Sat Div 2 - halfway mark predictions?

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

Breakers17
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Sat Div 2 - halfway mark predictions?

Post by Breakers17 »

Looks pretty straightforward I reckon.

Promoted:
Sturt/Marion
Adelaide Villa

Relegated:
Hahndorf
Adelaide Cougars
Adelaide Uni (2)
Adelaide Budapest

No arguments?

darkknight
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Re: Sat Div 2 - halfway mark predictions?

Post by darkknight »

I am not sold on the 2nd spot yet. Whilst Sturt Marion appear to have it wrapped up (they are not as good as they appear by their results), I think 2nd spot is still up for grabs by a number of teams.

Time will tell.

Missing Post Count
Coach
Coach

Post by Missing Post Count »

darkknight wrote:I am not sold on the 2nd spot yet. Whilst Sturt Marion appear to have it wrapped up (they are not as good as they appear by their results), I think 2nd spot is still up for grabs by a number of teams.
Time will tell.
I'd agree with that.

Bitter1
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Bitter1 »

Bodø Glimt wrote:
darkknight wrote:I am not sold on the 2nd spot yet. Whilst Sturt Marion appear to have it wrapped up (they are not as good as they appear by their results), I think 2nd spot is still up for grabs by a number of teams.
Time will tell.
I'd agree with that.
Can you please explain why you agree with the comments about Sturt Marion??
From what I hear and from what I have seen this year they are a quality outfit that could possibly hold its own in Div 1 this year.
Aside from some injury concerns I believe they have at the moment they are still head and shoulders above the rest - even Villa!!

Missing Post Count
Coach
Coach

Post by Missing Post Count »

I'm agreeing that second spot is open to a number of teams.

Thumbs Gherkin
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Thumbs Gherkin »

darkknight wrote:...Whilst Sturt Marion appear to have it wrapped up (they are not as good as they appear by their results)...
Can't make sense of that one - what else can you go by in amateur football?

Sturt are a decent side - but there is little between them, Cove, and Villa (at least). Look at all the games they've played against each other - there's rarely been more than a goal separating them (same last year in the games between Cove and Sturt). We're only halfway through, there's still a lot of football to be played and no one has anything wrapped up yet.
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe that you are the best and then make sure that you are. In my time at Liverpool we always said we had the best two teams in Merseyside, Liverpool and Liverpool reserves" Bill Shankly

AHOS
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by AHOS »

2nd place is anybody's

Jack Mehorf
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Jack Mehorf »

33 points still up for grabs.......We play Sturt Marion this weekend which will be a good test to see how far we have come in the last 3 months after a rd 1 belting. We did play them 6 weeks ago in the cup and it took a late equaliser on Sturts behalf to push it into extra time. (3-4 AET) Looking forward to a great game but it won't make or break us either way. :)

Govilla
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Govilla »

Bitter1 wrote:
Bodø Glimt wrote:
Time will tell.
I'd agree with that.
Can you please explain why you agree with the comments about Sturt Marion??
From what I hear and from what I have seen this year they are a quality outfit that could possibly hold its own in Div 1 this year.
Aside from some injury concerns I believe they have at the moment they are still head and shoulders above the rest - even Villa!!
Walk the Talk.... Saturday

Ronnie#10
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Ronnie#10 »

How are F.C Adelaide traveling recently? They are sitting about 5th aren't they?

Went & watched them quite a few weeks ago against the M.A Hawks & they won that game 1-0 but shouldn't been more.
TEA TREE GULLY CITY 2007 DIV 2 RESERVES CHAMPIONS!

wackwack
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by wackwack »

FC Adelaide are doing OK, 7 players out injured from first 3 weeks, so a bit of restructuring happening, if we win our game in hand over Cougars, we will be 3rd, 1 point behind Villa, so should be a interesting 2nd half of the season especially when we get some fit players back in the squad.

sweeps
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by sweeps »

Time will tell.
great call.... Massive egos down at Sturt Marion.
The Vision of a Champion is someone who is bent over, drenched in sweat, and the point of exhaustion, when no one else is around!

Monkey Boy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Monkey Boy »

Realistically Sturt have all right to have big egos as they are proven players and are genuinely a first div team. They have wrapped it up and my guess is villa will come up with them as their experience will shine through....

AHOS
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by AHOS »

sweeps wrote:

Time will tell.
Not really. They seem alright to me. They don't brag or chest beat. They've had a cracker season against quality opposition.

Bitter1
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Bitter1 »

AHOS wrote:
sweeps wrote:

Time will tell.
Not really. They seem alright to me. They don't brag or chest beat. They've had a cracker season against quality opposition.
I would have to agree with AHOS on this - from what I have seen of Sturt they don't seem to have egos or be arrogant at all.
Compared to some of the players at Villa and Cove the Stutrt blokes are fine.
Think Sweeps might just be upset on NOT being part of what looks like a great side and club!!

Jack Mehorf
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Jack Mehorf »

Compared to some of the players at Villa and Cove the Stutrt blokes are fine.

WTF............................What games have you been watching :?:

ramosrules
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by ramosrules »

Jack Mehorf wrote:Compared to some of the players at Villa and Cove the Stutrt blokes are fine.

WTF............................What games have you been watching :?:
I dont think either three teams have been over the top, everyone has a bit of banter, nothing too personal, although the Cove coach wouldn't shutup and the centre back from Sturt (the fat one) thought he was a superstar playing Div 2 amateurs :roll:
"IT LOOKS LIKE HODDLE HAS FOUND GOD, THAT MUST HAVE BEEN ONE HELL OF A PASS"

sweeps
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by sweeps »

ha...hardly!
The Vision of a Champion is someone who is bent over, drenched in sweat, and the point of exhaustion, when no one else is around!