Collymore Wants Villa Return

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

FerrariTifosi27
Star Player
Star Player

Post by FerrariTifosi27 »

Former Aston Villa striker Stan Collymore would love a return to the Midlands club, according to his agent.

The 35-year-old announced his intention to return to the game after five years out earlier this week.

Collymore endured a fruitless spell at Villa Park earlier in his career, but his agent Simon Kennedy told The Daily Mirror: "The time Stan spent at Villa was a massive disappointment to him. He would love the chance to go back and set the record straight.

"Gareth Barry is still one of his closest friends, they are in regular contact, and Stan even has the word 'claret' as part of his e-mail address. He has a lot of sympathy with the club he supported as a boy. There are a group of clubs Stan would be prepared to come and train with for a couple of weeks.

"Villa are definitely one of those clubs and he would jump at the opportunity if it were to arise.

"During his time at Villa, he was in the worst mental state of his career.

"Only when he worked with Martin O'Neill at Leicester did things pick up, but when Martin left the problem started again."

The one and only
Star Player
Star Player

Post by The one and only »

do you think that o'niel will take the risk of taking collymore back ? And especially considering how good of a start villa have had would be hard to see him take such a big risk
I speak nothing but the truth

Fred Goldstone
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Fred Goldstone »

The word 'claret' in his email address refers to his favourite tipple not his favourite team.

arxidi
Star Player
Star Player

Post by arxidi »

F&K that!!! i wouldnt want to see stan back at villa... if villa wasnt performing as well, theres no way hed want to come back. now they have their eyes on europe, and he wants to come back coz he knows hes passed it and no other club will sign him (that has a chance of playing in europe next year).

however, speaking of villa, id like to see lucas neill there. i think his presence would only strengthen the squad and defense..... mmm

yay or its just coz i like villa n i like neill... hehe
everyone is entitled to my opinion

tsss