Celtic 1-0 Rangers............... :-)

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

yogi
Star Player
Star Player

Celtic 1-0 Rangers............... :-)

Post by yogi »

I just can't get enuf,
I just can't get enuf,
I just can't seem to get enuf of,
Du,du,du,du,du,du,du,du,du,du,du.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

bapa
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: Celtic 1-0 Rangers............... :-)

Post by bapa »

is that an orange card?????

Knight7
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Knight7 »

Yes and he went for an Orange Walk :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The Armies of Darkness were in complete disaray

Having said that, I think the second send off was harsh
Russia 2018 wrote

dont know what that idiot knight is talking about though

ComeOnYouBlues
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by ComeOnYouBlues »

Scott Brown is one of my favorite players for that celebration. (am aware it wasn't in this game)

HATE that dirty prick

Knight7
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Knight7 »

IpswichTown1878 wrote:Scott Brown is one of my favorite players for that celebration. (am aware it wasn't in this game)

HATE that dirty prick

lol I can do the Broonie I can do the Broonie

I think Mr Diouf will find himself in a bit of trouble for his antics at the end of the game

The one man headline is back
Russia 2018 wrote

DOC
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by DOC »

bottle of shiraz full on derby, lennon and diouf had a go, mjallby sorting the huns out in the tunnel at half time lol

mccoist and lennon at the end lennon almost bottle of shiraz killed him :lol: :mrgreen:

both reds were for 2 bookable tackles after both had many chances, whittaker and boughera that is

diouf is a tool, had a go after the whistle at samy and the ref and got a red, so he walks over to incite the rangers fans and the cop tells him to shiraz off lol

but one nil to the celtic

the cup is coming home to paradise :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

credit to papac for taking that strike in the noggin, he'll be seeing starts for a week :lol:

wonder if any players will be fit for the cup final on the 20th
ImageImage

web
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by web »

DOC wrote:bottle of shiraz full on derby, lennon and diouf had a go, mjallby sorting the huns out in the tunnel at half time lol

mccoist and lennon at the end lennon almost bottle of shiraz killed him :lol: :mrgreen:

both reds were for 2 bookable tackles after both had many chances, whittaker and boughera that is

diouf is a tool, had a go after the whistle at samy and the ref and got a red, so he walks over to incite the rangers fans and the cop tells him to shiraz off lol

credit to papac for taking that strike in the noggin, he'll be seeing starts for a week :lol:

have heard Papac may have a broken neck...gutsy block
You are more than welcome to Bring It On.

HAIL HAIL

DOC
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by DOC »

web wrote:
DOC wrote:bottle of shiraz full on derby, lennon and diouf had a go, mjallby sorting the huns out in the tunnel at half time lol

yeah wilson got all of that, never usually give credit to the huns but i will here, brave block
ImageImage

Knight7
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Knight7 »

web wrote:

Really hope not, would never wish that on anyone

Must also say that generally Sir Walter and Super Ally are gracious in defeat

That's one thing we could learn from them
Russia 2018 wrote

DOC
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by DOC »

Knight7 wrote:
web wrote:

Really hope not, would never wish that on anyone

Must also say that generally Sir Walter and Super Ally are gracious in defeat

That's one thing we could learn from them
lennon has that passion and drive that defeat always riles him, so sometimes his after match comments are a bit prickly, but also look at the run of ref decisions we have had this season too
ImageImage

Knight7
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Knight7 »

I see Rangers are pointing the finger at Celtic and the SFA now, rather than asking their players what went wrong

What was it they used to call us

Paranoid

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Russia 2018 wrote

DOC
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by DOC »

Knight7 wrote:I see Rangers are pointing the finger at Celtic and the SFA now, rather than asking their players what went wrong

What was it they used to call us

Paranoid

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
have to be kidding, whittaker put about 4 tackles in that could be yellow

same with majid, he was lucky to stay on as long as he did

then diouf, mouths off to lennon, then mjallby in the tunnel, gets a red after the whistle, tries to incite the crowd

then mccoist, word on the street he called lennon a fennian sherry, of course lennon is going to ark up

shiraz rangers that got what they deserved
ImageImage

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

From Football365.com

POLICE CHIEF DEMANDS OLD FIRM ACTION
The Scottish Police Federation has called for an end to Old Firm "madness" after trouble flared once again at last night's match.

Thirty-four arrests were made as Celtic beat Rangers 1-0 in the Scottish Cup fifth-round replay.

An SPL match at Celtic Park last month led to 16 arrests within the ground and more than 200 in the Strathclyde force area.

SPF chairman Les Gray said police no longer had the budget to deal with match-related unrest, and he called for the derby to be played behind closed doors or banned altogether.

Mr Gray said: "We simply don't have the money and resources to do this.

"Everyone involved needs to sit down and look at this. Something has to give. This madness cannot go on."

Strathclyde Police said last night's arrests were for a variety of sectarian, racial and breach of the peace offences.

Police had warned they would crack down on drink-fuelled violence linked to the match after trouble flared in the wake of the last Old Firm game.

On February 20, more than 229 people were arrested in the force area and in some cases prisoners were said to have been driven 50 miles as police cells filled up.

Mr Gray said consideration should be given to playing the matches behind closed doors or restricting the television coverage.

Speaking after the latest clash, which saw Rangers assistant manager Ally McCoist and Celtic manager Neil Lennon involved in angry scenes, he said: "What happens on the pitch is reproduced throughout Scotland, on the streets, in pubs, in homes.

"You cannot justify it. It can't keep on going."

Justice Secretary Kenny MacAskill said the violence has more to do with alcohol and is less about football.

He said yesterday: "There is a deep-rooted and unacceptable social issue involved - which has a great deal to do with Scotland's damaging relationship with alcohol, and little to do with football.

"The issue is far wider than clubs and the game. It is about a culture of violence fuelled by alcohol.

"By all means drink responsibly and safely but do not get drunk, get violent, assault your partner or anyone else - the message is that any such conduct is utterly shameful and unacceptable."

DOC
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by DOC »

see blame the booze jay
ImageImage

DOC
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by DOC »

Composure and discipline the key to Celtic's victory

By: Newsroom Staff on 03 Mar, 2011 14:25

CELTIC’S 1-0 victory over Rangers booked their place in the quarter-final of the Scottish Cup as Neil Lennon’s side continue to chase trophies on three fronts.

It was a dramatic night at Celtic Park, and after the dust had settled on another victory over Rangers, Neil Lennon praised his players for their performance.

“It was a victory we thoroughly deserved and it was very pleasing to see the reaction we got from the players after last Sunday’s disappointment,” the Celtic manager said.

“We tried to play football throughout the game and, over and above that, I was delighted that, in such an atmosphere, the team remained composed and disciplined during what was, at times, a difficult game.

“There was an incident on the touchline at the final whistle between myself and Ally McCoist, and obviously it’s one that has attracted a lot of attention.

“We’ve both got a lot of experience of this fixture and know that sometimes, in the heat of the moment things can be said and words exchanged. It is a passionate game and both of us want our team to win.

“However, we were still able to sit down after the game and as far as we are concerned the matter is closed.

“But we’re pleased to be in the next round of the Scottish Cup and we’re looking forward to what I’m sure will be a tough game at Inverness.”

The victory over Rangers produced another memorable atmosphere at Paradise, with a sell-out Celtic crowd roaring the team on to victory.

And Chief Executive Peter Lawwell praised the Celtic support for the incredible backing they gave the team from first minute to last.

“It was a tremendous win for the team and the supporters responded to what was another great performance,” the Chief Executive said.

“Our fans once again provided an excellent display of how to support the team in a positive and inspiring manner. Our players, too, deserve great praise, not just for winning the match but also in the manner of the victory. They should be congratulated on their discipline.

“Stewart Regan, Chief Executive of the SFA, has issued a statement this morning and while we will clearly co-operate fully with any SFA investigation, we must take issue with elements of Stewart’s statement.

“My prime concern is Celtic and I can only comment on our Club. However, I believe that events should be put into some perspective.

“Celtic had three players booked last night. To put this in the context of other matches, St. Johnstone last night received two bookings in their match against Aberdeen, while Motherwell received five bookings against Celtic last Sunday.

“Contrary to Stewart’s statement I do not think that our players showed a lack of respect to officials.

“The team remained composed throughout what was, at times, a difficult game, and the fact that only three of our players were booked is evidence of that composure and discipline which provided the foundation for us to go and win the match. They should be congratulated in this regard.

“Neil has made a statement in terms of the incident with Ally McCoist and I believe they met after the match. While I understand that this will be part of the SFA investigation, I know that both Neil and Ally have moved on from this in the correct manner."
ImageImage

DOC
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by DOC »

i knew the mccoist incident was the heat of the moment and out of character for him, he and lennon have gotten on pretty well this season

i think the pressure got to him knowing he's taking over a rangers side in disarray and no cash
ImageImage