Andrews Farm Soccer Club

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

andyb
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Andrews Farm Soccer Club

Post by andyb »

Andrews Farm Junior Soccer Club are looking into fielding a seniors team/teams for the 2013 season. They need expressions of interest from players so they can decide if this idea is possible. If you are interested in playing for an up and coming club please post a comment or send me a PM so the information can be passed on to the relevant people.

Thanks 8)

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Re: Andrews Farm Soccer Club

Post by swannsong »

Will you use the cross of St Andrew in you logo-colours ?

Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

Fact Hunt
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Fact Hunt »

So if it wasn't bad enough that those geniuses from e&d decided to sanction the creation of another club in an area where there are plenty and few grounds to go around you now want to have another senior club in an area that already has plenty.....?

HailHail
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by HailHail »

FOB would be spewin
"AND THEY GAVE US JAMES McGRORY AND PAUL McSTAY, THEY GAVE US JOHNSTONE, TULLEY, MURDOCH, AULD AND HAY, AND MOST OF THE FOOTBALL GREATS HAVE PASSED THROUGH PARKHEAD'S GATES, FOR TO PLAY FOOTBALL THE GLASGOW CELTIC WAY"

andyb
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by andyb »

relax people :) its an option, not a certainty. Its something thats being looked into, it sure wont be hastily thrown together and it wont happen if there isnt enough interested players.

legga
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by legga »

I reckon they have been playing at the old Eliz Fields ground opposite the Karriwarra. Plenty of pitch space there, room for 3 large pitches and 3 or 4 junior pitches. The way Andy's Farm is growing they will definitely have the population and its expanding over the next couple of years..... :wink:
There is no I in team, but there is a u in suck...

andyb
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by andyb »

legga wrote:I reckon they have been playing at the old Eliz Fields ground opposite the Karriwarra. Plenty of pitch space there, room for 3 large pitches and 3 or 4 junior pitches. The way Andy's Farm is growing they will definitely have the population and its expanding over the next couple of years..... :wink:
This is exactly why they are looking into the option. Its not just a growing area, but one with a large african population aswell. My neighbours (one both sides) are african families and their kids are ALWAYS out on the street kicking the ball around and wearing their AFJSC shirts. The day i moved in here, all the kids wanted to do was talk about football. The club is very well placed to take advantage of the growth in the area.

Lost User
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Lost User »

Jogger as Captain?

andyb
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by andyb »

Lost User wrote:Jogger as Captain?
Joggers too good for div4 :roll: (or lower depending on numbers) Maybe you can come down for a run mate? :wink:

Lost User
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Lost User »

andyb wrote:
Joggers too good for div4 :roll: (or lower depending on numbers) Maybe you can come down for a run mate? :wink:
I may actually be interested

HailHail
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by HailHail »

andyb wrote:
legga wrote:I reckon they have been playing at the old Eliz Fields ground opposite the Karriwarra. Plenty of pitch space there, room for 3 large pitches and 3 or 4 junior pitches. The way Andy's Farm is growing they will definitely have the population and its expanding over the next couple of years..... :wink:
This is exactly why they are looking into the option. Its not just a growing area, but one with a large african population aswell. My neighbours (one both sides) are african families and their kids are ALWAYS out on the street kicking the ball around and wearing their AFJSC shirts. The day i moved in here, all the kids wanted to do was talk about football. The club is very well placed to take advantage of the growth in the area.
Same as me, I live in Munno para west and my neighbors are african, always kicking a ball on the street, I even gave the wee lad a Celtic strip that doesn't fit me anymore. Andrews farm will grow no doubt, just a shame that the fields weren't around for it, no disrespect to afjsc
"AND THEY GAVE US JAMES McGRORY AND PAUL McSTAY, THEY GAVE US JOHNSTONE, TULLEY, MURDOCH, AULD AND HAY, AND MOST OF THE FOOTBALL GREATS HAVE PASSED THROUGH PARKHEAD'S GATES, FOR TO PLAY FOOTBALL THE GLASGOW CELTIC WAY"

Old Redback
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Old Redback »

HailHail wrote:
andyb wrote:
Same as me, I live in Munno para west and my neighbors are african, always kicking a ball on the street, I even gave the wee lad a Celtic strip that doesn't fit me anymore. Andrews farm will grow no doubt, just a shame that the fields weren't around for it, no disrespect to afjsc
....and I bet the lad thought he was coming to Australia for a better quality of life!

andyb
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by andyb »

Old Redback wrote:
HailHail wrote:Same as me, I live in Munno para west and my neighbors are african, always kicking a ball on the street, I even gave the wee lad a Celtic strip that doesn't fit me anymore. Andrews farm will grow no doubt, just a shame that the fields weren't around for it, no disrespect to afjsc
....and I bet the lad thought he was coming to Australia for a better quality of life!
:lol: :lol:

I cant laugh too hard... Im a Leeds United supporter :shock:

jogger
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by jogger »

And as my loyal follower and number 1 fan... you would be my vice?

HailHail
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by HailHail »

I would have offered him a rankers strip but:
A- that's child abuse
B- I have never and will never own one :)

Old Redback
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Old Redback »

HailHail wrote:I would have offered him a rankers strip but:
A- that's child abuse
B- I have never and will never own one :)
The obsession comes up again - what is it with you Bhoys? Just let it go man.....

Freddie23
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Freddie23 »

I'll come play

andyb
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by andyb »

Freddie23 wrote:I'll come play
8) bring your mates :wink:

andyb
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by andyb »

BUMP! 8)

andyb
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by andyb »

Getting a bit of interest which is great :) 16 names on the list of possible players already.... We're well aware there is still 6months till next season starts but its a good sign that there is interest in the area 8)

andyb
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by andyb »

buuuuuump 8)

Cruie
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Cruie »

Andrews Farm ... that's up Gawler way, isn't it? (My local geography is worse than an Apple-Made Map App!!)

Anyway - where ever it is - good luck with your expansion. We have Junior and Senior teams (the seniors came long after the juniors) so as long as you're doing the accounting to make sure costs are shared out fairly evenly (it's more expensive to run a senior than a junior team, is our experience) then it'll be a great enhancement to your club.

We've been at it for five seasons and are starting to get a decent trickle of ex-U16s joining the senior side of the club ... the main focus when the join up was proposed ... which is great to see

Best of luck, hope it goes well for your club :)

andyb
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by andyb »

Cruie wrote:Andrews Farm ... that's up Gawler way, isn't it? (My local geography is worse than an Apple-Made Map App!!)

Anyway - where ever it is - good luck with your expansion. We have Junior and Senior teams (the seniors came long after the juniors) so as long as you're doing the accounting to make sure costs are shared out fairly evenly (it's more expensive to run a senior than a junior team, is our experience) then it'll be a great enhancement to your club.

We've been at it for five seasons and are starting to get a decent trickle of ex-U16s joining the senior side of the club ... the main focus when the join up was proposed ... which is great to see

Best of luck, hope it goes well for your club :)

5minutes from the Elizabeth shopping centre.....

Thanks for the support =-)

andyb
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by andyb »

We're up to 35 possible players on our list and the committee has voted to nominate a team/teams into the saasl next season. In the process of crossing some t's and dotting some i's but things are moving along relatively smoothly at this point :D

legga
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by legga »

Whats the go Andy will you utilise the old fields clubrooms at Kalara reserve?

andyb
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by andyb »

legga wrote:Whats the go Andy will you utilise the old fields clubrooms at Kalara reserve?
Correct mate... the juniors club has been there for four seasons now. apparently it was set up by the EDSA initially and then handed over to the committee to run. the club colours are suppose to represent some former clubs from the area that no longer exist..

legga
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by legga »

Correct mate... the juniors club has been there for four seasons now. apparently it was set up by the EDSA initially and then handed over to the committee to run. the club colours are suppose to represent some former clubs from the area that no longer exist..[/quote]

All the best to the new club when it gets up, dont forget to get your name into the playford cup hat as well . One would also have to guess there is a pretty good sponsorship deal over at the karri across the rd waiting to be tapped into.. :wink:

htfac
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by htfac »

andyb wrote:
legga wrote:Whats the go Andy will you utilise the old fields clubrooms at Kalara reserve?
Correct mate... the juniors club has been there for four seasons now. apparently it was set up by the EDSA initially and then handed over to the committee to run. the club colours are suppose to represent some former clubs from the area that no longer exist..
The black and white strips are the old Elizabeth West colours I believe. Also APAC used to play in black and white as well.

andyb
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by andyb »

htfac wrote:
andyb wrote:
The black and white strips are the old Elizabeth West colours I believe. Also APAC used to play in black and white as well.
When I spoke to the current VP he did mention all the clubs (4 i think)... I beleive Elizabeth South? were one he mentioned..... they play in Black and White stripped shirts, black shorts with red stripes and yellow socks... not sure if that helps any of you historians out there ;)

legga
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by legga »

Smithfield east had a team in this area as well years ago, old man howlett used to coach them and his lad ritchie played for them, I reckon they were red and white stripes..maybe. I remember the South played out of ridley rd at one stage as well just white with maroon and be done.... :lol: :lol: