Rangers gets boot from Top Tier of SPL

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

pernunz
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Re: Rangers gets boot from Top Tier of SPL

Post by pernunz »

I believe it's the top of the heirachy that's gone into Administration/Liquidation/In the process of winding up.

The Newco Rangers are a completely separate legal entity that, from what I understand, simply purchased the assets of Old Rangers. As such they are trying to get a license to play. All other teams in the past that have done this have re-entered in League 3 (although I think one club bought another clubs license who was going broke at the time, not 100% sure)

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

pernunz wrote:I believe it's the top of the heirachy that's gone into Administration/Liquidation/In the process of winding up.

The Newco Rangers are a completely separate legal entity that, from what I understand, simply purchased the assets of Old Rangers. As such they are trying to get a license to play. All other teams in the past that have done this have re-entered in League 3 (although I think one club bought another clubs license who was going broke at the time, not 100% sure)

Are players contracts being honoured, do players HAVE to honour them?

Those answers would determine my opinion.

Old Redback
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Old Redback »

I'm still laughing at how the Celtic fans try and claim the Rangers point of view is biased and present their argument in just as biased fashion. Bottom line is that Scottish football, which is already on its knees, will be worse off with no Rangers in the top flight from an entertainment, atmosphere and financial point of view. Even the other SPL teams rely on the financial windfall of the Auld Firm visiting them twice a year each and they are cutting their throats. Do they think that all the Rangers fans in their town will convert and start buying their shirts in the droves to make up the turnover? Aint gonna happen.

As for the argument that the money meant Rangers cheated their way to success that is utter bollox. These are pro footballers and once they cross the white line they are playing to win irrespective of bonuses, boot money, flash cars etc. The admin may have been corrupt but that doesn't mean the players were. When Celtic were in financial difficulty the players still played for the shirt didn't they?

DOC
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by DOC »

Green has said newco will honour contracts, only mcculloch and Wallace have agreed, the rest want out
ImageImage

Hawkesy's Solicitor
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Hawkesy's Solicitor »

pernunz wrote:I believe it's the top of the heirachy that's gone into Administration/Liquidation/In the process of winding up.

Airdrie United bought out Clydebank and relocated to Aidrie.
When I have people around for dinner I make sure I set aside a couple of options for vegetarians.
They can make do or they can shiraz off !!

Gers
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Gers »

yogi wrote:
Hibs seven wrote:They have cheated for years whilst their fans claimed they were 'simply the best' all the titles and trophies they have won over the period are tainted.

Even their own fans say thay deserve to be punished. I hope for the decent fans they have they make their way back to where they belong but there is no place for them at this time.

It will be a big financial hit for all clubs but local shops will now be able to open and young kids will now be able to go and watch club 12 without being subjected to the disgraceful songs and behaviour that go along with them.

Perhaps there is a local league in Manchester willing to take them on.
Well Said,,,,,,,,,,, :mrgreen:
You talk absolute MINCE!
MON THE GERS

Gers
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Gers »

Old Redback wrote:I'm still laughing at how the Celtic fans try and claim the Rangers point of view is biased and present their argument in just as biased fashion. Bottom line is that Scottish football, which is already on its knees, will be worse off with no Rangers in the top flight from an entertainment, atmosphere and financial point of view. Even the other SPL teams rely on the financial windfall of the Auld Firm visiting them twice a year each and they are cutting their throats. Do they think that all the Rangers fans in their town will convert and start buying their shirts in the droves to make up the turnover? Aint gonna happen.

As for the argument that the money meant Rangers cheated their way to success that is utter bollox. These are pro footballers and once they cross the white line they are playing to win irrespective of bonuses, boot money, flash cars etc. The admin may have been corrupt but that doesn't mean the players were. When Celtic were in financial difficulty the players still played for the shirt didn't they?
Correct, all games and trophies were won fair and square on the park by 11 men in BLUE! It is a disgrace that two thiefs (David Murray/Craig White) have brought disgrace to Scotlands greatest club both of these men hopefully will be jailed. Meantime no matter what division the RANGERS end up in it wont be long before we are back at the top. When we get there it will be interesting to see which clubs still exist when they are deprived of the monies spent by the RANGERS fans which of course they have leeched off from them for over 100 years.We Are The People!
MON THE GERS

Gers
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Gers »

yogi wrote:
THE ORAKLE wrote:the spl must be run by catholics. talk about cutting off their noses to spite their faces. its just suicidal what they are contemplating. all the small minded jealous clubs should instead rally round rangers in their time of crisis rather than putting the boot in,even if its only for securing their own long term futures. scottish football is doomed without old firm games. it would be exactly the same scenario if it were celtic in this mess. nobody should be rubbing their hands over this but sadly,i suspect,some people who can not see the wood for the trees will be doing just that. i weep for the future of scottish football. iam an englishman by the way. :cry:
Hence,,,,,,your little knowledge of the game in the SPL.
What a nice person suggesting the SPL is run by catholics, you have no idea buddy with that comment.

There were 9 clubs voting NO to the cheats of Glasgow, Celtic didn't have to vote !
Just put the shoe on the other foot for a minute, who do you support and who is your biggest rival ?
Then ask yourself should they get away with what rangers have done over the years ?
Cheated there way to titles by avoiding tax etc.
I love the Old Firm games and love beating our auld enemy but the SPL/SFL has to make an example of
the cheating rangers, even if its only for one season in the Scottish first division.

"Hail,Hail"
But celtic did have a vote and they voted no(suprise suprise) The games were won on the park by 11 footballers in BLUE! not by dodgy men off the park. The same way the 11 men in BLUE gubbed the smellies twice at IBROX in the season just finished.
MON THE GERS

Gers
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Gers »

DAM wrote:U do the crime, now do the time!!!!!!!!
JUVENTUS
MON THE GERS

DOC
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by DOC »

hey gers, hey dude, you had 11 players on the park getting double payments on double contracts not declared to the spl, you did the crime, the players knew, you do the time, you cheated, and got found out

typical gers fan
ImageImage

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

DOC wrote:hey gers, hey dude, you had 11 players on the park getting double payments on double contracts not declared to the spl, you did the crime, the players knew, you do the time, you cheated, and got found out

typical gers fan
Haha! If that's cheating then I hope we don't find any examples of celtic players commiting any fouls, because that would also be CHEATING!

sephiroth
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by sephiroth »

God is an Englishman wrote:

Are players contracts being honoured, do players HAVE to honour them?

Those answers would determine my opinion.
a) Depends if they go through FIFA or Scottish courts.
b) Definitely no.

DOC
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by DOC »

DOC wrote:hey gers, hey dude, you had 11 players on the park getting double payments on double contracts not declared to the spl, you did the crime, the players knew, you do the time, you cheated, and got found out

typical gers fan
Haha! If that's cheating then I hope we don't find any examples of celtic players commiting any fouls, because that would also be CHEATING!
And are punished with a free kick bring awarded to the opposition

Sfa rules state all player payments must be declared when the player is registered or he is deemed unregistered and therefore ineligible to play

HMRC, your queens men, if you will, discovered tax was not paid on amount between 50 and 100 million pounds paid to players and staff from an offshore trust, these payments were not declared to the sfa in order to dodge tax, whyte and now green would not foot the bill and hence where are in this situation now where rangers are in liquidation facing dissolution with the newco club having been rejected by the spl Doncaster is trying to Dona dodgy and slip them in div 1 but the clubs aren't having a bar off it, the spl clubs are confident of their income, the sfa need to stand firm and not bring up monetary issues, cos if they do, rangers should pay out all the money they owe to the clubs
ImageImage

Faith No More
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Faith No More »

for Celtic's sake & especially the other SPL clubs, you need rangers back sooner rather than later in the top league.
Otherwise those TV companies that prop up your league will leave en masse.
Looking forward to maltese Div 1 before SPL ...lol!
haggis munching jokes !

Gers
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Gers »

DOC wrote:

typical gers fan

Sfa rules state all player payments must be declared when the player is registered or he is deemed unregistered and therefore ineligible to play

HMRC, your queens men, if you will, discovered tax was not paid on amount between 50 and 100 million pounds paid to players and staff from an offshore trust, these payments were not declared to the sfa in order to dodge tax, whyte and now green would not foot the bill and hence where are in this situation now where rangers are in liquidation facing dissolution with the newco club having been rejected by the spl Doncaster is trying to Dona dodgy and slip them in div 1 but the clubs aren't having a bar off it, the spl clubs are confident of their income, the sfa need to stand firm and not bring up monetary issues, cos if they do, rangers should pay out all the money they owe to the clubs
HMRC did not "discover" these payments,these payments(EBTs) were declared in the Rangers accounts and Rangers were advised they were legal at the time.HMRC changed the rules and now want payment.We will take the third division if that is the outcome but all those clubs that voted us out will they still be around when we return?Think some will go to the wall without the Rangers fans money and a TV deal that will be slashed. As for the double contracts? has that been proven yet? NAW didnae think so!! Get the facts right before you start giving us your bigoted view DUDE! W.A.T.P.
MON THE GERS

dudley
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by dudley »

Rangers goo bye bye.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

will be fun for rangers supporters watching celtic lifting trophies like they are giving em out :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

spl is bye byes :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Gers
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Gers »

dudley wrote:Rangers goo bye bye.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

will be fun for rangers supporters watching celtic lifting trophies like they are giving em out :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

spl is bye byes :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
DUD---LEY I would'nt cross the road to watch sellic :P :lol: :D
MON THE GERS

Gers
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Gers »

DAM wrote:U do the crime, now do the time!!!!!!!!
Juventus
MON THE GERS

yogi
Star Player
Star Player

Post by yogi »

Gers wrote:
yogi wrote:
THE ORAKLE wrote:the spl must be run by catholics. talk about cutting off their noses to spite their faces. its just suicidal what they are contemplating. all the small minded jealous clubs should instead rally round rangers in their time of crisis rather than putting the boot in,even if its only for securing their own long term futures. scottish football is doomed without old firm games. it would be exactly the same scenario if it were celtic in this mess. nobody should be rubbing their hands over this but sadly,i suspect,some people who can not see the wood for the trees will be doing just that. i weep for the future of scottish football. iam an englishman by the way. :cry:
Hence,,,,,,your little knowledge of the game in the SPL.
What a nice person suggesting the SPL is run by catholics, you have no idea buddy with that comment.

There were 9 clubs voting NO to the cheats of Glasgow, Celtic didn't have to vote !
Just put the shoe on the other foot for a minute, who do you support and who is your biggest rival ?
Then ask yourself should they get away with what rangers have done over the years ?
Cheated there way to titles by avoiding tax etc.
I love the Old Firm games and love beating our auld enemy but the SPL/SFL has to make an example of
the cheating rangers, even if its only for one season in the Scottish first division.

"Hail,Hail"
But celtic did have a vote and they voted no(suprise suprise) The games were won on the park by 11 footballers in BLUE! not by dodgy men off the park. The same way the 11 men in BLUE gubbed the smellies twice at IBROX in the season just finished.
No room for CHEATS in the SPL ................. :mrgreen:
You couldn't afford the 11 footballers in BLUE if you hadn't cheated your way in getting them to Ipox !
Have fun in Div 3.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

DOC wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:Haha! If that's cheating then I hope we don't find any examples of celtic players commiting any fouls, because that would also be CHEATING!

And what if the referee doesn't see it.

Not just MY Queen's me, she's yours and your clubs Queen as well.

Why should rangers pay up any money? They're bankrupt and about to be dissolved. Rangers 2012 are not responsible for the debts of Rangers FC.

DOC
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by DOC »

Faith No More wrote:for Celtic's sake & especially the other SPL clubs, you need rangers back sooner rather than later in the top league.
Otherwise those TV companies that prop up your league will leave en masse.
Looking forward to maltese Div 1 before SPL ...lol!
haggis munching jokes !
Didn't know a couple of mil a year was called propping up
ImageImage

DOC
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by DOC »

Gers wrote: HMRC did not "discover" these payments,these payments(EBTs) were declared in the Rangers accounts and Rangers were advised they were legal at the time.HMRC changed the rules and now want payment.We will take the third division if that is the outcome but all those clubs that voted us out will they still be around when we return?Think some will go to the wall without the Rangers fans money and a TV deal that will be slashed. As for the double contracts? has that been proven yet? NAW didnae think so!! Get the facts right before you start giving us your bigoted view DUDE! W.A.T.P.
haha a rangers fan calling someone bigoted, thats classic, best laugh i've had in ages

are you lot firing up cos the 12th of july is coming up or something?

you owe all the clubs in the spl money, so what have you done for them? they wont go bust, if they needed rangers money they would have voted yes

we know you will be back in a few years, unfortunately, but its hard to slash a tv deal that is bargain bottom dollar price thanks to the setanta uk balls up

WATP? yeah you are the people, with out a club to support :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
ImageImage

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

A celtic fan calling someone a bigot, that's funny.

Looking forward to the marches myself. Pity the catholics can't accept these traditional celebrations of good beating evil. I might have to get my flute out and play The Sash. You'd have loved my celebration for the hat trick at the weekend.

DOC
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by DOC »

God is an Englishman wrote:A celtic fan calling someone a bigot, that's funny.

Looking forward to the marches myself. Pity the catholics can't accept these traditional celebrations of good beating evil. I might have to get my flute out and play The Sash. You'd have loved my celebration for the hat trick at the weekend.
mate way too obvious a troll, poor form :lol:

but im guessing the celebration was something like gazza is doing? yeah karma caught up with him :lol:
ImageImage

Gers
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Gers »

DOC wrote:
Gers wrote: HMRC did not "discover" these payments,these payments(EBTs) were declared in the Rangers accounts and Rangers were advised they were legal at the time.HMRC changed the rules and now want payment.We will take the third division if that is the outcome but all those clubs that voted us out will they still be around when we return?Think some will go to the wall without the Rangers fans money and a TV deal that will be slashed. As for the double contracts? has that been proven yet? NAW didnae think so!! Get the facts right before you start giving us your bigoted view DUDE! W.A.T.P.
haha a rangers fan calling someone bigoted, thats classic, best laugh i've had in ages

you owe all the clubs in the spl money, so what have you done for them? they wont go bust, if they needed rangers money they would have voted yes

we know you will be back in a few years, unfortunately, but its hard to slash a tv deal that is bargain bottom dollar price thanks to the setanta uk balls up

WATP? yeah you are the people, with out a club to support :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
MON THE GERS

DOC
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by DOC »

Gers wrote:
DOC wrote:

so you agree with me? most do :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
ImageImage

Gers
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Gers »

According to you we owe ALL SPL clubs money where do you get that from? As far as I am aware (but you can correct me with your vast Knowledge!) we owe Hearts for Wallace,Dundee Utd received our appearance money for the Scottish Cup and Dunfermline where paid all monies owed to them by the Rangers Fans Fund.Rangers have been around for 140 years and will be for the next 140 so we Bears will continue to support the club of the people! We will see who does not need our money sooner rather than later as most clubs that voted us out will be pleading poverty half way through this season!Bigotry is not the sole domain of Rangers supporters as your posts clearly indicate! Give us div 3 watch Sky pull out or decimate the money that was agreed as Scotlands greatest club is not in the premier league. We are and always will be the PEOPLE!
MON THE GERS

DOC
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by DOC »

You are so naive, the world doesn't revolve around Ibrox
ImageImage

dudley
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by dudley »

no one cares about a div 3 side, the world only watches the top tiers in all countries around the world.basically rangers does not exist now, they will exist only again when they or if they get back to the SPL.