okay what about an Aust Greatest XI

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

Fiasco
Squad Player
Squad Player

okay what about an Aust Greatest XI

Post by Fiasco »

This is a little harder to construct, as our history is not as big as other big countries, but this is what i have some up with, taking into consideration, players getting us to world cups, helping us in world cups, and playing abroad...

------------Bosnich

---Wade Tobin Tvidmar neil

Avidmar Warren bresciano
-------------cahill

---------Farina kewell

Subs:
Lazaridis
Okon
Ivanovic
Grella
Aloisi
Schwarzer
ImageImage

Le King
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Le King »

surely laz would have to start!
hes been consistant for 10 yrs in that national team!

paul merson
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by paul merson »

------------Bosnich

---T Viddy Tobin Ivanovic neil

Avidmar Warren johnston
-------------childs

---------Farina kewell

Cerveza
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Cerveza »

no dukes even on the bench

Fiasco
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Fiasco »

MUFCBOY wrote:surely laz would have to start!
hes been consistant for 10 yrs in that national team!
yeah that was a hard decision, what would be your XI?
ImageImage

Fiasco
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Fiasco »

Cerveza wrote:no dukes even on the bench
i know that he was captain in the WC, i know he had a specific job also, but he didnt score goals. has done well abroad. yeah, probaly should be on the bench though....
ImageImage

El Pocho Lavezzi
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by El Pocho Lavezzi »

i agree with paul merson, ivanovic has to start

adriano10
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by adriano10 »

im glad people put Mark Bosnich in the team...at the end of the day he was our best keeper. he was the reason good keepers like Schwarzer and Kalac couldn't get a run...unfortunately people will remember him for the excesses he couldnt stay away from but he was one of the best keepers around during his time...

good to see people remembering him for his freak-of-nature goalkeeping...

joker
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by joker »

a vidmar..i have my doubts or short memory

no zelic? i thought he did good '94 :lol:

candyman
Star Player
Star Player

Post by candyman »

Goalkeeper i would have is Robbie Zabica
AND REMEMBER IF ANYONE CAN-THE CANDYMAN CAN

Valentino
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Valentino »

Healy, McGrath, Thompson, McDermott, Lillee, M Waugh, S Waugh, Border, Ponting, Hayden, Bradman.

Motley
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Motley »

The most talented player this country has ever produced is John Markovski. I would have him in my starting 11 no matter what.
ELLAS KINGS OF EURO 2004

Its who your mates are.

--------------------

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Wade

Post by ozzie owl »

No way would I have Paul Wade.

INTERISTA
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by INTERISTA »

whod captain..tobin?

sepultura
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by sepultura »

jeff olver

ivanovic / flounders (C) / shillabeer / tobin

crino / davidson / muscat / kewell

andy harper / maxwell

Valentino
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Valentino »

i think i would have myself as captain

COLOSSUS
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by COLOSSUS »

you guys are way off the mark.

Zabica
Ivanovic
Yankos
Tobin
Lazaridis
Perin
Rasic
Warren (C)
Kewell
Kosmina
Farina

Now that is one of the greatest 11 Australian Sides ever and there are still a few who have been left out. Martyn Crook in goals could of easily have made it but i rate Zabica as one of the Greatest keepers in the World in his time, only probably W. Zenga and P.Schmeichel were as good or better maybe in the same era. Plenty more players i could name but ill be here longer than i have :D

A. Vidmar and M. Viduka dont even come close to being selected in this side, Not even close. They wouldnt even make my 10 best bench warmers for Australia, no disrespect but some of you guys are probably too young to remember some of the older kodgers from the past who were way better than the 2 mentioned above :D
Hawkesy wrote:COLOSSUS...........Congratulations, you have won the title fair a square.

PLEASE WELCOME THE NEW WNID UP KING

The Kop
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by The Kop »

Colossus, are you kidding me??
You would put an NSL keeper whos only overseas adventure was with Bradford City for a couple of games as the 3rd BEST OF HIS ERA.....IN THE WORLD!!

:shock: :shock:

COLOSSUS
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by COLOSSUS »

The Kop wrote:Colossus, are you kidding me??
You would put an NSL keeper whos only overseas adventure was with Bradford City for a couple of games as the 3rd BEST OF HIS ERA.....IN THE WORLD!!

:shock: :shock:
Dont be shocked Kop, Robert Zabica was one of the greates keepers in the world in his time and thats no crap. You must remember that to play overseas you have to have especially in Zabicas time have gone their from a very young age and still today we lose players to overseas at young ages because the Europeans like to develop them in their own way. Can you name any goalkeepers that were better than Zabica in his time apart from Walter Zenga and Peter Schmeichel??? There might be a couple but that would be it. In my opinion, Zabica was better than Bosnich although a few might disagree.
Hawkesy wrote:COLOSSUS...........Congratulations, you have won the title fair a square.

sepultura
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by sepultura »

Geoffery Wayne Zacariah Olver.

vertu1
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by vertu1 »

home

------------Schwartzer

---Tvidmar--- Tobin---Ivanovic---neil---

---------Warren --bresciano------

Avidmar-----------------------kewell
----------------cahill-------------------

---------------Viduka-------------------

away

------------Schwartzer

---Tvidmar--- Tobin---Ivanovic---neil---

----Muscat-----Warren --bresciano------

---------cahill---------kewell-----------

---------------Viduka-------------------

Paleon Patros Germanos
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Paleon Patros Germanos »

Bosnich, Ivanovic, Neill, Wilson, Crino, Okon, Grella, Kewell, Johnstone, Warren and JOHN DEDES
Agia Lavra 1821!

PENALTY 5
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by PENALTY 5 »

What about Damian Mori, he is Australia's leading goal scorer

g8crshr
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by g8crshr »

Bosnich

Neill
Ivanovic
Tobin
Vidmar

Okon
Bresciano
Warren
Kewell

Viduka
Baartz

Piola
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Piola »

Fans Corner on The World Game is running a poll for the all time Socceroos World Cup XI. This week you can vote for the keeper

http://www.theworldgame.com.au/wgtv/#

Options are -
Ron Corry (1967-73) 33 caps
Jim Fraser (1973-74) 10 caps
Terry Greedy (1983-85) 36 caps
Mark Bosnich (1990-2000) 22 caps 1 goal
Mark Schwarzer (1993-present) 45 caps

Željko Jurin
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Željko Jurin »

COLOSSUS wrote:you guys are way off the mark.

Zabica
Ivanovic
Yankos
Tobin
Lazaridis
Perin
Rasic
Warren (C)
Kewell
Kosmina
Farina

Now that is one of the greatest 11 Australian Sides ever and there are still a few who have been left out. Martyn Crook in goals could of easily have made it but i rate Zabica as one of the Greatest keepers in the World in his time, only probably W. Zenga and P.Schmeichel were as good or better maybe in the same era. Plenty more players i could name but ill be here longer than i have :D

A. Vidmar and M. Viduka dont even come close to being selected in this side, Not even close. They wouldnt even make my 10 best bench warmers for Australia, no disrespect but some of you guys are probably too young to remember some of the older kodgers from the past who were way better than the 2 mentioned above :D
So you, and many others, are saying Kewell has done more for his country then Viduka ?????? Please, give me a break

Or is Kewell in there because of club performances, hence so should Viduka then be too. PLUS, Viduka has done heaps more for his country, been there every time they have needed him.
Or, if some of you are saying that Viduka isnt in there because hasnt scored enough goals for Aust, then you would be putting Mori in there because he is the greatest Aussie goal scorer.

We could argue for and against many players all day, this is just one that I deeply believe in, Viduka definately IN !!!!
Spot Željko Jurin Jnr ......

g8crshr
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by g8crshr »

i was thinkin best in terms of ability. otherwise id go with schwarzer instead of bosnich etc.

COLOSSUS
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by COLOSSUS »

Zeljko Jurin wrote:

Zabica
Ivanovic
Yankos
Tobin
Lazaridis
Perin
Rasic
Warren (C)
Kewell
Kosmina
Farina

So you, and many others, are saying Kewell has done more for his country then Viduka ?????? Please, give me a break

Or is Kewell in there because of club performances, hence so should Viduka then be too. PLUS, Viduka has done heaps more for his country, been there every time they have needed him.
Or, if some of you are saying that Viduka isnt in there because hasnt scored enough goals for Aust, then you would be putting Mori in there because he is the greatest Aussie goal scorer.

We could argue for and against many players all day, this is just one that I deeply believe in, Viduka definately IN !!!!
I respect your opinion and quiet honestly i dont think anyone could agree on the same 11 because there are too many players to choose from. However whilst Viduka has served the country well and good on him because i support anyone that puts on the FootballROOS jumper, he wouldnt be in my starting 11 and wouldnt even make my bench but thats only MY opinion. Ive got Timmy Cahill on my bench where many others would have him in the starting 11, its a case of everyone to themselves dude, no disrespect intended :D

Željko Jurin
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Željko Jurin »

COLOSSUS wrote:
Zeljko Jurin wrote:

Zabica
Ivanovic
Yankos
Tobin
Lazaridis
Perin
Rasic
Warren (C)
Kewell
Kosmina
Farina

I respect your opinion and quiet honestly i dont think anyone could agree on the same 11 because there are too many players to choose from. However whilst Viduka has served the country well and good on him because i support anyone that puts on the FootballROOS jumper, he wouldnt be in my starting 11 and wouldnt even make my bench but thats only MY opinion. Ive got Timmy Cahill on my bench where many others would have him in the starting 11, its a case of everyone to themselves dude, no disrespect intended :D
None taken, we're all entitled to our opinions

But Cahill on the bench and Viduka not even....that's another shocker
Spot Željko Jurin Jnr ......

Cantona Seven
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Cantona Seven »

paul merson wrote:------------Bosnich

---T Viddy Tobin Ivanovic neil

Avidmar Warren johnston
-------------childs

---------Farina kewell
Id probably play myself on the left to be fair.