Silly Season

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

Post Reply
User avatar
haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player
Posts: 3331
Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2006 3:42 pm
Has thanked: 32 times
Been thanked: 23 times

Silly Season

Post by haywood djablowme »

2 BIG rumours

Doors to close on 2 multiple championship winning Sunday Div 1 clubs, both with a rich history in the SAASL

Sad days if true
SAASL SUNDAY PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPION 2010 2011
SAASL CHALLENGE CUP WINNER 2008 2010 2011
SAASL CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS WINNER 2010
SAASL CICHANOWSKI SHIELD WINNER 2009 2011 2012

edenhazard
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher
Posts: 52
Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2019 6:12 pm
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: Silly Season

Post by edenhazard »

Moving to feds?

Redflag1
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer
Posts: 577
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:47 pm

Re: Silly Season

Post by Redflag1 »

edenhazard wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 12:58 pm Moving to feds?
Would of heard of it by now.
I don't think doors closing means going to another league.

blue moon
Squad Player
Squad Player
Posts: 1219
Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2004 8:34 am
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Silly Season

Post by blue moon »

assume Gardens. other vale or inter??

User avatar
redfred
Squad Player
Squad Player
Posts: 1770
Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:13 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Silly Season

Post by redfred »

Macedonia?
"The trouble with referees , they know the rules , but they don't know the game." Bill Shankly

nathanburns15
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer
Posts: 862
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:45 pm
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 6 times

Re: Silly Season

Post by nathanburns15 »

edenhazard wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 12:58 pm Moving to feds?
Jumping off the sinking ship and heading to CSL perhaps

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain
Posts: 5186
Joined: Fri Aug 11, 2006 9:11 pm
Been thanked: 16 times

Re: Silly Season

Post by bloodypassit »

nathanburns15 wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 12:02 pm
Jumping off the sinking ship and heading to CSL perhaps
Nah, that's a recent Sat Div 1 club intending to move to CSL next season

LUFC_MOT
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher
Posts: 68
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:01 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: Silly Season

Post by LUFC_MOT »

blue moon wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 10:08 am assume Gardens. other vale or inter??
Inter just announced their coach again for next season and have been advertising for their junior fed coaching roles.

Pretty sure their trying to get bigger.. can't see the doors their closing in a hurry

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain
Posts: 5186
Joined: Fri Aug 11, 2006 9:11 pm
Been thanked: 16 times

Re: Silly Season

Post by bloodypassit »

Macedonia could be another ?

Olimpico
Ball Boy
Ball Boy
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2022 8:33 pm
Has thanked: 5 times

Re: Silly Season

Post by Olimpico »

Not specifically these two clubs, but are any clubs joining NPL for next season?

dhoyle
Apprentice
Apprentice
Posts: 112
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:29 pm
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: Silly Season

Post by dhoyle »

Olimpico wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 9:56 pm Not specifically these two clubs, but are any clubs joining NPL for next season?
Yeah, Raiders and Knights are joining the NPL next season.

Olimpico
Ball Boy
Ball Boy
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2022 8:33 pm
Has thanked: 5 times

Re: Silly Season

Post by Olimpico »

OK. Any amateur clubs joining NPL SA, SL1 or SL2?

edenhazard
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher
Posts: 52
Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2019 6:12 pm
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: Silly Season

Post by edenhazard »

Ghan happy to go down to div 2 or use this opportunity to go to SL?

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain
Posts: 5186
Joined: Fri Aug 11, 2006 9:11 pm
Been thanked: 16 times

Re: Silly Season

Post by bloodypassit »

FSA will be accepting club nominations to enter SL2 in 2025

dhoyle
Apprentice
Apprentice
Posts: 112
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:29 pm
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: Silly Season

Post by dhoyle »

Olimpico wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 1:09 am OK. Any amateur clubs joining NPL SA, SL1 or SL2?
They'd have to come in at SL2 and work their way up.
I don't think so though.
Collegiate league maybe

Gardensgoon
Apprentice
Apprentice
Posts: 211
Joined: Fri May 15, 2009 2:10 pm

Re: Silly Season

Post by Gardensgoon »

Amateur league is on life support and has finally become amateur again.
The ffsa played the long game and it’s worked. Downs might miss the boat if not careful.

English
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer
Posts: 632
Joined: Sat Jun 10, 2006 12:00 am
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 10 times

Re: Silly Season

Post by English »

Gardensgoon wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 11:00 pm Amateur league is on life support and has finally become amateur again.
The ffsa played the long game and it’s worked. Downs might miss the boat if not careful.
Yep. Amazing what happens when you’re not even reactive, let alone proactive. Knock down SAASL and start it again.

Old Redback
Squad Player
Squad Player
Posts: 1645
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:10 pm
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Silly Season

Post by Old Redback »

LUFC_MOT wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 1:04 pm
blue moon wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 10:08 am assume Gardens. other vale or inter??
Inter just announced their coach again for next season and have been advertising for their junior fed coaching roles.

Pretty sure their trying to get bigger.. can't see the doors their closing in a hurry
Inter coach stepped away and players have left - could it be curtains at Underdown?

LUFC_MOT
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher
Posts: 68
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:01 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: Silly Season

Post by LUFC_MOT »

Old Redback wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 5:08 pm
LUFC_MOT wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 1:04 pm
blue moon wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 10:08 am assume Gardens. other vale or inter??
Inter just announced their coach again for next season and have been advertising for their junior fed coaching roles.

Pretty sure their trying to get bigger.. can't see the doors their closing in a hurry
Inter coach stepped away and players have left - could it be curtains at Underdown?
New coach has been appointed apparently.... just waiting for the official statement

fsn1926
Apprentice
Apprentice
Posts: 224
Joined: Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:27 am

Re: Silly Season

Post by fsn1926 »

LUFC_MOT wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 5:40 pm
Old Redback wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 5:08 pm
LUFC_MOT wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 1:04 pm
blue moon wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 10:08 am assume Gardens. other vale or inter??
Inter just announced their coach again for next season and have been advertising for their junior fed coaching roles.

Pretty sure their trying to get bigger.. can't see the doors their closing in a hurry
Inter coach stepped away and players have left - could it be curtains at Underdown?
New coach has been appointed apparently.... just waiting for the official statement
Is it you
Formerly know as YIDDO

User avatar
haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player
Posts: 3331
Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2006 3:42 pm
Has thanked: 32 times
Been thanked: 23 times

Re: Silly Season

Post by haywood djablowme »

Keith Arnold
SAASL SUNDAY PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPION 2010 2011
SAASL CHALLENGE CUP WINNER 2008 2010 2011
SAASL CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS WINNER 2010
SAASL CICHANOWSKI SHIELD WINNER 2009 2011 2012

BeNatural
Team Manager
Team Manager
Posts: 9915
Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:37 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: Silly Season

Post by BeNatural »

Modbury Jets splashing big cash on players, going to need it to be competitive in Div 1.

4-4-2
Promising Junior
Promising Junior
Posts: 306
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:28 am

Re: Silly Season

Post by 4-4-2 »

BeNatural wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 6:33 pm Modbury Jets splashing big cash on players, going to need it to be competitive in Div 1.
I think you are referring to the fake jets aka modbury soccer club. Modbury Jets have won div 1 for the last 3 seasons

BeNatural
Team Manager
Team Manager
Posts: 9915
Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:37 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: Silly Season

Post by BeNatural »

4-4-2 wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 9:41 pm
BeNatural wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 6:33 pm Modbury Jets splashing big cash on players, going to need it to be competitive in Div 1.
I think you are referring to the fake jets aka modbury soccer club. Modbury Jets have won div 1 for the last 3 seasons
:lol:

Modbury Jets @ Ridgehaven have signed Anthony Solagna

jax10
Ball Boy
Ball Boy
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:54 pm

Re: Silly Season

Post by jax10 »

Any more player movements this year? I know Tea Tree Gully have signed at least 5 new players.

Redflag1
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer
Posts: 577
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:47 pm

Re: Silly Season

Post by Redflag1 »

4-4-2 wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 9:41 pm
BeNatural wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 6:33 pm Modbury Jets splashing big cash on players, going to need it to be competitive in Div 1.
I think you are referring to the fake jets aka modbury soccer club. Modbury Jets have won div 1 for the last 3 seasons
Comparing Saturday Amateurs to Sunday amateurs is like compaing the SPL to the EPL.

dhoyle
Apprentice
Apprentice
Posts: 112
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:29 pm
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: Silly Season

Post by dhoyle »

Redflag1 wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 7:39 am
4-4-2 wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 9:41 pm
BeNatural wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 6:33 pm Modbury Jets splashing big cash on players, going to need it to be competitive in Div 1.
I think you are referring to the fake jets aka modbury soccer club. Modbury Jets have won div 1 for the last 3 seasons
Comparing Saturday Amateurs to Sunday amateurs is like compaing the SPL to the EPL.
I don't think he compared them at all, he just clarified who Modbury Jets actually are?
Also isn't the Cichanowski Shield, which is played between the winners of the Saturday and Sunday Leagues, currently held by a Saturday club (that is, the real Modbury Jets)... Are we saying Sunday League is the SPL?

User avatar
Royal Blues
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:49 am
Has thanked: 1 time

Re: Silly Season

Post by Royal Blues »

:lol:

Post Reply