Pre Season finds

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

Monkey Boy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Pre Season finds

Post by Monkey Boy »

So most teams have began training in the past week or so.... Is anyone willing to unveil any suprise signings or sightings at training? Many players moving across from Feds this year? How are the plethora of new coaches going?

Feel free to include any Sunday or Saturday news.....

mahluf
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by mahluf »

only had two sessions . so far , so good. always wanted to be part of a plethora

Monkey Boy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Monkey Boy »

good word isnt it!!!!!

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

Monkey Boy wrote:good word isnt it!!!!!
Another couple of good words are Pan Troglodytes Schweinfyrthii, very descriptive.
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

I found that I'm not fit

coutinho10
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by coutinho10 »

i found a letter in my letter box and we are pleased to see we have chicken wings fri night..
LIVERPOOL FC *****

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

alm01 wrote:i found a letter in my letter box and we are pleased to see we have chicken wings fri night..
I might have to come down to a run aroun Friday night to then if the Chicken Wings are back on

waawaa
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by waawaa »

villas pizza oven is in top form and has picked up where it left off last year

BeNatural
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by BeNatural »

any new signings yet for the Vale or Downs?

grouse n' ice
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by grouse n' ice »

I found a nasty rash that just wont shift, I can't bend down without making a noise and my gentlemens vegtable actually work since there will be a little grouse on the way.

I also found out that trying to live like an alchoholic does not make you as skinny as one!!!!! I now have at least ten kilo's to shift before the new season! :cry:

Still, all those div one softco*ks will bend at the knee under the mighty beach. :wink: :lol: :) :D :wink: :lol: 8) 8)

Yes, I am drunk again as usual.
I am not an alchoholic. Alchoholics go to meetings!

Missing Post Count
Coach
Coach

Post by Missing Post Count »

Aren't we all?

Dallas Crane
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Dallas Crane »

Brian32 wrote:any new signings yet for the Vale or Downs?

No word yet on new players at Vale, Brian. We kick off pre season on the 6th of Feb so well soon find out. Had some good players retire last year, and lost B. Milosevic. Big boots to fill...
"We all play better after a few beers"
-Jeff Thompson.

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

Dallas Crane wrote:

No word yet on new players at Vale, Brian. We kick off pre season on the 6th of Feb so well soon find out. Had some good players retire last year, and lost B. Milosevic. Big boots to fill...
Brooksy staying at Vale or not playing after taking the coaching gig for Northern Demons?

Monkey Boy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Monkey Boy »

No mention about your possible new signings Jay?

Monkey Boy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Monkey Boy »

Branko will be a massive loss for vale, and if brooksy goes then they will struggle. Also if vale lose more players (Matho, nicolls?) to retirement they could certainly struggle....

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

Monkey Boy wrote:No mention about your possible new signings Jay?
Aloisi fell through when John Singleton offered him $500K to play at Central Coast.

We have a young lad from Para Hills who will hopefully be signing for us. A young Enfield player who's Dad use to play at the club will also hopefull be signing.

Outside of that the rest is talk at this stage. We are very keen to pick up a player but have to wait and see what he wants to do. We are bumping our offer up to 2 Diet Cokes a week as payment. Just have to wait and see

lefty
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by lefty »

Found our pitch at the Gardens in tip top shape probably the best its been (well done to the council). Hope some other pitches or sandpits are better this year.

De Voyeur
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by De Voyeur »

Jay Walking wrote:
Aloisi fell through when John Singleton offered him $500K to play at Central Coast.

We have a young lad from Para Hills who will hopefully be signing for us. A young Enfield player who's Dad use to play at the club will also hopefull be signing.

Outside of that the rest is talk at this stage. We are very keen to pick up a player but have to wait and see what he wants to do. We are bumping our offer up to 2 Diet Cokes a week as payment. Just have to wait and see
2 Diet Cokes!!!!! I'm yours.

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

East 17 wrote:
Jay Walking wrote:

2 Diet Cokes!!!!! I'm yours.
You should of held out for a Killer Python!

cleveland
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by cleveland »

Ive found a few Pre seasons this year none big enough to keep had to throw them all back
cleveland rocks!

nugget66
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by nugget66 »

Jay Walking wrote:
Dallas Crane wrote:

Brooksy staying at Vale or not playing after taking the coaching gig for Northern Demons?
told you Jay Brook$ to the Down$

Monkey Boy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Monkey Boy »

2 diet cokes ? You may have to up the anti seeing as the "greatest team in the world" are paying a minimum of $300 a game!!!

Dos Santos
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Dos Santos »

Jay Walking wrote:

Names??

Monkey Boy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Monkey Boy »

Young Enfield player being Michael McGivern?

marooned
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by marooned »

nuggett 66 suggested that the downs pay better money than most

nugget your a twat, no player has ever played at the Downs for $$$$ they play at the Downs for reasons you will never know, and you will never know because instead of sorting a championship winning team out you will hide behind your pathetic argument that $$$ wins leagues. get over it ,get on with it, sort out your club and leave others to get on with their job., i wont even mention your whinging seven a side team that pulled out halfway through the comp because of petty reasons .My prediction for 2008 Parafield to drop drown to div 2. :P :P :P :P sheesh mabye those Caronas did do the trick? Uncle Cracker I cant wait till we meet again and I drink your club dry. Hang on ??? sorry that was the other way round you drunk us dry, you are a drinking machine. Hope we get you home in the first 5 games.

Lion Tamer
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Lion Tamer »

marooned wrote:nuggett 66 suggested that the downs pay better money than most

nugget your a twat, no player has ever played at the Downs for $$$$ they play at the Downs for reasons you will never know, and you will never know because instead of sorting a championship winning team out you will hide behind your pathetic argument that $$$ wins leagues. get over it ,get on with it, sort out your club and leave others to get on with their job., i wont even mention your whinging seven a side team that pulled out halfway through the comp because of petty reasons .My prediction for 2008 Parafield to drop drown to div 2. :P :P :P :P sheesh mabye those Caronas did do the trick? Uncle Cracker I cant wait till we meet again and I drink your club dry. Hang on ??? sorry that was the other way round you drunk us dry, you are a drinking machine. Hope we get you home in the first 5 games.
Its amazing what beating the reigning premiers at home does for your thirst! Maybe you should let a few more teams win at your ground and see what it does for your drink takings. :D

club man
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by club man »

MONEY WINS PLAYERS AND LEAGUES
LOYALTY NO LONGER EXISTS

De Voyeur
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by De Voyeur »

Monkey Boy wrote:Young Enfield player being Michael McGivern?
That young lad is quick. He played at the East for a couple of seasons.

TheWingBack
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by TheWingBack »

Everyone does realise that we do play this game for fun right? It's not as if we can make a living out of it (OK maybe Pontians can if you believe the rumours :) ) and we all have to go to work on Monday.

It just seems some people are more focussed on "buying" players/championships than actually building quality club teams, improving and taking the enjoyment from achieving your own goals. At the end of the season there is only 1 divisional winner, but that doesn't mean the other 9 teams are losers.

My team last year for example ended the season 5th and from the club perspective we achieved our goals with a young and inexperienced squad and the players were pretty happy with the results we ground out through perserverence, grit and teamwork.

So let's not all get over the top on this buying players and if you're not first you're a loser attitude as it's not true and if we all think that way, just look at all the "losers" you'd find in your normal daily life and you'll realise we just playing amatuers and not everyone has the same goals every year.

Mr X
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Mr X »

J5 wrote:Everyone does realise that we do play this game for fun right? It's not as if we can make a living out of it (OK maybe Pontians can if you believe the rumours :) ) and we all have to go to work on Monday.

It just seems some people are more focussed on "buying" players/championships than actually building quality club teams, improving and taking the enjoyment from achieving your own goals. At the end of the season there is only 1 divisional winner, but that doesn't mean the other 9 teams are losers.

My team last year for example ended the season 5th and from the club perspective we achieved our goals with a young and inexperienced squad and the players were pretty happy with the results we ground out through perserverence, grit and teamwork.

So let's not all get over the top on this buying players and if you're not first you're a loser attitude as it's not true and if we all think that way, just look at all the "losers" you'd find in your normal daily life and you'll realise we just playing amatuers and not everyone has the same goals every year.
My Team finished 5th - not so sure we met our goals but were happy to stay up after a bad start to the season, so I guess we are "losers"