Results May 3rd/4th

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

Missing Post Count
Coach
Coach

Results May 3rd/4th

Post by Missing Post Count »

Saturday division 2:

A's: Fc Adelaide 4 Adelaide Budapest 4
B's: Fc Adelaide 4 Adelaide Budapest 0

Firstly I have to ask, should club linemans be smoking whilst running the flag? Should they be drinking whilst doing it? Should they be chatting on a mobile phone whilst doing it? Should they be coaching their players whilst doing it?

I would say no to all of these, but I saw all of this in one reserves match today.

The first team game was quite a surprise. With the home side 4-0 up ten minutes into the second half you would have thought game over, but Budapest fought back to make a game of it. They finished with ten men after their keeper from the first half was sent off. After his berating of the referee at half time he continued in the second half and it was only a matter of time before he'd get his second red card. The only surprise was it didn't come sooner. Perhaps the same team was a bit lucky not to have a second player sent off for a dangerous foul from behind.

A stoppage time penalty made it 4-4 and even that went in off the bar. It made for an interesting finish and I was stuck in between to two sets of fans so it was interesting to see the noise suddenly shift from my right hand side to my left hand side.

Teza
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Re: Results May 3rd/4th

Post by Teza »

Navarino 0-2 Modbury (1-4)

Bodes
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Bodes »

BOSA 1 - Africa Utd 2 (2-1)

Pi55 Take
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Pi55 Take »

Stirling 4 St Peters 5 (2-3)

As the score suggests the first team game was pretty wild. 3 penalties, Saints lead 4-1 and 5-2 and just held on in the end.

Rob Lozza
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Rob Lozza »

Iggies 4:5 Wanderers
Torrens Valley 2:1 Flinders
Adelaide Villa 11:1 Salisbury Villa
Last edited by Rob Lozza on Sun May 04, 2008 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Missing Post Count
Coach
Coach

Rob Lozza wrote:Iggies 4:5 Wanderers
I had considered going to this game, but by the results posted so far it seems there were goals everywhere.

Kitchimo
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Kitchimo »

Div 1A Wanderers 5 - 4 Old Ignatians (we were 1-4 up during the second half.... :shock: )
Div 1B Wanderers 0 - 1 Old Ignatians (another solid win for top of the table side...might be losing some of their players soon to the higher side!)
Div 3A McClaren Districts 4 - 2 Old Ignatians (shocking defensive errors abound!)
Div 3B McClaren Districts 3 - 2 Old Ignatians (we were 2-1 up but let them take over the last 25 mins).
http://www.oisc.com.au

Championships
A Grade: 1990, 1991, 1992, 2007, 2010
B Grade: 2001, 2007
C Grade: 2004, 2010
D Grade: 2009, 2010

Cups
A Grade: 1989
B Grade: 2002

Missing Post Count
Coach
Coach

Kitchimo wrote:we were 1-4 up during the second half.... :shock:
The game I saw was 4-0 after 60 minutes. The side trailing pulled two back before having a player sent off and then scored another couple to make it 4-4.

John Cena
Star Player
Star Player

Post by John Cena »

[quote="Kitchimo"]Div 1A Wanderers 5 - 4 Old Ignatians (we were 1-4 up during the second half.... :shock: )
Div 1B Wanderers 0 - 1 Old Ignatians (another solid win for top of the table side...might be losing some of their players soon to the higher side!)
Div 3A McClaren Districts 4 - 2 Old Ignatians (shocking defensive errors abound!)
Div 3B McClaren Districts 3 - 2 Old Ignatians (we were 2-1 up but let them take over the last 25 mins).[/quote

DIV1B wanderers were all over iggies in the 2nd half but could not finish . iggies took there chances what you think hawkesy

PHE 7
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by PHE 7 »

jets won 2 0 in a average game today against a poor team with a sh#t attitude, bar 2 or 3 players. to be called a red neck and that you have no future is pretty harsh so guess i will just have to put up a eagle in my drive way to know that i have finally made it in life. honestly a joke to the league and can't wait for them to get relegated. goodbye navarino!!!!!!!!!!

Missing Post Count
Coach
Coach

coyote wrote:DIV1B wanderers were all over iggies in the 2nd half but could not finish . iggies took there chances what you think hawkesy
He'd probably say what he said with regards to Rangers v Fiorentina:
Hawkesy wrote:that's the beauty of football, the game is about putting the ball into the goal and not always does the best team win.

stobbo
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by stobbo »

Gleeson 1 Uni 2 (0-1)

Juventino
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Juventino »

Comets 3-1 Red Blue Eagles (1-1 in the b's)

Hawkesy
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Hawkesy »

Bodø Glimt wrote:
coyote wrote:DIV1B wanderers were all over iggies in the 2nd half but could not finish . iggies took there chances what you think hawkesy
He'd probably say what he said with regards to Rangers v Fiorentina:
Hawkesy wrote:that's the beauty of football, the game is about putting the ball into the goal and not always does the best team win.
:D

In fact I even commented about that very game at the end. Wanderers were all over us but scoring goals gets you the points. Good to know my reputation precedes me
Wanderers Defender wrote:You're just Millwall supporting scum
:D
Things I am owed because they're too tight to pay up:

Colossus: One House

Costa: One Lunch

Oh and add in

Colossus: one photo and one letter from his "attorney".

AHOS
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by AHOS »

Bodø Glimt wrote:Saturday division 2:

A's: Fc Adelaide 4 Adelaide Budapest 4
B's: Fc Adelaide 4 Adelaide Budapest 0

Firstly I have to ask, should club linemans be smoking whilst running the flag? Should they be drinking whilst doing it? Should they be chatting on a mobile phone whilst doing it? Should they be coaching their players whilst doing it?

I would say no to all of these, but I saw all of this in one reserves match today.

The first team game was quite a surprise. With the home side 4-0 up ten minutes into the second half you would have thought game over, but Budapest fought back to make a game of it. They finished with ten men after their keeper from the first half was sent off. After his berating of the referee at half time he continued in the second half and it was only a matter of time before he'd get his second red card. The only surprise was it didn't come sooner. Perhaps the same team was a bit lucky not to have a second player sent off for a dangerous foul from behind.

A stoppage time penalty made it 4-4 and even that went in off the bar. It made for an interesting finish and I was stuck in between to two sets of fans so it was interesting to see the noise suddenly shift from my right hand side to my left hand side.
A black day for FCA :(

Budapest fought back well but how we let that lead slip is beyond belief!

Budapest are a great bunch of lads and stayed to have a drink with us later.

I saw the linesmen swap. This was because the linesman needed to get ready to keep in the A's. Neither of our guys were smoking or drinking though.

For a reserves match it's often spectators who volunteer to run the line from week to week. Unfortunately they don't always take the task as seriously as they should.

Cheers for coming and watching our game. Let us know next time your coming to the ground and we'll shout you a beer and a shaslick!

Hawkesy
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Hawkesy »

Bodø Glimt wrote:B's: Fc Adelaide 4 Adelaide Budapest 0
Have they still got a 70 year old playing for them?

Oh and add in

AHOS
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by AHOS »

Hawkesy wrote:
Mate there are some real Old Schoolers in that team!

Missing Post Count
Coach
Coach

AHOS wrote:I saw the linesmen swap. This was because the linesman needed to get ready to keep in the A's. Neither of our guys were smoking or drinking though.

For a reserves match it's often spectators who volunteer to run the line from week to week. Unfortunately they don't always take the task as seriously as they should.

Cheers for coming and watching our game. Let us know next time your coming to the ground and we'll shout you a beer and a shaslick!
No, your guys weren't drinking or smoking, but he was the one on the mobile phone (and he didn't keep in the A's). I'd have been quite happy to run the line if I was asked. I quite like doing it and do take it seriously. I only live around the corner so I'll probably be down there again to watch. I did try some of your food yesterday. I thought the same thing last year, but I'm surprised they let you set the barbeque up so close o the pitch.
Last edited by Missing Post Count on Sun May 04, 2008 10:12 am, edited 2 times in total.

Hawkesy
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Hawkesy »

AHOS wrote:
Hawkesy wrote:
Mate there are some real Old Schoolers in that team!
Last year they had a 67 year old playing for them.

Oh and add in

Missing Post Count
Coach
Coach

Hawkesy wrote:Last year they had a 67 year old playing for them.
They did have a couple yesterday.

The Roo
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by The Roo »

Jets no 7 you are an absolute imbecile!! I dont play for Navarino or necessarily like them, but your club is the worst in amateur soccer for racism, fights, deplorable behaviour, leaving mess at grounds... Just look at what you did at Wanderers last year.. Thats all you can say as an uneducated and moronic individual, wogs this, wogs that... Thats all you hear when anyone plays you, then you all sook and act like the victims...

John Cena
Star Player
Star Player

Post by John Cena »

Kitchimo wrote:Div 1A Wanderers 5 - 4 Old Ignatians (we were 1-4 up during the second half.... :shock: )
Div 3B McClaren Districts 3 - 2 Old Ignatians (we were 2-1 up but let them take over the last 25 mins).
hawkesy ready for a call up :mrgreen:

Hawkesy
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Hawkesy »

coyote wrote:
Kitchimo wrote:Div 1A Wanderers 5 - 4 Old Ignatians (we were 1-4 up during the second half.... :shock: )
It's only Gleeson next week, no need for the big guns for that one. :D

You're like a fine wine coyote, got better with age.

Oh and add in

ramosrules
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by ramosrules »

cove 1-2 flinders uni (A's)
First half very even with cove probably edging it and going in with a 1-0 lead, flinders regrouped and outplayed cove and should have scored more than 2 in the second half. Cove went down to 10 men with 10 min. remaining. That didn't stop them whinging for the whole 90 minutes, I've never heard a team of men moan so much!
cove 2-1 flinders uni(B's)
Cove dominated and were unlucky to go down 1-0 but got what the deserved in a victory. (second goal was a penalty that flinders players said was a bit soft, i didn't see it and im sure they aren't bias)
"IT LOOKS LIKE HODDLE HAS FOUND GOD, THAT MUST HAVE BEEN ONE HELL OF A PASS"

Hawkesy
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Hawkesy »

Raptors V Salisbury Inter C's 3-1
Raptors v ?? 4-1 ?? I think
Score was 1-1 at H/T in the B's when I left.

Oh and add in

Puma-Power
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Puma-Power »

adeliade puma B's 1 - 4 croatia

gud game , should of been better played by the pumas, but the croatian keeper n defender are both bit of air heads n shld keep their mouths shut.....
jst my thought

bovva boy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by bovva boy »

Downs lost 0-2...... Farm won 4-0

John Cena
Star Player
Star Player

Post by John Cena »

Hawkesy wrote:
coyote wrote:
It's only Gleeson next week, no need for the big guns for that one. :D

You're like a fine wine coyote, got better with age.
like you bud.......its good to be playing at the age of 43 :mrgreen:

tibbaw
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by tibbaw »

Vale: 4 - Lion: 2

chunky-monkey
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by chunky-monkey »