U14/A West Adelaide Vs U14/A Adelaide City

This forum is for discussion relating to junior football.

Moderators: John Cena, Forum Admins

Yasou Re
In Memory of Dylan Tombides
In Memory of Dylan Tombides

U14/A West Adelaide Vs U14/A Adelaide City

Post by Yasou Re »

Last night I went to the game as a neutral supporter to see two top teams battle it out. I thought it was going to be a close encounter so thats why I went down and watched. Little did I know that I was about to see one of the greatest come backs and wins I have ever seen in junior football and maybe even senior level football.

Both teams played brilliantly well, pushed the ball around nicely and looked no-were near like an U/14 squad. Adelaide City struck 1st with a free kick which West Adelaides keeper left, thinking it was going out, but it went in. Then West Adelaide struck back minutes later, it was 1-1. The celebrations were still going when a defensive error from a West Adelaide player cost them a goal. It was now Adelaide City 2 West Adelaide 1 at the half.

2nd half begun with some more high tempo football. About 10 minutes into the half Adelaide City struck again, it was now 3-1 and only about 20-25 minutes remained. Both teams kept attacking and attacking Adelaide City looking for that final blow, while West Adelaide looking to try and get one back. With about 8-10 minutes to go, West Adelaide struck from a lovely through ball to there striker. It was now Adelaide City 3 West Adelaide 2. When West Adelaides Centre Back received the ball and played a lovely one, two with a blonde short fella from his team, he took a touch and whipped it in. All of us on the sidelines thought the keeper had it, but then out of no-were one of West Adelaides strikers popped up won the header and put it into the back of the net. A lovely piece of play. Not long remained and both teams were fired up. Adelaide City really wanted to score to get the win but West Adelaide had the momentum and the fighting power. Another short fella from West Adelaide who was wearing Orange boots, received the ball and threaded it through to the striker who had just scored the header. The Adelaide City Centre Back got a touch on it, but not enough to stop the ball getting to the striker. In a matter of time the striker had put the ball in the back of the net and West Adelaide were up 4-3. I couldn't believe it, no-one could believe it, the West Adelaide Players, Parents & Coaches were in pure jubilation to come from 3-1 down to win 4-3. Adelaide City Players, Parents & Coaches all thought how they let a 3-1 lead let slip.

As the final whistle sounded, the Adelaide City players were in complete & utter shock, while the West Adelaide players still couldn't believe they had one the game. It was like they had one a World Cup they celebrated with such passion. I guess it was a big game for both teams as I have seen West Adelaide face off against Adelaide City, which has turned into a derby.

All in all, it was a TERIFFIC match to watch and be a part of, Id just like to say thankyou to both teams for putting on a great show and goodluck for your games this weekend.

Anyone else who was at the game?

skins
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Re: U14/A West Adelaide Vs U14/A Adelaide City

Post by skins »

had a feeling some 1 was gnna post this topic....

great game from what ive heard

LETHAL
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by LETHAL »

Great come back West Adelaide very impressed! You worked well and deserved that win you worked very hard for it!

Katwijk
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Katwijk »

was a brilliant comeback from west adelaide and i would love to be that lad who scored the equalizer and the winning goal

LETHAL
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by LETHAL »

MB10 wrote:was a brilliant comeback from west adelaide and i would love to be that lad who scored the equalizer and the winning goal
You scored the first goal though ay?

Katwijk
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Katwijk »

LETHAL wrote:
MB10 wrote:was a brilliant comeback from west adelaide and i would love to be that lad who scored the equalizer and the winning goal
maybe

LETHAL
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by LETHAL »

MB10 wrote:
LETHAL wrote:
maybe
You did! I know you well infact.

Katwijk
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Katwijk »

You scored the first goal though ay?[/quote]maybe[/quote]

You did! I know you well infact.[/quote]hmmmmmm can u give me a clue so i can find out who u are

Gate_13
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Gate_13 »

sorry i couldnt make it boys, great win, i was really happy to hear about what happend :D
COME ON YOU BLUES ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:D :D

Pao Thyra 13
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Pao Thyra 13 »

I THINK THE PARENTS WATCHING THE GAME WERE ALSO ENTERTAINING, PARTICULARLY THE GENTLEMAN SUPPORTING THE HOME TEAM WHO APPEARED TO HAVE HIS BRAINS MISTAKENLY PLACED IN HIS BIG NOSE RATHER THAN IN HIS HEAD. HE YELLED AT THE WEST ADELAIDE COACH FOR NOT STANDING IN THE "COACHES SQUARE" ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE FIELD. AFTER A GEOGRAPHICAL INVESTIGATION BY THE AWAY SUPPORTERS HE WAS KINDLY INFORMED THAT THE FIELD DID NOT EVEN HAVE A COACHES SQUARE MARKED OUT. ONE DIDN'T EXIST!!

ANYWAY, I SUPPOSE THE MOST PRODUCTIVE FEEDBACK HEARD FROM THE HOME PARENTS/SUPPORTERS WAS THEIR SILENCE AFTER THE GAME. I THINK THEY WERE EMBARASSED. AT LEAST I HOPE THEY WERE EMBARASSED, BECAUSE ONLY HUMANS EMBARASS THEMSELVES.

IN CONCLUSION, A PLEASURE TO BE A PART OF SUCH A GREAT GROUP OF PLAYERS, COACH AND SUPPORTERS. NOT TO MENTION A GREAT CLUB WITH A GREAT HISTORY AND AN EVEN GREATER FUTURE!!

:lol:
Last edited by Pao Thyra 13 on Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
GAMIETE O THRILLOS KAI O PIRAEUS

Pinga
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Pinga »

I Couldn't AGREE more with Yasou Re & Pao Thyra 13
The Boys dug deep and they came out with the result.

CM Punk
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by CM Punk »

WEST ADELAIDE !!! <3 :D

i like to create beauty ...
because im beautiful

Zander
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher