SUNDAY LEAGUE RESULTS - 17/05/09

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

sprogget
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Re: SUNDAY LEAGUE RESULTS - 17/05/09

Post by sprogget »

Thankyou for the reply Jay Walking, I at least drank your beer and enjoyed the fantastic yiros.

Mr Football
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Mr Football »

BADA BING wrote:
Football_lad wrote:Vista v San Marco

A's 6 - 0
San Marco Captain(after the game) wrote:You guys are $Hite!!!
:clown:

That's poor form, who did he say it to?
It was actually pretty funny to tell you the truth, he came up to me and said you won't do that to us again because you guys are cabernet.... i just said well you just got beat by a cabernet side 6-0 what does that make you..... he didn't have much more to say, but as tyneside said he did come in after and appoligise not that it mattered we were all having a bit of a laugh at his expense... but good sportsmanship anyway to come in, not many people would do that after a big loss
DIVING:
Admition of defeat
Pure cheating
RUINS THE BEAUTIFUL GAME!!!

nugget66
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by nugget66 »

vertu1 wrote:Agree that the heckling of the ex westies player by some of their crowd is a very poor showing and does not reflect well on the club.
come on vertu1 heckling??? did they hurt there feelings???

HARDEN THE FK UP !

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

sprogget wrote:Thankyou for the reply Jay Walking, I at least drank your beer and enjoyed the fantastic yiros.

:) Thanks for buying it. You couldn of given us a point to. :D

Not a bad crowd from you guys either considering the weather.

kinghenrik
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by kinghenrik »

to sprogget, are you sure you were watching the same game mate??? the farm player in question was sent off due to a second yellow as well. as for the sniper and not enough ball players comment, i think the majority of the fans down at your club ( who admit to knowing anything about the game) would be thanking their lucky stars that the farm botched the four or five one on ones with the keeper. westies got the points and congrats to them but a more clinical farm would have walked away worthy winners on the day.
Last edited by kinghenrik on Mon May 18, 2009 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

nugget66 wrote:
vertu1 wrote:Agree that the heckling of the ex westies player by some of their crowd is a very poor showing and does not reflect well on the club.

HARDEN THE FK UP !

Good to see your back in form Nugget :lol:

steedy
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by steedy »

Jay Walking wrote:
nugget66 wrote:

HARDEN THE FK UP !

Good to see your back in form Nugget :lol:

im with you nugget...................waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa... i think i have some tuff'n the f ck up pills in my trainers bag..........i'll pass some on to them... :clown: :clown:

DOWNS 2 nil winners..........starting to look good... BAR still kicking ass....piss heads, i love em............EVERYONE SKULL....
The PRIDE the PASSION..
We're in the biggest army the league has ever seen
and we are marching as one on the road to a league title...
NULLI SECUNDUS....
2012... year of the DOWNS............U LOOSE TO THE MAROONS :-)

totti
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by totti »

well done san marco captain-just make a fool of yourself-lol
bada-bing whats going on down there, too many individuals i heard.
your might need big michael T to play for you.aggresive

Football_lad
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Football_lad »

totti wrote:well done san marco captain-just make a fool of yourself-lol
HAHA, Really didnt intend to bring this up as a huge topic, just though it was a hillarious comment to make after being beat 6 nil. As said above, he did come in and apologise which was good. Probably just said it out of frustration. San Marco have some handy players especially their big striker, Will cause a few teams some problems when the whole team is on song!
Pride - Honour - Respect
Manchester United Champions of England 06/07, 07/08 & 08/09
Manchester United Champions Of Europe 2008
Manchester United Champions Of the World 2009

nugget66
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by nugget66 »

FK the pills steedy a spoon full of cement & a snickers is all that's needed...

I hear you guys tried to become a GOOD SPORTS CLUB like the GARDENS but were rejected because you thought the responsible service of alcohol was making sure the punters had a beer chaser after a shottie :lol:

redsfan20
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by redsfan20 »

kinghenrik wrote:to sprogget, are you sure you were watching the same game mate??? the farm player in question was sent off due to a second yellow as well. as for the sniper and not enough ball players comment, i think the majority of the fans down at your club ( who admit to knowing anything about the game) would be thanking their lucky stars that the farm botched the four or five one on ones with the keeper. westies got the points and congrats to them but a more clinical farm would have walked away worthy winners on the day.
Kinghenrik what game were you watching??? there was 1 one on one in the second half the rest were half chances either headed well wide and over and all others were spliffed due to the high level of pressure from a valiant Westies back four plus one shot that hit the post. I think Mr X's only problem for 99% of Westies people is that he was wearing the wrong colour shirt!!!

maxin in the shade
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by maxin in the shade »

sparts wrote:good game between raptors and para today, well contested all over the pitch. keep plugging away and that win will come! and boo to leftie for shooting thru, had a beer in hand for ya! will have to in the reverse fixture, good luck boys!
was an exciting end to end game played in perfect conditions on a great pitch.

both sides had chances to take the points but we couldnt do the business in the final third of the pitch while para took one of theirs with a nice header from a left sided cross.

gotta say it was one of the most fair and well contested matches ive been involoved in. no yellows, no dirty tackles - both teams just playing the ball, attacking at every opportunity

disappointing result for us obviously, as we still seek that first win of the season. we'll keep fighting though

Football_lad
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Football_lad »

maxin in the shade wrote:
sparts wrote:good game between raptors and para today, well contested all over the pitch. keep plugging away and that win will come! and boo to leftie for shooting thru, had a beer in hand for ya! will have to in the reverse fixture, good luck boys!
was an exciting end to end game played in perfect conditions on a great pitch.

both sides had chances to take the points but we couldnt do the business in the final third of the pitch while para took one of theirs with a nice header from a left sided cross.

gotta say it was one of the most fair and well contested matches ive been involoved in. no yellows, no dirty tackles - both teams just playing the ball, attacking at every opportunity

disappointing result for us obviously, as we still seek that first win of the season. we'll keep fighting though
Yeah Hurry up and get that win! I keep tipping ya thinking that surely your gonna win won soon!!! Not to be as yet!
Pride - Honour - Respect
Manchester United Champions of England 06/07, 07/08 & 08/09
Manchester United Champions Of Europe 2008
Manchester United Champions Of the World 2009

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

redsfan09 wrote:
kinghenrik wrote:to sprogget, are you sure you were watching the same game mate??? the farm player in question was sent off due to a second yellow as well. as for the sniper and not enough ball players comment, i think the majority of the fans down at your club ( who admit to knowing anything about the game) would be thanking their lucky stars that the farm botched the four or five one on ones with the keeper. westies got the points and congrats to them but a more clinical farm would have walked away worthy winners on the day.
Kinghenrik what game were you watching??? there was 1 one on one in the second half the rest were half chances either headed well wide and over and all others were spliffed due to the high level of pressure from a valiant Westies back four plus one shot that hit the post. I think Mr X's only problem for 99% of Westies people is that he was wearing the wrong colour shirt!!!
Weren't you wearing a Green and Gold Shirt when you couldn't get into westies first team??

BADA BING
Star Player
Star Player

Post by BADA BING »

totti wrote:well done san marco captain-just make a fool of yourself-lol
hey Totti i cant comment on the what the captain said coz i didnt here it, prior to Sunday we had been performing well and starting to gel well as a team, not sure where you get your info about to many individuals but there are a few new players which will take time to gel together, also every week there has been at least 2 or 3 forced changes which doesnt help the team,
As for Micky T he is just coming back from knee surgery and i think anyway he would rather play in the ressies anyway which has done for the last few years.
Last edited by BADA BING on Tue May 19, 2009 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

BADA BING
Star Player
Star Player

Post by BADA BING »

That's poor form, who did he say it to?[/quote]

he said it to one of our defenders when everyone was shaking hands after the game, probably just out of frustration. He later came into our change room and apologized. No harm done[/quote]

you would think it was out of frusturation coz you guys well and truly out played us on Sunday there was no denying that fact

redsfan20
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by redsfan20 »

Jay Walking wrote:
redsfan09 wrote:
Weren't you wearing a Green and Gold Shirt when you couldn't get into westies first team??
Went to Grove after I was told there'd be no game for me. Coach went back on his word. If i did play against an old club you expect to get some grief. Have to take it all with a grain of salt and get on with it.

Olympic (Vista) Bhoy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Olympic (Vista) Bhoy »

[Kinghenrik what game were you watching??? there was 1 one on one in the second half the rest were half chances either headed well wide and over and all others were spliffed due to the high level of pressure from a valiant Westies back four plus one shot that hit the post. I think Mr X's only problem for 99% of Westies people is that he was wearing the wrong colour shirt!!![/quote]

There is banter and then there is outright distasteful stuff. Fair play to Mr X. I would have cut the b**tard in two if that was said to me but that shows you how professional he is. The s.o.b that said it will get his eventually. Karma is a biatch

chunky-monkey
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by chunky-monkey »

Vista_Bhoy wrote:[Kinghenrik what game were you watching??? there was 1 one on one in the second half the rest were half chances either headed well wide and over and all others were spliffed due to the high level of pressure from a valiant Westies back four plus one shot that hit the post. I think Mr X's only problem for 99% of Westies people is that he was wearing the wrong colour shirt!!!

There is banter and then there is outright distasteful stuff. Fair play to Mr X. I would have cut the b**tard in two if that was said to me but that shows you how professional he is. The s.o.b that said it will get his eventually. Karma is a biatch[/quote]

Agreed Vista_Bhoy, there is a line and im sure it was crossed, I hope Mr X scores the winner in the return fixture!

Mr X
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Mr X »

Banter is banter - all good, dont see the big issue, this week Florina, hopefully 3 points to take us back to second spot, bring on Sunday.

redsfan20
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by redsfan20 »

Mr X wrote:Banter is banter - all good, dont see the big issue, this week Florina, hopefully 3 points to take us back to second spot, bring on Sunday.

As long as the sledging is about excess weight or how shite a guy is then ok personal attacks or about family is not cool! neither is a right hook to the stomach hey big man :wink:

Jogonalex
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Jogonalex »

Perhaps some of their crowd should show the same level of maturity off the pitch that their young players show on it

To my knowledge the player has had a big impact over the years in getting the club where it is today and regardless of whatever has transpired during and since his departure, surely a certain level of respect is warranted.

Well played to westies but dont count your chickens just yet ...
what would you have the boys do? wish him all the best and cheer him on to score the winner?? i'm pretty sure i saw the same hecklers after the game shaking hands and getting on with life. as far as respect goes well that has been earned by both sides OVER THE YEARS and wont be lost by a simple thing like changing teams!!
In my time at Anfield we always said we had the best two teams on Merseyside - Liverpool and Liverpool reserves.
-- Bill Shankly --

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

halfcutfan wrote:
Perhaps some of their crowd should show the same level of maturity off the pitch that their young players show on it

To my knowledge the player has had a big impact over the years in getting the club where it is today and regardless of whatever has transpired during and since his departure, surely a certain level of respect is warranted.

what would you have the boys do? wish him all the best and cheer him on to score the winner?? i'm pretty sure i saw the same hecklers after the game shaking hands and getting on with life. as far as respect goes well that has been earned by both sides OVER THE YEARS and wont be lost by a simple thing like changing teams!!
Fair post. Fierce rivals on the park but I was drinking with a couple of Westies guys on Friday night :lol:

Looking forward to the game and your ground. Nothing like a bit of emotion and passion but I think you can all stop booing when Mr X gets the ball 8)

Jogonalex
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Jogonalex »

Jay Walking wrote:
halfcutfan wrote:

Fair post. Fierce rivals on the park but I was drinking with a couple of Westies guys on Friday night :lol:

Looking forward to the game and your ground. Nothing like a bit of emotion and passion but I think you can all stop booing when Mr X gets the ball 8)
lets look at the bigger picture here, if 1 person says something and a small few boo lets not tar the club with that brush! i'm happy to here from any club who's never had a fan not cross the line???
In my time at Anfield we always said we had the best two teams on Merseyside - Liverpool and Liverpool reserves.
-- Bill Shankly --

Outlaw 2.0
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Outlaw 2.0 »

redsfan09 wrote:
Now now redsfan Im pretty sure that there were more than just one! Evan had 1, Young Ennis had 1, paul jones had 2 and of course Scott Gannon hit the post! have to say that the goal we scored was very lucky also on account of the fact that the ball was still moving when the free kick was taken! at the end of the day we were no where near the team that will challenge for the title regardless of the excuses, well played to Westies and bring on Florina!

BTW I was waiting to see Cleveland but no show!!?? where were ya mate??
HA'WAY THE LADS

M Andrea
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by M Andrea »

we are waiting with open arms and chocolates and flowers :wink:
Big boutso in golo!

Outlaw 2.0
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Outlaw 2.0 »

M Andrea wrote:we are waiting with open arms and chocolates and flowers :wink:
Not sure about that can we make it chicken wings and beers??? :roll:
HA'WAY THE LADS

nugget66
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by nugget66 »

imanoutlaw wrote:
The chocolate & flowers are for Jay Walking I bet.

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

nugget66 wrote:
imanoutlaw wrote:
The chocolate & flowers are for Jay Walking I bet.
I keep sending back the ones you send me Nugget.

nugget66
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by nugget66 »

that's because the only flowers & chocolates I'd send you Jay are sour sobs & laxets...