Goal Difference ?

This forum is for the discussion of women's football, the fastest growing participation sport in Australia. This includes local women's football and the A-League Women.

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, Forum Admins

The General
Squad Player
Squad Player

Goal Difference ?

Post by The General »

is there a different ruling for women's leagues when it comes to goal difference ?

I thought the rule was , if the goal difference is the same, the team having scored more goals is said to have the better goal difference ?

Just looking through the divisions, in div1, and div 2 does not appear to be the case ?
any comments please ?

Hydration Officer
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Re: Goal Difference ?

Post by Hydration Officer »

seems to be unless it is the NPL, it does not matter to them , I am sure if it was womens NPL would've been corrected straight away.

united92
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by united92 »

I believe it goes on head to head before it goes to higher goals scored. That's what I'm lead to believe anyway.

Hydration Officer
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Hydration Officer »

Then they need to change the FFSA rules , under Goal Difference ( no 47. 2d ) where it states that when two teams have the same goal difference, team having scored more goals has the better goal difference.

Was changed some time ago, use to be the team that conceded less, then they changed it to try and encourage more attacking football.
Only seems to be in the womens /girls leagues that it needs to be corrected, all the Mens /boys leagues are as per the rule above ( had some spare time to check it out )
Maybe whoever is looking after the womens/girls tables is not aware yet ?