Man Utd

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

getborn
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Man Utd

Post by getborn »

Le King wrote:
Anyways ref totally changed that game, and tbh i couldnt see madrid scoring against us tonight, we were solid and compact. we would have scored a second before they got anything
Why couldnt you be solid or compact with ten?
It has been done many time before.
Man Utd didn't adjust or some could argue by the time they did it was too late.

Litmanen
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Litmanen »

getborn wrote:
Le King wrote:
Anyways ref totally changed that game, and tbh i couldnt see madrid scoring against us tonight, we were solid and compact. we would have scored a second before they got anything

Exactly.

Man united were just not good enough, Modric showed Carrick what it means to be a good midfielder, and if you can't keep 11 men out with 10, then your team isn't organised.

We did it with half a defense missing against Barca, and you guys can't even do it while only losing Nani, who has the defensive capabilities of a plastic bag floating on the pitch.

No one to blame but themselves, RVP cost them in the first leg for sure, bit of a choker.

aussiepride
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by aussiepride »

Mourinho is taking the piss!!! The "BEST" team did win!!! You dont need 11 players to eliminate space.

El Capitano
Star Player
Star Player

Post by El Capitano »

getborn wrote:
Le King wrote:
Man Utd's failure to adapt doesn't change the fact that the red card changed the game. United were cruising prior to the send off and it gave Real their second wind. In all honesty United were too wasteful in front of goal

I see some nice person is trying to compare United's effort with 10 men to Chelsea's. Well here's the answer, Real took their chances and Barca didn't :arrow:

I honestly don't think it was a red card. But I remember an EPL match this season involving West Ham where two red cards were given in the same game for this exact same thing. Most disagreed with it then too!
Feel Good Inc.

El Capitano
Star Player
Star Player

Post by El Capitano »

I don't know why anybody would want to be a ref. Imagine all the shit they cop and they have to take it!
Feel Good Inc.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

Refs bring this stuff on themself though. Ferdinand booked..DONE!

Followed by evra, young and carrick if the want to continue. Hopefully one of them's on a booking, then they'll learn.

getborn
Star Player
Star Player

Post by getborn »

El Capitano wrote:
getborn wrote:
Le King wrote:
Man Utd's failure to adapt doesn't change the fact that the red card changed the game. United were cruising prior to the send off and it gave Real their second wind. In all honesty United were too wasteful in front of goal

I see some nice person is trying to compare United's effort with 10 men to Chelsea's. Well here's the answer, Real took their chances and Barca didn't :arrow:

I honestly don't think it was a red card. But I remember an EPL match this season involving West Ham where two red cards were given in the same game for this exact same thing. Most disagreed with it then too!

You'll see many worse calls than that one, not as bad as it's being made out to be.
United never really rallied against the red card instead they blamed everything on it. Expected better.

SBS' commentary was a good laugh.

Raich Carter
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Raich Carter »

God is an Englishman wrote:Refs bring this stuff on themself though. Ferdinand booked..DONE!

Followed by evra, young and carrick if the want to continue. Hopefully one of them's on a booking, then they'll learn.
Should of booked him then and there. Didn't Rooney get sent off a few years ago for sarcastically clapping at a ref?
When I am king, you will be first against the wall
With your opinion which is of no consequence at all

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

Le King wrote:
bubu wrote: pearls of wisdown about Real's disallowed goal in the 1st? and Rafael's handball on the line in the 2nd?

foul committed and free kick awarded to ManU

Not deliberate handball

ps, what about Evra's trip in the penalty box???
its Manchester United you are talking about, people say anything stupid to slag them
Rafael handball, please, it was ball to hand from about 30cm away

i gather everyone forgot that incident at madrid when varane should have been sent off for last man tackled on evra?

jose summed it up[/quote]

You didn't score. Real scored an own goal.

Le King
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Le King »

Mackem Lad wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:Refs bring this stuff on themself though. Ferdinand booked..DONE!

Should of booked him then and there. Didn't Rooney get sent off a few years ago for sarcastically clapping at a ref?
was rio being sarcastic? i thought he was clapping him on a good game..... u obviously didnt see his handshake which confirms he thought the ref was good

Raich Carter
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Raich Carter »

Le King wrote:
Mackem Lad wrote:

was rio being sarcastic? i thought he was clapping him on a good game..... u obviously didnt see his handshake which confirms he thought the ref was good
You are deluded
When I am king, you will be first against the wall
With your opinion which is of no consequence at all

bapa
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by bapa »

end of the day, game done and dusted!!

Now for championship numero 20!!

as for the scousers
:lol: :lol: :lol:

enjoy another year without the EPL title, and trying to qualify for europa!
8)

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Ronaldo scored the winner did he? That's a shame.
Ignore this signature

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

Bomber wrote:Ronaldo scored the winner did he? That's a shame.
Man U fans quiet about him been better than Messi today :lol:

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

Le King wrote:was rio being sarcastic? i thought he was clapping him on a good game..... u obviously didnt see his handshake which confirms he thought the ref was good

I shook the refs hand in my game on saturday, I still think he was bottle of shiraz awful though.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

End of the day, karma's a port. United have been stiffing other teams with dodgy decisions for years.

Suck it up ladies.
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

The one and only
Star Player
Star Player

Post by The one and only »

Litmanen wrote:
getborn wrote:
Le King wrote:

Exactly.

Man united were just not good enough, Modric showed Carrick what it means to be a good midfielder, and if you can't keep 11 men out with 10, then your team isn't organised.

We did it with half a defense missing against Barca, and you guys can't even do it while only losing Nani, who has the defensive capabilities of a plastic bag floating on the pitch.

No one to blame but themselves, RVP cost them in the first leg for sure, bit of a choker.
so now carrick isn't a good midfielder ?
I speak nothing but the truth

The Kop
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by The Kop »

Notice when United lose it's always someone else's fault?

Not like the ref gave a winning penalty in the last minute of stoppage time. Where are the critiques of the two elephants in the room, why was Nani playing in the first place? and, why was bacon face so slow in reacting to being a man down? If this was a PL game they would have held on, but United are a bit fragile in Europe, haven;t got the pomp.

Litmanen
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Litmanen »

The Kop wrote:Notice when United lose it's always someone else's fault?

Not like the ref gave a winning penalty in the last minute of stoppage time. Where are the critiques of the two elephants in the room, why was Nani playing in the first place? and, why was bacon face so slow in reacting to being a man down? If this was a PL game they would have held on, but United are a bit fragile in Europe, haven;t got the pomp.

Exactly. Even when chasing a goal he didn't bring Rooney on until it was too late.

adelaidebloke
Star Player
Star Player

Post by adelaidebloke »

well they will just have to settle for being champions of England this year!!!!!!

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

adelaidebloke wrote:well they will just have to settle for being champions of England this year!!!!!!
Still in the Cup as well
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

bapa
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by bapa »

adelaidebloke wrote:well they will just have to settle for being champions of England this year!!!!!!

I havent heard a scouser say that.....in 23 years!!!
:lol:

Litmanen
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Litmanen »

bubu wrote:

Well Fergie is never going to win another Champions League, so i can see why he didn't even bother in this game.

Mourinho always had him covered, the red just made his subs alot easier, they were almost rotation subs at times.

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stuckey »

Litmanen wrote:
bubu wrote:

Well Fergie is never going to win another Champions League, so i can see why he didn't even bother in this game.

Mourinho always had him covered, the red just made his subs alot easier, they were almost rotation subs at times.
I struggle to see how you can have someone covered when you are losing to them? Or was that part of Mourinho's plan to go 1-0 down? :roll:

Litmanen
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Litmanen »

Stuckey wrote:]well they will just have to settle for being champions of England this year!!!!!!

I struggle to see how you can have someone covered when you are losing to them? Or was that part of Mourinho's plan to go 1-0 down? :roll:
[/quote][/quote]

No you're right, if you're losing at any point it means you never have control of any part of the game.

Just like United come back to win all the time.

Mourinho would have seen the goal, and just readied a plan to score 1 before the end, after the red that was made alot easier, but Madrid are the better away side, especially when the heat is on.

It's the very reason they don't get belted by Barca like Man U do everytime, they have greater adaptability and are a better defensive, and counter attacking unit than united.

The one and only
Star Player
Star Player

Post by The one and only »

Litmanen wrote:
Stuckey wrote:]well they will just have to settle for being champions of England this year!!!!!!

[/quote]

No you're right, if you're losing at any point it means you never have control of any part of the game.

Mourinho would have seen the goal, and just readied a plan to score 1 before the end, after the red that was made alot easier, but Madrid are the better away side, especially when the heat is on.

It's the very reason they don't get belted by Barca like Man U do everytime, they have greater adaptability and are a better defensive, and counter attacking unit than united.[/quote]nothing to do with that they play in the same league
I speak nothing but the truth

Litmanen
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Litmanen »

The one and only wrote:
Litmanen wrote:

It's the very reason they don't get belted by Barca like Man U do everytime, they have greater adaptability and are a better defensive, and counter attacking unit than united.[/quote]nothing to do with that they play in the same league[/quote]

Can you elaborate on that? because he did the same thing with Inter.

hurlcrook
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by hurlcrook »

Man utd are instinctively an attacking team -

The Kop
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by The Kop »

So is there a reason why this petulance and cowardly act from Ferdinand will go unpunished?

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

The Kop wrote:So is there a reason why this petulance and cowardly act from Ferdinand will go unpunished?

Are you blind?

He's got a United shirt on :wink:
Danny Blanchflower