Saturday Division 2 Predictions

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Re: Saturday Division 2 Predictions

Post by God is an Englishman »

Paleon Patros Germanos wrote:Someone has suggested that NAB may move back to amateurs and will be given Div 1 status on either Saturday or Sunday.

If that's the case maybe Top 3 go up for a 12 team league?

Maybe only 1 up. :shock:

Puts a spanner in the works for the catch up game. Surely the league cannot take promotion away from titans for a team that were only good enough to be Sunday div 3(??) before.

Do NAB even have the money to survive any longer, don't they own campbelltown council thousands?

onthemound
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by onthemound »

I have heard a similar thing. If 3 were to go up then I believe Vipers would be the next in line to go up unless Modbury get the 3 points against the Comets this week. Makes for a massive game for Modbury this week. I'm sure if Comets don't want to play then the Jets will gladly take the 3 points and move back to div.1. Tough luck on Vipers :shock: Then again maybe only 1 team will come down from div.1 meaning that the Hawks v Iggies game will be irrelevant.

Anyway, putting all of this aside, I can't believe that players/clubs don't want to play a game of soccer because it has no relevance to where their team will finish. What ever happened to playing the game for the love of it. We live in a country where we are fortunate to have grounds to play on and opposition to play against and as soon as there is no relevance to the ladder, people don't want to play. These people should be educated on the millions of starving and unfortunate football lovers of the world that would gladly give up their slice of bread for the week to be in the position that us South Aussies are in and play a game of football. Shame on Comets for not wanting to play and to all of those who share the same thoughts. :oops:

God is an Englishman can at least hold is head up high after saying that he wanted to still play even though he knew it was a dead rubber.

Chips
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Chips »

onthemound wrote:I have heard a similar thing. If 3 were to go up then I believe Vipers would be the next in line to go up unless Modbury get the 3 points against the Comets this week. Makes for a massive game for Modbury this week. I'm sure if Comets don't want to play then the Jets will gladly take the 3 points and move back to div.1. Tough luck on Vipers :shock: Then again maybe only 1 team will come down from div.1 meaning that the Hawks v Iggies game will be irrelevant.

Anyway, putting all of this aside, I can't believe that players/clubs don't want to play a game of soccer because it has no relevance to where their team will finish. What ever happened to playing the game for the love of it. We live in a country where we are fortunate to have grounds to play on and opposition to play against and as soon as there is no relevance to the ladder, people don't want to play. These people should be educated on the millions of starving and unfortunate football lovers of the world that would gladly give up their slice of bread for the week to be in the position that us South Aussies are in and play a game of football. Shame on Comets for not wanting to play and to all of those who share the same thoughts. :oops:

God is an Englishman can at least hold is head up high after saying that he wanted to still play even though he knew it was a dead rubber.
firstly have you seen out pitch?? :lol:

secondly comets were happy to play this weekend but after discussion with the jets they decided their was no need to. if things now have changed then im sure we will front up.

bapa
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by bapa »

Chips wrote:
onthemound wrote:I have heard a similar thing. If 3 were to go up then I believe Vipers would be the next in line to go up unless Modbury get the 3 points against the Comets this week. Makes for a massive game for Modbury this week. I'm sure if Comets don't want to play then the Jets will gladly take the 3 points and move back to div.1. Tough luck on Vipers :shock: Then again maybe only 1 team will come down from div.1 meaning that the Hawks v Iggies game will be irrelevant.

firstly have you seen out pitch?? :lol:

secondly comets were happy to play this weekend but after discussion with the jets they decided their was no need to. if things now have changed then im sure we will front up.

surely u would like to know before ur next scheduled training session, if a game is to be played this weekend??

the REAL one
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by the REAL one »

Someone has suggested that NAB may move back to amateurs and will be given Div 1 status on either Saturday or Sunday.

+
I have heard a similar thing. If 3 were to go up then I believe Vipers would be the next in line to go up unless Modbury get the 3 points against the Comets this week. Makes for a massive game for Modbury this week. I'm sure if Comets don't want to play then the Jets will gladly take the 3 points and move back to div.1. Tough luck on Vipers Then again maybe only 1 team will come down from div.1 meaning that the Hawks v Iggies game will be irrelevant.
now this is very interesting...

maybe the game should have been played b4 the last round...

i still think the game needs to be played this week regardless because of the above quotes!!!
"Thats not sexy football!" and "Play the REAL one... again and again"

Lucas Leiva
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Lucas Leiva »

This has always been the case with games that have no impact on promotion / relegation as the league decides not to designate refs.

This is the same in any competition (FFSA and SAASL).

Personally I'm still peed off it was only a 16 game season.!

TheKing#9
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by TheKing#9 »

the REAL one wrote:will it be played?

comets undefeated season on the line? modbury could be the only team to beat them!

player of the year votes up for grabs???

top goalscorer is wrapped up i think??? with carl tyson form jets... seeing as ross from cougars didnt score in last 2 games and micky m from titans didnt play last 4 games.

who makes the decision?
Don't forget me TR1 I'm currently on 11 I'd love to play and bag a brace to tie for the golden boot too :D

the REAL one
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by the REAL one »

sorry kingy... im going by website... obviously not updated then

and i thank u for ur goal on sat :wink:

celebrated in style both at ladywood and @ grange :D

bapa
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by bapa »

TheKing#9 wrote:

comets undefeated season on the line? modbury could be the only team to beat them!

top goalscorer is wrapped up i think??? with carl tyson form jets... seeing as ross from cougars didnt score in last 2 games and micky m from titans didnt play last 4 games.

who makes the decision?
Don't forget me TR1 I'm currently on 11 I'd love to play and bag a brace to tie for the golden boot too :D

u will be too busy playing with ur "poutso"!
:wink:

The General
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by The General »

Paleon Patros Germanos wrote:Someone has suggested that NAB may move back to amateurs and will be given Div 1 status on either Saturday or Sunday.

??? How do all the div 2 clubs feel about that ? maybe a good lawyer is needed here :)

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

The General wrote:

??? How do all the div 2 clubs feel about that ? maybe a good lawyer is needed here :)

Why would the other div 2 teams care and be prepared to spend their money ensuring that titans go up? I'm sure the taxi driver has had a lawyer in his cab before who could help them out in a legal challenge.

Ernie Cooksey
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Ernie Cooksey »

I say put them in div 2. Let their first season determine which division they belong in.

the REAL one
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by the REAL one »

TheKing#9 wrote:

who makes the decision?
i checked our records and Micky M has 14 goals... not updated

on the website we have scored team total of 32 and the individual goal scorers tally equals 27... so there is 5 unaccounted for...

Gabon
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Gabon »

Comets vs Modbury Jets catch up game is being played for all 3 teams this Saturday

TheKing#9
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by TheKing#9 »

the REAL one wrote:
TheKing#9 wrote:

who makes the decision?
i checked our records and Micky M has 14 goals... not updated

on the website we have scored team total of 32 and the individual goal scorers tally equals 27... so there is 5 unaccounted for...
So that means I need a hat trick this week then

Chips
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Chips »

So who is coming to watch? We going to get a big crowd for comets v modbury?

Gabon
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Gabon »

Chips wrote:So who is coming to watch? We going to get a big crowd for comets v modbury?
Will there be parking spots with Saturday being the last day of the show?

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Gabon wrote:
Chips wrote:So who is coming to watch? We going to get a big crowd for comets v modbury?
Will there be parking spots with Saturday being the last day of the show?
I think they're far enough down greenhill road for it not to be too bad, I'll probably walk down though.

Also. Last week they promised us a good feed if the game goes ahead. Meat on a spit and decent imported beer would be nice.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Also, seeing as both divisional champions are playing in "dead" games, will there be the guard of honour like teams in the premiership get when they've already won the league?

Chips
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Chips »

God is an Englishman wrote:Also, seeing as both divisional champions are playing in "dead" games, will there be the guard of honour like teams in the premiership get when they've already won the league?
We did that 3 weeks ago when we sealed it all up. had young family members walk out on the pitch with us.
Not sure whats happening with food and drink.

I dont think the show will be a problem. Its the distance of Goodwood Rd to past Unley Rd so pretty far away.

So what is the reason this game is being played? just out of curiosity?

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Chips wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:Also, seeing as both divisional champions are playing in "dead" games, will there be the guard of honour like teams in the premiership get when they've already won the league?
We did that 3 weeks ago when we sealed it all up. had young family members walk out on the pitch with us.

I dont think the show will be a problem. Its the distance of Goodwood Rd to past Unley Rd so pretty far away.

I believe the "possibility" of 3 teams going up influenced the decision, no point in taking the risk. For the B's & C's, I think it's just players from both sides were kean to have a kick. It's a long off season in australia and the more football the better.

I was talking more about Comets players clapping the jets reserves onto the pitch as champions :D

bapa
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by bapa »

Chips wrote:

I may have to head down and see the competition from the promoted team, next year......!

Jack Mehorf
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Jack Mehorf »

DAM wrote:
Chips wrote:

I may have to head down and see the competition from the promoted team, next year......!
Me too :wink:

Steve#4
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Steve#4 »

Light Easterly winds Saturday.......Gorn Fishing.

I Am Number Two
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by I Am Number Two »

Chips wrote:So what is the reason this game is being played? just out of curiosity?
Presumably just in case a 3rd team goes up to Div 1... so would be much appreciated if you at least drew them again. ;)

Jack Mehorf
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Jack Mehorf »

Steve#6 wrote:Light Easterly winds Saturday.......Gorn Fishing.
Need a deck hand? or someone to twist the tops off?

Steve#4
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Steve#4 »

Jack Mehorf wrote:
This one my wife would kill me if I left her at home, been a long winter.

I will get in touch with Kolabaras and we'll do a boys trip before the start of next season...Would be a laugh. :lol:

bapa
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by bapa »

Jack Mehorf wrote:
Need a dIck hand? or someone to twist the tops off?

:lol:

Jack Mehorf
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Jack Mehorf »

Steve#6 wrote:
Jack Mehorf wrote:
This one my wife would kill me if I left her at home, been a long winter.

I will get in touch with Kolabaras and we'll do a boys trip before the start of next season...Would be a laugh. :lol:
Sounds great....gotta make sure it's VB though :wink:

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Jack Mehorf wrote:Sounds great....gotta make sure it's VB though :wink:
drinking vb whilst sitting on a boat with you champagne.

as paphitis would say on dragons den - I'M OUT!!