preseason cup finals

This forum is for the discussion of women's football, the fastest growing participation sport in Australia. This includes local women's football and the A-League Women.

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, Forum Admins

BeNatural
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

preseason cup finals

Post by BeNatural »

At 6pm is will be 36C at Gepps Cross. By 8pm is will cool down a bit to 31C.

They should postpone the WSL final. These are non professional players who aren’t equipped with pre, during and after match safety and recovery conditions with hot weather.

Riggles64
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Re: preseason cup finals

Post by Riggles64 »

Common sense. I've been a follower of the local soccer scene for a couple of decades and I really see a game cancelled. Wet weather an unplayable pitch? Cancelled. Hot weather. Rarely. A decade or so it used to be the wet bulb test the federation hung on to in order to justify that a game could continue. Wet bulb or not, common sense indicates that 36 degrees at 6 is NOT the time to play. Professional or not. Just walk outside and it's clear that the temp is not conducive to health and safety of players and officials.

My wet bulb said it was not good to play.

brushmancity
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by brushmancity »

Congratulations to Elizabeth Grove on winning the State league cup over Campbelltown on penalties. My daughter told me they had 2 drinks break each half to intake fluids. First half was HOT but cooled down second half.

United We Stand
Star Player
Star Player

Post by United We Stand »

What about congratulations to the Adelaide Comets beating a good West Adelaide 4-0 in the PreSeason Cup Final?

I have just retuned to Adelaide and asked who won the NPL PreSeason Cup.
Last edited by United We Stand on Thu Apr 11, 2024 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nathanburns15
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by nathanburns15 »

congratulations to the Adelaide Comets beating a good West Adelaide 4-0 in the PreSeason Cup Final