FRATELLI D'ITALIA

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

Piola
Team Manager
Team Manager

FRATELLI D'ITALIA

Post by Piola »

FORZA ITALIA

Fratelli d'Italia,
l'Italia s'è desta,
dell'elmo di Scipio
s'è cinta la testa.
Dov'è la vittoria?
Le porga la chioma,
che schiava di Roma
Iddio la creò.

Stringiamoci a coorte,
siam pronti alla morte.
Siam pronti alla morte,
l'Italia chiamò.
Stringiamoci a coorte,
siam pronti alla morte.
Siam pronti alla morte,
l'Italia chiamo', sì!

Juventino
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: FRATELLI D'ITALIA

Post by Juventino »

Can't wait to hear that belted out at about 4:15.

Piola
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Piola »

Juventino wrote:Can't wait to hear that belted out at about 4:15.
its already being belted out at my place

no one sings it like the LAZIALI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAUckFw5004

FerrariTifosi27
Star Player
Star Player

Post by FerrariTifosi27 »

Can't wait to hear it at 4:15.

Have been playing it here as well loud and clear.

bradley
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by bradley »

I must admit, you guys have a solid National anthem.

Greece, France, Italy & Canada have great ones IMO.

bradley
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by bradley »

Adding onto that, the Australian one is absolutely atrocious.

And who the fuck sings about the queen and wants to be taken seriously.

BAGGIO 15
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by BAGGIO 15 »

Donadoni has taken Italian football backwards with the selection of old so called trusted players. Take a chance and actually select our best 11, what about DeRossi.

Missing Post Count
Coach
Coach

Post by Missing Post Count »

I quite like the Mexican one.

LFTWNG11
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by LFTWNG11 »

BAGGIO 15 wrote:Donadoni has taken Italian football backwards with the selection of old so called trusted players. Take a chance and actually select our best 11, what about DeRossi.
Camaronesi was the biggest joke.

Piola
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Piola »

hearing the boys sing the anthem was the highlight for the morning

the only thing they did perfectly

LFTWNG11
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by LFTWNG11 »

Disagree il duce... Di Natale was outstanding, could not believe he was taken off. Pirlo was also class... Grosso did well when he came on. Cassano also did well and should ofbeen on first instead of ADP. Barzagli was not a worry... Matrix on the other hand...

Disapointment of the night was Luca Toni. The bloke had 2 or 3 chances that if he was wearing a Viola or Bayern top would put away. Is he going to go boom for Italy in a major tournament?

Piola
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Piola »

LFTWNG11 wrote:Disagree il duce... Di Natale was outstanding, could not believe he was taken off. Pirlo was also class... Grosso did well when he came on. Cassano also did well and should ofbeen on first instead of ADP. Barzagli was not a worry... Matrix on the other hand...

Disapointment of the night was Luca Toni. The bloke had 2 or 3 chances that if he was wearing a Viola or Bayern top would put away. Is he going to go boom for Italy in a major tournament?
oh yeah, but Di Natale on his own isnt going to win us anything. as you said other players had good opportunities and didnt convert.

Grosso surely has to start next match with Zambro switching to the right..

Grosso----Chiellini??--Barzagli---Zambrotta

Dont think Panucci was the worst today but I would never play him centrally

LFTWNG11
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by LFTWNG11 »

Di Natale Toni Cassano

starting front 3.

Gamberini should be given the repsonsibility, bring him into the squad, use him he has been a bvetter performer this year than both Matrix and Barzagli. Full backs looked better at the end, so agree we should keep that.

Midfield, why didnt he change it up? How did De Rossi not start.

Piola
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Piola »

LFTWNG11 wrote:Di Natale Toni Cassano

starting front 3.

Gamberini should be given the repsonsibility, bring him into the squad, use him he has been a bvetter performer this year than both Matrix and Barzagli. Full backs looked better at the end, so agree we should keep that.

Midfield, why didnt he change it up? How did De Rossi not start.
best thing about Gamberini is he's not like the kind of guy who risks making a serious mistake or getting sent off but I cant see Donadoni putting trust in him

De Rossi?? f*ck knows why Ambro started instead. Why you change a proven midfield combination for the first game of the tournament??

agree with your starting front 3. ADP can come on as the impact player, or Quagliarella on the right. but Camo must be dropped surely

LFTWNG11
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by LFTWNG11 »

i dont even know how Camo makes the squad, should of come down with Juve v MV.

after seeing Cassano, he looks aboslute quality... i had Quagliarella ahead of him, but after his quality 20 mins... he could be that player he should of been at Euro 2004 (if not for denmark and sweden).

Piola
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Piola »

LFTWNG11 wrote:i dont even know how Camo makes the squad, should of come down with Juve v MV.

after seeing Cassano, he looks aboslute quality... i had Quagliarella ahead of him, but after his quality 20 mins... he could be that player he should of been at Euro 2004 (if not for denmark and sweden).
to be fair on Camo he had a great year with Juve and earnt his spot unlike some other players in the team (Matrix etc)

but in such a tough group Don cant afford second chances to underperforming players

Pinturicchio
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Pinturicchio »

all the subs did well when they came on all three created chances, camo was terrible, pirlo was avg for someone of his class his raidar wasnt quite at best, only reason i can see ambro starting is to keep that familiar milan midfield but ambro wasnt involved enough had to much pressure on pirlo as the only ball player de rossi wouldve taken that pressure off pirlo i think, materazzi seemed slow maybe injured, barzagli i dont think is ready, the strikers had years even tho they played with only one up front, gattuso gd as always, buffon was avg early on but stepped up a bit later.

delfino_1936
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by delfino_1936 »

agree, subs did well when they came on, but how do players like Camaro, Ambrosini and Panucci start??!! when we have ADP, Cassano, Perrotta, De Rossi and Grosso on the bench.
This is my starting XI for the next game

Buffon

Zamba-Chiellini-Barzagli-Grosso

-------Pirlo------Gattusso-----

-----------De Rossi------------

Di Natale----------------Perrotta

-------------Toni----------------

* ADP and Cassano very unlucky not to start, it's a tough choice out of ADP, AC, SP and ADN, but only 2 can be picked.
* If Luca Toni has another cabernet game against France and doesn't take his chances, i think bring him off the bench for the 3rd game

edit: Left out Aquilani and Quagliarella, 2 shiraz brilliant players. How are all these players going to get a game. At least we have options i say.

Piola
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Piola »

think Toni has to start, but could consider bringing on Borriello if he cannot seem to put anything away

Juventino
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Juventino »

And let's make sure there is support for Toni. Too many times there was nobody playing off him. Get Del Piero in there to do that, like he does with Trez. Even Cassano can play that role.

Giallorossi
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Giallorossi »

agree toni had limited support all night - but di natale played well i thought. Also i am not convinced with barzagli i say give chiellini a chance and play grosso from the start.

Also next game de rossi, aquilani and perrotta surely one of them should start along with alex who can provide the link with toni. Bit if toni isn't firing against romania then give boriello a chance to shine and prove his worth!

LFTWNG11
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by LFTWNG11 »

il duce wrote:think Toni has to start, but could consider bringing on Borriello if he cannot seem to put anything away
Borriello should of come on with 20 to go... him and Toni up front, with ADP and Cassano either side... sort of liek when we attacked the fuckoutta Germany in the WC 06 Semi-Final

Ignite_10
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Ignite_10 »

use wont singing much this morning :wink:

a bit of vaseline
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by a bit of vaseline »

Should coulda woulda. Its simple: man marking on the counter was horrific. The players who scored (besides van nistleroy) were in a paddock of their own. Worst defensive performance by the azzurri in many years

BAGGIO 15
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by BAGGIO 15 »

Gattuso is too slow and no longer a starting player for Italia. It is time for others to be given the chance, he was poor for milan for most of the season and again it appears we have a Trappatoni or Sacchi clone. Lets play the old names, they have all been scared of youth and felt they weren't experienced enough, didn't the WC win with players in form teach the rest of the coaches anything?

glebe
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by glebe »

BAGGIO 15 wrote:Donadoni has taken Italian football backwards with the selection of old so called trusted players. Take a chance and actually select our best 11, what about DeRossi.
i agree, he kept his buddy Panucci on who had a poor game. Dead wood.. im sorry but Luca Toni does not fit into that team.

El Pibe D'Oro
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by El Pibe D'Oro »

I love how everybody gets on Luca Toni's back - Italy play a 4-3-3, he is the best target man in world football - he had a few chances, didnt take them - lets start to panic if we drop points to Romania.

next game line up vs Romania -

Buffon; Zambrotta, Barzagli, Chiellini, Grosso; De Rossi, Gattuso, Pirlo; Di Natale, Camoranesi, Toni.

Defensively Italy were susceptible ON THE BREAK.

Piola
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Piola »

same goes for wednesday morning

biggest match for the Azzurri since the Scotland game, and before that il finale.

FORZA ITALIA

Fratelli d'Italia,
l'Italia s'è desta,
dell'elmo di Scipio
s'è cinta la testa.
Dov'è la vittoria?
Le porga la chioma,
che schiava di Roma
Iddio la creò.

Stringiamoci a coorte,
siam pronti alla morte.
Siam pronti alla morte,
l'Italia chiamò.
Stringiamoci a coorte,
siam pronti alla morte.
Siam pronti alla morte,
l'Italia chiamo', sì!

Madridista612
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Madridista612 »

The music to the Spanish national anthem is pretty good but we don't have words to our anthem....we tried to but it turned out to be a complete joke, no one in Spain liked the fact that we were suddenly going to get lyrics so we just kept it the way it is. As for the Italian national team and what they should play....AQUILANI PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF SWEET JESUS CHRIST IN HEAVEN PLAY THAT GUY!!! He's young, he's got a mad crack, passing is good, no slouch in defence, really he just offers that surprise factor, you just never know when he's going to shoot, and even if he doesn't score he could just win a vital corner etc. My line up would be:

GK Buffon

RB Zambrotta CB Materrazi CB Chiellini LB Grosso

RCM Pirlo DCM Gattuso LCM Aquilani

RST Di Natale LST Cassano

CF Toni

Del Piero to come on for Cassano as the French defence tires
De Rossi on for Gattuso if it's getting late and Italy still need to win it.
ESPAÑA CAMPEONES DEL MUNDO 2010

El Pibe D'Oro
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by El Pibe D'Oro »

De Rossi has to start and should be the next captain for italy.