FFSA WANTS OUR MONEY

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

club man
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

FFSA WANTS OUR MONEY

Post by club man »

If the Amatuers join the ffsa, they will take all the money the SAASL has saved and use it on ????? Registrations will go up to at least $100, Club fees will be in the thousands.What Amatuer club can afford that ?

What do you all think ?

Olympic (Vista) Bhoy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Olympic (Vista) Bhoy »

Clubs could form their own breakaway league, easily done :wink:

Happy Kopite
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Happy Kopite »

Vista_Bhoy wrote:Clubs could form their own breakaway league, easily done :wink:
:lol: :lol: :lol: We could all join the Scottish Premier League..... :lol: :lol: :lol:
"If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains". Bill Shankly

Olympic (Vista) Bhoy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

........or the Welsh League :D :D :D :D

Godfather
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Godfather »

SAASL should stay by itself , we don't need one body calling all the shots
And if by chance an honest man such as yourself should make enemies then they would become my enemies, and then they would fear you

Robbo
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Robbo »

Yeh I heard this rumour earlier in the week.

I heard the amateur league is worth $800,000, yet all our clubs struggle year in year out !!!

This money needs to be kept in the amateur league, I would support a breakaway if necessary.

The SAASL is in a powerful position with the financial position of Federation SA Soccer

BULLDOG
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by BULLDOG »

so if they were to take over what would be the benefits??
onoir diomasack

JP
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by JP »

We would be run by muppets :roll: :lol:

BULLDOG
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by BULLDOG »

JP wrote:We would be run by muppets :roll: :lol:
and that would be different in what way???????? :lol:
onoir diomasack

JP
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by JP »

no difference, I just wanted to use the word :lol:

BULLDOG
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by BULLDOG »

JP wrote:no difference, I just wanted to use the word :lol:
oh ok then great use of the best word since "ACE" was invented.i hope muppet doesn't fade out in the off season.one day i hope to see a "muppet united"in the league.maybe our over 35 might use the title????
onoir diomasack

Robbo
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Robbo »

:lol:

sidopolous
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by sidopolous »

BULLDOG wrote:
JP wrote:no difference, I just wanted to use the word :lol:
oh ok then great use of the best word since "ACE" was invented.i hope muppet doesn't fade out in the off season.one day i hope to see a "muppet united"in the league.maybe our over 35 might use the title????
Modbury O\35 Muppets - has a certain ring to it don't you think?

harryhandsome1
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by harryhandsome1 »

Hey i christened pumas left back Gonzo, big hooter and bad attitude, now he is a proper muppet

Aldo Serena
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Aldo Serena »

I heard an interesting rumour last night... if the SAASL do not come across under the FFSA, it will form its own amateur league with some enticements for clubs that come across.

Maso pres, there is nothing to suggest at this stage that fees/regos will skyrocket to the figures you are suggesting. It is purely speculation. If the SAASL powers-that-be are smart, they will put in place terms and conditions that do not allow this to happen.

MSSC Blue Eagles
2011 Division 3 Champions

closed account
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by closed account »

We're paying $140 a year to play at the gully's, How does this compare to other clubs as ive not played anywhere else, I know we have good facilities with lights and that, but when u say rego will go up to 100 bucks, just makes me curious

Aldo Serena
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Aldo Serena »

Tilley_Park_Boys wrote:We're paying $140 a year to play at the gully's, How does this compare to other clubs as ive not played anywhere else, I know we have good facilities with lights and that, but when u say rego will go up to 100 bucks, just makes me curious
We pay $160 at MSSC Blue Eagles and we get shorts, socks, polo top, free entry to ABE Super League home games and all the other add-ons like a trainer, etc.

MSSC Blue Eagles

Knight7
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Knight7 »

Tilley_Park_Boys wrote:We're paying $140 a year to play at the gully's, How does this compare to other clubs as ive not played anywhere else, I know we have good facilities with lights and that, but when u say rego will go up to 100 bucks, just makes me curious
I think he means to register a player with the league currently it's about $25 per player - although clubs charge players more for lighting, strips, coach etc [/quote]

Aldo Serena
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Aldo Serena »

Knight7 wrote:
I think he means to register a player with the league currently it's about $25 per player - although clubs charge players more for lighting, strips, coach etc
[/quote]

Make that $30 a player... obviously club fees would rise as a result of rego fees going up.

MSSC Blue Eagles

closed account
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by closed account »

We have a physio and get shorts and socks and the training ground is like daylight so i suppose its fair enough. But if this thing comes off and we have to pay a 100 extra it wid be time to pack in i suppose or as you boys say start a break away league.

Uncle Cracker
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Uncle Cracker »

The SAASL has held meetings with several clubs telling them what is happening with the changes in SA soccer.

The FFSA can push the SAASL as much as it wants to join but at the end of the day the members of the SAASL which are the clubs will decide if we join the FFSA or not. The league will still survive running on their own if they have to.

Been to the meetings and from what i heard theres nothing for our clubs
that would be an advantage to change over, many that were there would
also agree.

Another thing the money that the SAASL have already got cant be touched
by the FFSA, not sure how it works but it will go into a trust that will be control by a committee and existing amatuer clubs.

Redders
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Redders »

at USC Lion we pay $60 a player...

Olympic (Vista) Bhoy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Redders wrote:at USC Lion we pay $60 a player...
So you are true amatuers then? :oops:

marooned
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by marooned »

its only our money if we can touch it ! so its not our money!
it may be time for change.
i hear the amatuer league want all games played indoors so they can charge for the air we consume.
Too much going in not much coming out.
$100 to appeal a decision from an out of touch out of control ref is ridiculous.
if the bus aint going nowhere then maybe the train would be a better option.
http://www.edsc.com.au

"It's not how good you are, but how bad you want it"

club man
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by club man »

The league belongs to the clubs if we want to use the money we can, just have to get together and come up with a plan.

Have you recovered yet, sorry to hear shite like that can happen to you.

marooned
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by marooned »

yeh no probs maso pres , water of a ducks back mate. comittee will deal with that next week and get rid of the loose cannons for good. will make the place better for all. are you going to the league next monday night?
http://www.edsc.com.au

"It's not how good you are, but how bad you want it"

Rob Lozza
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Rob Lozza »

Lots of crap being posted on this topic.

SASL or whatever it is calling itself these days has been wanting to take control of the SAASL for decades, not just years. THIS WOULD ONLY HAPPEN IF THE AFFILIATED CLUBS ALLOW IT TO HAPPEN BY A UNANIMOUS VOTE. SAASL will not decide - the Clubs would decide - and I can tell you, my fellow punters, that this will not happen.

As far as the money belonging to the Clubs and therefore being accessible to the Clubs, this is absolute bollocks. Allow Clubs access to these funds and it would disappear within a poofteenth of a minute.

bovva boy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by bovva boy »

My advice would be to stay as your own entity. FFSA has done nothing to improve football in S.A at the federation level. More money paid by clubs and they still do all the work themselves.
Where would the FFSA get amateur teams from? If you all stick together and no one gets into bed with FFSA ala White City, Metro etc from feds then the Amateur league will still prosper.

Tzon
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Tzon »

boys & girls....

stay out of the FFSA!!!!!

my advice!

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

I believe if the Amateur league doesnt join, then they will NOT have access to the current referee list (ie who will ref their games?). This is probably the biggest hurdle to overcome.
Tis almost blackmail!
Ignore this signature