Crows under investigation

This forum is for discussion of other sports.

Moderators: Randoman, Ernie Cooksey, Forum Admins

Delete Your Account
Club Captain
Club Captain

Re: Crows under investigation

Post by Delete Your Account »

Red-4-Life wrote:
Petro83 wrote:cant see much of a punishment handed out to the crows..it wont hurt them. so all those port power fans will have to rely on something else to make them happy. the AFL are investigating port also cos apparently they have been paying their players with meal vouchers for he prince of wales hotel on port road..which is classed as 3rd party payments :D
LOL really? They are going to cop it.

The fact they have surrendered their draft picks proves they are guilty and are just trying to suck up to the AFL
25% off for early guilty plea.
20% off for existing good 5 year record.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Hear on radio tonight that both SANFL granny finalists, Norwood and West, also both cheated. Wtf is going on with this corrupt sport?
Ignore this signature

Delete Your Account
Club Captain
Club Captain

Bomber wrote:Hear on radio tonight that both SANFL granny finalists, Norwood and West, also both cheated. Wtf is going on with this corrupt sport?
West have admitted to it, but Norwood have denied it.

West say they budgeted for a certain amount of games to be missed by injury (and hence paying a lower match fee for youth) but that didn't happen. So it wasn't a purposeful breach, in my mind.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Bacon888 wrote:
Bomber wrote:Hear on radio tonight that both SANFL granny finalists, Norwood and West, also both cheated. Wtf is going on with this corrupt sport?

West say they budgeted for a certain amount of games to be missed by injury (and hence paying a lower match fee for youth) but that didn't happen. So it wasn't a purposeful breach, in my mind.
Fancy thinking "not enough injuries this year, bugger!"
Ignore this signature

Delete Your Account
Club Captain
Club Captain

Bomber wrote:
Bacon888 wrote:

Fancy thinking "not enough injuries this year, bugger!"
Bit like some smaller EPL club in England not playing a form player they had on loan, because once he hit 25 games a payment clause kicked it.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

It makes me think, what if they (talking AFL here) scrapped the salary cap altogether? Okay, the rich clubs will remain strong and the weaker will effectively "drop off". Therein lies the opportunity to create a second division with promotion/relegation in the midst which would immediately get rid of tanking. Wont happen in my lifetime, but have always wondered how it would pan out.
Ignore this signature

ruud
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by ruud »

Bomber wrote:It makes me think, what if they (talking AFL here) scrapped the salary cap altogether? Okay, the rich clubs will remain strong and the weaker will effectively "drop off". Therein lies the opportunity to create a second division with promotion/relegation in the midst which would immediately get rid of tanking. Wont happen in my lifetime, but have always wondered how it would pan out.
I dont like this system in soccer so I hope it doesnt happen in AFL

It just means the league is always dominated by the richest clubs...

Red-4-Life
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Red-4-Life »

sucking up for draft tampering wont get them off their salary cap breach charges

Petro83
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Petro83 »

Red-4-Life wrote:sucking up for draft tampering wont get them off their salary cap breach charges
can you just stick to commenting on the power..good to see the power draft another weasel looking player..he will fit right in down there with a head like that!

crows will get slapped with a fine...yes we are guilty so a fine and this years draft is enough punishment!

Red-4-Life
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Red-4-Life »

Petro83 wrote:
Red-4-Life wrote:sucking up for draft tampering wont get them off their salary cap breach charges
can you just stick to commenting on the power..good to see the power draft another weasel looking player..he will fit right in down there with a head like that!

crows will get slapped with a fine...yes we are guilty so a fine and this years draft is enough punishment!
according to you deluded crows fans anyway

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

Red-4-Life wrote:
Petro83 wrote:

according to you deluded crows fans anyway
We will get more than a fine as even if we made a mistake/failed to follow correct procedure etc, the AFL will want to look like they are still hard nuts. If anything, Tippets legal actions are working in our favour as the AFL will want to make an example from him more than us now.

Happy with our first pick considering how far down the draft he is. Would have loved to have seen the Centrals lad taken but he is still available so maybe in the rookie draft.

Can't believe Port let Ben Kennedy go. Wines by the sounds of things is good but Kennedy will ge a gun

Red-4-Life
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Red-4-Life »

We'll let Collingwood develop him, bring him home with the "go home" factor in a couple years :wink:

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

Red-4-Life wrote:We'll let Collingwood develop him, bring him home with the "go home" factor in a couple years :wink:
:lol:

Yeah cause Gibbs and Griffin are desperate to come home. The only players worth of chasing to come home in the last 8 years has been Ebert to Port and Thompson to the Crows. Even with Thompson, he wasn't a star at the time.

SA players seem to quite like Melbourne

And before you say Monfries, I want you to to read the part where is says players worth chasing :D

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

I wonder what Tippetts punishment will be. The word is that the Crows are going to get bitten hard, I would expect the same be given to Tippett then.

paokara
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by paokara »

Jay Walking wrote: We will get more than a fine as even if we made a mistake/failed to follow correct procedure etc, the AFL will want to look like they are still hard nuts. If anything, Tippets legal actions are working in our favour as the AFL will want to make an example from him more than us now.

Happy with our first pick considering how far down the draft he is. Would have loved to have seen the Centrals lad taken but he is still available so maybe in the rookie draft.

Can't believe Port let Ben Kennedy go. Wines by the sounds of things is good but Kennedy will ge a gun

Not sure if serious? Wines was expected to be wrapped up by Melbourne with pick 4 but fell because GWS let Toumpas go to 4 after they took backman Lachie Plowman. Wines you could argue was the best inside mid in the draft. Kennedy's a great talent but was never going to crack top 10

PDog
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by PDog »

Paokara wrote:
Jay Walking wrote: We will get more than a fine as even if we made a mistake/failed to follow correct procedure etc, the AFL will want to look like they are still hard nuts. If anything, Tippets legal actions are working in our favour as the AFL will want to make an example from him more than us now.

Not sure if serious? Wines was expected to be wrapped up by Melbourne with pick 4 but fell because GWS let Toumpas go to 4 after they took backman Lachie Plowman. Wines you could argue was the best inside mid in the draft. Kennedy's a great talent but was never going to crack top 10
and being a South Australian, a lot of people here in SA might inflate his abilities or potential draft position.

always a hard decision to make, take the best talent available, or take the home grown player? tough one.

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

Paokara wrote:

Wines will be good but I've heard of plenty who have potential but never make it. I guess I've seen Kennedy play so basising it on that. Plus after been stung by Jacobs and SA having a rich draft pool, I thought Port might have gone the local player. Not saying that works every time, case in point Dangerfield V Ebert.

paokara
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by paokara »

Jay Walking wrote:
Paokara wrote:

Wines will be good but I've heard of plenty who have potential but never make it. I guess I've seen Kennedy play so basising it on that. Plus after been stung by Jacobs and SA having a rich draft pool, I thought Port might have gone the local player. Not saying that works every time, case in point Dangerfield V Ebert.
Valid, but Vic Country boys (Wines) seem to be alright when it comes to moving as they move regardless even if they stay in Vic. It's those pansy Vic Metro kids you have to worry about. Funnily enough Wines has come out today saying he's at Port for the long haul.

"I'm over the moon to be picked up by Port Adelaide and I'm not thinking about moving away at all."

"This is my club and I'm going to try and find a career here and try and make a successful AFL career playing for the Port Adelaide Football Club."

Hopefully he's a man of his word

DOC
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by DOC »

crows to plead guilty to all charges as they have admitted all along they stuffed up

no news on what tippet will do, but considering he asked to be de registered he must feel he will get off lightly and be able to be drafted, afl may come down on him for that arrogant move
ImageImage

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

DOC wrote:crows to plead guilty to all charges as they have admitted all along they stuffed up

no news on what tippet will do, but considering he asked to be de registered he must feel he will get off lightly and be able to be drafted, afl may come down on him for that arrogant move
Crows think they could beat some of the charges but are fearful of what the AFL will penalise them. Crows don't/won't take it to the high court to challenge so are trying to soften the blow.

Tippett still thinks that the AFL owe him and he should be able to do as he pleases. Even if he is deregistered, he will end up at the Swans on a huge salary.

Fingers crossed for tomorrow.

DOC
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by DOC »

Jay Walking wrote:
DOC wrote:crows to plead guilty to all charges as they have admitted all along they stuffed up

Crows think they could beat some of the charges but are fearful of what the AFL will penalise them. Crows don't/won't take it to the high court to challenge so are trying to soften the blow.

Tippett still thinks that the AFL owe him and he should be able to do as he pleases. Even if he is deregistered, he will end up at the Swans on a huge salary.

Fingers crossed for tomorrow.
gws to spoil the party, i feel if this happens the afl might let him off

the crows will cop it hard, but not something that will actually hurt the club
ImageImage

adam
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by adam »

Kurt Tippett suspended for 11 games for his role in the salary cap breaches and draft tampering

The AFL has thrown the book at Adelaide Football Club and Kurt Tippett after a hearing into charges regarding salary cap breaches and draft tampering.

Tippett has been banned from competing in the pre-season competition and 22 regular-season games but 11 of those games are suspended. He was also fined $50,000.

Adelaide Crows were fined $300,000 and banned from the first two rounds of the 2013 draft.

Stephen Trigg was fined $50,000 and banned for 12 months, six months of which is suspended for 5 years.

John Reid was banned for 12months, six months of which is suspended for five years.

Phil Harper was banned for six months, four months of which are suspended for five years. Tippett out of pre-season 22 games, 11 games $50,000

Fitzpatrick commended the Crows on their co-operation during the investigation.

The charges stemmed from the three-year contract Tippett signed with Adelaide in 2009, which made him the Crows' highest-paid player.

Adelaide had entered into a side agreement to trade Tippett to the club of his choice for a second-round draft pick when the contract finished at the end of the 2012 season.

Charges over payments of $200,000 to Tippett outside the salary cap were also investigated.

One of Tippett's suitors, Sydney Swans, released a statement saying the ban would not deter them from drafting the key forward.

"Although the decision is obviously a disappointing setback for Kurt, we have always seen Kurt as a long-term player and we will go to the pre-season draft with the intention of selecting him if he’s available at our pick," Sydney Swans general manager of football, Dean Moore said.

adam
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by adam »

Trigg and Harper should resign.

adam
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by adam »

Tippett got of lightly...

they should have made him play at Port Adelaide for 11 games.

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

adam wrote:Trigg and Harper should resign.
No they shouldn't....
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

ruud
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by ruud »

swannsong wrote:
No they shouldn't....
they should

they are ultimately responsible

(and Im a crows supporter)

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

ruud wrote:
swannsong wrote:
No they shouldn't....
they should

they are ultimately responsible

(and Im a crows supporter)
Well that settles it !
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

ruud
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by ruud »

good to see my word is final :D

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

swannsong wrote:
No they shouldn't....
Agree

DOC
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by DOC »

Jay Walking wrote:
swannsong wrote:
No they shouldn't....
Agree
who suggested the deal and approved said third party payments? if its these blokes then yes they should go
ImageImage