Adelaide Airport Premier League Results Round 21

This forum is for the discussion of women's football, the fastest growing participation sport in Australia. This includes local women's football and the A-League Women.

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, Forum Admins

adam
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Adelaide Airport Premier League Results Round 21

Post by adam »

Round 21 - Sunday 1 September 2013

Adelaide City 4 (Dragana Kljajic 2, Ally Ladas, Daniela Di Bartolo) v Adelaide University 0

Best Players - Adelaide City: Dragana Kljajic, Jess Nagel, Isabella Scalzi; Adelaide University: Gabby Bentley, Jenna McCormick, Sophie Walker
Reserves - Adelaide City 2 v Adelaide University 1

MUWFC 4 (Laura Millar 2, Donna Cockayne 2) v Fulham United 3 (Isabel Hodgson 3)

MUWFC: Donna Cockayne, Chloe Green, Chantel Reynolds; Fulham United: Nenita Burgess, Victoria Battersby, Isabel Hodgson
Reserves - MUWFC 10 v Fulham United 0

Cumberland United 0 v Sturt Marion 0

Cumberland United: Meg Juckers, Kate Tattersall, Tessa Touchette; Sturt Marion: Sarah Chappel, Bianca Gray, Kristy Moore
Reserves - Cumberland United 0 v Sturt Marion 3

Adelaide Airport Reserve League
Round 21 - Sunday 1 September 2013

Adelaide Olympic 1 v Para Hills Knights 1

argus tuft
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Adelaide Airport Premier League Results Round 21

Post by argus tuft »

Metro decimated by injuries to key players for the Cup Final. Could lose 4-5 players.

ball_girl
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by ball_girl »

argus tuft wrote:Metro decimated by injuries to key players for the Cup Final. Could lose 4-5 players.
That doesn't sound good... injuries just from general play or from unlucky tackles? Who have they potentially lost? Hope the injuries aren't too serious!

snow white
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by snow white »

I heard Donna C out of Cup final, Ebony hasn't played for a while with bad ankle injury and yesterday 3 key starters off before half time with injuries, one I think being their captain too.

If those players don't come up, thats half of Metro's field players and key, experienced players at that.

Big ask.

neits/burgo/shadow
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by neits/burgo/shadow »

ball_girl wrote:
argus tuft wrote:Metro decimated by injuries to key players for the Cup Final. Could lose 4-5 players.
That doesn't sound good... injuries just from general play or from unlucky tackles? Who have they potentially lost? Hope the injuries aren't too serious!
All injures sustained by Metro players were non-contact. One was a soft tissue injury after playing a long ball, one was a change of direction resulting in a rolled ankle and the other I'm not sure about, the player just limped off during the throw in.

However, in saying that I believe they have a little bit of depth and now some of their reserves might get the chance to take part in the Cup Final. Quite a few technically gifted players in that team who probably should be the focus of the development at the club over the next year or two. Could be a blessing in disguise.

Leppskiii
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Leppskiii »

:lol:
"Just ask yourself, have you hugged your goalkeeper today?"

Easy Tiger
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Easy Tiger »

Well done to Cumby for their second draw in a row! They are doing really well considering the bumpy start :)
How did they manage to stop Kristy Moore? Does Sturt have any catch up games to go or was this her last game? Is she gonna play again next year? I'd love to go and see her now that she's back.

Legs11
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Legs11 »

Easy Tiger wrote:Well done to Cumby for their second draw in a row! They are doing really well considering the bumpy start :)
How did they manage to stop Kristy Moore? Does Sturt have any catch up games to go or was this her last game? Is she gonna play again next year? I'd love to go and see her now that she's back.
Bumpy is exactly how they got their draw on Sunday, can't speak in regards to the Uni game but cumberland got the result they did by simply throwing their weight about! Wasnt a case of stopping kristy Moore they simply were never going to catch her. Credit where credit is due though they have come exceptionally far this season and its good to see them getting some points

Princess Fiona
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Princess Fiona »

neits/burgo/shadow wrote:
ball_girl wrote:
All injures sustained by Metro players were non-contact. One was a soft tissue injury after playing a long ball, one was a change of direction resulting in a rolled ankle and the other I'm not sure about, the player just limped off during the throw in.

However, in saying that I believe they have a little bit of depth and now some of their reserves might get the chance to take part in the Cup Final. Quite a few technically gifted players in that team who probably should be the focus of the development at the club over the next year or two. Could be a blessing in disguise.
If Metro have lost 4 or 5 from starting 11 especially with Ebony(?) in a moon boot City rightly should feel very confident and coast to a Cup win

ball_girl
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by ball_girl »

Legs11 wrote:
Easy Tiger wrote:Well done to Cumby for their second draw in a row! They are doing really well considering the bumpy start :)
Bumpy is exactly how they got their draw on Sunday, can't speak in regards to the Uni game but cumberland got the result they did by simply throwing their weight about! Wasnt a case of stopping kristy Moore they simply were never going to catch her. Credit where credit is due though they have come exceptionally far this season and its good to see them getting some points
Not sure what game you were watching, but it looked like they gave as good as they got... you'd expect a bit of bump at the top level though. & as for stopping Kristy Moore, it looked like the young girl they had at right back did a pretty good job of keeping up with Kristy. It was a well fought, clean game from both teams.

Neyma
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Neyma »

Last nights game Para Hills 0 Under 15s 3

M@rvin
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by M@rvin »

Princess Fiona wrote:[If Metro have lost 4 or 5 from starting 11 especially with Ebony(?) in a moon boot City rightly should feel very confident and coast to a Cup win
This is how games are lost. Will be interesting to see how this ends.
The goalkeeper is the jewel in the crown and getting at him should be almost impossible. It's the biggest sin in football to make him do any work.

George Graham

Robocop
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Robocop »

Neyma wrote:Last nights game Para Hills 0 Under 15s 3
Who scored goals?

Playthewhistle
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Playthewhistle »

Alex with 2 and I think it was Emily with the other

Legs11
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Legs11 »

ball_girl wrote:
Legs11 wrote:
Not sure what game you were watching, but it looked like they gave as good as they got... you'd expect a bit of bump at the top level though. & as for stopping Kristy Moore, it looked like the young girl they had at right back did a pretty good job of keeping up with Kristy. It was a well fought, clean game from both teams.
There were several tackles where the Cumberland girls had no intention of getting the ball. I totally take my hat off to the Cumberland girls for being able to stop the likes of kristy Moore, Sally Treharne and Bianca gray from scoring. Was definitely a well fought game by both teams and although majority of the game was played in good spirit but it was obvious there was some grudges on the field!

ball_girl
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by ball_girl »

Legs11 wrote:
ball_girl wrote:
Legs11 wrote: Bumpy is exactly how they got their draw on Sunday, can't speak in regards to the Uni game but cumberland got the result they did by simply throwing their weight about! Wasnt a case of stopping kristy Moore they simply were never going to catch her. Credit where credit is due though they have come exceptionally far this season and its good to see them getting some points
There were several tackles where the Cumberland girls had no intention of getting the ball. I totally take my hat off to the Cumberland girls for being able to stop the likes of kristy Moore, Sally Treharne and Bianca gray from scoring. Was definitely a well fought game by both teams and although majority of the game was played in good spirit but it was obvious there was some grudges on the field!
When? The only one that may spring to mind as looking deliberate to a Sturt supporter is the tackle that happened between the Cumby captain & Sally Treharne, which, if you recall, the ball ended up travelling in the direction that the Cumby girl was going... kind of proving that she made full contact with the ball. 2 people running full pace at one ball always runs its risks. Its good that Sally came out of it ok, but I definitely didn't see any ill intent in the challenge.
Each to their own though. People obviously saw things from different angles. The ref didn't seem to have an issue with it and he was probably the closest.

The General
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by The General »

Some times it is not about stopping a particular player, but about stopping the supply to her ( just saying ).

Easy Tiger
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Easy Tiger »

The General wrote:

Some times it is not about stopping a particular player, but about stopping the supply to her ( just saying ).
Right-o :P Just thought she would destroy a team like Cumby, but was obviously wrong. Again well done to Cumby, I guess KM still has many occasions (suppose she'll be in Lady Reds) to "prove" herself :o (I know, I know, she doesn't need to "prove" anything, but you know, after the cumby game... :wink: )

United We Stand
Star Player
Star Player

Post by United We Stand »

snow white wrote:I heard Donna C out of Cup final, Ebony hasn't played for a while with bad ankle injury and yesterday 3 key starters off before half time with injuries, one I think being their captain too.

If those players don't come up, thats half of Metro's field players and key, experienced players at that.

Big ask.
Could it be that Metro are "foxing" and that most of these "injured" players WILL line up in the Cup final?

snow white
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by snow white »

United We Stand wrote:
snow white wrote:I heard Donna C out of Cup final, Ebony hasn't played for a while with bad ankle injury and yesterday 3 key starters off before half time with injuries, one I think being their captain too.

Big ask.
Could it be that Metro are "foxing" and that most of these "injured" players WILL line up in the Cup final?
Maybe, but I'm told Donna definitely out and I know Ebony hasn't played for over a month.

Three subs before half time also doesn't sound like a elaborate attempt to 'fox'.

No doubt that those injured will be doing everything to get over the line for Sunday. Time will tell.

Easy Tiger
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Easy Tiger »

snow white wrote:
United We Stand wrote:

Big ask.
Maybe, but I'm told Donna definitely out and I know Ebony hasn't played for over a month.

Three subs before half time also doesn't sound like a elaborate attempt to 'fox'.

No doubt that those injured will be doing everything to get over the line for Sunday. Time will tell.
I actually thought that Ebony was going to be back for the final, wasn't that always the plan? They were saying it already on the day she got injured at Burton...

Leppa, Ebony, Shellie, Nessie...they don't even need Donna Cockayne to beat AC!

United We Stand
Star Player
Star Player

"They don't even need Donna C to beat AC"? A very cocky statement from a person who foolishly underestimated City earlier this year (on this forum). City are the best footballing team in the Premier League, so it is silly to say they don't need any of their players to beat them.It will be a great contest between the two best teams in the competition. So take it easy "Easy Tiger"!

Leppskiii
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Leppskiii »

If you are talking technically about football if say the 15s are the best football side in the comp

United We Stand
Star Player
Star Player

Leppskiii wrote:If you are talking technically about football if say the 15s are the best football side in the comp
Leppski, labelling Adelaide City and Metro as the best two teams in the Premier League was a reference to their positions on the table. Technically, I agree that the FFSA girls and Adelaide City are the best. Anyone who saw that high quality game between City and FFSA at Burton in front of the new national coach, would testify to that. Those FFSA girls have improved out of sight and forced the very best out of City,especially in the first half. Probably one of the best games of women's football I have ever witnessed.

Leppskiii
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Leppskiii »

15s all day

Fitball
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Fitball »

United We Stand wrote:"They don't even need Donna C to beat AC"? A very cocky statement from a person who foolishly underestimated City earlier this year (on this forum). City are the best footballing team in the Premier League, so it is silly to say they don't need any of their players to beat them.It will be a great contest between the two best teams in the competition. So take it easy "Easy Tiger"!
Does the best footballing team usually finish second? Is that the pre requisite for this title ??? :lol:

United We Stand
Star Player
Star Player

Fitball wrote:
United We Stand wrote:"They don't even need Donna C to beat AC"? A very cocky statement from a person who foolishly underestimated City earlier this year (on this forum). City are the best footballing team in the Premier League, so it is silly to say they don't need any of their players to beat them.It will be a great contest between the two best teams in the competition. So take it easy "Easy Tiger"!
Does the best footballing team usually finish second? Is that the pre requisite for this title ??? :lol:
You obviously have no idea. Arsenal in England are generally acknowledged as being the best "footballing" side but Manchester United ran away with the title.Barcelona too, are an attractive side but didn't win the Champions League. City always played an attractive passing game under Eduardo. Metro? Well you tell me whether you think that they have an attractive footballing style. Well,organised and physical yes. But not the best footballing side in a technical sense.

juniorsupporter
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by juniorsupporter »

I'm hearing that Sturt beat Metro tonight 1-0.

Stand Strong
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Stand Strong »

Can any one confirm the scores.

Easy Tiger
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Easy Tiger »

Metro definitely lost 1-0...very rough game as you would expect...do Metro still have a chance to win the title or it's all over?