Sunday Div 4 News & Results

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

Irishglover
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Re: Sunday Div 4 News & Results

Post by Irishglover »

Was the Sierra - Croatia game played on the weekend? I know it was said Sierra had forfeited but someone said they may have shown up and Croatia didn't!

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

yeah heard the same thing .... Sierra Stars were there but Croatia weren't ...

Hatchet Squad
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Hatchet Squad »

bloodypassit wrote:yeah heard the same thing .... Sierra Stars were there but Croatia weren't ...
They let us play on the pitch they were training on at grange, due to the pitch we were supposed to be using having no line markings. They had plenty training so to hear that they forfeited was puzzling to say the least.
“Well done lad, but remember, you’re still only half as good as I was” – Dixie Dean to Bob Latchford after his 30th league goal in ’78

THE ORAKLE
Star Player
Star Player

Post by THE ORAKLE »

have i got it right. one lot said they would forfeit so the other lot didnt turn up. the lot that said they would forfeit did in fact turn up and got the points. or what. :roll: :?:

Irishglover
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Irishglover »

The league have given Croatia the points so Sierra must have forfeited

Hatchet Squad
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Hatchet Squad »

Round 9

Croatia v Unley - Croatia come into this game fresh off a 3 point forfeit which seemed strange because there were a lot of Sierra stars players at Grange when we played Asia last week. Unley have lost 3 on the bounce but probably their most telling loss came against Andrews Farm. It seems losing against Farm didn't have the desired impact for a bit more grit and determination as they then lost 11-2 against Athelstone. Croatia should and will win this game in very convincing fashion. Croatia to win by double figures 11-0

Noarlunga v Sierra - After last weeks forfeit, will Sierra make the trip south? We hope they do and put more pressure on Noarlunga to start performing. Saying that, Noarlunga have been playing some good football but unfortunately came up against a strong Seaford side last week. and lost a game they maybe should've got something out of. Time to re-focus and they will win this week at home. 4-1 to Noarlunga or 2-0 if sierra don't show up :D

Aldinga v Seaford - Well this has the makings of a very good game, much like last weeks other southern derby. Aldinga come into this game on the back of an indifferent performance against Asia. We decided to rest a few of the guys carrying knocks and it nearly backfired. We luckily came away with the points. Seaford are the form team in the comp after only losing their first game and picking up maximum points in every game since. The only thing that may cost both sides this week is our pitch. It doesn't hold up well with the footy being played on it but it's the same for both sides. No prediction here.

Mawson Lakes v Asia - The Lakers are improving with every game and if they pick up some more players from their depleted stocks then they will give Asia a real good game. Asia rely on a couple of players to get the job done so shutting them down will go a long way to getting something out of the game. Watch out for their defenders, they like to challenge late and won't hesitate to give you a kicking off the ball. Their keeper is a class act though so your forwards need to be switched on. 2-2

Farm v Athelstone - Farm coming in to this off the bye and a win against Unley. This game might be a stretch too far though as Athelstone also come into this game after a resounding thrashing against Unley last week. athelstone look to have hit a bit of form and the Farmers defence might have their work cut out for them. 6-1 Athelstone

Good luck to all teams this week ( except Seaford) :D
“Well done lad, but remember, you’re still only half as good as I was” – Dixie Dean to Bob Latchford after his 30th league goal in ’78

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

Hatchet Squad wrote:Round 9

Croatia v Unley - Croatia come into this game fresh off a 3 point forfeit which seemed strange because there were a lot of Sierra stars players at Grange when we played Asia last week. Unley have lost 3 on the bounce but probably their most telling loss came against Andrews Farm. It seems losing against Farm didn't have the desired impact for a bit more grit and determination as they then lost 11-2 against Athelstone. Croatia should and will win this game in very convincing fashion. Croatia to win by double figures 11-0

Noarlunga v Sierra - After last weeks forfeit, will Sierra make the trip south? We hope they do and put more pressure on Noarlunga to start performing. Saying that, Noarlunga have been playing some good football but unfortunately came up against a strong Seaford side last week. and lost a game they maybe should've got something out of. Time to re-focus and they will win this week at home. 4-1 to Noarlunga or 2-0 if sierra don't show up :D

Aldinga v Seaford - Well this has the makings of a very good game, much like last weeks other southern derby. Aldinga come into this game on the back of an indifferent performance against Asia. We decided to rest a few of the guys carrying knocks and it nearly backfired. We luckily came away with the points. Seaford are the form team in the comp after only losing their first game and picking up maximum points in every game since. The only thing that may cost both sides this week is our pitch. It doesn't hold up well with the footy being played on it but it's the same for both sides. No prediction here.Seaford missing quite a few players due to Sea & Vines Festival.

Mawson Lakes v Asia - The Lakers are improving with every game and if they pick up some more players from their depleted stocks then they will give Asia a real good game. Asia rely on a couple of players to get the job done so shutting them down will go a long way to getting something out of the game. Watch out for their defenders, they like to challenge late and won't hesitate to give you a kicking off the ball. Their keeper is a class act though so your forwards need to be switched on. 2-2

Farm v Athelstone - Farm coming in to this off the bye and a win against Unley. This game might be a stretch too far though as Athelstone also come into this game after a resounding thrashing against Unley last week. athelstone look to have hit a bit of form and the Farmers defence might have their work cut out for them. 6-1 Athelstone

Good luck to all teams this week ( except Seaford) :D

Hatchet Squad
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Hatchet Squad »

We plan for a full strength team. They will still be more than handy if this is the case Lingy

RowePark
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by RowePark »

mlsc 3 - 1 asia
asia had a first half red card after two yellow. they ended up with 3 more so were a bit dirty with the tackling :). There goal came as a penalty as our sweeper went in goal after hurting himself as we saved our last sub. Not bad considering about half the squad was from the Bs :).

THE ORAKLE
Star Player
Star Player

Post by THE ORAKLE »

dingy bs 2 seaford bs 3
dingy as 0 seaford as 5 anyone know how noarlunga went.?

Irishglover
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Irishglover »

Gutted I had to head off before half time in the A's game. Seaford were well set and 3 nil up (possible og hatchet?). Great turn out down there almost made up for the pitch. Hopefully ther get their petition through and can get a couple of proper pitches up and running.

The reserve game could have gone either way. After getting 3 nil up we lost all shape and it looked all aldinga at the end. A few fiery exchanges but that's what you get in big derby games. Aldinga probably should have equalised in the first half at 1 nil and after a great chance missed our striker scored a cracker from all of 35 yards.

Great day out and 2 great results for Seaford!

ManicD
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by ManicD »

A's: Andrews Farm 3 Athelstone 14
B's: Andrews Farm 0 Athelstone 6

Have heard the Noarlunga result as...
A's: Noarlunga 2 Sierra 3
B's: Noarlunga 2 Sierra 5

Croatia - Unley anyone?

THE ORAKLE
Star Player
Star Player

Post by THE ORAKLE »

when a man scores an own goal and hurts himself doing it. it is not a good time to extract the urine. the orakle has spoken. :wink:

Hatchet Squad
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Hatchet Squad »

THE ORAKLE wrote:when a man scores an own goal and hurts himself doing it. it is not a good time to extract the urine. the orakle has spoken. :wink:
Was definitely an OG by myself but I didn't hurt myself in that instance. I damaged my hip when my legs were taken from under me and I landed straight on it. We didn't show up today and credit to Seaford. They are a physically strong team who have some outstanding talent. Credit to their supporters who came and watched, the banter was first class. Also thanks to Robbie Taylor who said some kind words in the club after the game. It was great to see so many people down there who came and supported the bar; it was packed in their last night. We will no doubt return the favour when we meet again. To our boys, we learn from this and pick ourselves up next week. We have a couple of new injury concerns but we gain another 3 who couldn't make it yesterday for one reason or another. To have our first loss at this point in the season is a remarkable achievement for a new club.

Hatchet Squad
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Hatchet Squad »

Gristy wrote:mlsc 3 - 1 asia
asia had a first half red card after two yellow. they ended up with 3 more so were a bit dirty with the tackling :). There goal came as a penalty as our sweeper went in goal after hurting himself as we saved our last sub. Not bad considering about half the squad was from the Bs :).
So just the 4 red cards then or 3 more yellows?

RowePark
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by RowePark »

Hatchet Squad wrote:
Gristy wrote:mlsc 3 - 1 asia
So just the 4 red cards then or 3 more yellows?
lol, so 5 yellows total, two made a red

Hatchet Squad
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Hatchet Squad »

Any light on the official Noarlunga v Sierra & Croatia v Unley scores?. Has Lingy gone into footballnews retirement? What about disappointment? Are you out there lads?

Irishglover
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Irishglover »

Hatchet Squad wrote:Any light on the official Noarlunga v Sierra & Croatia v Unley scores?. Has Lingy gone into footballnews retirement? What about disappointment? Are you out there lads?
The silence speaks volumes mate!

Dissapointment
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Dissapointment »

I can confirm Noarlunga lost both games. 5-2 in the B's, 3-2 in the A's. B's game had to be cut short because Sierra turned up with only 4 players and refused to go on until they had a full 11. In the end they had about 14 players for both games. At the end of the second game the players on the pitch couldve run out another game quite comfortably. Fit sherry.

Last week I said Seaford would easily win this league, well if that SIerra team turned out every single week they would put half a dozen past the Seaford side as well. One guy in particular scored 3 goals by just running the ball from the halfway line, past about 6 players and side footing it into an open goal. Hack him down you would suggest? You have to be able to keep up with the guy. During these runs it wouldve been maybe 6 seconds from halfway line to the goal. If he is a sunday div 4 B's player, you are all in the wrong league.

I normally am the first to say when Noarlunga play poorly, but I dont think either A's or B's played poorly this week. Beaten by a side that were just much, much fitter and athletic than them.

Irishglover
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Irishglover »

Dissapointment wrote:I can confirm Noarlunga lost both games. 5-2 in the B's, 3-2 in the A's. B's game had to be cut short because Sierra turned up with only 4 players and refused to go on until they had a full 11. In the end they had about 14 players for both games. At the end of the second game the players on the pitch couldve run out another game quite comfortably. Fit sherry.

Last week I said Seaford would easily win this league, well if that SIerra team turned out every single week they would put half a dozen past the Seaford side as well. One guy in particular scored 3 goals by just running the ball from the halfway line, past about 6 players and side footing it into an open goal. Hack him down you would suggest? You have to be able to keep up with the guy. During these runs it wouldve been maybe 6 seconds from halfway line to the goal. If he is a sunday div 4 B's player, you are all in the wrong league.

I normally am the first to say when Noarlunga play poorly, but I dont think either A's or B's played poorly this week. Beaten by a side that were just much, much fitter and athletic than them.
Totally agree with your assessment. Personally I think they deserved to beat us when we played. We just got 2 early goals and they were a bit greedy when they got in our final third. We had a bloke up top who's pace even they were scared of and came over to say as much after the game (maybe they didn't say they were scared of it but not far off). Again they had great individual performances against us but couldn't score and or keeper pulled off some great saves in the second half.

Jonny Lidon
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Jonny Lidon »

Hatchet Squad wrote:Any light on the official Noarlunga v Sierra & Croatia v Unley scores?. Has Lingy gone into footballnews retirement? What about disappointment? Are you out there lads?
Wonder if it has anything to do with a new coaching gig he has next season..

Hatchet Squad
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Hatchet Squad »

Jonny Lidon wrote:
Interesting. Aldinga are putting a C team together next year. He is quite welcome to put his application in :D

County
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by County »

Jonny Lidon wrote:
New southern club?

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

County wrote:
Jonny Lidon wrote:
New southern club?
Cool, let's spread the resources and player numbers thinner.
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

sin²x + cos²x = 1
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by sin²x + cos²x = 1 »

County wrote:
Jonny Lidon wrote:
New southern club?
Yankalilla are reforming.
I tend to go off on a tangent

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

County wrote:
Jonny Lidon wrote:
New southern club?
Sometimes you know too much

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

bloodypassit wrote:
County wrote: New southern club?
Sometimes you know too much
Must be close to the source :wink:
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

Hatchet Squad
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Hatchet Squad »

Round 10

SA Centrals v Andrews Farm - SA Centrals should win this in a canter. They are fresh off the bye and have been playing some good football in weeks past. The Farmers are trying to find their feet in a tough Division considering they stepped up a few grades from last year. They will want to put last weeks game behind them and focus on this week. I cant see an upset here so SA Centrals for me 8-1

Seaford v Mawson Lakes - If Seaford play like they did last week against us then they will be playing in Division 3 next season, that is a given. they have quality all over the park and if someone gets injured they just replace them with an equally good player. Easily the hardest and most physical team we've played this season. Mawson Lakes will struggle this week even though they had a win 3-1 over ASIA last week. Seaford 13-0

Sierra v Aldinga - Sierra are a good, young, fit side by all accounts. If you're not switched on they will turn you over. They have a couple of players who really stand out and if we are to beat them then these players need to be shut down. Aldinga had a wake up call last week against Seaford. Maybe a loss was what was needed to bring us down to earth. I knew it would be a hard physical game but wasn't quite ready for the way they played. We picked up a few injuries from last weeks game but we also pick up a couple of regular first team players who couldn't make it last week. No prediction here

Unley v Noarlunga - Unley have hit the slopes and are going down hill fast. I don't know if players have dropped out or they have injury concerns but the manner in which they are loosing lately would be a real concern for their coaching department. Noarlunga need to get something from this game after losing the last 2 and should have no problem in getting the 3 points. Noarlunga 10-0

Athelstone v Croatia - Athelstone have really picked thing up over the last 2 weeks and are smashing every team they come up against. 25 goals in the last 2 weeks is testament to that. The only concern is that even though they are smashing teams, they still seem vulnerable at the back. If you're scoring 14 against the Farm, you shouldn't be conceding 3 and this is where Croatia can capitalize. This has the making of a very good game. Croatia have had a decent enough start to the year only losing 3 games so far. They will need to take their chances and hope that Athelstone's ground doesn't turn into a cow paddock after all this rain. Think this will be a close one. Croatia 3-2 for me

Good luck to all teams this week

Irishglover
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Irishglover »

Seaford v Mawson Lakes

B's Seaford won 8 nil. Game played in good spirits with some scrappy football at the start. In truth if Seaford could finish the score line could have been bigger but to their credit lakes kept at it till the end and gave us a couple of scares at the back late on.

A's Seaford won 11 or 12 - 1. I wasn't at the game but seemingly we counted 12 goals scored for us but the ref put down 11. Havnt heard too much about the game so can't comment.

Lakes have come into a competitive division this year and it would be good to see them get a few more positive results in the second half of the season (except for when they play us again!). They should learn a lot from this year and hopefully will be able to push on.

MLSC-B's
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by MLSC-B's »

Irishglover wrote:Seaford v Mawson Lakes

B's Seaford won 8 nil. Game played in good spirits with some scrappy football at the start. In truth if Seaford could finish the score line could have been bigger but to their credit lakes kept at it till the end and gave us a couple of scares at the back late on.

A's Seaford won 11 or 12 - 1. I wasn't at the game but seemingly we counted 12 goals scored for us but the ref put down 11. Havnt heard too much about the game so can't comment.

Lakes have come into a competitive division this year and it would be good to see them get a few more positive results in the second half of the season (except for when they play us again!). They should learn a lot from this year and hopefully will be able to push on.
B's game was played in great spirit. Good clean contest and one of the best home ref's we have had this season.
Friendly bunch of guys that made us feel very welcome.