Sunday Division 1: Round 2

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

Redders
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Sunday Division 1: Round 2

Post by Redders »

I’m definitely feeling the football fever, especially after tis mornings win :D So, I’ve decided to try and review this weeks round as best I can.

Ingle Farm vs. USC Lion
Early title contenders Ingle Farm take on an undermanned USC Lion at Walkleys Park. Farm crushed Div 1 newcomers West Beach 5-0 last week, with T Rutter returning to his old club bagging 4 . It’s hard to go past the Farm in this one, who have recruited extremely well in the off-season. Securing the services of T Rutter (Gleeson), A Dunt (East), M Clarke and D Eggers (Para Hills West) it could be argued Farm now boast the most depth in the Sunday Division 1. However, they will have to be aware of the last season’s top goal scorer, D Dobric, who bagged an inspirational hat trick the last time these two sides met. ;)

My Tip: Draw

Salisbury Florina vs. Para Hills East
Salisbury Florina who battled hard against a well oiled Elizabeth Vale, face a struggling Para Hills East side. With the apparent exodus of players at East, It looks like a long season ahead after being beaten convincingly by local rivals Para Hills West 4-0 last Sunday. Florina and M Andrea have a point to prove to ‘Monkey Boy’ this week, as they look to bounce back after last weeks disappointment. Both teams will be hungry for the points. It could be a close game at Underdown Park.

My Tip: Florina

Parafield Gardens vs. West Beach
On the back of another bone crunching derby, Parafield Gardens will look to get their first win on the board against a decimated West Beach. Gardens, always competitive at home should prove no match for Beach, who wont want to see a repeat of last weeks proceedings. Unfortunately for West Beach, it’s hard to see them winning this one, but stranger things have happened.

My Tip: Gardens

Pontian Eagles vs. Elizabeth Vale
Pontian face an even tougher test this week against the Cichanowski Cup winners, Elizabeth Vale. The Eagles play an excellent passing game, but could be exposed by a potent C Nicholls and M Brooks if their defence isn’t switched on. Vale will be high on confidence and will look to give the league a big shake this season. If Pontian can take anything out of this game, it should give them a lot of confidence for the season ahead.

Para Hills West vs. Elizabeth Downs
An experienced Downs outfit travels to a buoyant Para Hills West. A young west side will have nothing to lose after their thumping of East last week. The Downs who have also picked up a few quality signings will be hungry for a first win of the season. Could this be the upset of the round? Motts and his men will be gunning for a third title in as many years, which makes for an intriguing game at Northbri Avenue.

Robbo
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Re: Sunday Division 1: Round 2

Post by Robbo »

Here are the winners:

Farm vs Lion (Eggars brace) :twisted:
Florina vs Para Hills East
Gardens vs West Beach
Pontian vs Eliz Vale
Para Hills West vs Eliz Downs

M Andrea
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by M Andrea »

Redders :wink:

My Tips

Farm
Florina
Gardens
Pontian
Downs
Big boutso in golo!

CR7
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by CR7 »

farm-lion- draw
vale-pontians- draw
florina- east- florina
gardens-beach- gardens
downs-westies- downs

mackem in blue
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by mackem in blue »

farm v lion - farm
florina v east - florina
downs v westies - downs
vale v pontians - draw
gardens v beach - gardens
"I firmly believe that any mans finest hour - his greatest fulfillment to all he holds dear...... Is that moment when he has played his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the filed of battle....Victorious"

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

Nice little write up there Redders. I was thinking of doing something but glad you did cause its one less thing I have to do.

Farm v Lion will be a tough game. Lion was the team that impressed us the most last season with the way they knocked the ball around. This wont be as physical as other games we will come up against but it will be the game where we have to do the most running. I think we should be able to combat that and win the game in a close one. Djoko will get very tightly marked this week which is obvious.

This could be match of the round along with Ponitan v Vale. That will be a great game.

cleveland
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by cleveland »

great write up redders, should make it a weekly thing mate.
cleveland rocks!

cleveland
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by cleveland »

and by the way the winners are
farm
downs
gardens
vale
florina
cleveland rocks!

De Voyeur
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by De Voyeur »

ROBBO wrote:Here are the winners:

Gardens vs West Beach
Pontian vs Eliz Vale
I agree with Robbo's tips. Hopefully he also gets the Eggers bit right.

Mr X
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Mr X »

farm-lion- Farm
vale-pontians- Vale
florina- east- Florina - easily
gardens-beach- Gardens
downs-westies- Downs by heaps

King Kenny
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by King Kenny »

Farm-Lion (Farm 3-1) - Mr X to score a double and Redders will get his thrid goal of the season.
Vale-Pontians (Vale)
Florina-East (Florina)
Gardens-Beach (Gardens)
Downs-Westies (Draw)

Mr X
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Mr X »

Nice to see you on board King Kenny

Optimus Prime 07
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Optimus Prime 07 »

Farmer Joe wrote:

Gardens vs West Beach
Pontian vs Eliz Vale
Surely Paul Jones will be back in the A's...?

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

im surprised no-one has picked this up yet!!!!
Ingle Farm vs. USC Lion
Early title contenders Ingle Farm take on an undermanned USC Lion at Walkleys Park. Farm crushed Div 1 newcomers West Beach 5-0 last week, with T Rutter returning to his old club bagging 4 . It’s hard to go past the Farm in this one, who have recruited extremely well in the off-season. Securing the services of T Rutter (Gleeson), A Dunt (East), M Clarke and D Eggers (Para Hills West) it could be argued Farm now boast the most depth in the Sunday Division 1. However, they will have to be aware of the last season’s top goal scorer, D Dobric, who bagged an inspirational hat trick the last time these two sides met.

cant pick against himself can he??? otherwise he might be accused of being 'on the take' :D :D :D
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

Redders
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Redders »

MegaBonus wrote:im surprised no-one has picked this up yet!!!!
Ingle Farm vs. USC Lion
Early title contenders Ingle Farm take on an undermanned USC Lion at Walkleys Park. Farm crushed Div 1 newcomers West Beach 5-0 last week, with T Rutter returning to his old club bagging 4 . It’s hard to go past the Farm in this one, who have recruited extremely well in the off-season. Securing the services of T Rutter (Gleeson), A Dunt (East), M Clarke and D Eggers (Para Hills West) it could be argued Farm now boast the most depth in the Sunday Division 1. However, they will have to be aware of the last season’s top goal scorer, D Dobric, who bagged an inspirational hat trick the last time these two sides met.

cant pick against himself can he??? otherwise he might be accused of being 'on the take' :D :D :D
Never pick against my side :P We will be going there to win, but we will take a draw away from home. Especially with the players we have missing. I actually think we have a sneaky chance to win it. :shock: But wont let my tips suffer....

Picture this 1-1, 90th min penalty to Lion.. Redders blasts it over the bar.....hahaha

( dammit, i cant take the penalty now)

And just to confuse everyone, what ive tipped in my write up is different to the tipping comp :P

Lex Luthor
In Memory of Dylan Tombides
In Memory of Dylan Tombides

Post by Lex Luthor »

I trust there will be no match fixing involved redders :wink:

De Voyeur
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by De Voyeur »

Optimus Prime 07 wrote:
Farmer Joe wrote:

Gardens vs West Beach
Pontian vs Eliz Vale
Surely Paul Jones will be back in the A's...?
Jonesy will miss rounds 2 and 3 due to his wedding and honeymoon.