Try the SupaSkills program

This forum is for the discussion of general coaching topics. Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

FootballNews is not responsible for any of the comments posted in this forum and this forum is moderated.

Moderator: Forum Admins

BillShankly
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Try the SupaSkills program

Post by BillShankly »

I tried this a while ago, and I found that it worked. Here's what http://www.supaskills.com has to offer. It's completely free and it gives the story about how Craig Johnson became a pro. It will motivate you to train

HIDDEN TALENT
"The whole thing started when I arrived in England for a trial at Middlesbrough when I was just 15," he explains. "We lost, I had a shocker, and the manager, Jack Charlton, gave the whole team a rollicking. Then he turned to me and said 'and as for you kangaroo, you can hop it back to Australia'."

"But my mum and dad had sold their house to get me over for the trial, I couldn't go back. So I told them the trial went great and they'd asked me to stay. Then I spent the next year and a half training on my own in the 'Boro car park, hiding from Big Jack and cleaning the pro's boots and cars to pay my rent.

"All day, every day, I kicked a ball, left foot, right foot. I drew targets on walls, I lined up dustbins, I dribbled round old tin cans. I basically invented Supaskills there and then. My daily mission was to be a better player by the time I went to sleep at night than I had been when I had woken up that morning.

ZERO TO HERO
"Thousands of hours and tears later it started to work. Jack Charlton left the club, the new manager saw me training and put me in the reserves, and six months later I was in the first team - the youngest player ever to play for Middlesbrough. Then Liverpool bought me and I became the most expensive player in Britain.

"I went from zero to hero. I had no right to go on to play in the greatest Liverpool team ever, to win the trophies I did, because I had nowhere near the natural ability of those around me. But out there in the 'Boro car park I knew it was just me and the ball, the ball was a perfect object so it was me that had to improve.

"I look back now and say that Jack Charlton was right, I couldn't play because I had no skills - so I went and got some. I am the living, breathing proof that Supaskills works."

Drusetta
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Drusetta »

Thanks Shanks

Always looking for good stuff.
For the Game. For the World.

Drusetta