Cup Finals

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

Jack Mehorf
Squad Player
Squad Player

Re: Cup Finals

Post by Jack Mehorf »

legga wrote:and i hope BOSA put you to the sword :lol:
Cheers, I hope they dont.... :wink:[/quote]

Should be a ripper...wouldn't take them lightly, gonna try and get down for this one....GL anyway mate :wink:

legga
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by legga »

Should be a ripper...wouldn't take them lightly, gonna try and get down for this one....GL anyway mate :wink:[/quote]

Cheers, Knowing Motts he will not be taking any team or person lightly. Had the opportunity of watching a fair bit of the feltcher v bosa game and no way known is it going to be a stroll in the park..... :wink:
There is no I in team, but there is a u in suck...

Ernie Cooksey
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Ernie Cooksey »

Good luck to Vale, Saints & BOSA :P

legga
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by legga »

Go the mighty Downs today, create some club history.Heard Chase Andrews got the call from Motts last night so he decided to only eat half bucket of chicken last night and will save the rest for after the match, he has also been given league permission to wear a parachute with his strip in case he hits Mach 4 flying down the wing.... :shock: Good luck to everyone involved today...... ELIZABETH DOWNS DIVISION 1 CHAMPIONS 2012

Cocko
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Cocko »

legga wrote:Go the mighty Downs today, create some club history.Heard Chase Andrews got the call from Motts last night so he decided to only eat half bucket of chicken last night and will save the rest for after the match, he has also been given league permission to wear a parachute with his strip in case he hits Mach 4 flying down the wing.... :shock: Good luck to everyone involved today...... ELIZABETH DOWNS DIVISION 1 CHAMPIONS 2012

Go Bosa beat the MONGS lucky to be still in it anyways :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
If your not happy with this post, get in the FAR QUEUE

Playthewhistle
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Playthewhistle »

Congratulations to the Inter Over35s on the cup win, 3-2 in the last minute. Vale put up a great fight, could have gone either way a good game and both keepers making some good saves

predator
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by predator »

B's half time
St Peters 0
Farm 1

andyb
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by andyb »

Farm 1-0 up at half time. farm with more of the ball but playing too many long balls... started knocking it around better for the last 10mins of the half though. St Peters with more clear scoring chances. lucky to still have the keeper on the pitch after bringing down a player just outside the box.. goal came from the resulting free kick.

Dickie Bird
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Dickie Bird »

it was the perfect refereeing style for the +35's. Pretty much let everything go so both teams could kick lumps out of each other.

andyb
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by andyb »

Farm 2-1 SPOC

88th minute winner

chunky-monkey
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by chunky-monkey »

andyb wrote:Farm 2-1 SPOC

88th minute winner
Who scored the winner?

Captain Obvious
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Captain Obvious »

Ingle Farm

andyb
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by andyb »

Vista09 wrote:
andyb wrote:Farm 2-1 SPOC

88th minute winner
Who scored the winner?
Aguto

some bloke
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by some bloke »

Score update from downs bosa?

Los Del Eague
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Los Del Eague »

1 nil up Downs
Shame craggsy bottled it when Trimmers shoved a player in the face!
Straight red in my opinion.
The young boys said unto him....."go up baldhead, go up"......so he did, rose like a salmon and nodded the ball into the net......1 nil! :-)

4-4-2
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by 4-4-2 »

Los Del Eague wrote:1 nil up Downs
Should be the best refs in the league getting the final. Craggsy getting the final was a joke!

Stitch This
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stitch This »

Thought BOSA held their own up until the 40 minute mark, but Downs definitely had the edge after that.

Was always going to be difficult playing against 12 men. How did he miss that handball in the area?

Well done to BOSA's 16-year old reserve keeper who had to come on after half an hour. Tough gig kid.
Time for some righteous indignation

sufc13s
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by sufc13s »

Los Del Eague wrote:1 nil up Downs
I agree but despite that incident bosa well and truly got the better decisions.
bosa number 13 is a joke another paulie diving and whinging disgrace to the way the game should be played.
well done downs league cup double

magic
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by magic »

I agree sufc12s. Bosa's tried to intimidate the Downs today. Proved to be poor tatics as it back fired and it was a Bosa player who got his marching orders when the Downs flexed thier muscle. Thought the referee was poor and failed to control the game in the first half and really should have sent Trimboli off. Bosa got what thier tatics deserved today. Well done to the Downs and congratulations on winning the double and happy 50th birthday.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

Stitch This wrote:Thought BOSA held their own up until the 40 minute mark, but Downs definitely had the edge after that.

Was always going to be difficult playing against 12 men. How did he miss that handball in the area?

Well done to BOSA's 16-year old reserve keeper who had to come on after half an hour. Tough gig kid.

I thought the handball was one of those where you sometimes see them given but could see why it wasn't as well, I didn't think it was deliberate handball.

Ref missed a downs penalty in the first half as well as well failing to send trimboli off.

gee_kay
Star Player
Star Player

Post by gee_kay »

Was more a push in the back of the head then face. Don't think it was forceful enough for a red
Follow me on Twitter @gee_kay10

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

gee_kay wrote:Was more a push in the back of the head then face. Don't think it was forceful enough for a red

looked a little bit more than just a push but once it's in the head it's hard not to give a red.

Can't remember what the BOSA guy got his first yellow for but he left him little choice with the 2nd.

Ubietz
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Ubietz »

Captain Obvious wrote:Ingle Farm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
«Εμείς μαζί για μια ζωή»

gee_kay
Star Player
Star Player

Post by gee_kay »

God is an Englishman wrote:
gee_kay wrote:Was more a push in the back of the head then face. Don't think it was forceful enough for a red

looked a little bit more than just a push but once it's in the head it's hard not to give a red.

Can't remember what the BOSA guy got his first yellow for but he left him little choice with the 2nd.
First one was for a bump on Brennan which was probably made a meal of. Second one definitely there. My question is if Brennan and Menillo were playing Feds would there tackles have been send offs?
Follow me on Twitter @gee_kay10

andyb
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by andyb »

Congrats to jogger and team on completing the league and cup double. some good advice has seen you collect 3 titles in four seasons.... Seem to have yourself a good agent ;-)

legga
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by legga »

Go Bosa beat the MONGS lucky to be still in it anyways :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:[/quote]
Who's laughing now you biff, ELIZABETH DOWNS DIVISION 1 CHAMPIONS 2012. ELIZABETH DOWNS CUP WINNERS 2012. Parafeltchers jack shite.... :lol: :lol: Keep on dreaming cocko smoker... :lol: We will take lucky any day over what you brought to the table this year.......

magic
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by magic »

Dickie Bird wrote:it was the perfect refereeing style for the +35's. Pretty much let everything go so both teams could kick lumps out of each other.
Footballers 3 Thugs 2 !!!!!

gunther
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by gunther »

legga...chase opted against playing as he wanted to see a close game...also the possibility of him playing caused some rifts down at grange HQ, some thought it only logical to charge at the gate where others said they can't...has been using trainings the last couple weeks as pre-season for 7 a side im led to believe.....the application of the kid to his trade is phenomenal and refreshing to see.
wandering in a bolton wonderland

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

gunther wrote:legga...chase opted against playing as he wanted to see a close game...also the possibility of him playing caused some rifts down at grange HQ, some thought it only logical to charge at the gate where others said they can't...has been using trainings the last couple weeks as pre-season for 7 a side im led to believe.....the application of the kid to his trade is phenomenal and refreshing to see.
Rare unselfishness....such a gentleman and an ornament to the game !
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

gee_kay wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:

First one was for a bump on Brennan which was probably made a meal of. Second one definitely there. My question is if Brennan and Menillo were playing Feds would there tackles have been send offs?

Sorry, don't know the names but it wasn't the shoulder to shoulder one to the left of the box was it? If so I didn't even think it was a free kick.