-3)

another one that got away..

medallion
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by medallion »

Teza wrote:Navarino 2 Vs 2 Stirling (0-3)

Sounded like a good game, how did you play? Did you score levendi?

John Cena
Star Player
Star Player

Post by John Cena »

wanderers bs 3 uni 0 :mrgreen:

Bodes
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Bodes »

BOSA 2 - Jets 1 (3-2)

grewcock
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by grewcock »

Gleeson 2 - 1 Africa
I don't believe in God but i'm afraid of him

Missing Post Count
Coach
Coach

Post by Missing Post Count »

medallion wrote:
Yes it was.

I upset the home linesman in the reserves although I don't know why he was upset. (probably small man syndrome)
On the stroke of halftime he approached one of his officials, pointed to me and said something. That person came to me and said "what's the story?". You tell me, what's the story? I could have said it was 0-2 at half time but I think he already knew that. Then he asked me if I was with Stirling? I said I just came down to watch, and he then asked "do you live local or something?". Not really, but I still don't know what the issue was. Perhaps Teza can ask him.

In the A's overall not a lot between the two sides although Stirling had the better of the play in the first half. They had the wind in their favor too but didn't make the most of it until the 38th minute. They held on to the lead through most of the second half and could have been 2-0 up had they not missed an open goal with no-one to beat. How he missed that I have no idea. Then two Navarino goals in a minute made it 2-1 to the home side and it looked like they pinch a win. Five minutes before time Stirling levelled it at 2-2. They could feel a bit hard done by as Navarino's first goal was clearly offside, but overall I think 2-2 was a fair result.
Last edited by Missing Post Count on Sat Jul 12, 2008 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Juventino
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Juventino »

Flinders 3-0 Red Blue Eagles (A's)
Flinders 2-6 Red Blue Eagles (B's)

The Roo
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by The Roo »

Wanderers casually over Uni 1-0....

Jets drop points again!!!! You little beauty!!!!! Thats it, doesnt matter who wins now, Jet wont!!!! Lets all celebrate!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by The Roo on Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Teza
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Teza »

Bodø Glimt wrote:
medallion wrote:
Yes it was.

I upset the home linesman in the reserves although I don't know why he was upset. (probably small man syndrome)
On the stroke of halftime he approached one of his officials, pointed to me and said something. That person came to me and said "what's the story?". You tell me, what's the story? I could have said it was 0-2 at half time but I think he already knew that. Then he asked me if I was with Stirling? I said I just came down to watch, and he then asked "do you live local or something?". Not really, but I still don't know what the issue was. Perhaps Teza can ask him.

In the A's overall not a lot between the two sides although Stirling had the better of the play in the first half. They had the wind in their favor too but didn't make the most of it until the 38th minute. They held on to the lead through most of the second half and could have been 2-0 up had they not missed an open goal with no-one to beat. How he missed that I have no idea. Then two Navarino goals in a minute made it 2-1 to the home side and it looked like they pinch a win. Five minutes before time Stirling levelled it at 2-2. They could feel a bit hard done by as Navarino's second goal was clearly offside, but overall I think 2-2 was a fair result.
fair rite up bodo, although i must say our 2nd goal was on.. even a few stirling lads admited it.. but as you said 2-2 probably was most fair, as for our linesman i'll ask him for you.. got no idea wat its about..

and yes i got one
Last edited by Teza on Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BillyBob
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by BillyBob »

B's: Wanderers 3-0 Uni

Wanderer's deserved the win, Uni never really in it, but that's what happens when half your squad is away. The end of the season will be exciting at least now, with Wanderer's and Uni going at it week for week for results. Best moment of the game had to be when The coach told me to play upfront :o Made my day! Advice for you guys tho, if you havea cold.....eating subway 10 mins before the game starts, topping it off with a redbull, neurofen and coldral...not the best idea.

A's: Wanderers 1-0 Uni

Neither team really looked dangerous going forward with both defences coping with what was thrown at them at them. 3 of the reserves boys bucked up and played another full game (myself, the striker who according to the Wanderer's sidelines needs to visit a tanning salon, and the left winger, I'm not really gonna disagree with that, he is pale). Wanderers goal game from a very dubious penalty, that shouldn't have been awarded. A fair result would have been a draw.
http://auscblacks.com
Adelaide University Soccer Club Blacks

To Mati
Star Player
Star Player

Post by To Mati »

Tigers V Vipers

A's 3-0
B's 1-3

The Roo
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by The Roo »

A draw a fair result? Your keeper was time wasting in the first five minutes... If you dont come to play and invite being atttacked, you cant expect to win... Penalty was there...

Missing Post Count
Coach
Coach

Teza wrote:fair rite up bodo, although i must say our 2nd goal was on.. even a few stirling lads admited it.. but as you said 2-2 probably was most fair, as for our linesman i'll ask him for you.. got no idea wat its about..
The second one was on. The first one wasn't. The guy on the far side who collected the ball was off when the ball was played. The second one you split the defence brilliantly.

Their linesman gave you a throw in and the referee deemed the ball didn't go out on another ocassion but overall I think the referees and both linesmen did alright.

As for the other thing, I don't know either.

Monkey Boy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Monkey Boy »

SPOC 3 - 0 Iggies

Quite a boring game really. For a team that is staring relegation I was expecting much more fight from Iggies. Nevertheless we didnt really ever get out of first gear and held off any challenges quite easily. Credit to the boys though as a 3-0 win and not playing very well is a fair effort.

Nice to meet you Hawksey, some good banter from the sidelines, and good luck for the rest of the year....

Teza
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Teza »

Bodø Glimt wrote:
Teza wrote:fair rite up bodo, although i must say our 2nd goal was on.. even a few stirling lads admited it.. but as you said 2-2 probably was most fair, as for our linesman i'll ask him for you.. got no idea wat its about..
The second one was on. The first one wasn't. The guy on the far side who collected the ball was off when the ball was played. The second one you split the defence brilliantly.

Their linesman gave you a throw in and the referee deemed the ball didn't go out on another ocassion but overall I think the referees and both linesmen did alright.

As for the other thing, I don't know either.
hmm i thought he was on.. he came from behind and was already in fullflight..and the ref was right there.. ahh wells its happend.

Monkey Boy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Monkey Boy »

did u score roo??? how many players out today? A bit lucky to just beat Uni 1-0 they are very average. Are you starting to get the wobbles again? :oops:

Missing Post Count
Coach
Coach

Teza wrote:fair rite up bodo, although i must say our 2nd goal was on..
I just realized I wrote second in my report. Should have said first, but as you say it's done and dusted now. Bosa got a win too so that end of the table is looking very interesting.

Missing Post Count
Coach
Coach

Division One Table:

Code: Select all

P   W D L  F  A   Pt
ADELAIDE WANDERERS  12 10 2 -  44 17  32
ST PETERS           12  9 1 2  37 18  28
MODBURY JETS        12  6 3 3  23 17  21
STIRLING DISTRICTS  12  6 2 4  22 21  20
GLEESON COLLEGE     12  5 1 6  17 21  16
ADELAIDE UNI (1)    12  4 1 7  10 20  13
BOSA                12  3 2 7  21 20  11
AFRICA UTD ALLSTARS 12  3 2 7  19 22  11
OLD IGNATIANS       12  2 3 7  22 34   9
NAVARINO FC         12  2 3 7  12 37   9

Bodes
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Bodes »

What happened in the reserves?
Monkey Boy wrote:SPOC 3 - 0 Iggies

Quite a boring game really. For a team that is staring relegation I was expecting much more fight from Iggies. Nevertheless we didnt really ever get out of first gear and held off any challenges quite easily. Credit to the boys though as a 3-0 win and not playing very well is a fair effort.

Nice to meet you Hawksey, some good banter from the sidelines, and good luck for the rest of the year....

Rob Lozza
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Rob Lozza »

Burundi Eagles 3:2 Strathalbyn (Reserves 2:0)
Adelaide Comets 3:0 Old Ignatians' (2) (1:1)

Wraith
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Wraith »

anyone know the result of salisbury villa vs. mclaren districts??

Broken_leg
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Broken_leg »

Monkey Boy wrote:did u score roo??? how many players out today? A bit lucky to just beat Uni 1-0 they are very average. Are you starting to get the wobbles again? :oops:
Roo scored monkey man. Dont worry about that.

Pi55 Take
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Pi55 Take »

Bodes wrote:What happened in the reserves?
1-0 to Saints

Rattus
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Rattus »

[quote="Bodes"]What happened in the reserves?

[quote="Monkey Boy"]SPOC 3 - 0 Iggies

Saints 1 - Iggies 0

Well done to the saints boys who lost to this mob 5-0 earlier in the year, all played fairly well. Saints had a few opportunities to bag a few more but kicked it straight into the keeper in the one on ones

cbf
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by cbf »

crue head wrote:anyone know the result of salisbury villa vs. mclaren districts??
Salisbury Villa 7:0 Mclaren Districts (res 3:1)

spoc_coach 09
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by spoc_coach 09 »

roo scored?
another bad haircut? a contract for nose strips?

good game against iggies who did have several chances but couldnt finish, probably needed the bloke singing out of key on the sidelines.
iggies will be a dangerous side next year in div 2

nico
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by nico »

I find it hillarious that Roo cops so much grief and that everyone that plays the Wanderers has "heaps of players out".

We never have players missing, because we grow them hydroponically and when our crops fail we just buy the best players in the land.

Roo does his job, scores on a regular basis and the rest of the boys, both A's and B's want to win more than the other mob.

You muppets that bag us wish you had the lads thet we have.

Broken_leg
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Broken_leg »

spoc_coach 09 wrote:roo scored?

good game against iggies who did have several chances but couldnt finish, probably needed the bloke singing out of key on the sidelines.
its official your a goose

soulcrew
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by soulcrew »

Broken_leg wrote:
spoc_coach 09 wrote:roo scored?

its official your a goose
Yeah, proper muppet.
Last edited by soulcrew on Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.