MEN IN TIGHTS????

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

BULLDOG
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

MEN IN TIGHTS????

Post by BULLDOG »

Seems to be a rising trend these days to see fellow players.....men.....some with facial hair........some without......some sporting six a pack........others kegs........wearing tights, tights i say.
now i may be old fashioned and old school but......well.......yeeeehaaaaa.....broke back mountain.......back in my day you had to scrape the snow off the horse paddock before the game...and not a pair of tights to be seen.
i know times there are a changing.

whatever next......gloves aswell perhaps????????
onoir diomasack

mackem in blue
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by mackem in blue »

Last edited by mackem in blue on Sat Jun 23, 2007 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I firmly believe that any mans finest hour - his greatest fulfillment to all he holds dear...... Is that moment when he has played his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the filed of battle....Victorious"

DOWNS LAD
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by DOWNS LAD »

mackem in blue u r gay

nugget66
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by nugget66 »

Bulldog i'm with you :roll:

mackem in blue
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by mackem in blue »

Last edited by mackem in blue on Sat Jun 23, 2007 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I firmly believe that any mans finest hour - his greatest fulfillment to all he holds dear...... Is that moment when he has played his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the filed of battle....Victorious"

nugget66
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by nugget66 »

i'm a sh*t player too but i dont wear them, but i did get the flu :cry:

mackem in blue
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by mackem in blue »

Last edited by mackem in blue on Sat Jun 23, 2007 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Los Del Eague
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Los Del Eague »

mackem in blue wrote: biomechanically tested compression garments
My muscat :wink:
The young boys said unto him....."go up baldhead, go up"......so he did, rose like a salmon and nodded the ball into the net......1 nil! :-)

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

i did notice one of the vista boys in long sleeves and gloves on the weekend. was told that he wears his tights to training. if you ask me, players that need to wear that stuff. arent working hard enough on the park :)

Chestnut
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Chestnut »

and how comfortable i was wearing long sleeves and gloves, i pity the fools not wearing them on cold days. Theory: Whats the first thing you do when finishing a game, take your boots off. How hard is it on cold days to get the fingers moving the get the laces off. If i can take the attention away from my other team mates from the crowd to want to "try" and banta with me, then i'm happy. I can take, its all good. Onthepissagain, as i explained to you on the weekend, mum washing once a week, so my tights were still wet from training, i apologise!
The guy formerly known as "Sweet Mate Productions"

De Voyeur
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by De Voyeur »

Chestnut, I think onthepiss was probably close to the mark though when he said you weren't working hard enough. You are not exactly known for working hard off the ball. However, with the amount of time you spend diving to the floor I thought the gloves might be to prevent your hands from getting dirty.

Chestnut
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Chestnut »

your a funny man aren't you East 17???, i not exactly known for actually having the ball either!!!! My fitness is a key component of my game, as you would know, i like to think i know when to use it to the best benefit of myself and the team

sidopolous
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by sidopolous »

Tights = rose

Where are the real men?
I believe I saw Terry "Onthepissagain" Butcher on the weekend with a bandaged head after a head clash with Borat. We need more of that kind of stuff.
And get rid of those gay coloured boots you bunch of uphill gardners :D

sidopolous
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by sidopolous »

p00fta got replaced by rose....WTF

Ronnie#10
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Ronnie#10 »

I wear the gloves sometimes at training but I would'nt ever wear them or tights to play in. I think they'd be pretty unconfortable. Dont know how people can wear them to be honest.
TEA TREE GULLY CITY 2007 DIV 2 RESERVES CHAMPIONS!

Hammer Down Under
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Tights ?

Post by Hammer Down Under »

Does anyone know the "alleged" scientific reason for wearing these things ? (Besides landing a starring role in Midsummer Nights Dream obviously !!)
I don't think I'll ever marry again, next time I'll just find a woman I hate and buy her a house !! - Rod Stewart.

Lion Tamer
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Lion Tamer »

I'm man enough to admit it........... I wear gloves at most training sessions and all games. :lol:

Chestnut
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Chestnut »

me, i'm a big fan of the gloves, keeps hands warm....and if you don't wash them, they stink and opposing team hate you man marking them!!!!

Olympic (Vista) Bhoy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Olympic (Vista) Bhoy »

Chestnut wrote:me, i'm a big fan of the gloves, keeps hands warm....and if you don't wash them, they stink and opposing team hate you man marking them!!!!
I'm wearing a six strap suspender belt and fishnet stockings this week. I think the hairs on my legs poking through the fish nets are a great look. Although with my lesgs I might need whale nets.

"He's a lumberjack and he's OK
He sleeps all night and he works all day.

I cut down trees, I wear high heels
Suspenders and a bra.
I wish I'd been a girlie, just like my dear Papa!!"

:lol:

LFTWNG11
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by LFTWNG11 »

Nothing wrong with the long sleeves!!! Except I just go through cheap long sleeve bonds tops instead of the skins... :lol:

grouse n' ice
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by grouse n' ice »

Vista_Bhoy Posted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 1:35 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chestnut wrote:
me, i'm a big fan of the gloves, keeps hands warm....and if you don't wash them, they stink and opposing team hate you man marking them!!!!

I'm wearing a six strap suspender belt and fishnet stockings this week. I think the hairs on my legs poking through the fish nets are a great look. Although with my lesgs I might need whale nets.
Stop it vista bhoy! Your giving me a semi.

Seriously though, I think you'll prefer the all-in-one fishnet body stocking. I find that you don't get the belts digging into you during slide tackles. :P
I am not an alchoholic. Alchoholics go to meetings!

diegom
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by diegom »

Skins are good for when coming back from injury, or preventing an injury re heat compression.
Training in thid fricken cold, go the tracky dacks and rain/spray jackets

Spellow House
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Spellow House »

Your ALL a bunch of jessies!!!!!!!
EVERTONIANS ARE BORN, NOT MANUFACTURED. WE DO NOT CHOOSE, WE ARE CHOSEN. THOSE WHO UNDERSTAND, NEED NO EXPLANATION. THOSE WHO DONT....DONT MATTER!

BULLDOG
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by BULLDOG »

now i must be honest..
i've just joined an ameteur dramatic society
i'm the lead role in "robin hood men in tights"and i'm struggling for men....but seems there's heaps out there, if one wants a part pm me anytime.........i also like long walks along the beach and romantic evening in watching old time musicals......YOU MOB OF BATTY BOYS.
onoir diomasack

BULLDOG
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by BULLDOG »

[quote="sidopolous"]Tights = rose

Where are the real men?
I believe I saw Terry "Onthepissagain" Butcher on the weekend with a bandaged head after a head clash with Borat. We need more of that kind of stuff.
And get rid of those gay coloured boots you bunch of uphill gardners :D[/quote
funny that as we were fliying into adelaide airport sunday avro, i said to the captain to maintain our height before desending, next minute there was a loud thud on the underneath of the plane, see i says weast beach are at home today you've just hit onthepissagain. :lol: :lol:
onoir diomasack

Olympic (Vista) Bhoy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Spellow House wrote:Your ALL a bunch of jessies!!!!!!!
Was that her name mate? :lol:

Jessie is a friend, yeah
I know he's been a good friend of mine
But lately something's changed
That ain't hard to define
Jessie's got himself a girl
And I want to make her mine

And she's watching him with those eyes
And she's lovin' him with that body
I just know it
Yeah 'n' he's holding her in his arms
Late, late at night

You know, I wish that I had Jessie's girl
I wish that I had Jessie's girl
Where can I find a woman like that

I play along with the charade
there doesn't seem to be a reason to change
You know, I feel so dirty
When they start talking cute
I wanna tell her that I love her
But the point is probably mute

'Cos she's watching him with those eyes
And she's lovin' him with that body
I just know it
And he's holding her in his arms
Late, late at night

You know, I wish that I had Jessie's girl

Like Jessie's girl
Where can I find a woman

And I'm lookin' in the mirror all the time
Wondering what she don't see in me
I've been funny
I've been cool with the lines
Ain't that the way love supposed to be

sidopolous
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by sidopolous »

Vista_Bhoy wrote:Was that her name mate? :lol:
Ha ha ha....dirty ole slappa......I mean Spellow :lol: Good work

Olympic (Vista) Bhoy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

sidopolous wrote:
Vista_Bhoy wrote:Was that her name mate? :lol:
Ha ha ha....dirty ole slappa......I mean Spellow :lol: Good work
Aye, aye! Its lambing season soon. My favourite time of the the year 8)

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

BULLDOG wrote:
sidopolous wrote:Tights = rose

Where are the real men?
And get rid of those gay coloured boots you bunch of uphill gardners :D[/quote
funny that as we were fliying into adelaide airport sunday avro, i said to the captain to maintain our height before desending, next minute there was a loud thud on the underneath of the plane, see i says weast beach are at home today you've just hit onthepissagain. :lol: :lol:

bloody low flying planes. will have to start wearing a red flashing light on my head. and no, grouse n ice. that doesnt mean im open for business :lol: . by the way bulldog, heard chestnut singing
we're men ,we're men in tights
we roam all over the forest looking for fights
we're men , we're men in tights

Los Del Eague
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Los Del Eague »

Ronnie#10 wrote:I wear the gloves sometimes at training but I would'nt ever wear them or tights to play in. I think they'd be pretty unconfortable. Dont know how people can wear them to be honest.
Oh I dunno Ronnie......... a nice pair of 44 denier in Champagne or Natural can be really comfortable around the nose and they do give my complexion a bit of a compliment :wink:
The young boys said unto him....."go up baldhead, go up"......so he did, rose like a salmon and nodded the ball into the net......1 nil! :-)