Downs Salary Budget

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

Mr X
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Downs Salary Budget

Post by Mr X »

Royal Park salary budget $0.00 Elizabeth Downs $Priceless
Last edited by Mr X on Wed Jul 05, 2006 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thierry
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by thierry »

riiiiiiiight....
must be sumfin in the water over there
---------------------------------------------------------------------

htfc

Post by htfc »

And your point is???

Redders
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Redders »

G'day X, having a good time i bet. There all a bit moody over hear, think there must be something in the water. :?

avenell_road
Star Player
Star Player

Post by avenell_road »

I, like most other members of this forum, would not have a clue how much the Downs pay their players.

However, the money the club has is derived from the efforts of the committee and other members who have worked tirelessly to generate sponsorship and bar revenue by making the club an attractive sporting and community outlet. This is unlike other amateur clubs who have one or two wealthy individuals paying players out of their own pocket and as a result have no genuine club spirit or loyalty.

The Downs are a model of success for any Amateur League club.

Left Right Out
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Left Right Out »

This raises a great Issue I suppose in Amatuer soccer and really theres no real WINNER when it comes down to it. Yes clubs pay some players but its how smart the clubs are doing this and who they pay and what they get for it. If a club gets to a position where it can pay players good on them I suppose, it would only be a problem if we got to the point when a RICH club kept winning the league (which hasnt happened in Sun Div1) Florina (as I believe) have spent a bit on there team this year but is it smart money?? Not really as they are in the bottom 3. But the Downs have spent wisley (If the rumours are true) and they are only RUMOURS but they are top and if they have paid say Ross Taylor well thats smart money as he has scored 15 goals at the half way point, Its something that cant be stopped, Personally I dont see a problem. Alot of clubs do it but at the end of the day its not how much a player gets paid its how good the players play and Gel as a team.

keepinitreal
In Memory of Dylan Tombides
In Memory of Dylan Tombides

Post by keepinitreal »

wasn't there a similar argument on this forum last year about adelaide villa??

i'd say its very good management by the clubs committee, we have no abramovich at the club bank-rolling us...just some good supporters & even better drinkers. :D

Left Right Out
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Left Right Out »

Ok yes the downs have good sponsors and better drinkers BUT be honest your 7 aside Comp pre season (which is fantastic) makes a fair profit and goes towards payments (I would imagine) so the likes of the Vale, Munno Para, Inter, Gardens and other Amatuer clubs help pay your players!!! This is why the Vale dont play there anymore, is that correct?

sparts
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by sparts »

yeah...give us some money! :lol:

blue moon
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by blue moon »

[quote="comeback kid"]Ok yes the downs have good sponsors and better drinkers BUT be honest your 7 aside Comp pre season (which is fantastic) makes a fair profit and goes towards payments (I would imagine) so the likes of the Vale, Munno Para, Inter, Gardens and other Amatuer clubs help pay your players!!! This is why the Vale dont play there anymore, is that correct?[/quote]

no, it was largely a fall out of their club invasion a couple of years ago after the derby game. i think they were hoping to create a domino effect, invade the downs, then munno para, peckers, florina, inter then man utd. fell at the first hurdle.

avenell_road
Star Player
Star Player

Post by avenell_road »

comeback kid wrote:Ok yes the downs have good sponsors and better drinkers BUT be honest your 7 aside Comp pre season (which is fantastic) makes a fair profit and goes towards payments (I would imagine) so the likes of the Vale, Munno Para, Inter, Gardens and other Amatuer clubs help pay your players!!! This is why the Vale dont play there anymore, is that correct?
Well any of the aforementioned clubs could, if they were willing to put in the effort, establish their own 7-a-side comp. Once again, it comes down to the effort of club volunteers which the Downs have in abundance.

Plus I would doubt very much that the 7-a-side is major revenue source for the Downs.

OldRedback
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by OldRedback »

As someone who has played and won the Downs 7s I can confirm that approx 90% of all entrance fees went out in prize money and I am sure that it cost more than that 10% left to put it it on. By the way, all chalengers to the Redbacks crown are welcome this year!

marooned
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by marooned »

[quote="avenell_road"] Once again, it comes down to the effort of club volunteers which the Downs have in abundance.

I can assure you that the Downs do not have an abundance of volunteers.
We do however have a few very hard working people putting their hands up constantly. Always looking for more volunteers.
http://www.edsc.com.au

"It's not how good you are, but how bad you want it"

BULLDOG
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by BULLDOG »

marooned wrote:
avenell_road wrote: Once again, it comes down to the effort of club volunteers which the Downs have in abundance.

We do however have a few very hard working people putting their hands up constantly. Always looking for more volunteers.
might have some spare time next year willy.how much do the volunteers get paid :lol: :lol: .
onoir diomasack

avenell_road
Star Player
Star Player

Post by avenell_road »

marooned wrote:
avenell_road wrote: Once again, it comes down to the effort of club volunteers which the Downs have in abundance.

I meant they have effort in abundance, not volunteers.

marooned
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by marooned »

get paid in yummy sausages bulldog. bulldogs love a good snag.

Olympic (Vista) Bhoy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Olympic (Vista) Bhoy »

I love a good shag......or did you say snag? :D

htfc

Post by htfc »

As was mentioned previosly the club uses all rego from 7-a-side to pay prizemoney and the basic operating costs for running the competition. (eg refs, lights balls, line marker etc.) In fact operating surplus is probably less than 5% and this is primarily there to cover unfinancial teams.
The money from the bar at 7-a-side go towards paying the clubs way in the off-season. The club leases the building at Argana Park for 12 months of the year so needs things in the off-season to pay its way.
The primary role and the origin of the 7-a-side comp is for people to who enjoy playing football in the off-season. Their is a demand there and the club in its primary role is about developing football in its local community. I think it does this very well.
Also irrespective of whether the Downs pays its players it still has managed over the years to invest considerably in developing and maintaining the facilities at Argana Park. You compared now to 6 or 7 years ago. There has been quantum leaps in the clubrooms, changerooms and also training pitches. The recent addition of new floodlighting has seen the clubs light up an training areas equivalent to 4 senior size pitches. Further additions soon will see the main pitch at the club able to host night matches.
All this has been done using a simple but sound business plan. How many clubs can boast a business plan?
The players are icing on the cake to the rest of what happened at the Downs providing great reward to all those volunteers who have put in great effort over the years.
I can go on.

Mr X
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Re: Downs Salary Budget

Post by Mr X »

[quote="Mr X"]Royal Park salary budget $0.00 Elizabeth Downs $Priceless

It just shows that clubs with resources, backing and supporters, are successful, as opposed to those who dont, downs look after their players therefore attracting and keeping their good players where as royal park dont even have a home ground at current.

Ron Burgundy
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Ron Burgundy »

Mr X wrote:Royal Park salary budget $0.00 Elizabeth Downs $Priceless

Greetings from Germany
I didnt know that the Downs had a Salary budget.
And royal park didnt shop very well with there $0.00 - they got ripped.

john dada

Post by john dada »

Mr X wrote:[
It just shows that clubs with resources, backing and supporters, are successful, as opposed to those who dont, downs look after their players therefore attracting and keeping their good players where as royal park dont even have a home ground at current.

You Were Caning Adelaide Villa last year because of thier "Huge" salary budget which they never had by the way. Funny how ya start singing a different song now :!: . Ross Taylor wanted to come to us at the beginning of season but what he wanted, we were not prepared to give so he came down to stamford bridge(aka Argana Park),. Coincedence?? Me Think not. Money Talks. Don't cane Royal Park or any other club for that matter. How long the Downs been in first Div?? How many first div titles?? Thats right, NONE :roll: :roll: :roll:

OldRedback
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by OldRedback »

You're full of it Dada (or should that be Dodo?), I know for a fact that RT's decision to go to the Downs had nothing to do with any kind of economics -in fact it probably costs him more to go all the way to Elizabeth rather than to another club (yours?) around the corner from him. He was treated very well by the guys at the Downs and made to feel welcome - something that doesn't cost a cent. That was a main influence of his decision so I would suggest that you revist the way that you go about revruiting palyers that you want or you may end up continuing to turn out mid table performances!

OldRedback
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by OldRedback »

You're full of it Dada (or should that be Dodo?), I know for a fact that RT's decision to go to the Downs had nothing to do with any kind of economics -in fact it probably costs him more to go all the way to Elizabeth rather than to another club (yours?) around the corner from him. He was treated very well by the guys at the Downs and made to feel welcome - something that doesn't cost a cent. That was a main influence of his decision so I would suggest that you revisit the way that you go about recruiting players that you want or you may end up continuing to turn out mid table performances!

john dada

Post by john dada »

OldRedback wrote:You're full of it Dada (or should that be Dodo?), I know for a fact that RT's decision to go to the Downs had nothing to do with any kind of economics -in fact it probably costs him more to go all the way to Elizabeth rather than to another club (yours?) around the corner from him. He was treated very well by the guys at the Downs and made to feel welcome - something that doesn't cost a cent. That was a main influence of his decision so I would suggest that you revisit the way that you go about recruiting players that you want or you may end up continuing to turn out mid table performances!

THe fact he is more than being compensated for the travel has nothing to with it :arrow: :?: We have a first Div Title after our first year in the league. How many seasons you guys been stringing together mid table perfomances :?: :?: :?:

Cerveza
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Cerveza »

ross is definitley no where near the highest paid player in the amatuer league. prob one of the best players though . great bloke and great player , hope he scores more

BULLDOG
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by BULLDOG »

how come royal parks budget is twice the size of vista's?
onoir diomasack

CR7
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by CR7 »

BULLDOG wrote:how come royal parks budget is twice the size of vista's?
haha classic

blue moon
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by blue moon »

THe fact he is more than being compensated for the travel has nothing to with it :arrow: :?: We have a first Div Title after our first year in the league. How many seasons you guys been stringing together mid table perfomances :?: :?: :?:[/quote]

JD, there are a number of teams, who have won the title in their first year in the first div, however often their decent out of the league is as rapid as their rise. EDSC has achieved sustainability both on the field and off over the last decade, which hopefully will now put them in a position to regularly challenge for the title over the next few years. odds on at this stage to win the title this year anyway. we'll see how villa do then over the next 5 or so years, if they're still in the first div. that is.

marooned
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by marooned »

Downs are in a handy position shaun wright but odds on favs have gone down in more photos than ive had luke warm dinners. if i was a gambling man i would say the two elizabeth teams will fill the quinnella and parafield to fill the trifecta for third. Maintaining the momentum is the key and if we fall then we build a bigger better squad next year if we win we build a bigger and better squad next year. We both know that money is not the answer, its the atmosphere within the whole club which will sustain us for years to come.

downsboynow
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by downsboynow »

Agree 100%