Aloisi appointed Head of Women's Football

This forum is for the discussion of women's football, the fastest growing participation sport in Australia. This includes local women's football and the A-League Women.

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, Forum Admins

scipio africanus
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Aloisi appointed Head of Women's Football

Post by scipio africanus »

I welcome the appointment of Ross as head of women's football after leading the lady reds to their best ever season, after 5 years of dismal failure. This is the continuity we need from a high level, successful coach.

But with Ross's appointment as head of NTC as well, where does that leave GH????

Playthewhistle
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Aloisi appointed Head of Women's Football

Post by Playthewhistle »

http://www.ffsa.com.au/home/news-archiv ... -football/

FFSA appoints Aloisi as Head of Women's Football

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Football Federation SA (FFSA) is pleased to announce the appointment of former Adelaide United Captain Ross Aloisi to the position of Head of Women’s Football.

The pivotal role will see Aloisi assume the head coaching position of the National Training Centre Program for girls in the State, direct all development programs underpinning the National Training Centre and during the Westfield W-League Season assume the head coaching position for the Lady Reds.

“Significant steps were taken last season in the performance of elite pathway programs for girls and Women in South Australia. The Lady Reds recorded their most successful season and junior state teams performed well.”

“We have some great young talent coming through our pathway programs. Ross has shown that he is committed to Women’s Football and we are very pleased to have him on board in a full time capacity. He is a welcome addition to our strong high performance team.”

“FFSA has developed top class facilities to train and play on and we are committed to provide the best available coaches and resources to ensure that our pathway programs succeed.” said FFSA CEO Michael Carter.

Newly appointed Head of Women’s Football Ross Aloisi is excited about the opportunity to join the high performance team at the FFSA.

“Women’s Football in South Australia has huge potential. I thoroughly enjoyed my recent experience with the Lady Reds. I feel I have a lot to offer and to be honest I can’t wait to start my new role with the FFSA.”

“I would like to thank the players and executive team at West Adelaide for the opportunity they gave me and I feel that the club is well positioned to be very successful.” said Aloisi

Aloisi will cease coaching West Adelaide in the National Premier League (NPL) and this move has been supported by the club. West Adelaide President Alex Alexandrou said that this was an opportunity for Ross and the club would not stand in his way.

“Ross has been instrumental in the resurgence of West Adelaide having taken us from the 3rd tier to top of the NPL winning back to back championships along the way. His legacy will remain for many years to come.

“The club is indebted to Ross & his family for the commitment to the club and its future. We are pleased to announce that former Socceroo Joel Porter has been appointed Senior Coach. “

Ross Aloisi will officially start his employment with Football Federation SA on Monday April 7.

gunners01
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by gunners01 »

Not sure where that leaves Geoff, he's just worked hard to get his A License, Geoff was a good coach for NTC , lets hope he stays in womens football and coaches a prem side :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

bambam
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by bambam »

Great to see Ross Aloisi be appointed as Head of Women's Football.

One of my concerns is will Ross have autonomy to run the women's competition without the interference of the FFSA Women's Football Hierarchy. Dave Edmondson had the same issue and left because he was banging his head against a brick wall.

It's fantastic to see that we are heading into another direction which hopefully will be a successful one.

But one thing Ross needs to do, is to remove the current remaining admin women's football staff and state coaches and recruit new blood who have the experience and knowledge and the passion to run a professional football dept.

Maybe, a start for Ross, that if your looking for state coaches, look at Sturt Marion Women's Football Club Coaching staff which has turned it around from being a mediocre club to a successful top club in two years.

I was informed this was achieved mainly through the efforts and passion of Tom Ballantyne (Head Coach) and Tony Mansuto (Reserves coach).

They are both accredited A&B licence coaches and have extensive experience and knowledge in developing players into elite players.

Apparently the coaches philosophies and goals is to promote the club as a club of choice and to ensure that the club remains at the top for years to come.

I believe these coaches main goal is to develop their players into elite professional players with the objective to be identified and recruited by the W League.

Having spoken to several players from other clubs, majority have indicated that they have high respect for Sturt Marion now and how they have turned it around into one of the top clubs in the competition in 2014.

Anyway, the final comment I want to say to Ross is make sure the FFSA hierarchy now your in charge and implement the ideas and goals that you may have to improve the quality of women's football.

It's not just about the W League, but the future of clubs, players, parents/guardians and supporters.

Good luck

gunners01
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by gunners01 »

Is Ross giving up his Senior men coaching job, as this job with NTC AND W- League should be his No.1 priority otherwise the girls will always cm in second place :x :x :x

pvfc
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by pvfc »

Have you read the posts properly?
Clearly says RA is stepping down from WA with Joel Porter taking his place.

S2enrab
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by S2enrab »

Bambam, you write some crap :clown:

gunners01
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by gunners01 »

Obviously u haven't watched any GOOD PREMS MATCHES, I did watch Sturt play and Tom and Tony r doing a great job in developing young players, and have done well to turn the club around, they develop young players and that's the way forward for any club, Tom is a great coach and personally would of liked him to have the job of head coach of womens football but with FFSA your face has to fit it doesn't seem to matter if u have an A license, hopefully after this survey that's going around all ffsa will get sacked and we can have a fresh start :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

the barbarian
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by the barbarian »

sturt marion, finished mid table last year in the womens and have played 2 ordinary teams this year? who both have not gained a point yet, lets see where they are after mid season. I would expect probably not in the top 3??

gunners01
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by gunners01 »

If u read my post properly I didn't mention anything about winning, I mentioned about developing players, good coaching, with a lot of young players the results might not come your way, but its a great start for Sturt Marion OPEN YOUR EYES :lol: :lol:

bambam
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by bambam »

hey S2enrab,

I had to laugh but you actually wrtote crap :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

gunners01
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by gunners01 »

We all had a laugh, but at least we can spell :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

JBJBJB
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by JBJBJB »

BamBam you must be good friends with both.
You never change things by fighting the existing reality.
To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.”
― Richard Fuller

Ginger Pele
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Ginger Pele »

bambam wrote:Great to see Ross Aloisi be appointed as Head of Women's Football.

One of my concerns is will Ross have autonomy to run the women's competition without the interference of the FFSA Women's Football Hierarchy. Dave Edmondson had the same issue and left because he was banging his head against a brick wall.

It's fantastic to see that we are heading into another direction which hopefully will be a successful one.

But one thing Ross needs to do, is to remove the current remaining admin women's football staff and state coaches and recruit new blood who have the experience and knowledge and the passion to run a professional football dept.

Maybe, a start for Ross, that if your looking for state coaches, look at Sturt Marion Women's Football Club Coaching staff which has turned it around from being a mediocre club to a successful top club in two years.

I was informed this was achieved mainly through the efforts and passion of Tom Ballantyne (Head Coach) and Tony Mansuto (Reserves coach).

They are both accredited A&B licence coaches and have extensive experience and knowledge in developing players into elite players.

Apparently the coaches philosophies and goals is to promote the club as a club of choice and to ensure that the club remains at the top for years to come.

I believe these coaches main goal is to develop their players into elite professional players with the objective to be identified and recruited by the W League.

Having spoken to several players from other clubs, majority have indicated that they have high respect for Sturt Marion now and how they have turned it around into one of the top clubs in the competition in 2014.

Anyway, the final comment I want to say to Ross is make sure the FFSA hierarchy now your in charge and implement the ideas and goals that you may have to improve the quality of women's football.

It's not just about the W League, but the future of clubs, players, parents/guardians and supporters.

Good luck
Who are the State Coaches???

the barbarian
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by the barbarian »

gunner, correct me if i am mistaken, most of the young players at sturt have come from girls who left the development squads, U14/U15 state girls and /ntc program so they were talented players before they joined sturt, so they should have a reasonable team without any coaching?? :lol: :lol: :lol: question of the girls currently in the sturt marion prems squad how many of them played at sturt before Tom took over as prems coach?

juniorsupporter
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by juniorsupporter »

I don't think that 'most' of Sturt's players have come from u14/15 and NTC state squads. There are certainly a few. 'Some' is probably a better word than 'most'. Sturt had a significant influx from Fulham and City (young ones) last year, and a leading goal scorer for them this year moved from Metro as well as a solid defender from Uni- so their older, more experienced players are just from other Prems clubs. I do agree that there are very few who came through their junior ranks. But I think Gunners01's point was that Tom is developing the players who have come to the club. A point which one may or may not agree with.

snow white
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by snow white »

So can anyone confirm if and why Geoff was sacked?

Unretired
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Unretired »

I thought Geoff was just filling in until they could find someone permanent....
Doesnt he still have another position in FFSA.

(Head Coach Girl's NTC / Coach Education Officer - Geoff Hargreaves) from FFSA website

the barbarian
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by the barbarian »

juniour supporter thank you for the clarification, regarding tom and sturt

Hetro Metro
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Hetro Metro »

snow white wrote:So can anyone confirm if and why Geoff was sacked?
Replaced by Ross

SAD GAL
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by SAD GAL »

Hear that Fleetwood was still GUNNING for a job in the W-League. Has cred and results on the board.