cup updates and results

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

ontheblackburner
Squad Player
Squad Player

Re: cup updates and results

Post by ontheblackburner »

I for one, think that the refs have been fantastic this year
#venkysout

Salisbury Florina (1970 - 2018)
2005 SAASL Sunday Division 2 Champions
2009 SAASL Sunday Premier League Champions
2013 SAASL Sunday Division 2 Champions

https://www.facebook.com/MantonStTribe
https://www.twitter.com/MantonStTribe

PDog
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by PDog »

Big G wrote:True story: i was on my way to our game, and i said to dad "10 bucks says the maco v gardens game gets called off"
gee thanks nostradamus! :wink:

Big G
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Big G »

PDog wrote:
Big G wrote:True story: i was on my way to our game, and i said to dad "10 bucks says the maco v gardens game gets called off"
gee thanks nostradamus! :wink:
You're welcome, want to know anything else? :wink:

FoundIt
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by FoundIt »

that was odds on though wasnt it? if you had to pick one game, you knew it'd be that one.
Im closer than you think

Big G
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Big G »

StDidacus wrote:
that was odds on though wasnt it? if you had to pick one game, you knew it'd be that one.
Yes but my reason why i thought it would be called off was spot on.

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

Big G wrote:
StDidacus wrote:
Yes but my reason why i thought it would be called off was spot on.
So you were the neutral supporter

Big G
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Big G »

bloodypassit wrote:So you were the neutral supporter
Yup, and created all the trouble to get my $10 :lol:

club man
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by club man »

Well I am not surprised that, Nuggets and a few other forumites have passed judgement on the Macedonia Club, If we are the only club in the League THAT HAS PLAYERS who are hot heads, I will fold my Club today. Nuggets was that you abusing the Macedonia Supporters who did not in any way get involved in the whole Incident?? Should I drag up Incidents in which your Club has abused Ref's and opposition crowds, NO I WILL not, but I am sure you can cut and paste those Incidents.

Big G
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Big G »

club man wrote:If we are the only club in the League THAT HAS PLAYERS who are hot heads, I will fold my Club today.
I think people are more concerned about what is being done about the 'hot heads'. Discipline etc, not that they exist. I guess some of us get the impression that the club turns a blind eye to certain events and maybe the reason why there are repeat incidents?

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

club man wrote:Well I am not surprised that, Nuggets and a few other forumites have passed judgement on the Macedonia Club, If we are the only club in the League THAT HAS PLAYERS who are hot heads, I will fold my Club today. Nuggets was that you abusing the Macedonia Supporters who did not in any way get involved in the whole Incident?? Should I drag up Incidents in which your Club has abused Ref's and opposition crowds, NO I WILL not, but I am sure you can cut and paste those Incidents.
yet again deflecting the issue .........

and its your club is it ... not the other ppl that also help out

Knight15
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Knight15 »

I hope you get things sorted out, was very impressed by the way you handled things at the Knights, when things got a bit heated.

I know you are working hard to sort things out, however it might be time to look hard at some of your serial offenders
Are you Bodo in disguise?

club man
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by club man »

The hot heads get Red carded and don't play, for as LONG the SAASL deems fit.

club man
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by club man »

bloodypassit wrote:
club man wrote:Well I am not surprised that, Nuggets and a few other forumites have passed judgement on the Macedonia Club, If we are the only club in the League THAT HAS PLAYERS who are hot heads, I will fold my Club today. Nuggets was that you abusing the Macedonia Supporters who did not in any way get involved in the whole Incident?? Should I drag up Incidents in which your Club has abused Ref's and opposition crowds, NO I WILL not, but I am sure you can cut and paste those Incidents.

As a matter of fact YES :lol:

KING NUGGETT
Star Player
Star Player

Post by KING NUGGETT »

club man wrote:Well I am not surprised that, Nuggets and a few other forumites have passed judgement on the Macedonia Club, If we are the only club in the League THAT HAS PLAYERS who are hot heads

I completely understand you can't control every player, supporter or even committee members actions during a game Clubman but what you can control is everytime it happens which is more often with your Club it's the Referees Fault!

SAASL DIV.1 CHAMPIONS 73,75,78,02,10,11,13
CHALLENGE CUP WINNERS 74,75,80,08,10,11,13
SAASL DIV.1 RES. CHAMPIONS 71,75,77,78,79,94,11,13
RES. CUP WINNERS 73,75,76,13
CHAMPIONS OF CHAMPIONS 10
CICHANOWSKI SHIELD 90,08,11,12,14

Est.1966

Rodent
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Rodent »

club man wrote:
bloodypassit wrote:

As a matter of fact YES :lol:
Club Man do your club and yourself a favor and don't comment
on what happened on and off the field on the forum anymore
and concentrate on getting your clubs reputation back to the days
of old.
Every Rat has his day !!

club man
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by club man »

On a more serious note, yes we have a problem. The fact that we have one of the most gifted players in the SAASL. He is constantly fouled and abused by opposition players and abused by opposition spectators, his reactions to date have been inappropriate, his ability is respected by all but the only way he can be beat is by the constant abuse he gets on the park. The ref's on most occasions are on top of this abuse and he plays well. Yes all out there have worked him out, upset him and he will get sent off. Does the ref not have a duty of care out on the pitch, EVERY Wed at training he has required treatment for damage he has received to his ankles from the constant fouls on him, Yes I know it's a Man's Sport, but he too has a job and family to feed. Ease up on the blatant fouls and play fair and we all, will see some brilliant soccer played.

KING NUGGETT
Star Player
Star Player

Post by KING NUGGETT »

not surprising just more excuses, isn't this star player coming back from a 4 week suspension clubman?

Est.1966

club man
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by club man »

1 week
Do you ever let up, like a dog on a bone.
Get a life!
Last edited by club man on Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

club man wrote:On a more serious note, yes we have a problem. The fact that we have one of the most gifted players in the SAASL. He is constantly fouled and abused by opposition players and abused by opposition spectators, his reactions to date have been inappropriate, his ability is respected by all but the only way he can be beat is by the constant abuse he gets on the park. The ref's on most occasions are on top of this abuse and he plays well. Yes all out there have worked him out, upset him and he will get sent off. Does the ref not have a duty of care out on the pitch, EVERY Wed at training he has required treatment for damage he has received to his ankles from the constant fouls on him, Yes I know it's a Man's Sport, but he too has a job and family to feed. Ease up on the blatant fouls and play fair and we all, will see some brilliant soccer played.
Well said club man, however, I must say that from my limited observations, that player gives as hard as he gets....some of those injuries would also be acquired because he does go in hard for the ball.
His behaviour during a couple of incidents (not involving him) were exemplary and commendable.
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

Lost User
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Lost User »

Why dont you pull out your video footage to clear your name, Hang on, the footage that disappears when your club is in the wrong !!

To blame a ref for your players actions is ridiculous,

Another embarrassing Masoes incident
Last edited by Lost User on Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

club man wrote:On a more serious note, yes we have a problem. The fact that we have one of the most gifted players in the SAASL. He is constantly fouled and abused by opposition players and abused by opposition spectators, his reactions to date have been inappropriate, his ability is respected by all but the only way he can be beat is by the constant abuse he gets on the park. The ref's on most occasions are on top of this abuse and he plays well. Yes all out there have worked him out, upset him and he will get sent off. Does the ref not have a duty of care out on the pitch, EVERY Wed at training he has required treatment for damage he has received to his ankles from the constant fouls on him, Yes I know it's a Man's Sport, but he too has a job and family to feed. Ease up on the blatant fouls and play fair and we all, will see some brilliant soccer played.
Im assuming your talking about Mustafa ???

if so , how many times did he get sent off last year??? was it 2 or 3
plus this ...

while I understand that he is a marked player ... im sure every club as a player that is closely marked every game ....

gone
Star Player
Star Player

Post by gone »

club man wrote:The hot heads get Red carded and don't play, for as LONG the SAASL deems fit.
Perhaps the club could do more to show the players that it's not just the SAASL that is affected/unhappy, but the club & league as well? If it's a repeat offender & you want to help them get the message, give them an extra week internal suspension or something.
Stirling District (est 1967) 32 seasons successfully avoiding a Championship then this
1999 Div 2 Champions
2002 Div 2 & 2B
2004 Div 1 & Champion of Champions
2007 Div 1 & 1B
2009 Div 1B
2011 Div 1B
2013 Div 2B & 7C
2014 Div 2B

legga
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by legga »

Every bloody week it is all about parafield :lol: :lol: , at least there isnt 4 topics on the downs on the top this week. All I can say on this is kick both sides out the cup and give a dream run to the final ( a bye) to any of the other clubs still left in. Maybe the league could make these two teams play the rest of their games this season at grange seeing they have brought the game into disrepute and deduct all thier league points to show the football world they mean business as well...... :lol: :lol: :lol: You very naughty boys, how about pillows at 10 paces and the winner can be declared kings of Salisbury.... :shock: How about they pay each other lets say 5 goats each and call it quits and no nugget suspenders and stocking are not optional on all goats :wink: :wink:
There is no I in team, but there is a u in suck...

Rodent
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Rodent »

legga wrote:Every bloody week it is all about parafield :lol: :lol: , at least there isnt 4 topics on the downs on the top this week. All I can say on this is kick both sides out the cup and give a dream run to the final ( a bye) to any of the other clubs still left in. Maybe the league could make these two teams play the rest of their games this season at grange seeing they have brought the game into disrepute and deduct all thier league points to show the football world they mean business as well...... :lol: :lol: :lol: You very naughty boys, how about pillows at 10 paces and the winner can be declared kings of Salisbury.... :shock: How about they pay each other lets say 5 goats each and call it quits and no nugget suspenders and stocking are not optional on all goats :wink: :wink:
Lol you idiot Mong ... Had to get your toothless opinion in...!
Go put your fishing pole back in the rack :clown:
Every Rat has his day !!

ontheblackburner
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by ontheblackburner »

So all Barossa Pearl aside, what's the ruling now. Gardens were 2-0 after 20 minutes and probably cruising to an easy win.

Is the game replayed?

Does the ref award the victory to Gardens based on the assumption they would have held on/won by more?
#venkysout

Salisbury Florina (1970 - 2018)
2005 SAASL Sunday Division 2 Champions
2009 SAASL Sunday Premier League Champions
2013 SAASL Sunday Division 2 Champions

https://www.facebook.com/MantonStTribe
https://www.twitter.com/MantonStTribe

jonnomath
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by jonnomath »

ontheblackburner wrote:So all Barossa Pearl aside, what's the ruling now. Gardens were 2-0 after 20 minutes and probably cruising to an easy win.

Is the game replayed?

Does the ref award the victory to Gardens based on the assumption they would have held on/won by more?
Ref has no say on the result... he will submit his report to the SAASL and they will decide on the outcome...

KING NUGGETT
Star Player
Star Player

Post by KING NUGGETT »

GARDENS WILL BE AWARDED THE WIN 100%

Est.1966

Knight15
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Knight15 »

bloodypassit wrote:
Im assuming your talking about Mustafa ???

if so , how many times did he get sent off last year??? was it 2 or 3
plus this ...

while I understand that he is a marked player ... im sure every club as a player that is closely marked every game ....
Wouldn't jump to assumptions, Mustafa was excellent v Knights, even congratulated the supporters after the game
Are you Bodo in disguise?

legga
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by legga »

Lol you idiot Mong ... Had to get your toothless opinion in...!
Go put your fishing pole back in the rack :clown:[/quote]

Takes two to tango, its funny you have an opinion on everything you know jack shite about but when your club is involved its either the other team or you want everyone to butt out or sweep it under the carpet.
Come on league show some balls and kick them out the cup, nannas and kids were watching..... :lol: :lol: :lol:
As for fishing got a response out of you didnt I kipper lips..... :clown: :clown:
There is no I in team, but there is a u in suck...

KING NUGGETT
Star Player
Star Player

Post by KING NUGGETT »

Why so desperate for the GARDENS to be kicked out of the Cup whittle legga?
I think you might be a little worried about drawing us in the CUP!!!

Est.1966