Results 29-30 July

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

Judge Judy
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by Judge Judy »

well in florina, i'd say they're a shoe in to avoid the drop. they should be much further from the bottom than they are having missed many close results earlier on in the season.

players beginning to return from injury now, so i expect them to string a few more results together :!:
Ingle Farm Amateur Soccer Club
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ifasc
Facebook: http://facebook.com/ifasc

East Boy
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by East Boy »

easties 2 - Vista 1

Great game yesterday and i enjoyed the whole 90 minutes. All the vista boys played in great spirit, except one player, glen, which was disapointing i guess. I think he was frustrated though more than anything. Great to see pete c in action again and i think his combination of, his gay gloves and long sleeve top, his terribly late diving and his exteme fitness all helped us out on the day!! :wink: :wink:
I think it would be fair to say we deserved the win, but it wasn't easy even though vista went down to 10 men. Showed some good fight till the end. Vista just seem to be lacking in fire power up front with big Ian and glen not really causing our defenense too many troubles, except for balls in the air Ian. Was a bit predictable in the end but still we couldn't win many headers against him. I was very very surprised not to see simmo in the starting line up and he probably would have caused us a few headaches with his pace and good ball skills.
Great result for our boys and now all we have to do is keep winning!!!!!

Happy Kopite
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Happy Kopite »

Yeah, fair call on the game. But I'm still not sure why Vista had a goal ruled out. I dont think it was offside, so maybe it was for a foul on Ian when he flicked it on. Bit rough, I reckon.

Well you dont need to be a rocket scientist to work out that our problem is scoring goals.

All in all, a tight game that was probably decided by one or two errors. :cry:

Loved the banter with Shane Warnie Saggs on the touchline.... :lol:
"If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains". Bill Shankly

East Boy
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by East Boy »

The ref said it was offside!! We'll take it for sure. Not too sure if our linesman flagged for it or not though. don't think he did and thats why no one could work it out. I heard the ref was getting really pissed off at some of your guys, mainly number 9, for diving and comlaining all the time. I thought u were just as bad as us sometimes, but i think there were too many of your guys havin a go at him. The banter was done in all good humour so its all a bit of fun really ain't it. Its when it gets personal or someone goes to far with a stupid comment it starts to get out of hand. Thanks again to everyone involved in a great spirited game and also for stayin back. I know you blokes probably have the most stay back after away games, but only coz your gaggin for a beer!!

chemical brother
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by chemical brother »

:twisted: Worst refereering display Ive seen in a while at the Parafield v Valr game yester :twisted:
Lifestyles thru Chemistry

Knight7
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Knight7 »

Credit where credit is due, very good refereeing Fulham v Knights in A's and despite one or two strange decisions in B's (including only giving an indirect freekick in the box when our last defender pulled their striker back!) was also very fair

Golden EAGLE
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Golden EAGLE »

Suprised to see Payneham smash San Marco and what is Robbie Seraceno doing playing amateurs? Wasnt he playing for a super league club at the start of the year?

Hey Aldo are the souvlakia at Pontians better than Raptors??? :P

harryhandsome1
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by harryhandsome1 »

We appreciate the comments regarding the refs at Fulham, we have been stiffed a couple of times this year by opposing refs but try to keep it as fair as possible at home. In fairness to the ref he may have missed a couple of things in the game but let it run as best he could. We know its not easy for players to accept or agree with every call a ref makes buit with the exception of one of the Knights players they accepted all the calls in a good manner, well done.

Twice we have been denied pens like the one yesterday by our own refs so we may need to review there official status :lol:

King Tom
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by King Tom »

Raptors V Croatia A's 2 : 1
Raptors V Croatia B's 6 : 1

Good, tough game overall ...again Blatent Cheating helps no one if your going to take the flag then be fair or just don't bother..Can't blame the ref who did a great job but can't see everything..

To flag an offside when the bloke was clearly a metre onside is unacceptable, sorry Jim but that's pathetic....lost all respect from me mate! I know it's amateurs but surely you know the rules...and the comment from your bench that you got one back when you flagged a corner for us at your ground 2 Years ago and we scored, a beauty??

Anyway the player's didn't react and all shock hands after the game which is what it's all about !!!

Aldo Serena
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Aldo Serena »

Golden EAGLE wrote:Suprised to see Payneham smash San Marco and what is Robbie Seraceno doing playing amateurs? Wasnt he playing for a super league club at the start of the year?

Hey GE, I didn't sample the souvlakia at your ground, ended up going the cevape sandwich instead. I'll give both clubs equal points ;)

A credit to your reserves referee who did a very good job, even after one of your strikers was abusing him for not giving a penalty. The guy must have been a GK as well with the way he was carrying on! :P

MSSC Blue Eagles
2011 Division 3 Champions

avenell_road
Star Player
Star Player

Post by avenell_road »

East Boy wrote:easties 2 - Vista 1

Great game yesterday and i enjoyed the whole 90 minutes. All the vista boys played in great spirit, except one player, glen, which was disapointing i guess. I think he was frustrated though more than anything. Great to see pete c in action again and i think his combination of, his gay gloves and long sleeve top, his terribly late diving and his exteme fitness all helped us out on the day!! :wink: :wink:
I think it would be fair to say we deserved the win, but it wasn't easy even though vista went down to 10 men. Showed some good fight till the end. Vista just seem to be lacking in fire power up front with big Ian and glen not really causing our defenense too many troubles, except for balls in the air Ian. Was a bit predictable in the end but still we couldn't win many headers against him. I was very very surprised not to see simmo in the starting line up and he probably would have caused us a few headaches with his pace and good ball skills.
Great result for our boys and now all we have to do is keep winning!!!!!
I agree with most of the points you make. It was an enjoyable game to play in because there were good battles all over the park, I enjoyed the competitiveness of the game even after we went down to 10 men. The send off was a great shame though, because 11 v 11 I think the result could have gone either way.

bigpond
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by bigpond »

Golden EAGLE wrote:Suprised to see Payneham smash San Marco and what is Robbie Seraceno doing playing amateurs? Wasnt he playing for a super league club at the start of the year?

Yeah Rob was playing for Mod. Jets Feds but with the birth of his 1st child half way through the season and other issues he couldn't committ to the demanding schedule a Super League Club demands and so Modbury agreed to loan him to us (Fulham) till the end of the season and he will then re-assess his options for next season.

Knows most of the lads out there and his old man is on the committee so there is really only 1 amateur league club he was ever going to go to - also helps when it is only round the corner from where he lives.

JP
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by JP »

he adds the finishing touches to a good fulham side. Great pick up which will assist in our rise up the ladder. Just wish he had come sooner :D

Golden EAGLE
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Golden EAGLE »

indeed he was! the ref fully understood the players reaction and he accepted the players apology at half time. I still think it was a penalty :lol:

Anyway your boys in both teams have improved but like you said in another post a little to late. Good Luck for the rest of the year and try and keep the current team together for next year and you will have a far better season.

PeteMitchell
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by PeteMitchell »

Worst refereering display Ive seen in a while at the Parafield v Valr game yester :
Heard Vale went down to 9 Players... who and why???

The Downs Vs Westies result would have opened the title race up if the vale had won but thems the breaks.

avenell_road
Star Player
Star Player

Post by avenell_road »

Destiny_06 wrote:
Worst refereering display Ive seen in a while at the Parafield v Valr game yester :
Heard Vale went down to 9 Players... who and why???

The Downs Vs Westies result would have opened the title race up if the vale had won but thems the breaks.
Still opens the title race up. Parafield play the Downs this week and if they beat them the lead is down to 2 points. Will be a cracking game.

blue moon
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by blue moon »

and i imagine a fair bit* of friendly banter on the sidelines - *gross understatement.
taylor to bag a last minute winner.

Jairzinho
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Jairzinho »

King Tom wrote:Raptors V Croatia A's 2 : 1

Good, tough game overall ...again Blatent Cheating helps no one if your going to take the flag then be fair or just don't bother..Can't blame the ref who did a great job but can't see everything..

To flag an offside when the bloke was clearly a metre onside is unacceptable, sorry Jim but that's pathetic....lost all respect from me mate! I know it's amateurs but surely you know the rules...and the comment from your bench that you got one back when you flagged a corner for us at your ground 2 Years ago and we scored, a beauty??

Anyway the player's didn't react and all shock hands after the game which is what it's all about !!!
i find that hard to believe!!! :roll: :P

chemical brother
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

:twisted: simon matheson easily within the first 25min then michael decelis about 10 minutes of 2nd half :twisted:
Matheson for last man challenge with defender on the goal line and the gardens boy fell over the ball straight red
Decelis for 2nd bookable offence when both were dubious decisions
Gardens played well the REF best on ground for them I think it was upto about 7cards if not more for the Vale and 1 to Gardens

chemical brother
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

:twisted: anyone but the Downs to win the league :twisted:

CR7
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by CR7 »

chemical brother
r u a vale supporter or player?

Aldo Serena
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Aldo Serena »

Golden EAGLE wrote:indeed he was! the ref fully understood the players reaction and he accepted the players apology at half time. I still think it was a penalty :lol:

Anyway your boys in both teams have improved but like you said in another post a little to late. Good Luck for the rest of the year and try and keep the current team together for next year and you will have a far better season.
That's the hope GE. Your boys will wrap it up for sure next week against Croatia... as long as the keeper relaxes a bit! :)

MSSC Blue Eagles
2011 Division 3 Champions

chemical brother
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

:lol: I got the ref's votes brothers gonna work it out :lol:

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

King Tom Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:47 pm Post subject:

Raptors V Croatia A's 2 : 1

To flag an offside when the bloke was clearly a metre onside is unacceptable, sorry Jim but that's pathetic....lost all respect from me mate!
you are a joke big tom!! if anything, you should respect him more for not bringing to the refs attention your strikers elbow to the jaw and punch behind play. both red card offences!!! care to explain why our goal was disallowed??? get on with it!!!

jim gets criticised by his own team-mates for favouring the opposition, just to show how fair he is. you are the first person to have ever accused him of cheating!!!

Hosovac
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Hosovac »

Jim's the big guy yeah? I've seen him "cheat" a few times don't worry about that. :wink:

ManicD
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by ManicD »

robbo wrote:Yeh stretch, I just emailed them half hour ago, reserves score wrong too. Must be one of you Limnos boys that fill in the scores for the SAASL??

IF are 2nd in the league, West Beach 3rd
They screwed up our result too... giving Athelstone's wins to Northern United... but has since been rectified

Golden EAGLE
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Golden EAGLE »

Hope Parafield and Downs have a tough one this week with sends offs and the whole lot. We might be in with a chance the following week if the Downs are battered and brused!

GULLY BOYZ
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by GULLY BOYZ »

Golden eagle best of luck this week against Croatia, I think its easy to say youve wrapped up the Div3 title. great battle for second! We also hope the Vale get a few yellows or reds this week . Fingers crossed we both go thru and who knows we mite??? meet in the final. You boys have been very consistant this year... CHEERS!
A TEAM OF CHAMPIONS WILL NEVER BEAT A CHAMPION TEAM!

colon clenser
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by colon clenser »

dont worry guys i think pontians gully and croatia will go up irregardless of the results

Golden EAGLE
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Golden EAGLE »

Thanks Gully Boyz and yes it is tight for second. I didnt think Croatia would of been collecting that many points over the last 4-5 weeks with the World cup on, they had several players overseas so they have done very well. They have a skillful side but are unfit and are true amateur as they only train once a week if that.

As for promotion why would 3 teams be promoted colon clenser? Also dont rule out Raptors, they are still a chance for second spot. We play Croatia this week then Raptors after the cup and I think Raptors Vs TTG is the last game of the year so it could come down to that. Overall though I think TTG will are the better team and deserve to go up.