Sunday Div 4 News & Results

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

Dissapointment
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Sunday Div 4 News & Results

Post by Dissapointment »

Noarlunga B's won 5-0

Noarlunga A's 3-1

Bobbly pitch really didnt help, loads of stray passes and horrible efforts to control the ball. I think unley will get a load of different results away from home on some of the better kept pitches. Just trying to get the ball on the deck and playable was difficult, especially around the top of the box. Both teams struggled with this. Still, a fun game to play, Unley clearly knowing their pitch and tried to cut down space on every pass. Look forward to next game!

ManicD
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by ManicD »

A's: Athelstone 4 Croatia 4
B's: Athelstone 2 Croatia 1

Hatchet Squad
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Hatchet Squad »

Reserves
Sierra 2 - 1 Aldinga
Our keeper was best on by a mile and kept us in it numerous times. The were a very technically gifted team and some of the flicks and tricks were top shelf. Saying that we could've come away with a draw if not for a good save by their keeper at the end. Unlucky but that's football.

First team
Sierra 4 - 3 Aldinga
I have to watch what I say regarding the officiating of this game. This could quite possibly be the worst case of blatant favouring I've ever seen at a game. The game started in lively fashion with a quick goal from some smart thinking at a free kick. Ball played wide of the wall to find our player unmarked 1-0. They then equalized and scored another to make it 2-1 Sierra. Our forward then refused to give up the chase and his hard work payed off when he bundled the ball over the line 2-2 at half time. Sierra took the lead in the 2nd half only for us to snatch one back with our substitutes first touch 3-3. Sierra then went onto win the game with a dubious penalty that they didn't deserve. Keeper said he dived over him and the ref points to the spot. Heart break at the death. Now to the officiating. Some decisions today were baffling. One player concedes a free kick only to throw the ball into the ground. Not much in it, maybe a little dissent but certainly not worthy of a send off. Apparently the ref said it was his 2nd yellow which was wrong. we even asked him to check his book which he refused. Down to 10 men. Numerous times our players were hit with late challenges or just blatant bad tackles that the ref chose to ignore. Then the icing on the cake. Our midfielder after the game is talking to his parents when the referee went over and sent him off after the game for what we still don't know. When our official asked him what he'd been sent off for, he flat out refused to say why. We are going to lodge a report to the SAASL but we know nothing will come about it. Just on a side note, how about the SAASL actually use some of their money and get some new goals on pitch 3. One of the goals is leaning back on quite an angle and if it were a federation game then it wouldn't be allowed to go ahead.
“Well done lad, but remember, you’re still only half as good as I was” – Dixie Dean to Bob Latchford after his 30th league goal in ’78

Hatchet Squad
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Hatchet Squad »

Round 11
Croatia v Andrews Farm - Andrew's Farm come into this off the back of some very ordinary performances. Conceding 24 goals in the last 2 weeks is a little concerning to say the least. Croatia have been playing quite consistently and drew last week against the free scoring, improving Athelstone. Croatia o win and win well 10-1

Noarlunga v Athelstone - Noarlunga at home is always a difficult assignment for any team and after losing 2 out of the last 3 they will be hoping to come away with the points. Athelstone have been smashing goals in left right and centre lately but still seem to be vulnerable at the back. They will have to play well defensively if they are to get anything from this game. It should be a tight contest but think that Noarlunga will win 2-1

Aldinga v Unley - Unley have lost 5 on the trot since the cup round but that is all in the past as we welcome them down to Shark Park. Our pitch is deteriorating every week and as such is not in the greatest shape. I feel we deserved something out of the game last week against sierra and were unlucky. Some of the decisions were also quite baffling and I really hope he never officiates us again. No prediction here

Mawson Lakes v Sierra - Sierra will believe they deserved their win last week but if the truth be known they had a little help from the referee. Take nothing away from them though, they have some genuinely talented players and some of the flicks and tricks were brilliant. Mawson Lakes came up against a very strong Seaford team last week and were smashed 12-1. That being said they seem to improve with every game they play and losing by that margin to the best team in the div should not dampen their enthusiasm. I'm hoping that lakes get something from this game but I can't see it happening unless they close down Sierra very early. Don't give them the time to settle on the ball, close them down and nullify their playmakers. Sierra 4-0

Centrals v Asia- Centrals are my surprise packet this year. They play some great free flowing football and they are a great bunch of lads to go with it. Thoroughly enjoyed playing against them. Asia are very up and down and consistency seems to be something they don't have. Centrals for me 5-1

Good luck to all teams this weekend
“Well done lad, but remember, you’re still only half as good as I was” – Dixie Dean to Bob Latchford after his 30th league goal in ’78

Dissapointment
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Dissapointment »

Still on about that ref Hatchet :lol:

Hatchet Squad
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Hatchet Squad »

He was rubbish lol

Dissapointment
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Dissapointment »

I really do hope you get him again this week for the hilarity of it all. Id love to see your face as he steps out of the changeroom ready to start!

Hatchet Squad
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Hatchet Squad »

Dissapointment wrote:I really do hope you get him again this week for the hilarity of it all. Id love to see your face as he steps out of the changeroom ready to start!
This is the same ref who witnessed a headbutt a few years ago and just turned his head like he didnt see it. I was standing right next to him when he turned around. He is a joke and should be treated as such. A total disgrace to the shirt and obviously only does it for the money.

THE ORAKLE
Star Player
Star Player

Post by THE ORAKLE »

anyone got any scores from todays games. :?:

Pukka Pies
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Pukka Pies »

Did you look in the results thread?

RowePark
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by RowePark »

mlsc b 2-8 sierra (0-3 HT)
keeper was awarded mom for mlsc, could of been a lot more, sierra are very fit and ran riot towards the end of second half. dunno about the player mooning the crowd after scoring.. bit wrong with kids around :)

mlsc a 0-6 sierra (0-1 HT)
good first half from mlsc, sierra showing the fitness and finishing to see the game out.

good bunch of lads thanks for the game.

ManicD
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by ManicD »

Noarlunga beat Athelstone 3-2 in the A's

Athelstone forfeited the B's due to lack of players as injuries and sickness hit the squad.

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

ManicD wrote:Noarlunga beat Athelstone 3-2 in the A's

Athelstone forfeited the B's due to lack of players as injuries and sickness hit the squad.
4-2 in the a's

THE ORAKLE
Star Player
Star Player

Post by THE ORAKLE »

WHAT ABOUT DINGY. :?:

MLSC-B's
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by MLSC-B's »

Gristy wrote:mlsc b 2-8 sierra (0-3 HT)
keeper was awarded mom for mlsc, could of been a lot more, sierra are very fit and ran riot towards the end of second half. dunno about the player mooning the crowd after scoring.. bit wrong with kids around :)

good first half from mlsc, sierra showing the fitness and finishing to see the game out.

The mooning was in the A game and it was at his own team mates on the side.
Just to clarify it wasn't at us and no offense was taken. Just was inappropriate as children were around.
good bunch of blokes with some great ball skills.

Hatchet Squad
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Hatchet Squad »

Ressies
Aldinga 5-1 Unley

First team
Aldinga 4-0 Unley

Hatchet Squad
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Hatchet Squad »

MLSC-B's wrote:
Gristy wrote:mlsc b 2-8 sierra (0-3 HT)

The mooning was in the A game and it was at his own team mates on the side.
Just to clarify it wasn't at us and no offense was taken. Just was inappropriate as children were around.
good bunch of blokes with some great ball skills.
If taking your shirt off is a booking when scoring then mooning should be a red. Did the ref even have a word with him ?

Dissapointment
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Dissapointment »

Lucky Athelstone forfeit the B's, Noarlunga were incredibly low on numbers as well due to injuries etc from what I understand. Half the B's played in the A's to fill in as well.

Cooper
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Cooper »

Dissapointment wrote:Lucky Athelstone forfeit the B's, Noarlunga were incredibly low on numbers as well due to injuries etc from what I understand. Half the B's played in the A's to fill in as well.
Incredibly low on number is a exaggeration we had the numbers to put out 2 full teams with 1 or 2 guys playing a game and a half to 2 games.

Hatchet Squad
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Hatchet Squad »

Hatchet Squad wrote:Ressies
Aldinga 5-1 Unley

First team
Aldinga 4-0 Unley
Ressies
We were 1-0 down going into the break after missing quite a few chances. Unley took their chance and took it well after a nice ball over the top. They could've extended their lead on a few occasions but couldn't finish off. Second half we looked far more the better team and the goals started to flow. They had a couple of chances but never really got into gear and we made them pay. Excellent job by Adam at doing the reffing. Completely none biased refereeing is what you want to see every week.

First Team
Aldinga 1-0 up thanks to another Craig Harrison headed goal. Unley not really offering any forward pressure and when Conor Welsh put us 2-0 with a nice finish from the Angle we were in cruise control. We added another couple in the second half thanks to a Steve Hawkins penalty and I'm not sure who bagged the 4th.
Only blight for the day was that not one Unley player came in for a shandy after the game.

Overall a satisfying day at the office for both grades. We can be pleased with where we're at, at the half way mark of the season, considering it's our first season. We now look forward to the 2nd half of the season and we can hopefully build on our strong start to this year.

Hatchet Squad
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Hatchet Squad »

How you guys looking this week Manic?

ManicD
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by ManicD »

Hatchet Squad wrote:

Too early to say but it'll be tight for numbers again this week - at least the following week at home we can supplement the B's with a few O/35s.

Hatchet Squad
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Hatchet Squad »

ManicD wrote:
Hatchet Squad wrote:

Too early to say but it'll be tight for numbers again this week - at least the following week at home we can supplement the B's with a few O/35s.
Well we certainly hope you get the numbers.

THE ORAKLE
Star Player
Star Player

Post by THE ORAKLE »

no predictions this week hatchett. :?:

Hatchet Squad
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Hatchet Squad »

THE ORAKLE wrote:no predictions this week hatchett. :?:
Bloody forgot George. I'll do em tomorrow

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

Hatchet Squad wrote:
THE ORAKLE wrote:no predictions this week hatchett. :?:
Bloody forgot George. I'll do em tomorrow
Jeez imagine if the SAASL forgot... there would be a lynching

THE ORAKLE
Star Player
Star Player

Post by THE ORAKLE »

they do til bloody wednesday night. :roll:

sweaty bollocks
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by sweaty bollocks »

Whats the pitches looking like for this w'end? At this stage is Noarlunga's pitch (WILFRED TAYLOR RESERVE) alright for tomorrow?

Hatchet Squad
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Hatchet Squad »

Round 12

Noarlunga v Croatia - Croatia travel south in a game that could see them leap frog Noarlunga on the ladder if they get the win. They have been playing well of late so I'm not ruling an away day win out. Noarlunga come into this game after 2 good wins on the trot and at home are always a difficult side to break down. Rumour going around that Croatia have a big function on Saturday night and that they wanted the game to be played at their place. If true then its poor form. Amateur football is about supporting your fellow clubs in your division. Politics aside this should be a cracker. Im going for a home win this week 3-2

SA Centrals v Seaford - Centrals come into this game knowing that they are the only team to take points off the league leaders. This along with them playing some great football of late, will give them some confidence of getting something out of this game. All that being said, Seaford are on top of the ladder for a reason and avery god reason. They simply have an outstanding TEAM. Everyone of them do whats required so that the team benefits. If this team stays together then I believe they will gain promotion next year as well as this year. Seaford to win this 3-1

Mawson Lakes v Unley - Unley have lost 6 on the bounce and rarely threatened Aldinga last week and I think their losing streak will continue against a team that has improved over the season (bar a few results). This is another game where the victor can go one game ahead of the other. This should be incentive for Lakes to take this right up to Unley and get the home win. Lakes 2-1

Aldinga v Athelstone - Aldinga looked comfortable in victory last week and were rarely threatened. We have a somewhat newly shaped team that we are looking at due in part to new players and injured players returning. We have some great depth which is a headache for the coaching staff but a welcomed headache. Athelstone are the leagues leading scorers so our defence must be swithced on from the very start. No prediction here

Andrews Farm v Asia - Andrews Farm come into this game after 3 very heavy defeats yet they can pull level with Asia if they get the points. Asia are very up and down and depending on which team turn up goes a long way to determining the result. Farm to put up a fight this week and get at least a draw. 2-2 for me

Good luck to all teams this week

THE ORAKLE
Star Player
Star Player

Post by THE ORAKLE »

i have been told centrals vs seaford has been cancelled due to a waterlogged pitch. this may be true. i also know its ramadan and perhaps centrals dont want to play sunday. so iam asking just where seaford stand on this. is it a cancelled game to be played later or is it a forfeit game to seaford. remember seaford thought they were playing a forfeit game against them first game of the season and the result was seemingly allowed to stand and in the light of this new saga unfolding seaford will view it very carefully. ps we have not had enough rain to cause a waterlogged pitch in my humble opinion but any input would be welcome. :?: :roll: