2024 Coaches

This forum is for the discussion of general coaching topics. Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

FootballNews is not responsible for any of the comments posted in this forum and this forum is moderated.

Moderator: Forum Admins

theorakle
Star Player
Star Player

Re: 2024 Coaches

Post by theorakle »

Nice One Cyril wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 5:27 pm
theorakle wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 5:01 pm so, what happened to andrew shore, and why, :?:
You're the Seaford Oracle, you tell us :lol:
sorry, ive been crook since xmas, :roll:

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by eagleboy »

theorakle wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 10:50 pm
theorakle wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 5:01 pm so, what happened to andrew shore, and why, :?:
Sorry to hear than. Take care. Pity your side is not in SL1 as you could watch on YouTube.

theorakle
Star Player
Star Player

Post by theorakle »

eagleboy wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 11:08 pm
Sorry to hear than. Take care. Pity your side is not in SL1 as you could watch on YouTube.
thanks for that mate, i went to the mt barker game, i spoke to andrew after the game, didnt seem to be a problem then cheers, :|

Yodel
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Yodel »

I think you're right with Cumby , he should be worried.

BeNatural
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by BeNatural »

homer wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 10:08 pm Might be a few more over the weekend I think mainly southern clubs sturt cumby south
I seriously doubt South would sack Rideout, you may have a walk out of their two best players who along with Moss are holding the team up in the NPL.

And I would be surprised also with Fusco unless he steps down. Considering their involvement in the club.

homer
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by homer »

BeNatural wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 11:38 am
homer wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 10:08 pm Might be a few more over the weekend I think mainly southern clubs sturt cumby south
I seriously doubt South would sack Rideout, you may have a walk out of their two best players who along with Moss are holding the team up in the NPL.

And I would be surprised also with Fusco unless he steps down. Considering their involvement in the club.
So south are being held to Ransom because of his brothers? One of which has been underwhelming from what I have seen and Moss has also been very average and doesn’t even look like he wants to be there

Lino should step down the guy isn’t even a coach some fresh eyes come in and get some results maybe reward Daniel Paterson?
We spent a lot of time talking about Africa, as we should. Africa is a nation that suffers from incredible disease
George W. Bush

Choppy
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Choppy »

So what should South do? Coach isn't to standard, JJ their best player. Is Club leadership in charge, or are Rideouts in charge? A good test for South, however suspect they won't do a thing. JJ will.leave EOY if they get relegated, however is it worth losing a season when strong leadership could keep them up...

gazza
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by gazza »

Choppy wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 5:43 pm So what should South do? Coach isn't to standard, JJ their best player. Is Club leadership in charge, or are Rideouts in charge? A good test for South, however suspect they won't do a thing. JJ will.leave EOY if they get relegated, however is it worth losing a season when strong leadership could keep them up...
From an outsider looking in, I see a few volunteers working their butt off against the odds.
May be they need the federation to step in and help with advice restructuring and planning. Unfortunately the focus of the FSA appears to be directed in increasing academies numbers and school holiday clinics which should be left to clubs.

SP999
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by SP999 »

If clubs allow underperforming or incompetent coaches to continue, they suffer relegation consequences.

If the club management is not strong-willed enough to remove that underperforming coach, they should remove themselves and let others step in to run clubs professionally.

If players (e.g. JJ) are holding clubs to ransom then that will backfire eventually.

gameon
In Memory of Dylan Tombides

Post by gameon »

SP999 wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 11:57 am If clubs allow underperforming or incompetent coaches to continue, they suffer relegation consequences.

If the club management is not strong-willed enough to remove that underperforming coach, they should remove themselves and let others step in to run clubs professionally.

If players (e.g. JJ) are holding clubs to ransom then that will backfire eventually.
You make it sound like there are plenty of quality coaches, players and club volunteers out there. Not easy to run a club these days especially when competing in top leagues.

SP999
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by SP999 »

gameon wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 4:03 pm
SP999 wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 11:57 am If clubs allow underperforming or incompetent coaches to continue, they suffer relegation consequences.

You make it sound like there are plenty of quality coaches, players and club volunteers out there. Not easy to run a club these days especially when competing in top leagues.
Ok, fair point if there are truly no alternatives.

Maybe harder to find out South or wherever there is a need for replacement.

gazza
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by gazza »

how do you arrive to your conclusion without being at the coal face?
Last year people were saying the same thing yet they managed to stay in the top league.
From my perspective I see a coach that is doing as much as he can with the resources and support he has.
sure, they had a couple of bad games but also had some bad luck.
Apart from a couple of players maybe three, the rest would struggle to get a game in any other Club.
they are competing against Clubs like Campbelltown that have the luxury to play Melisi in the reserves or Metro that against United had a bench that read Barbiero Pedicini and Jones and a sick room with at least 4 walk up starters on long term injuries.
Too easy to call him incompetent.

milkyway
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by milkyway »

gazza wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 4:55 pm

Last year people were saying the same thing yet they managed to stay in the top league.
From my perspective I see a coach that is doing as much as he can with the resources and support he has.
Apart from a couple of players maybe three, the rest would struggle to get a game in any other Club.
they are competing against Clubs like Campbelltown that have the luxury to play Melisi in the reserves or Metro that against United had a bench that read Barbiero Pedicini and Jones and a sick room with at least 4 walk up starters on long term injuries.
Jones started against Adelaide United. Christian D'Angelo was on the bench.
www.emporiocicli.com.au
eBAY xlentcyclist

SP999
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by SP999 »

gazza wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 4:55 pm

The first and second statements are general ones that apply to underperforming coaches in any league. The last one refers to South.

theorakle
Star Player
Star Player

Post by theorakle »

theorakle wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 9:05 am
eagleboy wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 11:08 pm
thanks for that mate, i went to the mt barker game, i spoke to andrew after the game, didnt seem to be a problem then cheers, :|
new coach is calderbank, i dont know the reasons, as yet i have no info,cheers, :?:

BeNatural
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by BeNatural »

BeNatural
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by BeNatural »

Christian Lonardo appointed at Adelaide Hills.

Oldboy10

Post by Oldboy10 »

who is that

Football0008
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Football0008 »

Surely some questions are being asked at Adelaide city