Southern Breakers Preseason Tournament

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

Breakers17
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Southern Breakers Preseason Tournament

Post by Breakers17 »

The Southern Breakers are again preparing to host a preseason event at Breaker Park in Port Elliot for 2009.

Last year's tournament was a fantastic success played between four teams over a weekend. As we are all aware, many preseason games regularly get cancelled due to heat wave conditions, but the southern Fleurieu provides super weather which brings with it the guarantee of a solid preseason hit out.

Details are still being finalised (dates, format etc), but if you are keen for your club to be involved phone Craig on 0417 551367 to register your interest.

B17

www.leaguelineup.com/southernbreakers

5cougarsthanx
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Re: Southern Breakers Preseason Tournament

Post by 5cougarsthanx »

Hi B17!

Will have a chat to the lads at the club this week. Might try to organise a trip away with the lads aswell as having a couple of games. This would be a good chance to do both. Will keep you posted. Adelaide Cougars FC. :D
CROYDON COUGARS SC Est 1999

ramosrules
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by ramosrules »

Give us a run down of what happened last season.
Cheers.
"IT LOOKS LIKE HODDLE HAS FOUND GOD, THAT MUST HAVE BEEN ONE HELL OF A PASS"

The Toffees
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by The Toffees »

Went really well. Initially was used as a a kind of Hills/Fleurieu tournament with 4 teams. The Breakers, Strathalbyn, McLaren Vale and Mt Barker. 1 team with larger squads (approx 17 players), round robin games of around 25 minutes each way amd interchange allowed.

Officiated by club refs with no problems at all. We are looking to expand a little this year to perhaps 5-6 teams if possible. All welcome, call Craig on the number above to register your interest.

It's serious but not too serious. Great pitch, great facilities. Please ignore my signature below, even teams with Liverpool supporters are welcome. We can talk about last nights derby!
Kopites are Gobshites

ramosrules
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by ramosrules »

Was it all over one day or over a weekend?
There wasn't a reserve comp?
Did it cost to enter?
Was there winners prize?
Who is registered for this years comp?
"IT LOOKS LIKE HODDLE HAS FOUND GOD, THAT MUST HAVE BEEN ONE HELL OF A PASS"

The Toffees
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by The Toffees »

No reserves teams. Just one squad of 17, plenty of game time for everyone though. Obviously if you have a squad of 35, perhaps not.

Last year was held on Easter Sunday I think, this year will probably be a 2 day event. Not sure if it will still be at Easter or not.

As Breakers 17 said, many of the details are still to be finalised. We will have to get back to you on entry fee etc.
Kopites are Gobshites

5cougarsthanx
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by 5cougarsthanx »

The Toffees wrote:Went really well. Initially was used as a a kind of Hills/Fleurieu tournament with 4 teams. The Breakers, Strathalbyn, McLaren Vale and Mt Barker. 1 team with larger squads (approx 17 players), round robin games of around 25 minutes each way amd interchange allowed.

Officiated by club refs with no problems at all. We are looking to expand a little this year to perhaps 5-6 teams if possible. All welcome, call Craig on the number above to register your interest.

It's serious but not too serious. Great pitch, great facilities. Please ignore my signature below, even teams with Liverpool supporters are welcome. We can talk about last nights derby!
Is it worth us enquiring about gaining an invite to the tournament, or do you want to stick to your district sides. Have got a good, large squad this year. Would be a good team bonding day and also put some dollars behind your bar!!!

Please let me know if it is worth pursuing.
Thanks.

The Toffees
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by The Toffees »

Hi all, the Breakers (Port Elliot) are still requiring one more team to finalise the lineup for this years tournament to be held on the 7th and 8th March at the Port Elliot Showgrounds. Please PM me asap if interested.

You would need about 17 players and over the weekend would have approx 5 games. Great pre-season trip/hit-out.
Kopites are Gobshites

5cougarsthanx
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by 5cougarsthanx »

The Toffees wrote:Hi all, the Breakers (Port Elliot) are still requiring one more team to finalise the lineup for this years tournament to be held on the 7th and 8th March at the Port Elliot Showgrounds. Please PM me asap if interested.

You would need about 17 players and over the weekend would have approx 5 games. Great pre-season trip/hit-out.
Would have been good to make it there but it is quite clear by the rubbish that some retard from your club writes on your website that there is no love lost between our clubs....
PS- that retard obviously doesn't have much of a life.

Breakers17
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Breakers17 »

5cougarsthanx:

Our president has asked for that post to be moderated so as not to cause offence to anyone outside the club and has asked him to be mindful of that in the future (given our growing readership :wink: ). I won't rake over old ground, but there were quite a few (including children) who saw that ugly incident who thought it was pretty poor.

All the best for year ahead - whatever division you end up in (may not be Div 3 yet).

B17

Twitchyarry
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Twitchyarry »

Flinders might be interested but i have to talk to the ppl at training tomorrow night.
Keep you posted.
If you're having Spurs problems I feel bad for you son
I've got 99 problems but the Yids ain't one.

PS: Spurs remain a quality side, I don't care what you say. The Feyernoord Jubileum Tournament doesn't win itself, you know.

5cougarsthanx
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by 5cougarsthanx »

Breakers17 wrote:5cougarsthanx:

Our president has asked for that post to be moderated so as not to cause offence to anyone outside the club and has asked him to be mindful of that in the future (given our growing readership :wink: ). I won't rake over old ground, but there were quite a few (including children) who saw that ugly incident who thought it was pretty poor.

All the best for year ahead - whatever division you end up in (may not be Div 3 yet).

B17
No worries B17. I know you love taking the piss out of opposing teams. Seen you in action before.
We know it was all a bit of fun mate. And maybe we deserved a bit of a slagging after last years display, on and off the field. Things are finally changing at the Cougars. See you on the 28th buddy.

PS- you are not a retard, you've just got a good knack at pissing people off.... nothing personal mate. :D

Breakers17
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Breakers17 »

Just saying anything to get this post back up the top of the page.

Go Breakers!!!!

Breakers17
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Breakers17 »

And I'm doing it again....fire up Breakers!

Breakers17
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Breakers17 »

Couldn't of put it better myself mate.

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

Sounds like this is falling apart, teams pulling out, players away for the long weekend....is it still on ?
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

The Toffees
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by The Toffees »

Still on and successfully completed yesterday, don't know where you heard it was "falling apart". 4 teams participated, Stirling, McLaren Vale, Southern Knights (who were missing plenty of players) and Southern Breakers.

The final was contested by Stirling 1 - Southern Breakers 0.
Kopites are Gobshites

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

The Toffees wrote:Still on and successfully completed yesterday, don't know where you heard it was "falling apart". 4 teams participated, Stirling, McLaren Vale, Southern Knights (who were missing plenty of players) and Southern Breakers.

Didn't have any confirmation about it until now.....heard it had been reduced from a 2 day event to 1 day
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

The Toffees
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by The Toffees »

That is correct. There was some confusion over the identity of the 'fifth team' which ended up being no-one. :oops:

Overall though the tournament went pretty well and we intend to do it all again next year. Congratulations to Stirling on taking it out, they were a good side and well done to all teams for being on their best behaviour throughout the day. We used our club refs with no dramas at all.
Kopites are Gobshites

Knight7
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Knight7 »

The Toffees wrote:Still on and successfully completed yesterday, don't know where you heard it was "falling apart". 4 teams participated, Stirling, McLaren Vale, Southern Knights (who were missing plenty of players) and Southern Breakers.

yes I couldn't make it, would have made all the difference :lol: