Prediction for biggest flop of the tournament

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

Missing Post Count
Coach
Coach

Prediction for biggest flop of the tournament

Post by Missing Post Count »

I predict spain
* hello fishy fishy *

Madridista612
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Re: Prediction for biggest flop of the tournament

Post by Madridista612 »

Geez be original everyone says Spain....I predict Greece (won't even make it out of the group), neither will Czech Republic, Italy I think will miss out as well, although I wouldn't be surprised if they went through....France, Italy or France, Netherlands to go through in that group.
ESPAÑA CAMPEONES DEL MUNDO 2010

El Pibe D'Oro
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by El Pibe D'Oro »

Gees talk about havin an each way bet - "derrr I reckon Italy wont, but wouldnt be surprised if they do" derrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Make up your mind - and originality - thats teh pot calling the kettle black - all you do is have a crack at Italy - well talk about a complex.

Missing Post Count
Coach
Coach

Post by Missing Post Count »

Madridista612 wrote:Geez be original everyone says Spain....I predict Greece (won't even make it out of the group), neither will Czech Republic, Italy I think will miss out as well, although I wouldn't be surprised if they went through....France, Italy or France, Netherlands to go through in that group.
And the fish bite... cue hidden text above !

# 9
Star Player
Star Player

Post by # 9 »

pretty much everyone is sceptical about that group mate. its the hardest group to make a prediction on who will progress. you'd be pretty blind to not see where he is coming from. italy are tipped to progress cause of their wold cup status, but that doesnt mean they cant flop too. whoever doesnt make it out of this group is just gonna be unlucky.

im gonna go out on a limb and say spain to flop. i bet ill be wrong tho :lol: :lol:

El Pibe D'Oro
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by El Pibe D'Oro »

Bodø Glimt wrote:
Madridista612 wrote:Geez be original everyone says Spain....I predict Greece (won't even make it out of the group), neither will Czech Republic, Italy I think will miss out as well, although I wouldn't be surprised if they went through....France, Italy or France, Netherlands to go through in that group.
And the fish bite... cue hidden text above !
What do you give a f%ark. The guy doesnt have 1% or originality in him.

Madridista612
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Madridista612 »

Why so cranky Scudetto, seriously keep your pants on, i'm sure bella Italia will make it through, yeh I gave my opinion on 4 possible teams that could flop....if you'd noticed I also said Spain is a potential flop. The mega flop will probably be Greece though, defending champions, out in the 1st round....and now the whole Greek community on this forum will get on my back.....watch. Jesus Christ you guys take everything personally.
ESPAÑA CAMPEONES DEL MUNDO 2010

getborn
Star Player
Star Player

Post by getborn »

germany.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Turkey & France
Ignore this signature

pires7
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by pires7 »

i don't see how a team not making it out of group C would be a flop unless they lose to Romania.

username
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by username »

Bomber wrote:Turkey & France
turkey cant be considered a flop as they are shite to begin with! it is expected!

Drusetta
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Drusetta »

France
For the Game. For the World.

Drusetta

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

username wrote:
Bomber wrote:Turkey & France
turkey cant be considered a flop as they are shite to begin with! it is expected!
Didnt they make the semis of a world cup not that long ago? :wink:
Ignore this signature

username
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by username »

yeh theyve been crap since then. didn't make world cup 06, scraped through to qualify for euro 08 and have been pathetic in recent friendlies. Hardly a form side going in!

chelsea91
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by chelsea91 »

Greece

username
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by username »

England...........oops, they already flopped! :)

Piola
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Piola »

Netherlands and either Czechs or Portugal

Romania are not cabernet, while Id expect us to beat them I wont be surprised if we dont

TM87
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by TM87 »

Greece

Motley
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Motley »

cant decide between spain, netherlands or italy but I believe atleast 1 of these nations will not go past the first round. :wink:
ELLAS KINGS OF EURO 2004

Its who your mates are.

--------------------

COLOSSUS
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by COLOSSUS »

Not that it bothers me, but the ones saying that Greece will flop, how can you??? Its not a secret that Greece are NOT a big Nation in terms of Football. Its not a secret that Greece are again an UNDERDOG. Its also not a secret that Greece are NOT expected to do well, so how can you say we will flop???

If we dont make it through the group stages, sure we will be upset, but thats not because we were expected to go through, but rather because we are Greek and WANT to go through, thats a big difference i would of thought :wink:

If countries like Italy, France, Portugal & Spain dont get past the group stages, then that would be considered a FLOP, because these teams ARE expected to go through by not only their followers, but by ALL Football enthusiasts, commnetators, opposition teams etc etc etc

Maybe some of you should understand what FLOP really means before associating it with minnow Football Countries.

Greece should serve a reminder to the Football powerhouses that it takes more than some brilliant individuals to win tournaments, whilst at the same time, it should serve a clear message of hope to underdogs that the unthinkable & impossible can actually happen when you BELIEVE :wink:

Greece will make it through the group stages if it beats Sweden in that 1st & crucial group opener, you heard it from me. If they dont, they could well find themselves in trouble although not is all lost after a first game draw or loss 8)
Hawkesy wrote:COLOSSUS...........Congratulations, you have won the title fair a square.

PLEASE WELCOME THE NEW WNID UP KING

Outlaw 2.0
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Outlaw 2.0 »

Italy........ will do what france did at WC 2002!
HA'WAY THE LADS

# 9
Star Player
Star Player

Post by # 9 »

COLOSSUS wrote:Not that it bothers me, but the ones saying that Greece will flop, how can you??? Its not a secret that Greece are NOT a big Nation in terms of Football. Its not a secret that Greece are again an UNDERDOG. Its also not a secret that Greece are NOT expected to do well, so how can you say we will flop???

If we dont make it through the group stages, sure we will be upset, but thats not because we were expected to go through, but rather because we are Greek and WANT to go through, thats a big difference i would of thought :wink:

If countries like Italy, France, Portugal & Spain dont get past the group stages, then that would be considered a FLOP, because these teams ARE expected to go through by not only their followers, but by ALL Football enthusiasts, commnetators, opposition teams etc etc etc

Maybe some of you should understand what FLOP really means before associating it with minnow Football Countries.

Greece should serve a reminder to the Football powerhouses that it takes more than some brilliant individuals to win tournaments, whilst at the same time, it should serve a clear message of hope to underdogs that the unthinkable & impossible can actually happen when you BELIEVE :wink:

Greece will make it through the group stages if it beats Sweden in that 1st & crucial group opener, you heard it from me. If they dont, they could well find themselves in trouble although not is all lost after a first game draw or loss 8)
you just won the lastr euro, that doesnt exactly make you 'that' small. your still an underdog of sorts, but you will still flop :wink:

delfino_1936
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by delfino_1936 »

COL, i think we are saying Greece can flop because they are the reigning Euro Champs.

For me France and Greece will flop

username
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by username »

greece vs croatia final.

COLOSSUS
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by COLOSSUS »

Rigoni 10 wrote:COL, i think we are saying Greece can flop because they are the reigning Euro Champs.

I still disagree because we won the tournament 4 years ago and we are a different team to that of 2004.
Also, we cant be considered a flop because the way UEFA have set it up with reigning Champions having to qualify like everybody else, we have proven oursleves by qualifying for the tournament, therefor, no flop there buddy :wink:

A flop would be a Powerhouse not getting out of the group stages, or a reigning Champion not even qualifying to defend their title, we are neither a Powerhouse Football Nation, nor did we fail to qualify so we could defend our title, so i think weve done pretty well. Remember that this is only the 4th Tournament we have ever qualified for, so i reckon your Flop theories are both wrong and irrelevant when talking about Greece in Football terms :D
Hawkesy wrote:COLOSSUS...........Congratulations, you have won the title fair a square.

PLEASE WELCOME THE NEW WNID UP KING

username
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by username »

COLOSSUS wrote:
Rigoni 10 wrote:COL, i think we are saying Greece can flop because they are the reigning Euro Champs.

I still disagree because we won the tournament 4 years ago and we are a different team to that of 2004.
Also, we cant be considered a flop because the way UEFA have set it up with reigning Champions having to qualify like everybody else, we have proven oursleves by qualifying for the tournament, therefor, no flop there buddy :wink:

A flop would be a Powerhouse not getting out of the group stages, or a reigning Champion not even qualifying to defend their title, we are neither a Powerhouse Football Nation, nor did we fail to qualify so we could defend our title, so i think weve done pretty well. Remember that this is only the 4th Tournament we have ever qualified for, so i reckon your Flop theories are both wrong and irrelevant when talking about Greece in Football terms :D

well said.

delfino_1936
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by delfino_1936 »

COLOSSUS wrote:

ok well you saying Greece aint a powerhouse is good enough for me :wink:

Fenerbahçe
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Fenerbahçe »

since yunanistan won 2004, all 16 teams have a chance thıs comp
Fenerbahce SK 1907: The most successful Turkish sports club.

Piola
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Piola »

pfft, you Greeks talk up Greece at every opportunity, say that they will make it out of the group etc and they have a real chance to win and then you also say that just making it to the comp is acceptable and anything else is a bonus

either say that Greece are an average side when compared with the real challengers or put your balls on the line and admit that anything less than quarter finals is failure.

cant have it both ways.

Motley
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Motley »

I dont hear you italians having the balls to say you will win it. Whatever the case may be you mafia diving pre madonnas will be considered as failures if you dont win the whole thing. Fact. Can go around pointing out problems with other teams but the clock is ticking and a round 1 exit is on the cards for the luigeez. :lol:

Bring it on and watch mighty ELLAS win their 2nd Euro. :wink:

The only way ELLAS wont win it, is if it is fixed (mafia managed) :twisted:

SIKOSETO
TO GAMIMENO
THEN BORO THEN BORO NA PERIMENO
ELLAS KINGS OF EURO 2004

Its who your mates are.

--------------------