Sokratis Papastathopoulos

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

The Kop
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Sokratis Papastathopoulos

Post by The Kop »

Is a friggin gun!

No need to reply to this anyone, i just wanna have it on record when he moves to a Real Madrid, Milan or Man United for around 15million in a couple of years.

:wink: carry on.

Caramelas13
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Caramelas13 »

How old is he and who does he play for? Will he be in the Euro 2008 squad?

Benni Stogolo
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Benni Stogolo »

Sokratis Papastathopoulos was born on June 9, 1988 in Kalamata. He is a Greek football player currently playing for AEK Athens FC. He is regarded as the next big thing in Greek football. He plays at centre back but can also play as a defensive midfielder. Comparisons are already being made between him and Tony Adams (footballer) while AEK fans already consider him as the next Stelios Manolas. In the summer of 2006 he was linked with a move to Wigan Athletic F.C. while other big clubs such as Juventus, Chelsea, Arsenal as well as Liverpool watched him closely. Papastathopoulos is under contract with AEK until June 2008.Sokratis is expected to sign for Arsenal in either january or in summer 2008.
Papastathopoulos made his debut for AEK in the 2005-2006 Greek Cup against PAS Giannina. AEK won this game 3-0 with Sokratis scoring the first goal of the game.

During the 2006-2007 Greek Super League, Papastathopoulos managed to make 14 appearances whilst competing against the likes of Bruno Cirillo, Traianos Dellas and Vaggelis Moras.

In AEK's UEFA Champions League 2006-2007 campaign, Papastathopoulos managed to play in 3 out of AEK's 6 group games. In these games where Sokratis played, AEK managed 1 win (the famous 1-0 victory of A.C. Milan), 1 draw (the 2-2 away draw with R.S.C. Anderlecht) and one loss (the 3-1 away defeat to Lille OSC). Unfortunately, AEK missed out to progress to the round of 16 by 1 point.

At the 2007 UEFA European Under-19 Football Championship in Austria, Papastathopoulos was captain of the Greece National Under 19 Football Team but controversially missed out on the final against Spain due to a suspension. Sokratis picked up his second yellow card of the tournament against Germany in the semi-final, following up on his first yellow card against Austria in the group stage. The Hellenic Football Federation tried to appeal the yellow card to UEFA but were rejected. The match referee of the Germany game, Kevin Blom, apologized to Papastathopoulos for giving him the yellow, as it was later shown on video that it was not a booking. Papastathopoulos was a key figure of Greece's defensive line and was sorely missed in the final.

the bonus is he's from Kalamata... there's also talk he'll be heading to euro 08 with the senior team... good luck to the lad..
"Because Only We, Contrary To The Barbarians,
Never Count The Enemy In Battle"

AESCHYLUS
(FATHER OF TRAGEDY)

Caramelas13
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Caramelas13 »

Should have known he plays for AEK with "The Kop" posting it!!!!!

Benni Stogolo
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Benni Stogolo »

exactly...
"Because Only We, Contrary To The Barbarians,
Never Count The Enemy In Battle"

AESCHYLUS
(FATHER OF TRAGEDY)

The Kop
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by The Kop »

Of course he is AEK!!!....... :wink:

19 years of age. Debuted for AEK at 16, debuted champions league at 18.
Captain of the Greek u/19 team, vice of the u/21s.
Will be in Greece's Euro squad.

Is AEK's best player by a country mile. Better than Rivaldo, Lymberopoulos, Dellas etc etc. His interception and 45yard run from defence to win the foul setup the winning goal for AEK on the weekend.

He will be Greece's best ever defender (Manolas even said that), and one of Europe's elite.
Mark my words........Hence the topic 8)

olympiakos
Star Player
Star Player

Post by olympiakos »

yeh ok.............

kop only sees AEK, nothing else, if its AEK its good, if its anything else its crap, getting boring to be honest with u kop, this guy is not that good, but if u say he is then ok lets agree with u

To Mati
Star Player
Star Player

Post by To Mati »

Hasn't Arsenal already approached him??

barbarez01
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by barbarez01 »

O TSIGGANOS wrote:Hasn't Arsenal already approached him??
fck no!
Sejad Salihovic!!

Le King
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Le King »

olympiakos wrote:yeh ok.............

kop only sees AEK, nothing else, if its AEK its good, if its anything else its crap, getting boring to be honest with u kop, this guy is not that good, but if u say he is then ok lets agree with u
same can b sed about u in regards to this comment, if its not olympiakos its crap...

olympiakos
Star Player
Star Player

Post by olympiakos »

MUFCBOY wrote:

same can b sed about u in regards to this comment, if its not olympiakos its crap...
i have praised aek many times mate, i can understand u are defending ur boyfriend

Paleon Patros Germanos
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Paleon Patros Germanos »

Hang on Olympiakos hang on a minute.

The kid is from Kalamata, he has to be good. We have never produced a dud in our life!!!
Agia Lavra 1821!

The Kop
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by The Kop »

ok whatever :wink:
hence the point of this topic, im going on record now to say he will be Greece's best ever defender. The man whom that crown belongs to (the great Stelios Manolas) said that 3 years ago when he first saw Papastathopoulos play.

Best on ground by a country mile vs Fiorentina (embarrased Vieri).
Best on ground by a country mile vs Aris (embarrased Koke).

He is that good and a bag of chips, and you'll be eating your words. Guaranteed.

So bash away. I cant say i wont bring this topic up in a few years when he signs for a big club.

PS For the record, i see good things for Mendrinos for your team. Mitroglou has yet to convicne me, but that Mendrinos kid has bucketloads of talent.

Le King
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Le King »

olympiakos wrote:
MUFCBOY wrote:

i have praised aek many times mate, i can understand u are defending ur boyfriend
hey mate i think u dropped sumfin........ ur handbag

The Kop
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by The Kop »

barbarez01 wrote:
O TSIGGANOS wrote:Hasn't Arsenal already approached him??
fck no!
yep.

Wenger sent Grimandi to watch him last season. Ferguson sent his brother.

Both clubs made approaches in summer that were rejected. His contract expires in July 08. And both clubs (along with Inter (who were at the AEK-Aris game on the weekend) and Juventus) are waiting to see if he signs a new deal.

olympiakos
Star Player
Star Player

Post by olympiakos »

MUFCBOY wrote:
olympiakos wrote:
MUFCBOY wrote:

hey mate i think u dropped sumfin........ ur handbag
i dont use handbags

Paleon Patros Germanos
Star Player
Star Player

How about a manbag???

It is European (I love Seinfeld)
Agia Lavra 1821!

olympiakos
Star Player
Star Player

Post by olympiakos »

Paleon Patros Germanos wrote:How about a manbag???

It is European (I love Seinfeld)
manbags are quite useful, but for the record i dont use one..... :oops:

Motley
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Motley »

the sooner he leaves aek and goes to the Thrillo the better.
ELLAS KINGS OF EURO 2004

Its who your mates are.

--------------------

olympiakos
Star Player
Star Player

Post by olympiakos »

Motley wrote:the sooner he leaves aek and goes to the Thrillo the better.
hahhahahaha

Ray Parlour
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Ray Parlour »

Paleon Patros Germanos wrote:Hang on Olympiakos hang on a minute.

The kid is from Kalamata, he has to be good. We have never produced a dud in our life!!!
LOL so true...

re a kalamata boy playing for Arsenal.....could it get any better for me???

KOP im hoping he is in tony adams' league and ends up at arsenal!
http://www.fastfootball.net - live football news & scores from around the world in one fast loading page

*NHS has announced that all sperm banks in Manchester & West London will close over the next few days as all the chardonnays will be in Moscow

The Kop
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by The Kop »

Called up to the national team for the upcoming friendlies.

Will most certainly earn his inagural senior cap at age 19.
For Rehhagel -who persists with players over 30- to callup a 19 year old he must be pretty shiraz good.

The Kop
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by The Kop »

Juventus sent scouts to Athens to watch the derby AEK-PAO with an eye on Sokrati.

The one and only
Star Player
Star Player

Post by The one and only »

Benni Stogolo wrote:Sokratis Papastathopoulos was born on June 9, 1988 in Kalamata. He is a Greek football player currently playing for AEK Athens FC. He is regarded as the next big thing in Greek football. He plays at centre back but can also play as a defensive midfielder. Comparisons are already being made between him and Tony Adams (footballer) while AEK fans already consider him as the next Stelios Manolas. In the summer of 2006 he was linked with a move to Wigan Athletic F.C. while other big clubs such as Juventus, Chelsea, Arsenal as well as Liverpool watched him closely. Papastathopoulos is under contract with AEK until June 2008.Sokratis is expected to sign for Arsenal in either january or in summer 2008.
Papastathopoulos made his debut for AEK in the 2005-2006 Greek Cup against PAS Giannina. AEK won this game 3-0 with Sokratis scoring the first goal of the game.

During the 2006-2007 Greek Super League, Papastathopoulos managed to make 14 appearances whilst competing against the likes of Bruno Cirillo, Traianos Dellas and Vaggelis Moras.

In AEK's UEFA Champions League 2006-2007 campaign, Papastathopoulos managed to play in 3 out of AEK's 6 group games. In these games where Sokratis played, AEK managed 1 win (the famous 1-0 victory of A.C. Milan), 1 draw (the 2-2 away draw with R.S.C. Anderlecht) and one loss (the 3-1 away defeat to Lille OSC). Unfortunately, AEK missed out to progress to the round of 16 by 1 point.

At the 2007 UEFA European Under-19 Football Championship in Austria, Papastathopoulos was captain of the Greece National Under 19 Football Team but controversially missed out on the final against Spain due to a suspension. Sokratis picked up his second yellow card of the tournament against Germany in the semi-final, following up on his first yellow card against Austria in the group stage. The Hellenic Football Federation tried to appeal the yellow card to UEFA but were rejected. The match referee of the Germany game, Kevin Blom, apologized to Papastathopoulos for giving him the yellow, as it was later shown on video that it was not a booking. Papastathopoulos was a key figure of Greece's defensive line and was sorely missed in the final.

the bonus is he's from Kalamata... there's also talk he'll be heading to euro 08 with the senior team... good luck to the lad..
same birthday as me :D
or same day 9th of june :D
I speak nothing but the truth

The Kop
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: Sokratis Papastathopoulos

Post by The Kop »

The Kop wrote:Is a friggin gun!

No need to reply to this anyone, i just wanna have it on record when he moves to a Real Madrid, Milan or Man United for around 15million in a couple of years.

BUMP!
Close-I was only 3m off.

Judge Judy
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by Judge Judy »

Good work Kop
Ingle Farm Amateur Soccer Club
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ifasc
Facebook: http://facebook.com/ifasc

El Capitano
Star Player
Star Player

Post by El Capitano »

Yeah, I'm gonna have to pay this one.
Feel Good Inc.

Paleon Patros Germanos
Star Player
Star Player

The Kop wrote:

BUMP!
Close-I was only 3m off.
You are the Craig Foster of Greece
Agia Lavra 1821!

ruud
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by ruud »

Paleon Patros Germanos wrote:
The Kop wrote:

BUMP!
Close-I was only 3m off.
You are the Craig Foster of Greece
so hes a chardonnay?

El Pibe D'Oro
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by El Pibe D'Oro »

Apparently Milan have stitched the deal up already. Loan for the first season and then 7 million euro payment.

Napoli on the verge of completing a deal for Cavani from Palermo - please let this be true!!!!