Lucas Neill

This forum is for discussion related to the various Australian National Football Teams - the Socceroos, Olyroos, Joes, Matildas and so.

Moderators: Randoman, BillShankly, arxidi, Forum Admins

Red-4-Life
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Lucas Neill

Post by Red-4-Life »

Thoughts on him having a go at the younger players? These players have been given no opportunity. I think it is time we get a new captain. Very poor interview by Neill

Video + article: http://www.foxsports.com.au/football/so ... 6739968038

Metal Face
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Re: Lucas Neill

Post by Metal Face »

He should be the first one out the door what a :clown:

Shintaro
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Shintaro »

Stitch This
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stitch This »

Not the best choice of words......But a couple of seasons ago when the Socceroos were in town and a few came down for the coin toss at at Marden, Lucas Neill was the perfect ambassador for the sport who had time for a word with everyone, autographs, photographs etc. Robbie Kruse on the other hand gave the impression of an upstart little chit who just didn't want to be there.

While it may well be time for Lucas to go, it's not difficult to see where he's coming from.
Time for some righteous indignation

Steve#4
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Steve#4 »

Stitch This wrote:Not the best choice of words......But a couple of seasons ago when the Socceroos were in town and a few came down for the coin toss at at Marden, Lucas Neill was the perfect ambassador for the sport who had time for a word with everyone, autographs, photographs etc. Robbie Kruse on the other hand gave the impression of an upstart little chit who just didn't want to be there.

While it may well be time for Lucas to go, it's not difficult to see where he's coming from.
Agree....Seems a few of these younger guys need a reality check about where they actually are on the world stage.

As a captain though he has put himself in a pickle with his comments. ...not overly smart in my opinion.

George151
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by George151 »

Does Lucas Neill have personal agenda in his preference for an oversea's Coach/manager?
Maybe he thinks the local coaches will hold his age against him over his experience! :?

redfred
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by redfred »

needs to go
"The trouble with referees , they know the rules , but they don't know the game." Bill Shankly

adelaidebloke
Star Player
Star Player

Post by adelaidebloke »

its up to the coches not to pick him or the older players, if your 80 and get picked you will play, its the people picking players that is the problem, not loucas neil for playing when selected.

i dont get this hammering against players who play because they are picked :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Ga Pala
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Ga Pala »

The guy does have tickets on himself but it's not his fault if he keeps getting picked. IMO Neil could still play for Au's , but having both him and Oger at the back is a recipe for disaster. They lack pace badly. The only plus for Neil is his reading of the play and better passing ability than Ogger. You'd prob keep Oneil as more of a sweeper / organizer behind a younger , quicker stopper.
" I used to go Missing a lot- Miss Canada, Miss United Kingdom, Miss Germany." George Best

paul merson
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by paul merson »

Ive been having this arguement with people around the office, Neil played rubbish but he should never step down or remove himself, thats what the coach is for, if he gets picked then play.

Imagine if the shoe was on the other foot and we wanted him but he refuesed to play as he wants to concentrate on his club football? Then he'd get hammered for that.

László Ürge
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by László Ürge »

paul merson wrote:Imagine if the shoe was on the other foot and we wanted him but he refused to play as he wants to concentrate on his club football? Then he'd get hammered for that.
This was my first thought.
I once saw a transvestite in a mini skirt. I thought that shows a lot of balls.

adelaidebloke
Star Player
Star Player

Post by adelaidebloke »

hope he is mates with ange

GaylyColouredStumps
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by GaylyColouredStumps »

paul merson wrote:Ive been having this arguement with people around the office, Neil played rubbish but he should never step down or remove himself, thats what the coach is for, if he gets picked then play.

Imagine if the shoe was on the other foot and we wanted him but he refuesed to play as he wants to concentrate on his club football? Then he'd get hammered for that.
hypothetical for you Merse.

Ange calls you next week and says he wants you in goals from now on and play in the World Cup - would you play?
These users thanked the author Sunny Vanilla for the post:
Old Master, johndedes, theorakle, ozzie owl, suzie, thewabster, Za Dom Spremni

adelaidebloke
Star Player
Star Player

Post by adelaidebloke »

i predicting he will get a farewell game before 2014

Mad_Max
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Mad_Max »

adelaidebloke wrote:i predicting he will get a farewell game before 2014
With any luck it will coincide with your farewell post on FN.
Now, if you're lucky, you could hack through your ankle in five minutes.

adelaidebloke
Star Player
Star Player

Post by adelaidebloke »

Mad Max, should we catch up have a beer etc, do you need more friends ??